• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If some of these are repeats..... sorry! :urg:

Which of the four seasons is your favorite and why?

Why did you choose Pikachu as a main?

A question for the true Pika: if Pikachu was bottom, garbage, Triforce tier, would you still main him?

Who the **** is that in your avatar?

What's underneath your bed right now?

What do you love about the Smash community? What do you hate about it?

Did you think my crew's trash talk was too loud at KTAR2? :p

What's your stance on MK? Do you think he's banworthy?

What's your absolute worst habit?

If you somehow managed to get a pet Pikachu, what would you name it?

What would be the title of your biography?

What's your best pickup line for teh womenz?

Besides Smash, do you play any other fighters? (Even though Brawl is technically a party game......... x.x)

Three words to describe you. Go!

Ummm, I guess I vote Kyoshi to go next. Again.

altairian

Smash Lord
what are some of your hobbies?
Umm...anime and video games, lol. I've been wanting to teach myself to play guitar, but I never seem to get to it =\

what are you going to school for/want to be when you get out of school?
I went to school for computer science for 3 years, and dropped out because I hated it. I haven't returned to school because I really have no idea what I want to be. I actually kind of enjoy doing retail work, there's just not much money in it =(

what kind of car do you drive (if any?)
'96 Subaru Legacy Wagon. I've put a ****ton of miles on it since I got it and it's still going strong, I love it.

how long have you played smash?
Competitively, about 8 months. I've played casually on and off since 64 came out.

what made you/influenced you to pick up smash?
It's by far the most fun game I've ever played. I used to walk over to my friends house as often as I could to play 64 with him, but about a year after melee came out I stopped playing because of moving to college and not owning my own gamecube. I got in to brawl after a local play'n'trade hosted a tournament which I got last at, and I got mad and decided I didn't want to lose to bad kids anymore so I bought a wii ;)

who do you use besides pikachu?
Tourney-wise I second Falco although I still need to work on him before I use him regularly. Ike's probably my favorite character to play other than pika, but since my region has San, I don't bother using him against anyone good because my Ike is a joke compared to his. In friendlies I use like half the cast, there's a lot of fun characters to play =)

why do i think of the pokemon altaria when i read your name
Because they totally jacked my name to make in to a pokemon, obviously. (...there's actually a pokemon with that name? lol shows how much I know about stuff after the 1st gen)

Why Pikachu?
Because he's fun to play more than anything. And aside from a couple MU's, everything feels quite winnable. Although I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit down on pika after my past couple tourneys =(

Did you Melee?
I did, me and my friends were somewhat serious casual players (if that makes any sense) for the first year or two melee was out. And yeah I already said why I stopped playing up above ;)

Do you miss Pichu?
How can you not miss pichu? He's too retardedly cute and it's always funny seeing someone get spanked by a tiny rat.

Best tourney accomplishment?
Uhh, I think the best I've done is winning 1 match. Being in a region full of pikachus and being one of the least experienced players out there is hard =(

Worst tourney failure?
Against the yoshi player that's ranked 10 on our PR: Game 1, I make a 2 stock comeback to win. Game 2 he counterpicks lylat, I have him at about 50% on his second stock when he gets his first kill, I come back and decide to plank, miss the ledge when the ship tilts and SD at 0%, then lose the game. Game 3, I get a 100% lead in the first half of the game, impale myself on about 500 eggs and lose the last game last stock last hit.

Who is your cell phone provider?
Verizon

If you could have any woman for a day, and have her do anything and everything you say, who would it be and why?
This girl I knew that had a nasty habit of leading guys on for as long as possible before ripping their hearts out (which I was dumb enough to let happen to me as well). I'd like to see her apologize to everyone she hurt.

What do you do outside of Smash?
See hobbies answer! ;)
Oh yeah, and work.

I'll ask five questions.

Why five? Because I can:

1) What's your favorite cereal to eat without milk?
Honey Nut Cheerios. So tasty

2) Is that Shana in your sig? If not, who is it?
Yes it is. I <3 this avatar so much, thanks to sapphire for finding it for me!
edit: dang I can't read, just noticed you said sig. My sig is Nagisa from Clannad.

3) What's the anime you like the least?
Blood+. I read so much hype about this show, and it's not that it didn't live up to the hype, it was straight up BAD. I'm not sure how I even finished, it was so boring. And the end. My god the end. I hope to meet someone that liked that show just so I can tell them all the ways that they're wrong for liking it, lol :p

4) Who's the fastest thing alive?
Your wording puts me in quite a conundrum. I want to say sonic, but I can't really say he's "alive". He's really just pixels =\
So I think I'm gonna have to go with Ussein Bolt (I really hope that's his name...the runner with the world record in the 100m >_> ), even though calling him a "thing" might not be very nice!

