• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

camden

Smash Apprentice
Camden, the lazy, computer-lacking, Wii-Enabled, TO of Nova Scotia, and Head of PRs presents:

THE NS BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

00. Adrian's Commentary :coolmonke

2pro.

Now on to the Real:

NS BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

0. Zhao_guang :luigi2:

1. Raziek :marth: [+]

2. Billybeegood :popo: :snake: :diddy:

3. Drake :rob: [+]

4. Croi :warioc: [+]

5. Nysyarc :ike: [-]

6. Lambnadr :025: [-]

7. KMAG :fox: :mario2: [-]

8. Attila :dk2: [New]

9. Adapt :zerosuitsamus: [-]

10. Orb. :lucas: :toonlink: [-]

Explanations coming later.

inb4beef

KillLock

Smash Lord
hasn't billy been consistently winning until now? why would he be second because of one tournament? lol

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey, I'll have the reasoning post coming up behind this momentarily.

0 - Zhao, is pretty simple. Nobody except me has taken a set off of this guy (RECENTLY), and he still beat back me back anyway. :) Due to currently being inactive in the Brawl scene, but still being legendary, he has been moved to rank 0.

1/2 - This is the controversial decision. When we decided to do the update, we decided to look primarily at HellaSmashed 4, and at SNOBOT. SoS was used only in the case of looking for material for the lower half of the list, like Attila and the rest.

On this note, we came up with the following reasonings.

1) Billy and I are currently 2-2 from HS4 and SNOBOT. He has one win from HS4, and one win from SNOBOT, where as both of my wins are from SNOBOT, which is more recent.

2) We also compared our performances vs. Zhao, who is rank 0. Two losses for Parker from HS4, One Win and One Loss for me from HS4. 0-2 and 1-1.

3) While they only count for a little bit, Billy has been goofing off at the ranbats, and this counts against him SLIGHTLY.

It's entirely possible that Billy can easily snatch back first with a decisive victory over me at the next tourney, but for the ranking period in question, I have the edge. Note: Just because I say I, doesn't make this my decision, it was agreed on by all four panelists.

3/4/5 - This was a three way comparison between Lamb, Drake, and Croi, initially.

When we looked at it, we realized that while Nick has placed 4th three times in a row, he did not defeat many notable players to obtain these ranks. At SoS, only Orb and Nysyarc. At HS4, only Croi. At SNOBOT, only Nysyarc, losing to Drake. (He lost to a combination of Billy and ZHao at the other events, which does not count heavily against him.)

Next we looked at Croi. At HS4, he defeated Nysyarc and Drake, however lost to Lamb, placing 5th. Unfortunately, his wins against Drake and Nysyarc were canceled out by losing to them at SNOBOT, defeating no notable opponents and placing 7th. However, he does have a win on Raziek at the ranbats, which counts for something, which is part of why he made 4th instead of 5th. Also has a 2-0 on Lamb in pools. Croi does one win on Zhao at SoS, but then later lost to him at HS4, which is more recent. He also lost to Wiles, who is unranked, at SoS.

Nysyarc is next. While he placed 3rd at Side of Smash, he only defeated Lamb. Placed 7th at HS4, with no notable wins, and a loss to Croi. At SNOBOT, he defeated KMAG in pools, defeated Croi in bracket, but lost to Lamb. Nysyarc ALSO has a win on Zhao from SoS, however, he was defeated at HS4 by Croi, which is part of why Croi edged him out.

NOTE: I TOTALLY LEFT OUT DRAKE'S WINS FOR SOME REASON, SORRY, FIXING IT.

Drake did not attend SoS, and placed 13th at HS4, losing to Attila and Croi. However, more recently, he placed 3rd at HellaSmashed, defeating Croi, one of his major losses, as well as KMAG and Lamb, other competition for the spot.

Drake's MORE RECENT notable wins give him 3rd, with Croi coming in just behind, and Nysyarc just behind at 5th.

We then quickly compared KMAG and Lamb, and saw that KMAG unfortunately turns out to be Lamb V0.5. He consistently places 5th, with no notable wins, so Lamb earns the edge, taking 6th, with KMAG at 7th.

At this point, we're out of consistent high placing players, so we looked for people with notable wins. Attila has wins on Drake, Raziek (at ranbats), and Billy (Even if he was trolling, it still counts a little) So, he takes 8th.

