• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
Howdy!!! Fellow Hali smashers, any Melee players in and around the area? My buddies and I have just recently resurrected our old game cubes... wondering if anyone else out there is an old school smasher or if it's all just brawl these days?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Howdy!!! Fellow Hali smashers, any Melee players in and around the area? My buddies and I have just recently resurrected our old game cubes... wondering if anyone else out there is an old school smasher or if it's all just brawl these days?

When Zhao shows up, he will certainly be happy to play you guys. We're also having a side event for melee at our next tournament, so you are welcomed to attend that on November 20th.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well swordgard, I accept your offer.
Get skype if possible+headset, otherwise do you have aim/msn?

edit: Im an idiot. Il add you later today.

Im calling it beforehand, you will jump into my fsmash near the ledge.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1

When Zhao shows up, he will certainly be happy to play you guys. We're also having a side event for melee at our next tournament, so you are welcomed to attend that on November 20th.
if you guys come to the tournament on the 20th, i'll play you for, quite literally, hours! :)

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
I can get down that way easy enough...
What time frame are you guys thinking? Is it an all day event? I only need to know for the purposes of booking the day off from work

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
basicly it runs from 11am to like.....uhhh....10-11 pm, take the whole day off lmao
Hahaha awesome!
Well, I actually have two jobs to book off, so I just want to make sure there are at least more than a few melee players there to make it worth the effort... 'cause quite honestly, I have never even played Brawl before... so if I went for that tourney I would get creamed!

Is melee large enough there that I would need to register or anything? Is it just a side event for fun? What kind of things should be brought?

I apologize for all the questions and the general noobiness - any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
The brawl takes up the majority of the day, yes. but we have 4-5 competitive melee players that would be glad to make it worthwhile in friendlies when they're not playing tourney, the melee side event is going to run throughout the whole day and hopefully keep you busy.
Register at the door for melee I believe(correct if i'm wrong please), 5$ entry
As for equipment I think you just need a controller, bringing a snack or some spare money for greco across the street is probably a good idea

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Hahaha awesome!
Well, I actually have two jobs to book off, so I just want to make sure there are at least more than a few melee players there to make it worth the effort... 'cause quite honestly, I have never even played Brawl before... so if I went for that tourney I would get creamed!

Is melee large enough there that I would need to register or anything? Is it just a side event for fun? What kind of things should be brought?

I apologize for all the questions and the general noobiness - any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^
me and spaceman spiff won't be entering brawl so you'll always have someone to play!

HoboTheOriginal

Smash Rookie
I can probably get another four or five melee players to come, so we might even have enough to have some doubles matches ^_^

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
so i dont think i'll be going to the tourny anymore. nick if you wanna bring a camera+your stand that'd be sick

sorry dudes :( rooting for a john vs. nick grand finals! (john winning of course bahaha!)

Niala

Smash Ace
Just curious, what's the registration look like for the SNOBOT. I don't particularly want to travel 4-5 hours two ways for a tournament of 10 people, which is what we have on the facebook thread. Are we expecting more?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think most tournaments in our area get about 30ish people for Brawl. Most people who play Brawl singles also play doubles.

Melee really depends on how many people who show up want to play it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Just curious, what's the registration look like for the SNOBOT. I don't particularly want to travel 4-5 hours two ways for a tournament of 10 people, which is what we have on the facebook thread. Are we expecting more?

There's a lot of people who don't pre-reg, and some people just show up with like 4 or 5 of their friends. *coughcamdencough* You definitely don't have to worry about there being 10 people. We'll have at least 20, and I'm expecting about 30.

I highly encourage you to show up, usually only a few people pre-register. xD

Top Bottom