5) What kind of Pokemon are you?
lol probably a slowbro. I'm pretty ****ing lazy. I'd say Snorlax but I don't sleep THAT much.

Bonus) How do you do the things you do?
Very sexily.

If you could use Reshuffle on anyone who would it be?
Umm...what's reshuffle? lol tell me what it is and I'll go back and give a real answer!

What are you currently listening to?
Nothing atm, earlier I was listening to touhou remixes while playing pokemon though.

Do you know why Ramon from KoF wears an eye patch? Because I do.
I don't, but since he's got a manly name I'm gonna guess he did something manly like rip his own eyeball out to throw it under a guy's foot in the middle of a fight, making him trip so he could finish him off.

What color is your GC controller?
Black

How is your journey to self improvement going?
Pretty slowly =\ I've been seriously lacking in motivation lately.

If you still lived in San Diego would you come chill with me?
Hell yeah I would

Isn't ice cream with cereal legit?
lolwut...never tried it. You could probably make some interesting combinations though

Are you stoked about the world cup this summer?
I am actually =) Soccer's one of my favorite sports to watch, right below hockey, although soccer is definitely more tv friendly than hockey is.

Should I watch Air instead of Yakkitate?
Yakitate Japan is the funniest anime ever created! I just got done watching it for a second time and it was still amazing, definitely watch it. Unless you want something that'll be over quickly, then I guess Air would be a better choice.

Would you change your name to Nacho Bernal or to Tim Bernstein?
I wouldn't mind being called Nacho. I like it better than my name lol

Are there any bands/artists that you like but you're embarrassed to say you do?
Not really, I have a very eclectic taste in music and I'm not embarrassed by any of it. I even like a Miley Cyrus song or two ;)

How fast can you run a mile?
Uhh, probably like 8 or 9 minutes lol. I'm pretty out of shape.

Serin or Werekill?
Werekill. Lesbians are awesome.

Would you fry some tilapia for me and my Filipino friend?
I could try! I'm not a cook though lol, I only sell the fish ;)

Who should go next?
FZ!

KayLo! said:
Which of the four seasons is your favorite and why?
Summer. Even though I don't go outside much, I still love the warm weather and thunderstorms are awesome.

Why did you choose Pikachu as a main?
Read above! =)

A question for the true Pika: if Pikachu was bottom, garbage, Triforce tier, would you still main him?
Honestly, probably not =(
Part of the reason I chose pika was that he's high enough tier-wise to give me a chance at succeeding. I'd still play him, but not as a tourney main.

Who the **** is that in your avatar?
http://static.playdo.com/1014/that_emma/tabimages/shakugan-no-shana_005.jpg
That girl! She's awesome :D

What's underneath your bed right now?
A big duffel bag, some soda cans, some clothes, and probably a thing or two I really don't want to know what it is o_o

What do you love about the Smash community? What do you hate about it?
I love that no matter how competitive it gets, people are still friends at the end of the day. And great players are always willing to play a few games with new/bad players and give them some tips.

Hmm...I can't really think of anything smash community specific that I dislike, honestly :o There's things I don't like about social interaction in general (talking about people behind their backs, crap like that) but that goes on everywhere.

Did you think my crew's trash talk was too loud at KTAR2?
Not at all. You guys definitely need to come up for a NYS tourney sometime, I can't wait to see all the trash talk that goes on between your crew and the rochester guys XD

What's your stance on MK? Do you think he's banworthy?
It's a really tough call. When I fight against MK I always feel like there's practically nothing I can punish, and he always has more options than me. But that could also just be because when I fight MK, he's being played by someone way better than me. I don't really like banning characters, and I remember at the one HOBO that banned MK, there were like 3 diddy's in the top 5, so it was basically trading one overpowered character for another.

I think if nothing else, the amount that Ally and ADHD have been winning over all the MK's out there swings it toward not banning him.

What's your absolute worst habit?
I drink WAY too much soda. =\

If you somehow managed to get a pet Pikachu, what would you name it?
I never name my pokemon :o I'd just call him pika!

What would be the title of your biography?
"TV and Video Games Really Do Rot Your Brain"

What's your best pickup line for teh womenz?
"Nice shoes, wanna ****?"
lol I'm a super-nerd, I don't have pickup lines!

