• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
That's the last time I update the first post before I go to sleep. I seem to make mistakes more often when I'm tired. @_@

Hello? RandomTBush can you help me out with my skeleton model please??

Or anybody for that matter?? Need it ASAP please just need to know the name of a game that has one that uses mdl0s!
-Omni
Hm, can't really think of any games off the top of my head that have a skeleton model (though maybe Samurai Warriors 3 might, but the textures are a pain to get). If I find one, I'll let you know.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
That's the last time I update the first post before I go to sleep. I seem to make mistakes more often when I'm tired. @_@

Hm, can't really think of any games off the top of my head that have a skeleton model (though maybe Samurai Warriors 3 might, but the textures are a pain to get). If I find one, I'll let you know.
Thanks for now ^^, it's fixed :)

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong Country Returns... *PAK

I had take a look on HEX and I didn't find anything as MDL0, but didn't searched about BRRES...
I may try to find again, but would be better if has a unpacker T_T

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong Country Returns... *PAK

I had take a look on HEX and I didn't find anything as MDL0, but didn't searched about BRRES...
I may try to find again, but would be better if has a unpacker T_T
I've checked it before. It uses a modified version of the model format used for Metroid Prime 3, so therefore it doesn't have MDL0.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
does mario strikers charged use mdl0?
I can't even get the game to emulate under Dolphin, so I can't even tell if it does. The files don't look like they would be, and I can't get any potential decompressed files. However, since the game was made by the same company that developed Punch-Out!!!, I'd say "no".

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
An odd question, but would anyone happen to know if any of the games have a bicycle MDL0 hiding in them?

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
hi, rtb
can you send me the bowser jr mario sports mix brush model?
and
can i use it without problems freezes,etc or need hex,etc?
thanks.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Since I doubt they're using the Windwaker/Twilight Princess engine this time... probably :o We'll see once it comes out i guess.

I'm curious as to whether 3DS games use MDL0, but I suppose we're a long way from dumping 3DS roms right now.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Since I doubt they're using the Windwaker/Twilight Princess engine this time... probably :o We'll see once it comes out i guess.

I'm curious as to whether 3DS games use MDL0, but I suppose we're a long way from dumping 3DS roms right now.
Two Japanese 3DS games is already out

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys just trying to find my skeleton model!! :bee:

So help would be greatly appreciated!! Or if you could tell me a game where one is that has mdl0 that'd be great!!
-Omni

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone help me figure something out?

First of all, I want to replace the model/texture of Ike's second sword (the external Graphic) with a glaive model that I got from Okami (A friend on KKMM got it actually.) The glaive's main part is the sword and hilt part as one model/polygon. What I'm trying to do is first replace Ikes second sword graphic with the model/texture for the glave (For okami fans, the glaive is Thunders Edge).

Next, I want to take THAT graphic, and swap it out with marios cape and/or FLUUD. But all attempts to do so this far have failed.

If anyone couldhelp me, that'd be great...

I suppose the first issue would be getting that model to work on ike's external graphic?

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
I extracted that Thunder's Edge model.
All I can say is, it may not show up in game...
Okami models are... weird, to put it lightly.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to make Sonic Colours' stages readable by BrawlBox
Yeah, it's possible. You have to hex the header yourself, though. (And blank out where the "Textures2" would be, as well.)

Also, another game has MDL0: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Duel Transer.

You need to use QuickBMS and this script (written for Cave Story Wii) to decompress them:

Code:
get name BASENAME
string name + "_ext."
get name1 extension
string name + name1
get zsize asize
comtype lz77wii
clog name 0 zsize zsize

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@RandomTBush I'm looking for a barebones skeleton just bones and preferably with a ribcage please

thats not exactly what I'm looking for unless the shirt and gloves come off and there are hands and ribcage underneath So thanks but please keep searching as I too am doing!!
-Omni

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Does it work in Brawlbox/Ingame?
If so, may I have the model? A bat cave stage would be awesome!
Yeah, it works in-game. You'll have to remove a few objects from the stage though, namely the grey trophy placeholders and that large brown rectangular prism up at the top.

And it has 64,764 polygons, it's unusually blocky-looking, miniscule, and uses absolutely no textures whatsoever! Huzzah! :awesome:

(Pretty odd and large, but still an MDL0 nonetheless.)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Oop. I think I found the real Batcave models. That one's probably a Beta one.

As for F-Zero GX and Sonic 4, I don't think either of them have MDL0. Especially not the former, as it's a Gamecube game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That stage import is small compared to Mr. G&W. Which reminds me...

Most of the Mario Sports Mix models that I got from RandomTBush are small in size. They'll have to be scaled to about 15x (maybe less) their normal size before being used.

witeba

Smash Rookie
Confused

@Mario and Sonic Guy

hey would you mind giving me some of your Mario sports mix models or at least tell me how to rip them cause I have surched hundreds of Google pages and threads for somebody to mention "Mario Sports Mix Models" i would appreciat it and share them with everyone if you want me to that is, so please dont ignore this comment and I will wait patently for them.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
wait does this mean batman is the first official game that isn't made from a japanese developer and uses MDl0?

awesome discoverty RTB

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
That stage import is small compared to Mr. G&W. Which reminds me...

Most of the Mario Sports Mix models that I got from RandomTBush are small in size. They'll have to be scaled to about 15x (maybe less) their normal size before being used.
hi,can i have only a bowser jr brush if you have it?
because i asked for that and i never recieve it
thanks

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario and Sonic Guy

hey would you mind giving me some of your Mario sports mix models or at least tell me how to rip them cause I have surched hundreds of Google pages and threads for somebody to mention "Mario Sports Mix Models" i would appreciat it and share them with everyone if you want me to that is, so please dont ignore this comment and I will wait patently for them.
Speak with RandomTBush, as he's the one who has been working with the models from that game.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey RTB any skeleton models in that Batman game?? Sorry to bother just keeping up with my search ;)

I would be pleased if others could help me as well!
-Omni

Top Bottom