After that, nobody else really has any notable wins, so despite being inactive since August, Orb. & Adapt are still the highest placing players with notable wins, so they take the final two spots.

Honorable mentions go to jXian and Naugs. If either of these two had gotten a win in pools (Both were close), they could have taken spot 9 or 10.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hi guys, Yink here. I'll be making your PR picture. You guys should start discussing what you'd like for a theme.

Cheers!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
How often are your tourneys guys. Heard ur next ones in January. Man, this is a lesson to Ontario to not take things fr granted. 20 man tourneys every 3 months is :urk:. We're prolly the largest scene in the country (I think we always have been, iunno). Vidz would be nice lol.

Edit: Can't wait to hear how Zhao went from #2 to 0 o.O. And you guyz should make a PR thread in the Canada thread =/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm happy with my spot, I pretty much consistently get 5th in singles anyways, lol.

Tin Man said:
Vidz would be nice lol.
Sooooo much of this. A.S.A.P. Most recent stuff first would be best IMO.

:248:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, long-*** reasons and explanations is complete.

I'm going to try to get some videos up as soon as I have some time, starting with SNOBOT stuff.

Croi

Smash Lord
Hey, I'll have the reasoning post coming up behind this momentarily.

0 - Zhao, is pretty simple. Nobody except me has taken a set off of this guy,
Just throwing this out there, but I beat him at SoS.

EDIT: And shucks about jXian, dude deserves at least 10th :(

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So did I actually, lmfao. I played him round 1 winners and Croi played him right afterwards in losers.

Good stuff on the decisions overall though. If I may make a suggestion however, wouldn't it be a better idea to have 3 or 5 panelists so that if anything comes down to a vote, there's no chance it'll be a 2-2 toss up? Maybe there hasn't been any need for votes, but that's how we're doing it for my Ike boards bi-weeklies PR, with 5 panelists.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
yea, i've lost 4 sets in brawl

a best of 1 to kyle at the Last Gamestore tourny

i lost two sets (best 2/3) to croi and nyke

then i dropped a set to raziek at HS4

still appreciate the love though, i'm not quite sure about billy vs. raziek yet, it's still incredibly close, but **** will be settled at the next event > : )

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Rofl, reminds me of something my brother came up with. We were watching a football game last year and the announcer mentioned some ridiculous statistic (like they always do), and my brother said "imagine if there was this super-human football player who always did everything perfect except for one time in his career".

After retiring as a 10 year veteran he'd be like "I missed a tackle once" and then reminisce about the one time he missed getting a tackle, but on purpose in order to let three other guys on his team immediately deck the guy from all angles at once.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

EDIT: And shucks about jXian, dude deserves at least 10th :(

Ah, right, I forgot to note that. The reason I didn't mention it is because the results for that tourney were all over the place. Yeah, you beat Colin, but at the same time, you lost to Wiles, who is unranked, and placed 9th.

Aaron still has more notable wins (that aren't canceled out by recent losses), but it is something to your credit that we talked about, but I neglected to mention in that post. I'll add it in.

Pretty much the same idea for you, Craysyn. Johns aside, Colin was noticeably NOT on his game (he placed 13th), and you don't have enough other recent wins to put you above Matt.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
So I'm in the valley for work this week and next and I am bored as ****.

I dont suppose anyone here lives remotely close to Kingston and wants to play smash?

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
According to google maps, about 40 minutes away. I presented at a conference at Acadia once, it's a beautiful campus, what are you studying?

Adapt

Smash Lord
I am still active btw...

You just moved the tourney to a weekend that I was in Victoria BC, so I couldn't come. Seeing as there was no reason to practice brawl, I decided to practice BB at the last bi-weekly instead so I might be able to get a win at their tourney next month.

I should be back to brawling after the holidays are over

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ah, good to know. Thanks Kyle.

As for Spaceman's question, I'm taking Game Design, but I should be transferring to Dal at the start of third year. Acadia is proving to be a bit too out of the way, as I'm home rather frequently.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Would you guys reach Ontario in 6 months (like say May 21st-22nd) for a national tournament (Brawl & Melee)? (PR members, this is especially for you).
i wouldnt make any guarantees since it'd be gettin hella close to the end of school (grade 12 year too) but i'd be interested fo real

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We talked about this a bit today, and some of us would definitely be willing to attempt a trip over.

Top Bottom