Besides Smash, do you play any other fighters? (Even though Brawl is technically a party game......... x.x)
I have an interest in BlazBlue although I haven't put much time in to learning it yet. I like the pace of it a lot more than street fighter types.

Three words to describe you. Go!
Honest, lazy, goofy

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Alt, answer the **** zombie question! >=(

Also, I change my vote. After alt, we should do ESAM. Since he's sooooo~ popular and famous right now. =P

altairian

Smash Lord
LOL I totally forgot about it, my bad

Do you have a zombie plan? if so, what it is?
I actually do not have a zombie plan. If a zombie apocalypse happens, I'm just gonna wing it. Probably won't work out too well, but at least I live someplace relatively far from large cities so I should have some warning before zombies come knocking on my door.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Do you think everyone forgot about this place?

If we had a zombie apocalypse, would you open the door for me if I only had moderate proof I wasn't a zombie?

Me or K Prime?

Have you made any progress learning the guitar?

Who is next?

altairian

Smash Lord
Do you think everyone forgot about this place?
Yeah I think the novelty wore off and all the most popular people around here already got their interviews done so now people are over it :o

If we had a zombie apocalypse, would you open the door for me if I only had moderate proof I wasn't a zombie?
Sure! If you turn out to be a zombie I'll just have to kill you hand to hand XD

Me or K Prime?
Prime's the man, sorry Leaf I don't know you that well yet! =(

Have you made any progress learning the guitar?
No sadly, my attention has been split way too many directions, and recently I've realized that I need to cut out even more of those distractions if I ever want to reach the goals I have as a brawl player. I've actually gotten worse in the last couple months =(

Who is next?
My vote is still for FZ!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Alt is now living on a boat with his GF. Besides there are someponies Pikas we never got to interview.

I'd like to see what ESAM has to say.

Leaf -1
ESAM -1

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Leaf wins.

-Why Pikachu?
-Why Pichu?
-Do you consider yourself "good?"
-What if that leaf never landed on you on that fateful day?
-Why are you moving again?
-Why have I not talked to you much before MLP even though we've both been on these boards for ages?
-You have to either drop Pikachu or drop My Little Pony. What do you do?
-If you were a pony, what would your cutie mark be? :B

Now for the serious questions:
-Rainbow Dash is confirmed lesbian. Reaction?
-Would Dash wear a gay pride bracelet?
-Better question. How many gay pride bracelets would Dash wear?
-Which of the mane cast is Dash most likely to be lesbian with?
-Why do lesbians have rainbow hair?
-How many girlfriends do you think Dash has had?
-How many times do you think Gilda and Dash were totally lesbian together?
-If I looked up "lesbian" in the dictionary, would I find a picture of Dash?
-If Dash does a Sonic Rainboom in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, is she still a lesbian?

Will think of more questions later probably.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I win.
Thread dies.

-Why Pikachu?
The thing that first appealed to me was the speed behind the character. I saw a bunch of videos with quick combos happening, then I saw...the Quick Attack. Then, once I learned the tier lists, about MK, and that this character didn't lose HARD to the worst thing in this game, I was sold.

-Why Pichu?
I never asked myself this...I don't really know. It's just something I've stuck with forever, never questioning it. And I like it.

-Do you consider yourself "good?"
I consider myself...at least average. I'm not total trash, but I'm not one to be counted out.
Of course, this is only recent, because I WAS garbage 3 months ago. Now I'm taking a lot of exceptional people and difficult matchups to game 3. :D

-What if that leaf never landed on you on that fateful day?
I have no idea...I may have a different tag, I may not even be here. The motivation off that first tournament was what eventually turned me here.

Or I could just have a different tag.

-Why are you moving again?
The main reason is that I need to get out of my family's house, and the only way for that to happen is roommates, and the only ones I can find are in Houston.
The fact that it's closer to everyone else who plays brawl is just great convenience. :embarrass:

-Why have I not talked to you much before MLP even though we've both been on these boards for ages?
I dunno...I've seen you around, I just don't think we had anything to trigger us talking much before this MLP thing.

-You have to either drop Pikachu or drop My Little Pony. What do you do?
Say that I drop one and keep it covered up that I secretly never dropped anything.

-If you were a pony, what would your cutie mark be? :B
A Keyblade with a thin thunderbolt in the back.

