• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

johnfive

Smash Rookie
how or who do i get the best advise on how to find all the real life players in my area that want to play smash 64 anytime and all the time? please help im new to smashboards but im more smash64 then anyone in the world.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
how or who do i get the best advise on how to find all the real life players in my area that want to play smash 64 anytime and all the time? please help im new to smashboards but im more smash64 then anyone in the world.
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but this is a player compendium for Smash 64 players. Check here for people in your area:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238744

This is the Smash 64 Q&A. If you have any more questions regarding the SSB64 community, it would be best to ask here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237869

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Could we add an agreement form displaying the basic rules and regulations (in addtion to the Global Rules) to the registration field? Review of this being confirmed by a checkbox reading "I agree to the terms listed above" or something of that nature. That, followed by an immediate link to the SIC, would be really helpful to new members who don't know their way around the boards, or lack direct judgement around a new forum. I ask this because a increase of threads created by new members, which is quite frequently a question of some sort.

Thanks in advance for any consideration taken toward this.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Flaco:
Crimson King said:
For all posters who regularly visit this room, it has been decided that this room is no longer the best way to integrate new users into the SWF community. Simply put, the room is instilling and creating a mentality for spam, which is something we want to avoid.

We really want to put our best foot forward, so to replace this room, we are currently working on a welcome package that would introduce a new room that featuring FAQs, Video tutorials, a Q&A section, and just really does a much better job of showing new users how to be an asset to our great community.

@Zatch

I ask this because a increase of threads created by new members, which is quite frequently a question of some sort.

i dont know what this means. Though I putting regular guidelines and rules might be something to consider.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
i dont know what this means. Though I putting regular guidelines and rules might be something to consider.
[/COLOR]
A lot of new forum members normally make a new thread to ask a question. I hope I'm not asking for anything too drastic, but at least a hyperlink to the SIC for any immediate help or questions would be really good to consider upon completion of SWF Registration.

ThorDaGod

Smash Rookie
Where can I find a bracket maker for tournaments in this forum? I need it on the go for some tournaments to be hosted correctly.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im getting ready to make a thread in a character specific forum, you can probably guess which one, but Im considering using video tutorials as well, if I asked a mod or something would they be able to embed youtube videos into the OP, or is that something they normally wouldnt/shouldnt do?
IMO make it so you can see what's inside spoiler tags on a phone
In order to view what is under a spoiler tag you simply have to highlight so that you can see it. Most touch phones have an option that enables you to highlight or select text.

otherwise just think of it as a limitation of your particular device.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Im getting ready to make a thread in a character specific forum, you can probably guess which one, but Im considering using video tutorials as well, if I asked a mod or something would they be able to embed youtube videos into the OP, or is that something they normally wouldnt/shouldnt do?
While it is possible, the only way that would work is if a moderator had ownership of the thread, which would mean you wouldn't be able to edit it.

Could we add an agreement form displaying the basic rules and regulations (in addtion to the Global Rules) to the registration field? Review of this being confirmed by a checkbox reading "I agree to the terms listed above" or something of that nature. That, followed by an immediate link to the SIC, would be really helpful to new members who don't know their way around the boards, or lack direct judgement around a new forum. I ask this because a increase of threads created by new members, which is quite frequently a question of some sort.
Hm, not a bad idea. I'll bring that up and see if we can get that implemented.

flaco

The Terminator
in the bottom that says view forum leaders right, Does the welcoming committee have any special right like mod or whats up?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
They are pseudo-mods of the SIC. They can do everything but infract in this room.

BuntyBant

Smash Rookie
Can we talk about alchohol consumption in the forums. Me and my friend have a tournement drinking type idea. Only legal drinking age is allowed of course.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If a mod is breaking rules, go to Forum Support.
Please don't abuse it though, be civil and bring up your problem and it will most likely be dealt with.

ndayday

BRoomer
We did have one but people abused it.

It's been asked since and it's a no.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What are the Admins intent on getting through by their downing of usergroup colors IBWC and Developers? Are they going to remove any others? Will the already removed colors have hopes of being replaced?

ndayday

BRoomer
Well I'm sure you read the announcement, so I'm not going to parrot that.

Maybe an admin will pop in.
Mic_128
Steel
Xiivi

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
This is what I know of usergroups. A user group's primary function is to permit a group to have access to a specific room. As far as the IBWC goes, we don't have a specific room just for the IBWC, the color was just used to distinguish us from other members. With the addition of post bit icons, the use of user colors was no longer needed to distinguish us from everyone else. As for developers, I thought they had specific access to a room, but I'm not entirely sure.

As far as I'm aware there are no plans to get rid of any other user groups.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This is what I know of usergroups. A user group's primary function is to permit a group to have access to a specific room. As far as the IBWC goes, we don't have a specific room just for the IBWC, the color was just used to distinguish us from other members. With the addition of post bit icons, the use of user colors was no longer needed to distinguish us from everyone else. As for developers, I thought they had specific access to a room, but I'm not entirely sure.

As far as I'm aware there are no plans to get rid of any other user groups.
Yeah, Developers have specific access to the "Developer Depot" room.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Ah, just curious what did they do to abuse it. Just wondering.
Giving rep to those who don't deserve it. Likewise, negative rep.

You could also leave comments on a user's post, and they got too spammy and out-of-hand, and the comments themselves were difficult for the mods to deal with.

Stuff like that.

ndayday

BRoomer
Of course you are, however, I doubt that they would even consider bringing them back now that they just got rid of them. Also, it seems like SWF is moving away from special username colors (like Jungle said and Mic confirmed), and so...well, that doesn't leave much of a chance.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That would make the boards look really really dull. We need the user colors back. They mark accomplishments significantly more than postbits. Not that postbits should be gone, however.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No, we really don't "need" them back. Users aren't entitled to usergroups, nor are they entitled to postbits. Usergroups function is to give them special permissions in a room. They are not meant to be used for "recognition" or an award, that's what, well, awards and post bits are for. You are just too used to the status quo where we couldn't edit the postbits because we didn't have the permissions to do so. Less colors makes the boards look cleaner, and less clusterwhathedeucedoallthesecolorsmean.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Ah, just curious what did they do to abuse it. Just wondering.
Giving rep to those who don't deserve it. Likewise, negative rep.
Specifically a group were constantly +repping each other and then with their big rep, mega -repping people.

You could also leave comments on a user's post, and they got too spammy and out-of-hand, and the comments themselves were difficult for the mods to deal with.
They were impossible to deal with as they were done anonymously, and people were signing their rep messages with other people's names. (Ie "Jungle, you suck! ~Matt")

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can someone tell me what the actual requirements for IBWC are?

I know I'm not gonna be one (who would choose me for anything in the first place anyways?) so I don't care asking and I never actually saw a list of requirements for that

ndayday

BRoomer
In general we're supposed to be approachable, nice, etc.
In fact early on they said (I wasn't a part of the IBWC at the time) that mods shouldn't be a part of it because they are sometimes too intimidating with their bold red names and what not. Obviously changed, though.

There's really no set list since Heartz basically chose us and had us approved (so obviously no ridiculous infraction history, etc...)

On that note I LOVE YOU ALL.

Top Bottom