• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Yeah, but ISOs, like I said, are encrypted and need to be extracted with either Dolphin or WiiScrubber.

Anyway, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers does NOT use MDL0. Just checked it a few minutes ago.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Alright, well I searched ALMOST every file in budokai 3, and none of them have a trace of mdl0, but a couple of the files, when I try to extract them, my wiiscrubber stops responding, so only part of the file gets extracted...

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
For those, you'll want to wait for the file to finish extracting. really, you should leave wiiscrubber to work, without clicking it for about 10 minutes. Then open the file once it's done, and ssearch for MDL0 in the hex data of it.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
alright, I did that and it appears to not have any trace of mdl0, this is my first game I've ever truly went through each file to check though, so if someone wanted to double check with a more sufficient method that'd be cool. Question though, what's the difference between mdl0 and mdl3? I found a string in here that said mdl3...

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
i have a question i found in a game a mDL0 file this means mdl0?
i found with hex editor

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
alright, I did that and it appears to not have any trace of mdl0, this is my first game I've ever truly went through each file to check though, so if someone wanted to double check with a more sufficient method that'd be cool. Question though, what's the difference between mdl0 and mdl3? I found a string in here that said mdl3...
"mdl3" has absolutely no relation to MDL0. In fact, I'm almost certain that it's not a file format, but rather the bytes "6D 64 6C 33" in order, from something else.

.arc files in Godzilla Unleashed! :bee:

Lets see if I can crack these babies.

.bin too!
I believe Godzilla: Unleashed was already looked through, and it didn't have MDL0.

i have a question i found in a game a mDL0 file this means mdl0?
i found with hex editor
Since everyone's looking for "MDL0", you should also try looking for "bres" or "TEX0". As I said before, the "MDL0" is always case sensitive.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm back from my holiday. I'm gonna back up my copy of Fragile Dreams just to see if it uses MDL0.

EDIT: Scratch that. WiiHTTPd won't start for some reason. It's probably an IOS issue, but I can't be bothered fixing it now.

TwilightGintoki

Smash Rookie
Hey, I looked through the ISO of "gintama banji oku chuubu (***)" and the files are packed in .pac files and in my hex editor(HxD), I can see the bresby, root and the MDL0 in the data but it's layered strangely...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey, I looked through the ISO of "gintama banji oku chuubu (***)" and the files are packed in .pac files and in my hex editor(HxD), I can see the bresby, root and the MDL0 in the data but it's layered strangely...
Might be compressed in some way, then, but it definitely sounds like it has MDL0.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
So, has anyone been able to find any MDL0s in Toy Story Mania, Toy Story 3, or Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes?
All the files in Toy Story mania are .bik and .wii files. When I open them up in a HxD I don't see any sign of MDL0, TEX0, or CHR0. So then to my understanding that means 2 things, either the files are encrypted, or there is no trace of MDL0 in the game, right? (I'm just trying to help, sorry for all the stupidity on my end)

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
All the files in Toy Story mania are .bik and .wii files. When I open them up in a HxD I don't see any sign of MDL0, TEX0, or CHR0. So then to my understanding that means 2 things, either the files are encrypted, or there is no trace of MDL0 in the game, right? (I'm just trying to help, sorry for all the stupidity on my end)

Okay, well, I'm only following this topic, but I believe a few other Movie based games use .wii and no MDL0, so I'd assume the same for Toy Story Mania :/

I would join in on this project, but most of the programs needed aren't Mac compatible, unless I go through the trouble of using WINE.

yellowthunder

Smash Rookie
RandomTBush, do you think you could help me with this issue? I don't know whether this is an incompatibility issue, or I did something wrong during the process of hexing the models, but no matter what the Sonic Colo(u)rs models still refuse to even load in brawl. (I'm using terminal velocity's stage and sky with the stage lighting)

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I need to get a copy of Toy Story 3 the game then to check that. I would love to bring Buzz Lightyear into brawl, I think it'd just be awesome haha

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
I need to get a copy of Toy Story 3 the game then to check that. I would love to bring Buzz Lightyear into brawl, I think it'd just be awesome haha
I'd love to get Woody in, if only so I can vertex this.

And couldn't you just rent a copy long enough to extract the necessary content?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBush, do you think you could help me with this issue? I don't know whether this is an incompatibility issue, or I did something wrong during the process of hexing the models, but no matter what the Sonic Colo(u)rs models still refuse to even load in brawl. (I'm using terminal velocity's stage and sky with the stage lighting)
Send the files to me and I'll take a look at them, see what needs to be fixed.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I'd love to get Woody in, if only so I can vertex this.

And couldn't you just rent a copy long enough to extract the necessary content?
I could, if I had a job, I've been jobless for a little while now, BUT I have a job interview tomorrow haha (off topic I know) So I'll look around for a copy of it and check it out. but I'm 99% sure we can add budokai 3 and toy story mania to the list of games that DON'T have MDL0

yellowthunder

Smash Rookie
Send the files to me and I'll take a look at them, see what needs to be fixed.

Alright, thanks for your help. I'll PM the brres I'm using to you.
I'm planning on porting whatever stage I can from Colo(u)rs, I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks for your help. I'll PM the brres I'm using to you.
I'm planning on porting whatever stage I can from Colo(u)rs, I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong at the moment.
I figured out the problem. Check your PMs for the fixed PAC file.

Makes me really wish that SRT0 files could be edited or viewed, so that I could find out why the ones taken from Sonic Colours won't work, while the ones from TMNT: Smash-Up do.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Again, the okami models are displaying improperly ingame.
I've been meaning to look into why they're doing that, but I've been backlogged with all sorts of other things. Before I forget again, I'll go take a look shortly.

(EDIT: It's definitely something to do with the material properties. I'll see what values need to be modified to get them to work properly.)

(EDIT 2: Yeah, I think it's the material properties... for the characters, at least. Stage parts seem to work fine?)

yellowthunder

Smash Rookie
Well this seems to work perfectly (using the fixed pac)

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4439/rsbe01047.png
My main issue here is porting the lighting, unless that's pretty much impossible for Colo(u)rs now.
Also STR0 has to do with texture movement am I right?
EDIT: Before I forget, it seems the stage files that are over 1MB from this game won't even go through the hexers, I just get a bone display in BrawlBox's main viewer.

Dark Aura

Smash Rookie

My main issue here is porting the lighting, unless that's pretty much impossible for Colo(u)rs now.
EDIT: Before I forget, it seems the stage files that are over 1MB from this game won't even go through the hexers, I just get a bone display in BrawlBox's main viewer.
If you did Planet Wisp I would love you forever.

Gslasher

Smash Rookie

Can you send me this stage?

yellowthunder

Smash Rookie
If you did Planet Wisp I would love you forever.
In the process of porting there's a little issue with Stage Models that aren't Terminal Velocity or Gameland (or credits).

I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I don't think these can be corrected in any way.

Top Bottom