Now for the serious questions:
-Rainbow Dash is confirmed lesbian. Reaction?
:urg:
-Would Dash wear a gay pride bracelet?
Maybe.
-Better question. How many gay pride bracelets would Dash wear?
She needs a cool number. 3
-Which of the mane cast is Dash most likely to be lesbian with?
Nope.
-Why do lesbians have rainbow hair?
Rainbows are freaking awesome.
-How many girlfriends do you think Dash has had?
-How many times do you think Gilda and Dash were totally lesbian together?
NOPE.
-If I looked up "lesbian" in the dictionary, would I find a picture of Dash?
NOPE. Not all of the dictionary entries have pictures, the chances of one specific word having one isn't that great.
-If Dash does a Sonic Rainboom in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, is she still a lesbian?
I wanted to come up with a witty, unrelated response, but all I can do is shake my head in disappointment.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nah, I'll have questions for you, trust me. >=D I thought you'd be busy with WHOBO til after the weekend tho.

Roller

Smash Legend
I will have questions when I'm less inebriated.

...Actually. **** it I'll ask things now.

Why?

Would you rather be hot or cold?

Have you seen the new avril lavigne music video for What The Hell? If not. Watch it now. How many more times do you plan on watching this vid in the next 2 days?

Who is the hottest female celebrity?

What are oranges even doing, anyway?

Why are narwhals so magical?

Should I drink more?

Are dandelions?

If I personified the letter D. Which person would it be?

Who is your favorite person to namesearch bait?

Jamaica?

What are your thoughts on imperial cruisers?

What are your 50 most favorite things about MLP: FiM in order?

Why doesn't Cuba love penguins?

What is the meaning to life?

How much armpit hair do you think is average? Using mice as units of measurement.

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q
QUESTIONS
-ephy decides you'll be the one he'll pay a visit to soon, and he'll stay a few days! what will you do? how will you entertain him?
-your favourite pogeymanz, besides pikachu/pichu? (flareon is a mandatory answer)
-your favourite animals. and plants/flowers. yeah, plants. I know you like them.
-let's say god's existance is proven, and you get to meet him. what will you tell him?
-favourite color!
-your first videogame you ever played?
-and your favourite one as of now? even a top 5 will do.
-kaylo slaps you for no apparent reason! your reaction?
-what leaf does during his free time, besides playing brawl?
-you have three wishes, and they will become reality. what will you wish for?
-your favourite food?
-if you were a RPG character, which class would fit you most?
-kaylo says she's sorry (although that won't ever happen, let's face it) for the previous slap, and invites you to a party with plenty of girls and alcohol! your reaction?
-the weirdest dream you ever had?
-any bad habit you'd like to lose?
-who do you want to ask questions to next?

ANSWER AS SOON AS YOU READ. IT'S AN ORDER.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Mad that every question I could think of has been taken mostly...
Ill come back soon with something ...hmm

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Why?
Why not?

Would you rather be hot or cold?
Warm.

Have you seen the new avril lavigne music video for What The Hell? If not. Watch it now. How many more times do you plan on watching this vid in the next 2 days?

Who is the hottest female celebrity?
Katy Pe-Lady Gaga

What are oranges even doing, anyway?
Being orange.

Why are narwhals so magical?
Because they beat up polar bears.

Should I drink more?
You should talk with me drunk more.

Are dandelions?
When they.

If I personified the letter D. Which person would it be?
Jay Leno.

Who is your favorite person to namesearch bait?
Illmatic best peach or shadow1freej

Jamaica?
Jamaican me crazy with these one and two word questions.

What are your thoughts on imperial cruisers?
They could be more efficient for the enviroment.

What are your 50 most favorite things about MLP: FiM in order?
1: Rainbow Dash
2: No Katy Perry songs
3: Fluttershy going nuts
4: Rainbow Dash
5: The music
6: The remixed music
7: People asking what my tag RDash means, and me explaining it
8: Great trolling opportunities
9: Rainbow Dash
10: The colors

That's all you get for now.

Why doesn't Cuba love penguins?
I dunno.

What is the meaning to life?

How much armpit hair do you think is average? Using mice as units of measurement.
I fell asleep in class the day we learned the inches>mice conversion.

-ephy decides you'll be the one he'll pay a visit to soon, and he'll stay a few days! what will you do? how will you entertain him?
Panic for a while, then refer to the Skype chat to think of what I should do.

-your favourite pogeymanz, besides pikachu/pichu? (flareon is a mandatory answer)
Adorable 5th gen grey thing, Leaf eevee, purple fuzzy bug.

