• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Not really sure where to post this, but there are some problems with the colours. Like, if I post something in colour for example, plum. And then use the same colour again it would come up like this.

testing testing testing testing

It's happening to plum, sienna, deepskyblue, magenta
Black, red, yellow, white, blue, orange are fine though

Haven't tried the rest.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Not really sure where to post this, but there are some problems with the colours. Like, if I post something in colour for example, plum. And then use the same colour again it would come up like this.

It's happening to plum, sienna, deepskyblue, magenta
Black, red, yellow, white, blue, orange are fine though

Haven't tried the rest.
try converting to hex values?

[COLOR="#ddaodd"]testing testing testing testing[/COLOR]

and you might wanna try the swf suggestion box

EDIT: oh **** sorry bro @below

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Read the title please!

You don't have to enter the hex values, although it does work. You just have to manually enter every time. By all means, do try to the suggestion box.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
From my experience, sites that allow animated avatars have them all degrade into either women shaking their butt/chest, an infinite zoom, or a DBZ character.

My opinion is that the still avatar on SWF has a lot more class and takes a lot more creativity.

Seeker666

Smash Rookie
The forums on Smash stack and Kitty Corp don't understand what I'm saying, so maybe you guys can help me.
I got Brawl minus and I'm pretty happy with it. But just one thing bothers me. I got some skins for Olimar but because Minus has made him so incredibly small for some reason, I can't enjoy being him. I've been trying to get regular Olimar back without have to get rid of Minus entirely but I just don't know what I'm doing. Is it a MotionEct Pac that I'm not finding that hidden in a different folder or something? Or is it his base FitOlimar.pac thats causeing this problem. I've tried finding other base.pac's but lets face it. No one cares about Olimar.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was a general Questions board about anything. Can't find a delete post option so I guess I'll suggest that while I'm here. I'll take my real question elsewhere.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Can this site tone down the word filters? I understand keeping it pg-13 or w/e the target age is, but filtering words that aren't swears but are common swear typos is too much. It is getting to the point where it is filtering out words that are perfectly acceptable and making standard communication difficult. For example, if I wanted to talk about an anime character whose name is spelled f-u-k-o, I would be unable to mention her name ***o as the first 3 letters are censored.

I am not against the word filter on inappropriate words, but it is going too far to censor words like this. There will always be work around ways to spell the words, which is why there are moderators to give out infractions. To censor words that are not words at all simply gets in the way of people who are trying to carry legitimate conversation. A filter dodger can change their word to a different form, but the person who is making no fault can't.

edit- i might as well give some examples of easy filter work arounds:

There are dozens and dozens of these, and the more you try to stop these work arounds the more you are going to hurt legitimate conversion.

So please, can you go back to censoring the words themselves and using moderators to punish those who abuse work arounds?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I agree with the above post. Censors are easy to dodge if you really want to curse, and that's what mods are there for. Censoring out pseuso-curses can prove annoying in examples such as the one above. If someone says "***" when they mean "****", they should be infracted, but that doesn't mean "***" should be censored.

That said, if you really want to reference that Anime character, Fuko, it's easy to get around the censor and you won't be infracted because you're not using those letters in the explicit sense.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so my sig won't show up. At all. I've looked at all the suggestions all over the board. I set it up last night, and still this evening it won't show. I've looked at both really short posts of mine and long ones. Nothing. I have way more than 25 posts, nor am I a new member. I've gone into "Edit Signature" and saved it umpteen times (even though it never shows on my posts, it's always there when I go in to edit it).

Is it the fact that it's text only? But I've seen other text only sigs around here. Can anyone help?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright, so my sig won't show up. At all. I've looked at all the suggestions all over the board. I set it up last night, and still this evening it won't show. I've looked at both really short posts of mine and long ones. Nothing. I have way more than 25 posts, nor am I a new member. I've gone into "Edit Signature" and saved it umpteen times (even though it never shows on my posts, it's always there when I go in to edit it).

