• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why wouldn't it count? You already stated that 5-6 ranked people were there. Money was on the line. What else is needed for it to count? O:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wait no, it boils down to whether or not we're going to put out a PR for a season that was months ago. The whole thing about Oreo's tournament was decided to count, but that's not the reason a list hasn't been put out, lol. Crap came up during the time we were planning on releasing it, and we weren't able to. As time went on, and people became less busy (which hasn't finished happening yet), it turns out that a list of that time frame wouldn't be, at all, a good show of how our states stack up.

I'm going to come out and say what I think should happen, although this is only my opinion and take on the situation. First of all, we're going to be cutting down our panel to three people. Count, Jake, and myself. If we do decide to start up a PR again, I think it should be put off for awhile, until everyone gets back on their feet, and are able to manage something well, without mistakes being made and whatnot. If this happens, it may be awhile before a new list is put out. We need to rework our requirements and everything. I personally think that the PR should be put on hiatus until we're able to give a solid ranking. Which means both that our scenes are active enough and our panelists aren't swamped with **** going on, at the same time. Sorry, guys.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I agree. More than half of our candidates for our PR were bogged down with school and jobs and stuff that made it harder to get out to tournaments, even with the lenient 2 tourney minimum. I think we should wait until the spring before we work on the PR.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Seriously, we need someone like Overswarm who will step up and rly get this rolling. But will listen to people and no customs lol! We'd do the new standard ruleset AZ has proposed.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually I really liked the custom stages. -looks at joey and overswarm and lyric and everyone else I played there-. I was a good player back then!

You all are just delaying the PR cuz you got bad results and wanna sneak some good ones in real quick, obviously.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I do think it is a bit silly.
Even when there were long, sufficient processes I was unhappy with the PR.
No offense to Brax, but I had no idea who he was until he popped ahead of me on the last PR, and then I still saw nothing impressive that made me think that he would go ahead of me.

I say, just prematurely release the way you guys have it as of now. I think people just want to see progression towards it and what has been looked at, and where the main trouble is. I don't think it should be put off when we were apparently super close to releasing it anyway. That's making it such a tease ;3

Seriously tho...MIDWEST CIRCUIT

Calebyte

Smash Lord
For the next circuit, I think it would be cool if it didn't last over a year with a few tournies and a lot of idle time, and it would be super cool if it was over already.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I say, just prematurely release the way you guys have it as of now. I think people just want to see progression towards it and what has been looked at, and where the main trouble is. I don't think it should be put off when we were apparently super close to releasing it anyway. That's making it such a tease
This! The entire point of a PR, right there (Nobody better say so other states knows who's good)! To see our own progress among our peers. C'mon y'all it's not like you're handing out grammies or releasing a brawl hack.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Like, I just remember that when I started, circuits were done within like 6 months max (it seemed).

I just want to get the MW hyped up again. We're nowhere near dead, we just need stuff to go to.

I miss the circuit right before custom stages came into play. Like the circuits that had C4 Galore in it. That beep was the beep!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUeYrAIbXY

<3333

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
There's a small brawl tournament up here in 2 weeks if interested, but it's probably not worth the drive for you guys.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
It's like... without an info thread or something, apparently no one from SWF is going.

But seriously, if the info were up I'd consider the drive.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't believe it has a smashboards thread o-o

Or a thread at all! Those kind of tournaments are Huntington's specialty though.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Sorry for the double post but next weekend there is a Fort Wayne tournament with a (semi) legitimate ruleset.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11781031

The only problem is that it can easily go to time, but since most of the players last time weren't very good at all, that issue almost never came up. Also the loser's bracket thing is weird. Also, you need to register on the site.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll talk to the other panelists about putting out a list, Eric. It might not be a bad idea to just put out a simple list after SiiS, unannounced. Well, announced now, haha. In all honesty though, don't be surprised if this whole thing gets canceled until further notice. About the previous list that we put off, it wasn't more than something slapped together. But I'll talk to the other panelists and see what they want to do.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
well the place just opened last month so it's still growing. I'm gonna talk to them about running tournaments at their place, although they would be capped because of such a small space (probably around 30 until summer if we get things going).

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
So me and Hilt talked a bit and we decided to post what we had mostly agreed on, just to give everyone a sense of closure until we get the next PR update ready.

Keep in mind that:
a). This list is old enough that people who have since quit (Crash, Renegade) were still active and deserving of spots on the list--The last tournament considered was the first GP Affairs.
b). There is no set date for when the next PR will come out, but we'll likely be collecting all the new tournament data and combining it with the data from this "season" so that we can get the best grasp on where people belong once it comes out.

1. Krystedez :warioc: / :pit:
2. Renegade :snake: / :metaknight:
3. Count :diddy:
4. HadesBlade :yoshi2:
5. Hilt :olimar:
6. Mister Eric :rob:
7. Beast :luigi2:
8. Crash :luigi2:
9. XeroXen :mario2:
10. Sovereign :zerosuitsamus:

This is the top 10 on the pretense that Judo was inactive. Were we to decide he was active we were likely going to place him at the 4th spot, which would bump everyone down and put Sovereign in HMs

Honorable Mentions:
ShadowPhoenix :metaknight:
4Bidden :fox:
Sold2 :dk2:
Excel :sonic: / :metaknight:

Inactive:
Judo :sheilda:
Avarice :diddy:
Xisin :marth:
Kero :olimar:
LiKang :snake:

Braxton and Shyguy both drop off the list.

Top Bottom