• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Now for PT, should he be Master Hand, Zant or Adross? they would all be model replacements and not vertex hacks of PT.

They would however be vertex hacks of Falco and DK. Master hand would just be a model replacement o.o

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, but usually if you replace them with two of the same model, they'll share textures. You seem to have figured it out anyway, so replying to this is pointless, but still.
That just requires a simple hex/material edit to rename the textures that the model uses. We've known how to do that since practically the beginning of this year.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
MY DISCOVERY!

hehe, found much info about texture pattern and it seems we can make fully custom very soon

This is Pikachu's Taunt down texture pattern
I cut it off in the middle or else it would be too big xD

*Black box is the string and the file type.
* The red boxes are connected to each other. is the red box down there switch "line" the red boxes above should have same hex.
* Brown is always the same
* The Purple boxes are connected with each other. it is "where the texture" beginnings string.
* The blue boxes are connected but there function is unknown
* The pink box is connected by the other pink box. it is the textures patterns name, (this case AppealLw)
*In lower Purple box there is some gray boxes, these are speciet connected to their colour, The start of a special texture.

Now the fun part beginngs :D

* Both Green boxes are the Textures replacement and they are 2 each. the above box for EyeL and EyeR and the lower box for EyeYellowL and EyeYellowR.
*the strong pink in green boxes is how MANY TIMES the textures will get replaced, in this case, it is 3 times.
* The yellow boxes is WHICH texture that will be seen in the "String entries". depense on which valute it is in string entries, in this case, 00 is Pikachu_eye.00 and 01 is Pikachu_eye.05

* The Darkblue boxes is FRAMES. They are a kinda hard to figure out. there is always a "4" at the beginning but they are not the frames, so the frames are "-1C0" i believe
don't know yet if they are ansync or sync frames (see PSA timer), if you are higher than the base frames total, the game will freeze

Now the confusing part beginnings

Okay, I tried to increase the texture replacing in upper green box by 5, doing so it will be 5 times (adding a string with the necessary hex) and correcting the String in the black box so they fits as usally.
But then I doing it.

they don't like to be moved D:
if I remove the blue box, I got a warning the string is not "right" but it still works great in game

still some more to discover and need some help from those that are really good at hex D:

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
MY DISCOVERY!

hehe, found much info about texture pattern and it seems we can make fully custom very soon

This is Pikachu's Taunt down texture pattern
I cut it off in the middle or else it would be too big xD

*Black box is the string and the file type.
* The red boxes are connected to each other. is the red box down there switch "line" the red boxes above should have same hex.
* Brown is always the same
* The Purple boxes are connected with each other. it is "where the texture" beginnings string.
* The blue boxes are connected but there function is unknown
* The pink box is connected by the other pink box. it is the textures patterns name, (this case AppealLw)
*In lower Purple box there is some gray boxes, these are speciet connected to their colour, The start of a special texture.

Now the fun part beginngs :D

* Both Green boxes are the Textures replacement and they are 2 each. the above box for EyeL and EyeR and the lower box for EyeYellowL and EyeYellowR.
*the strong pink in green boxes is how MANY TIMES the textures will get replaced, in this case, it is 3 times.
* The yellow boxes is WHICH texture that will be seen in the "String entries". depense on which valute it is in string entries, in this case, 00 is Pikachu_eye.00 and 01 is Pikachu_eye.05

* The Darkblue boxes is FRAMES. They are a kinda hard to figure out. there is always a "4" at the beginning but they are not the frames, so the frames are "-1C0" i believe
don't know yet if they are ansync or sync frames (see PSA timer), if you are higher than the base frames total, the game will freeze

Now the confusing part beginnings

Okay, I tried to increase the texture replacing in upper green box by 5, doing so it will be 5 times (adding a string with the necessary hex) and correcting the String in the black box so they fits as usally.
But then I doing it.

they don't like to be moved D:
if I remove the blue box, I got a warning the string is not "right" but it still works great in game

still some more to discover and need some help from those that are really good at hex D:
O.o
Wait, what?

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
Now for PT, should he be Master Hand, Zant or Adross? they would all be model replacements and not vertex hacks of PT.

They would however be vertex hacks of Falco and DK. Master hand would just be a model replacement o.o
Master hand !
and i will do the psa for bowser jr
but i need an animator an ideas for the psa

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wait pikazz, would that mean you could use another available texture for different animations? To be more specific, Lloyd has numerous facial expressions but there's no way to make him actually use any of those. Would the usage of custom texture patterns allow one to swap in different facial textures much like other characters do or is that a different thing altogether?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Wait pikazz, would that mean you could use another available texture for different animations? To be more specific, Lloyd has numerous facial expressions but there's no way to make him actually use any of those. Would the usage of custom texture patterns allow one to swap in different facial textures much like other characters do or is that a different thing altogether?
I think that is what he is saying.

I'm guessing you could import a whole bunch of different textures into the texture[0] brres already there, and call upon different textures on different animations!

can't wait til its fully figured out.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
That just requires a simple hex/material edit to rename the textures that the model uses. We've known how to do that since practically the beginning of this year.
And I was telling this to someone who was acting as if they didn't know >_> am I like invisible?

zeno503

Smash Rookie
There was a stage that came out for final destination called Heaven's call and it wasn't animated but it sure looked epic so maybe it's an animation for that stage? That would be so cool

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That looks very nice, but I have a deep hatred for Mickey. Hell, I hate Disney itself, and I hate Kingdom Hearts.

/puts Flame Shield on!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
O.o
Wait, what?
texture pattern :D anmtextpat, making like pikachu's eye blick or swaps textures.
yes, this means we can use other textures like Lloyd's expressions textures on different moves :3 and yes, facial textures is possible. even other textures like body or sword xD

if we can put texture pattern on a character that doesn't use it like metaknight. we can make his beta texture "cracked mask" (or at least the idea of it) so it example has a crack on his mask after every game if he lose

Top Bottom