• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

tha_carter

Smash Ace
So basically, saugas not on the pr because the PR member (that never asked the members of sauga) think they wont show up in the FUTURE (even though theyve been long time members and never mentioned quiting).

I guess Inle is lucky he's not from sauga.

Out of curiousity, lets see the secret PR that you guys have that has sauga on it lol

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you guys really shouldnt look at last weeks revision as an actual update, we all know Hype is PR bound if he can come out of nowhere and get 2nd, the updates were moreso little tweaks to the existing list

l know steve doesnt care about being on honorable mentions haha he'll be seeded properly next tourney so who cares about numbers :)

IMO we need to stop making changes to the pr every tourney, cause its more or less a win/loss tracker than an actual rankings list atm, needs some consistency

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, pretty much.

How about updating it every 3 months/tourneys, whichever comes last/first?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Hey, can we ban double MK in teams? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?
do you even get far enough in the doubles bracket to get to the double Mk teams?

naw im jking<33dirt

in the summer when were more active maybe that could work,but if were hosting 1 tourney a month i think every 2 tourneys would be perfect

Hype

Smash Lord
edit: @ the posts about less frequent pr updates.
I disagree. I think frequent updates are more motivating and encouraging for people to show up and do well.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
edit: @ the posts about less frequent pr updates.
I disagree. I think frequent updates are more motivating and encouraging for people to show up and do well.
Yes i agree with you there but it makes the PR have less merit if after one tourney a player gets to make such a jump,i remember back in the day having to work really hard to even get 10th on the PR, right now i dont really see it as competitive, i think the extra incentive and difficulty to make the list apposed to the confidence boost recieved from early recognition will in the long term be alot more rewarding for players new and old.

(im not speaking on behalf of all the panelists btw,im pretty sure im the only one in favor of less updates)

sauc3

Smash Lord
you guys should know, there a big brawl tourney (Clash of the Titians 5) on June 25th to 26th, and if you buy your tickets early enough from megabus, its 2$ round trip toronto to philidelphia. Might be worth your while for some of you to go.

just keep checking the megabus website (U.S. version), june tickets will start selling soon.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
one day after my bday O_O
!_! dude...if those prices are legit i might even consider that over genesis 2$ WTF

link me to tix if you can??

sauc3

Smash Lord
one day after my bday O_O
!_! dude...if those prices are legit i might even consider that over genesis 2$ WTF

link me to tix if you can??
like I said, tickets for june will start being available soon, but here's the link

http://us.megabus.com/

in the next few weeks is when they should be available. the longer you wait after they go up, the more expensive they will be.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
like I said, tickets for june will start being available soon, but here's the link

http://us.megabus.com/

in the next few weeks is when they should be available. the longer you wait after they go up, the more expensive they will be.
I can buy a $2 ticket, try and lie to my parents, and not really have lost anything if I don't go. I think imma sign up for CoT5. Everyone on the PR by then shud. Gotta make dat impression!

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Secret PR with Sauga on it?

1. Hype
2. KingAce
3. Fool
4. Mikey
5. Nickcam
6. Carter
7. Inle
8. Dan-Da-Man
9. Shifu (lol?)
10. RyanFW
how the frig do u have a sauga pr where the DRIVERS are not on top i mean come on. sauga doesnt do bus. i mean so what if i absolutely cannot stand playing the game for more than 1 minute now, that crap doesnt matter at all

1. MIKEY/CARTER TIE
3. hype
4. kingace
5 nick
6 shifu
7 ryan
8 fool
9 dimmy
10 HONORARY SAUGA MEMBERS WHO TRAINED IN SAUGA: JL, AMBROSE, Gi

thats right. gi, jl and AMBROSE TRAINED in sauga

just had to put that out there so everyone can realize what sauga really brings to the table

that right there is how it is.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
you guys should know, there a big brawl tourney (Clash of the Titians 5) on June 25th to 26th, and if you buy your tickets early enough from megabus, its 2$ round trip toronto to philidelphia. Might be worth your while for some of you to go.

just keep checking the megabus website (U.S. version), june tickets will start selling soon.
$2? WTF?!? how is that even possible.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I can buy a $2 ticket, try and lie to my parents, and not really have lost anything if I don't go. I think imma sign up for CoT5. Everyone on the PR by then shud. Gotta make dat impression!
you would get face ***** by everyone cause olimar is free so are you

Tin Man

Smash Hero
the troll was also from sauga too i think LOL
yep, him and akariss

you would get face ***** by everyone cause olimar is free so are you

free bird was wrote after you and by bird i mean chicken
but i love you

kinda

sorta

i guess cause i have to.[/QUOTE]

I <3 u too?

i mean so what if i absolutely cannot stand playing the game for more than 1 minute now, that crap doesnt matter at all
So basically, if anyone times u out to 1 minute, your free?

just had to put that out there so everyone can realize what sauga really brings to the table
A crapload of inactive players?

:troll:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
$2

Holy **** I want to go.

All of Ontario needs to get out to this.

I'll seriously see about hooking up rides to Toronto for anyone in Ontario, and then we take the bus from here.

Since it's such a long advance notice it will probably be fine.

No excuses unless you have a final that weekend.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well me and TO joe were born on the same date apparently.

edit: Considering going to cat5 now.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Well me and TO joe were born on the same date apparently.

edit: Considering going to cat5 now.
megabus also runs from montreal to toronto (on the canadian version) so if you buy that ticket in advance it'll also only be 2$ round trip,

ever since i found out about this ive been waiting for montreal to host a big melee/brawl event. now money is no longer an issue for travel.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, that's actually pretty awesome.

I wonder if megabus goes out west. We might be able to get to some Alberta tournaments too.

*EDIT* Unless Buffalo moved shop to Alberta, not a chance.

Actually, I'm looking at the site, and I'm not seeing how we get to philadelphia.

*EDIT AGAIN* Never mind, had to go to the US section.

Top Bottom