-your favourite animals. and plants/flowers. yeah, plants. I know you like them.
I don't really have a favorite animal. Ferrets are pretty cool, but I'm not really a pet person.
When it comes to plants,

-let's say god's existance is proven, and you get to meet him. what will you tell him?
Wanna money match?
Really though, I'd probably try to be formal about it until dropping it. I don't really have anything that I would say, I'd just kinda stand there and maybe make small talk. Might ask about the things I've done in life.

-favourite color!
"YellowGreen"

-your first videogame you ever played?
Super Mario World.

-and your favourite one as of now? even a top 5 will do.
Pokemon Black/White for new ones, tied between Super Mario RPG:LotSS and aLtTP for old ones. I can't ever make up my mind.

-kaylo slaps you for no apparent reason! your reaction?
An elaborate plan that results in a guilt trip.

-what leaf does during his free time, besides playing brawl?
Watching anime, random otaku stuff like cosplay, trolling irl.

-you have three wishes, and they will become reality. what will you wish for?
My honest, most private wishes stay private.
But money would be nice.

-your favourite food?
Cherries. Not technically a whole meal, but anything with cherries is automatic god tier food.

-if you were a RPG character, which class would fit you most?
The one that can do everything, but nothing at the best level. I could never make up my mind.

-kaylo says she's sorry (although that won't ever happen, let's face it) for the previous slap, and invites you to a party with plenty of girls and alcohol! your reaction?
Alcohol, **** yes.

-the weirdest dream you ever had?
Endless skydive, felt like I was falling forever. From the sky, into a massive hole that went straight through the Earth, and fell out the other side and kept going back into the sky.

-any bad habit you'd like to lose?
Procrastination. Life would probably be 100x easier if I didn't do that.

-who do you want to ask questions to next?
I don't care, vote and I'll go with the crowd.

ANSWER AS SOON AS YOU READ. IT'S AN ORDER.
What are you gonna do if I didn't?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
nah i was kidding, i just randomly popped by to see how you answered questions

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Do you feel as though you improved after WHobo 3?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Do you feel as though you improved after WHobo 3?
Nope.
Not as much as I could have, anyways. Honestly it just feels like it was more of my bad playing being rubbed in my face. Raging from what happened in teams didn't really help at all, that threw the whole weekend off.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My favorite non-SA Texas Smasher. <3

- What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger? Has that changed since you got older?

- How's your new apartment so far?! =D

- What is with that roleplay **** you & Ephy do? It's a little homo, just saying. :glare: :urg:

- Dunno if anybody's asked this yet, but if you could have any superpower, what would it be?

- Goddamn furries.

- What would be your strategy in a game of Survivor with your fellow Pikas as competitors? Who would you vote off first, build alliances with, etc.?

- If you could change one thing about Brawl Pikachu, what would you change?

- If you were guaranteed to completely dominate any one player for the rest of your Brawl career, who would you pick to beat?

- Are there any games you're really good at?

- What's one thing most Pikas would be surprised to know about you?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger? Has that changed since you got older?
My life dream changed every time I saw something new. Astronaut, police officer, fire fighter, everything was so cool. But I never stuck with anything.

- How's your new apartment so far?! =D
Being on my own is so much fun. And the apartment is so nice. The initial hype is still dying down, probably because I only had one normal night there so far (in between staying at parents and staying at our WHOBO place)

- What is with that roleplay **** you & Ephy do? It's a little homo, just saying. :glare: :urg:
We planned it out a long time ago, so that we could freak people out with it.

- Dunno if anybody's asked this yet, but if you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I've always wanted flight, but after thinking about it, the ability to phase through walls would be pretty cool. Make it easier to rob a bank or something.

- Goddamn furries.
That was unnecessary. :c

- What would be your strategy in a game of Survivor with your fellow Pikas as competitors? Who would you vote off first, build alliances with, etc.?
I'd instantly grab the people that are easy to get along with for an alliance(screw the tribe's efficiency, we can keep at least 1 person to carry the team) and then be the spark of all trouble, eliminating the strong ones, until we merge and then I'd try to do the same thing over again.
That's a little high-risk though, the person doing that always gets caught about halfway through, iirc.

- If you could change one thing about Brawl Pikachu, what would you change?
The shield.
Oh god that shield.

- If you were guaranteed to completely dominate any one player for the rest of your Brawl career, who would you pick to beat?
Whoever is top ranked at the time. I'd leave the boards one month until a national, show up, challenge him to a MASSIVE money match, then retire on the spot.

- Are there any games you're really good at?
Platforming games. I've been ridiculously lucky at blindly running through some of them and avoiding everything.

- What's one thing most Pikas would be surprised to know about you?
I'd say, but I don't want everyone to be too surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom