• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
A quick queston. For stuff3's Baby Bowser Boss Battle stage, what .rel do you need for this stage to work on a custom stage? I used the Final destination to custom rel but it ended in a freeze. Which was odd cause it says it was built on FD.
I did that and it worked.

Strange, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. :/

I'm trying to make a Tabuu themed stage with Tabuu moving around in the background, floating. That's easy enough, but what I'm having trouble with is the stage environment I want to put him in. I managed to load the stage, FD's re-textured background (The corrupted one Ive got in the Brawlvault) and a swirling blackhole type thing I found in the SSE.

All of those load fine, but when I try to load the Shadow Bug stage's background
as well (in addition to the two), it freezes on me. I suspect its a file-size issue, but Ive seen the stuff Mewtwo2000 and Lensho post, and I MUST be doing something wrong.

A little help? :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?qwmq7rq1tconsaz

Also, I dont care for the shadow bug stage's platform, only the background, so if anyone knows how to either delete or make it invisible, I'd greatly appreciate it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Awesome, now all we need is for an all new, original Bowser's Castle stage, with lava, minions, lightning outside windows, Bowser statues, a throne, and ALL the trimmings. :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm trying to make a Tabuu themed stage with Tabuu moving around in the background, floating. That's easy enough, but what I'm having trouble with is the stage environment I want to put him in. I managed to load the stage, FD's re-textured background (The corrupted one Ive got in the Brawlvault) and a swirling blackhole type thing I found in the SSE.

All of those load fine, but when I try to load the Shadow Bug stage's background
as well (in addition to the two), it freezes on me. I suspect its a file-size issue, but Ive seen the stuff Mewtwo2000 and Lensho post, and I MUST be doing something wrong.

A little help? :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?qwmq7rq1tconsaz

Also, I dont care for the shadow bug stage's platform, only the background, so if anyone knows how to either delete or make it invisible, I'd greatly appreciate it.
For Shadow Bug stages (and any subspace themed stage in general) to work right, you need to put in the right effect.pac.
Look in the Brawl disc for ef_AdvDimension.pac or something similarly named and use that effect.pac.

Also, you need to get the SceneData from one of the Shadow Bug stages.

Do these things and try again.

Find the bone that controls the Shadow Bug Platform and scale it to 0 in the first frame of the animation.

For Shadow Bug stages (and any subspace themed stage in general) to work right, you need to put in the right effect.pac.
Look in the Brawl disc for ef_AdvDimension.pac or something similarly named and use that effect.pac.

Also, you need to get the SceneData from one of the Shadow Bug stages.

Do these things and try again.

Find the bone that controls the Shadow Bug Platform and scale it to 0 in the first frame of the animation.
I'll try this as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for the quick response.

EDIT: Yeah, nothing I do works. Even porting it to other stages and using 75m was no go.

Namamazu

Smash Rookie
so on this map i got from the brawl vault called "hyrule field" by havac and i think its a SSE map but anyhow the pokemon trainer has this issue where the pokemon will spawn but cant move unless struck first, i think ive seen this on other maps and wanted to know if there is a fix for this.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sure, just move the spawn points (stgposition, in modeldata100) so they're spawning in the ground, and not the air. If the pokemon are having this problem, the normal characters should not be performing their entry either, and that's something that should be fixed.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Erm... First try only using the part that makes it freeze. If doesn't freeze, then the problem is using all of them together. If freezes, then it could be something related to textures or something similar. If it's that SSE background, it can't be a lack of the TShadow1 texture, cause it doesn't use it. Maybe the background tries to use some palleted texture and there's no texture like that in all the stage... Or something like that...

Keep trying, or send me the stage if you want me to try to figure it out.

SpectreXS

Smash Cadet
hahaha br3, I usually lurk in this thread, checking the awesome work of all you guys... my brawl has like, a lot of custom stages, and I make SSP's, icons etc for all of them

I saw you on 1upsmash... but I don't see you at the msn group chat :/

br3compactor

Smash Ace
hahaha br3, I usually lurk in this thread, checking the awesome work of all you guys... my brawl has like, a lot of custom stages, and I make SSP's, icons etc for all of them

I saw you on 1upsmash... but I don't see you at the msn group chat :/
Wait, is there one?

lol

Taidow

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if there is any custom stage texture hack with either of these?

Lake

Swamp

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Those stages? I tried the swamp one a long time ago and I think the game froze.....

Edit: OF course it WAS 2009 when stage imports from SSE were groundbreaking.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Norfair has a more 'controlable' lava than Brinstar's Acid. Also, Brinstar has those annoying collisions...

Right now, the stage works over both Brinstar and Norfair, being Norfair the one in the video. I'll try to get rid of the collisions for Brinstar. In the worst case, I can make the acid to rise only a little, so the collisions are all under the stage.

About using Brinstar's Acid instead of Norfair's Lava for Norfair... I've not tried it, but I guess the burning collisions need some bones that Brinstar's Acid doesn't have. Will try it anyway.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Not really. I mean, I'm sure it's STDT related, at least in norfair's case (I tried 2 different STDT files and the lava was different in each case). But that's not what I meant. Norfair's lava is 'attached' to the lava model, and you get hurt depending on where the lava model is. And, if you edit the animation for that lava, you are editing the lava itself. The main movement is set by the stage, or the STDT, but if you make your own animation for the lava, you can 'expand' or 'change' the range of where the lava is. So, without any modification to the STDT file, I'm able to rise the lava if I need it. If I'm having some trouble having the stage at Y=0, I could move the entire stage to a higher Y value, and edit the lava animation so the lava is higher too. And that isn't possible with Brinstar.

If I'm not wrong (I may be wrong), Brinstar is different. The lava model moves, but the hurtbox is always the same, independent to that model. If you edit, or quit the model, the lava will be acting the same. So, you can't edit the lava itself. Also, there are those annoying collisions, and I'm pretty sure their positions aren't in the STDT, but in the rel file. And I'm not gonna edit that one.

Anyway, I have some thingies to test yet to be sure about all this.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
...holy ****

that is a great find, m22k!

Do you know about anything having to do with the lava "pillars" on norfair? I need to remove those. They don't have any model...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
To deal with the pillars, if you have trouble...

Why not just move everything over, so they have no impact on the stage?

Or take the hitboxes in the module, remove the fire effect, the damage, the knockback, and make them non-flinching.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I've succeeded avoiding the undesired lava effects by moving up the stage, as Supreme Dirt says. They just don't work when at certain heights, that's why moving the base lava is interesting. I noticed this with Crisis City, where some lava effects were failing the characters. The stage itself is too high, and I've moved it down. By doing this, I noticed some unexpected burns, but I've just realised today that they're those lava 'pillars', which are in the effect file, and are not visible (I guess) when used from another stage different to Norfair. And that was the problem I was having with Zebes too.

So, move up the entire stage, and the lava pillars will not get you anymore.

New Zebes video without unexpected burns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3uLTAsL4c

Mewtwo_2000, are you going to give me a hand with my custom stage, or am I on my own with that?
I completely forgot, of course I'm gonna help you, sorry ^^U

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Whoa! That looks awesome. It's like you just imported the stage from SSB! By the way, when are you going to release Gruntilda's Lair and continue working on Fountain of Dreams' background stuff?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom