• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
hmmm

i personally think of tinman di as more of an AT (still not too sure how its done though), whereas killc0ck di is just fail.

the former takes a degree of skill wc just aint at nah mean

edit: also it saddens me that i do not have a clue who many of the people posting here are...
You should make a come back into the Brawl community to represent Kingston :(

Apparently I will be getting an interview some time around, dunnow when. Who chooses the questions?
I do, ahem alright let's start this interview.

1) I heard rumors you often speak while you're sleeping , is this true? Can you tell us more about it?

2) Is is believed that you never ate a single vegetable in your life and alway go for raw juicy meat during your meals. Urban legends or true?

3) What do you think about Nana, it seems your feelings are very conflicted when you talk about her. So...is she your girlfriend or just a friend? Your audience demands answers!

4) What do you think about Holy The Great©(Sorry Viviff)? It is a known fact you have been unable to defeat him these past years, any reasons why other than he's a scrub that use MK and planks you?

While think about more questions after I'm done ****** Ally in MK dittos.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
hmmm

i personally think of tinman di as more of an AT (still not too sure how its done though), whereas killc0ck di is just fail.

the former takes a degree of skill wc just aint at nah mean

edit: also it saddens me that i do not have a clue who many of the people posting here are...
See, the thing about Tin Man DI is that its real purpose is to actually kill yourself FASTER, so that you can respawn and use the few seconds you are invincible to take your kill.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
are there still videos from pharoahs judgment to be uploaded? because right now there are only like 13 videos up on the canadabrawl channel

just wondering

swordgard

Smash Hero
1) I heard rumors you often speak while you're sleeping , is this true? Can you tell us more about it?
I heard rumors about it too. For more questions about this, ask anybody who slept in the same room as me, as far as they can tell I never sleep though and can talk about anything all night long.

2) Is is believed that you never ate a single vegetable in your life and alway go for raw juicy meat during your meals. Urban legends or true?
True, if there is no meat, there is no food. Veggies are for the weak and the sane.

3) What do you think about Nana, it seems your feelings are very conflicted when you talk about her. So...is she your girlfriend or just a friend? Your audience demands answers!
We had our moments, but I think we need some counselling, at times she is the light of my day and at others I feel like she has suicidal tendencies. If any of you know a good psychiatrist, please refer me their name.

4) What do you think about Holy The Great©(Sorry Viviff)? It is a known fact you have been unable to defeat him these past years, any reasons why other than he's a scrub that use MK and planks you?
The use of MK has certainly helped said player to beat me, but I feel like my inability to beat him mostly steams from my recent dispute with nana, she seems unable to make any compromise. In other words, she does what she wants whenever she wants, and often she does the wrong thing. /le sigh.

Will think of more answers when Ally stops sandbagging.

PS: Viviff apparently has a case against you and is going to sue. That wallet gonna graped.

.decoy

Smash Ace
the rest of this semester is looking pretty smooth for me, so if there is one before april i will likely be in attendance. unless there is a sooperdooper party the day of/night before. but i will do my best, i do sort of want to get back into this. ive actually been playing a decent amount (...of mk).

no but seriously i think it's time. if mtl has something coming up i'd be down to go to that too...?

swordgard

Smash Hero
the rest of this semester is looking pretty smooth for me, so if there is one before april i will likely be in attendance. unless there is a sooperdooper party the day of/night before. but i will do my best, i do sort of want to get back into this. ive actually been playing a decent amount (...of mk).

no but seriously i think it's time. if mtl has something coming up i'd be down to go to that too...?

March 12th, kkongs place, too lazy to link.

.decoy

Smash Ace
currently working that day but i think i can change it. 90% chance i'll be there.

i read that kage is going too - is there going to be a melee setup? if so i'll ask my friend tect to come, ****er just came 25th at pound V. quality player.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
currently working that day but i think i can change it. 90% chance i'll be there.

i read that kage is going too - is there going to be a melee setup? if so i'll ask my friend tect to come, ****er just came 25th at pound V. quality player.
He won the melee tourney in Ottawa too, he's very good. I'm sure Kage will find some challenge if he comes.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The New PR

I'll be at work by the time the OP gets updated so heres the list for now with reasons. Not many changes are being made since the Ontario Pwn Classic tourney wasn't supposed to affect the PR as much as others. 50% of the PR ended up attending so this update weighs a little more on the Ontario Pwn Classic than originally planned since about 30% of the PR showed interest in participating prior to the event.

1. Toronto Joe: Too Much going for him.

2. Tin Man: Same as Joe. Joe is 3-0 with me since November and beat Holy.

3. Raidos: Main achievement being his recent win against me.

4. Ambrose: Placing 5th 3 times and excellent doubles record, although losing to Mprime & Rhyme at the OPC. Also wins over Raidos and Culex, being 1-0 with both of them since November. Being 1-1 with Inle reinforces Ambrose being below Raidos.

5. Culex: Only attending 2 tourneys, yet placing really well, and being 1-0 with Raidos since November.

6. Gichan: 1-1 with Raidos since November, winning their recent set, as well as beating King Kong. Relatively poor placement at the OPC due to forfeiting to Mr.L and losing to Cruxis, who went on to get 5th has been taken into consideration and will not become too much of a burden on Gi.

7. Iliad: 1-0 with Gichan since November, but overall worse placings, and losses to Phiddlesticks and King Kong.

8. Phiddlesticks. Overall consistency, getting 9th 3 times in a row, 1-1 with Iliad since November, winning their most recent set. Also beating Darkshadow.

9. JMo: Excellent doubles performance at Pharaoh's Judgement and a good placing at the OPC with an unranked doubles partner, resulting in 4th place and 9th in singles. Losing to Darkshadow however and poor results in singles at Pharaoh's Judgement keeps him down.

10. Rhyme: Poor performances at both Pharaoh's Judgement and OPC. Losing to Jasuke, Mr.L and HrcPoke, pretty much nullifying his win over Raidos. Decent doubles performance at the OPC however, beating Ambrose & JL.

HM's:

HrcPoke: Beating Rhyme and perfect tourney attendance since November.

Inle: Beating Ambrose & Fool. Only showing to 1 tournament but beating extremely notable players.

Jasuke: The most consistent player of all the HM's shown through attendance at 3 events and placing 13th 3 times in a row. Consistency keeps him as an while the others beat PR members to get here.

Mr.L: Beating Rhyme at the OPC.

Drop-outs:

Mprime: Poor performance twice in a row. Not making it out of pools at Pharaoh's judgement, losing to cMeDu, and getting 17th at the OPC.

Dan-Da-Man: Only showing up to 1 tourney since November, and the new HM's having more notable achievements over him.

Iliad

Smash Lord
There was alot of debate about whether the PR should be changed or not given the lack of PR attendance at OPC. Myself, Raidos, Phiddlesticks, Culex, TO Joe. We determined that there shouldn't be any change to the actual PR but rather the HMs.

The topic of Hype did come up, and we all agree he's PR material, and will be seeded as such, but until the next tourney and more importantly when it's apparent that he's genuinely returning to the scene, he'll most certainly be on that PR, you can take that to the bank.

The only thing that makes us apprenhensive is the fact that Sauga as a whole hasn't been active in the scene for the past while, and we don't wanna throw Steve on the PR if he's not going to attend regularly. No more JiggleThePuff bull****.

swordgard

Smash Hero
There was alot of debate about whether the PR should be changed or not given the lack of PR attendance at OPC. Myself, Raidos, Phiddlesticks, Culex, TO Joe. We determined that there shouldn't be any change to the actual PR but rather the HMs.

The topic of Hype did come up, and we all agree he's PR material, and will be seeded as such, but until the next tourney and more importantly when it's apparent that he's genuinely returning to the scene, he'll most certainly be on that PR, you can take that to the bank.

The only thing that makes us apprenhensive is the fact that Sauga as a whole hasn't been active in the scene for the past while, and we don't wanna throw Steve on the PR if he's not going to attend regularly. No more JiggleThePuff bull****.
Im pretty sure hype never quits the scene, hes busy with uni. Hes said so multiple times.

Iliad

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I never accused him of quitting the scene, just not attending regularly?

Jesus christ Yannick, do you EVER not try your damndest to pick a fight?

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I never accused him of quitting the scene, just not attending regularly?

Jesus christ Yannick, do you EVER not try your damndest to pick a fight?
Yes? I want hype above tinman D : Makes for better grudge matches.

Also pretty sure returning implies quitting usually.

edit: Turns out I was wrong, return implies going back to an earlier state.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Hype should be an honourable mention?

EDIT:I meant at least a honourable mention, this could be the compromise if the panel is adamant in their decision

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
If Hype got an honourable mention.... that would be a complete insult to his skill.
Hype should definitely be on the power rankings... The power rankings are about skill aren't they? Hype still shows to some tournies, he said he's busy with uni (i asked him as well), so cmon, give the man a break.

Mprime: Poor performance twice in a row. Not making it out of pools at Pharaoh's judgement, losing to cMeDu, and getting 17th at the OPC.

WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN >=[.

Patches

Smash Master
If Hype got an honourable mention.... that would be a complete insult to his skill.
Hype should definitely be on the power rankings... The power rankings are about skill aren't they? Hype still shows to some tournies, he said he's busy with uni (i asked him as well), so cmon, give the man a break.

WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN >=[.
It's simply saying that because you're new to the scene.

Gichan

Smash Champion
yo cMe, you expect us to already hold you with such high regards so quickly? you're new just keep coming out and prove yourself. 4th was damn indeed impressive, just keep up the good work. no waahs.

And for hype, iliad pretty much explained it well, we did indeed have a lot of toruble with what to do with them (hype, fool) so we had them placed on the PR, so IF they should up they'll be seeded at that point. An example is if hype was #3, he'll be seeded as #3, we're just not going to put him on just so he doesn't come out next tourney and wasted our time. Hype and Fool ****, it's not like we don't know that.

And yeah, Hype lost to Holy 3-0, jesus what trash holy is such a scrub and doesn't know that MK ditto.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
No I didn't mean hold me in high regards....
but
WHAT THE HECK DOES
"losing to cMeDu at Pharaohs" mean :(

Makin me sound so damn free lol

I WILL PROVE YOU ALL WRONG *NOM NOM NOM*

Gichan

Smash Champion
We know you are not free but like it's still an upset in MPrime's standards, he was our honorable mention and lost to a newcomer.

Top Bottom