Is it the fact that it's text only? But I've seen other text only sigs around here. Can anyone help?
Are you able to see other memeber's signitures when they post? Do you have the 'Show your signiture' box checked? It's right below the message box.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Are you able to see other memeber's signitures when they post? Do you have the 'Show your signiture' box checked? It's right below the message box.
Yes, I have that box checked, and yes I can see other people's signatures (including yours).

EDIT: This is now the first post where I can see my sig. But how come it's still not showing up on my other posts? Do I have to quote people for it to show up or something? =/

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Your posts must not have been long enough.

When you quote someone, your sig will automatically show regardless of how much you type unless you uncheck the box, but your sig should still show without having to quote someone if your post is long enough.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Your posts must not have been long enough.

When you quote someone, your sig will automatically show regardless of how much you type unless you uncheck the box.
How long do they have to be exactly? Is there a certain character amount? (Also, I checked one uber long post of mine--it was the OP of a thread--and still no sig.)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not sure if there is an exact character amount, but a paragraph or two usually does it.

As for why your sig isn't showing in the previous OP is likely because you made the thread before you established your signiture.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
There is a post length requirement. make sure you are posting a lot of stuff. for example, even if i check my check box here, my sig won't show up.

edit- late to the party.

ndayday

BRoomer
The sig is supposed to show when the post meets or exceeds the dimensions of the sig itself. Or at least that's what I remember. Also certain areas of the boards do not display sigs, like dGames iirc.

My sig should be showing.
I think.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I have a suggestion. End April Fool's Day early. This is not funny. It's scary...
Every time I load a page, there's that... THING staring me in the face. And the song... It's worse than the sound of one thousand MKs spamming Nado.
Please, MAKE IT STOP!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I LOVE THIS!!! Could we have this added as a forum skin that's only available on Fridays? I would use this every week LOL.
Please consider this.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Why do you guys pull a ****ty april fools prank that is indeed terrible and its now April 2nd here and its still going? A real aprils fools joke is when you actually get someone with something like the secret legendary ending in Halo reach, the fake nintendo vc releases but this is just screwing withm peoples plans for tourneys and meets and people cant read posts properly.

Do you think this is good? do you think you got anyone? this is just stupid.
Fail world forums fwf. Cant believe I bought a pemium membership for this crap.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why do you guys pull a ****ty april fools prank that is indeed terrible and its now April 2nd here and its still going? A real aprils fools joke is when you actually get someone with something like the secret legendary ending in Halo reach, the fake nintendo vc releases but this is just screwing withm peoples plans for tourneys and meets and people cant read posts properly.

Amen, brother.

But in all seriousness this skin is giving me a headache. Why orange/yellow, and unable-to-be-changed-back? D:

ndayday

BRoomer

Not really a question or suggestion. Consider this: the world doesn't revolve around your timezone.
April Fools here, or at least as long as I've been here, has never really been about "getting people." It's supposed to be fun.

inb4 april fools.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Actually that was a minute after Nday ;)

April fools is over so SWF returns!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
When there is a new post in a thread, the title will show in bold letters. After you view the unread posts the title will unbold. It's just a way of showing you where there are new posts.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I have two questions

1. Who is the moderator I speak to for name changes/ checking if accounts are still present in SWF

2. Where do I go to fill out w.e I need to to become a premium member

Thanks in advance guys

ndayday

BRoomer
Well, you need a Premium membership to do what you mentioned in #1. You would normally PM Virgillijus for Premium related things, but do not bother if you don't have it.

Unfortunately , Premium is under maintenance right now with no ETA.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So if you want to buy more premium I heard there was an alternative payment method to do so. Is it true?

And so I think my premium runs out this month but I want to renew. If it runs out is it extended until I can pay for more or is it like I run out and now I have to wait till premium starts up again?

EDIT:

And apparently for the April Fool's prank some phrases were changed when you typed something in and I never noticed. Anybody mind telling me what would change to what?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Is there a way to turn off Live Topic? My laptop likes to decide that its a good idea to post every single post in the entire thread beneath the latest post, and it has never done this until Live Topic was introduced. It also blames Live topic for doing this and takes all the actual pages posts off the page as it says it has passed the pages post limit, and forces me to try and speed read the posts before they all diasappear

Top Bottom