• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Soup, I agree that he's playing like he did in Pizza, yeah. I agree that it's bog-standard Ryker and null.

WL, I'm sure you're not saying that nobody can tell the difference between heads in AM.
Unvote Vote Ruy

In all fairness, a lot of posts he makes on that account get attributed to me. Same thing happened with Swiss on Radical Fiction. People like to give me too much credit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have seen Ryker as townie in RG. In BIM4 I was like WTF RYKER I was ready to shoot but he was da bomb lols. I like his play here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Better idea: Why do people think you're scum, Red Ruy?
I really don't know.

Is it because I think Ryker is scum for reasons people find to be null?

Unvote Vote Axel

You're funny. Do you really dislike me that much?
You as a person, no I actually like you. The way your trolling J/Zen, yes.

Ok, as a clarification or correction. Votes pretty much are going to = cases. If someone has a vote on someone thats analogous to me that they have a case at the very least thought up, possibly not presented. Lack of case/reasoning for the vote essentially means they don't think they're scummy, but they're still voting => they're scum. At the very least, thats how i think it. If anyone wants to correct my line of thought or offer a better approach, go ahead.

Anyways, back to my reads:

Axe (now J)l
cases:
Gordito - asked Gheb/Ryker/EE/WL if he should put Axel at L-1(#56)
Myself - fake contribution when asking about whether or not they were a hydra and also for joining the wagon. also for asking Circus "do you got anything to ask me?" says it is a scumslip(#142 and #145)

-not much honestly, after rereading all his posts there werent really any that i liked that much. oh he showed some interest in the person he had his vote on even after the vote. essentially displaying that they are somewhat skeptical of their vote. everyone SHOULD be skeptical unless they know for sure someone is aligned one way or another. since its Day 1, the only people that know that are scum.
-activity

dislikes:
-his play so far seems survivalistic. both cases he's done has been scum because of something related to himself
-cases have been short lived.

overall read: null/leaning scum

I know J is a very intelligent player so i sorta expect more from his cases. Theres been 300 posts since his last vote, and even with that vote there was some disagreement between the two hydra heads. I hope to see some better play coming soon and more stances since there shouldnt be any disagreements going on internally (-1 head).

@J: who do you think is the play of the day? who do you have the weakest read on? ask them some questions and then update your read.
Ehhh this and the other posts like this he made are making me not so much support him for a lynch. He's more so supporting as to why he thinks J is scum at this point in a way that I actually can understand a bit better.

He's showing a lot more effort to contributing to town and while I found his flip flop nature to be a problem it's things like this that make me doubt a scum read on him.

@RR: What is the order for your scumpicks?
From most want to be lynched to least, Ryker, Soup, Choice, however I am having second thoughts on Choice recently. Shinarouji would take his place then.

I'm not liking his recent posts and how he's playing off a, "I hate you all facepalm" and yet I'm not seeing too much from him. It looks like Wave in Disco mafia.

Because the number of players who do not currently fall under the categories of "expendable" or "scummy" or both is just low right now.

I started leaning toward J over Choice for a minute, but now Choice is overcompensating with some fluff to try to look more pro-town and it's grossing me out again.

I have no attachment to Shin, Gord, Ryu or Ghandi yet either, so they can go whenever.

Washed white knighting Ryker earlier but also considering him scummy is kind of weirding me out but I don't know exactly what I think of it yet. Might play around with it tomorrow.

/thoughtvomit
I'm not sure I would consider his overview of players to be fluff so much. Other posts sure but I'm liking his overview of Ran and J.

This post from you, I like. It's more open and honest or at least feels that way to me.

Also now that the thread's cooled down a bit, I'll answer your question, RR.

Or, well, maybe I'll ask you one first. What do you mean about Fire & Icecapacitation? Like, I honestly don't know what you're driving at, other than that we both played in that game.

I sighed because the first post was bad. Full lists of reads are ****ing ******** and add nothing. You should only be offering reads with some kind of purpose, but you kind of came in and vomited up your whole hand. And it doesn't look entirely sincere. Hell the most sincere thing about the post is that your biggest scumread is someone approaching the game differently than you, which I think is a town thing for you, awful though it is to deal with.

Kind of like this, but it's the same observation I ended up making, except fallen prey to drastic oversimplification.

Real talk, can you even read? Like, Ryker was clearly just keeping the Axel vote going for the hell of it, considering right under the repeating portion of every recent post, Ryker has posted comments about other goings-on within the game.

One who was prone to reading posts in their entirety and not charging headfirst into the posters of them in an attempt to impale said posters with one's dunce cap might just assume that this is intended to be taken as the meat of the post.

Maybe. Y'know. They might. They might do that.

(this is where I started sighing by the way)

By the way you don't know what a strawman is, please don't use terms unless you understand their definitions.

Anyway I don't want to hijack the thread with this so hopefully that answered your question. In a nutshell I thought your first post was bad, but also bad in an "RR kind of way", so I sighed, knowing it would start unproductive arguments and also that at some point I'll need to take an important stance on your alignment. I then sighed at the ensuing arguments which were as "asdghagadshghafgfgwarblblarg" as I was expecting.

Ok so you have me in a playstyle, however I am not going to agree with you on Ryker.

It's one thing for him to post his comments on the game under, however I'm not finding that suggests he is doing something with it. Like I'll call out meta, but I feel more from Ryker in other games even when he is in a hydra, I'm not getting it here in this game.

And him keeping his vote their cause he felt like it is a BS reason, and you know it.

I consider fake refutation a strawman, take it as you will.

Oh looks like I've found another question!

I've decided RR needs his own classification. "What's you read on X, guy?" I think he's RR.

Really, though. I'm gonna need a bigger boat much longer paper trail and an *** full of horseshoes before I can read Red Ryu. Everything he says rubs me the wrong way. He focuses on weird things, he applies terms completely incorrectly and pressures people for wonky reasons. It's just too early, man. I'm reading RR.

So like, dumbnull. If you need a decision, leaning town. Maybe. GHghhgf. Freaking RR man.
*Sigh*

I can live with this I guess. Since more or less you have nailed things about how I play mafia.

sudden activity on sunday, responding to stuff.

I understand that, but it helps me understand a little better or help my read, so far, i feel choice is scummy in itself, and the back-lash on me and gheb saying that we are acting in motions is faultry and looks like he's desperate, however, re-reading and thinking about it, i'm leaning town with choice now, just because i don't think he is a true threat and if means come to the end we can lynch him later, and also i feel he is trying to understand the situation, not just grasp it as nothing.

#360 is an example of that, he's just a butterfly, scum or not, let him float around until we decide we're done with him.

good point on #350, WL, but see above.

It did suck, choice was(is) scummy as hell but i just was thinking in my head something didn't add up, so i tried using meta to understand better.

@Choice listen to Wl's #362,#365 also, besides gheb, what are your other reads, don't give me obvious **** either, if you say "lol gheb scum and so is gordito derp herp" i'm gonna lynch your ***.

unvote

How do you feel about ranmaru? you say his questions are 'legit', but does that mean you agree with them?

circus still town for me from #375.

*insert J buddying post here*

I like your read-
>ranmaru

he's town, but he makes me frown.

EE idk about him i'm gonna have to see his huge post and decide if it's town.

i'll have to think about gordo for now, i have him as town.

RR your #389 is sad, and makes me sad.

detail=/= concise. Ryker is concise with what he says, he doesn't like to spoonfeed people, afaik. Null on ryker, like it should be.

basically.

@RR look at the two above, CONCISE.

i've been over this, now you're just being stupid and a parrot.

Vote: Red Ryu

**** the police, and **** RR, Ryker's #408 makes him town.

*holds hand*

aw **** ***** ****ing 5 star post.jpg

>have ryker as scum for tunnelling
>tunnell ryker

LOL

I've been somewhat skimming RR, i admit, but i think the main point is the above, i know RR is just gonna yell at everyone who calls him scum, so i didn't bother with it.

agree with your #427, circus, you're pretty cool yourself. :cool:

hi shin, bye shin. you're on my official don't care about you for now.

dead yo, also, protip i don't care if you buddy me because i'm holding your hand now, however, i could let go at any second.

you seemed to like ran when he was grilling me, how come when someone attacks you all of the sudden hate them, can't you try reasoning with them instead of pulling a ranmaru and going "WHYD YOU DO THIS EXPLAIN."

@ Ran's #471 bro, that was just to start the game, don't worry about it.

k i'll respond to EE and other stuff later this is good for now.

Town -
Ryker
WL
Axel
Gheb
Circus
Ranmaru

Null -
Choice (lean town)
Shin
gordo
Afro Gahndi
EE

Scum -
Red Ruy
Point out my parrot with a quote.

Concise is not what I would consider Ryker's posts, Gheb's normal posting style is what I would consider concise, I can't say the same for how Ryker has been posting this game.

You can also stop pretending you know my meta with the yelling at everyone point.

Hey RR, thoughts?
I'm not disliking Choice as much as before with his recent posts.

Evil Eye feels better so I can put him closer to town now.

I dislike Shinarouji now, I hate it the same way where people try to act this tough guy I know who is stupid attitude and try to pass it off as scum hunting. I want to see more good posts from him.

When Gord and J catch up I want to see what they think of somethings, like Gord answering my question before and what J thinks of Evil Eyes analysis of his early play and Choices look at him.

RR viewing for a long time and still no post. Good with my vote on him. Cat got your tongue? I'll re-consider this if you were making a catch up post or something, but meh. You should be able to post quick thoughts at least. Not helpful at all.
More or less.

Hee hee RR just went invisible. ;o Checked his pro too. *stalker*
I'm not invisible.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh, I thought maybe I'd have something to respond to in all that.

EE, obviously you've been here for ages and are a big player, but I'm trying to figure out where your history with everyone seems to come from, since you're dropping meta on J and Ryu that I wouldn't have expected. Am I right in thinking DRoom? And your history with Ryker comes from where?

Choice, do you think the wagon against you is properly substantiated? Is it something you feel you can defend against? If so, have you?
Legion of Doom is where he learned me a bit.

That and I believe he watched me play Upick1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Shina's attitude is not a scum tell.

Expand on how ee feels better for you.

Soup because?

Ryker's legit. I don't know what you're thinking.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
On the invisibility, I saw you go offline then for a few minutes only to come back. But I guess you were busy. (I went offline to check if it says OFFLINE or not lol)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
RR said:
Point out my parrot with a quote.

Concise is not what I would consider Ryker's posts, Gheb's normal posting style is what I would consider concise, I can't say the same for how Ryker has been posting this game.

You can also stop pretending you know my meta with the yelling at everyone point.
I did, look in the quote, the only push i've seen from you is ryker and then throw in choice and who the **** else and bam your scumpicks.

ryker's saying what he wants to say, not flooding the thread with nonsense.

it's not meta, it's observation, i skimmed half of your posts and they contain caps lock alot among a bunch "no u" rebbutals.

#HBC | ѕoup

well, not really caps lock, but alot of no u, I GUESS I WAS IN A CAPS LOCK MOOD.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Shina's attitude is not a scum tell.

Expand on how ee feels better for you.

Soup because?

Ryker's legit. I don't know what you're thinking.
Well Shina is not helping with that, I'm reading 15 posts from him and many are limited or are just, "rage person is stupid" I don't consider a post dedicated to a one liner calling someone dumb to be content.

Evil Eye His 502 along with his answer to my question made me feel a lot better about him. It's more than Shina has offered and he is putting something out there

Soup's fishing early hasn't changed much to help even with his recent play. I feel like he is looking for something and not so much on the scum side either. Like he has something else he is searching for.

I don't think Ryker is legit this game.

~

I did, look in the quote, the only push i've seen from you is ryker and then throw in choice and who the **** else and bam your scumpicks.

ryker's saying what he wants to say, not flooding the thread with nonsense.

it's not meta, it's observation, i skimmed half of your posts and they contain caps lock alot among a bunch "no u" rebbutals.
Me saying Ryker has no content is a parrot? Someone else said this? Where and who? Quote it.

~

Gordito - What is different between Ranmaru and Soupa to how you listed one as town but didn't do such for the other?

Shinarouji - What do you think of Soup and Ranmaru in contrast with each other?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unvote Vote Ruy

@RR - How would you react if I told you I'm currently playing in 5 games through a strange series of events? I'm in this game, I'm in Hard Lemonade in RoMK, I'm in Aggressive Mediation in Melee Tournament, I'm in a game on AiB that I'm currently despising, and I'm in a 40 man ******* modded Pick Your Poison on another website that a friend of mine begged me to play. I normally cap myself at three games.

Unvote Vote J

#HBC | ѕoup

y'know just caught this rr but:

Town:
Axel
Gheb
Ranmaru
Circus
Washed Laundry

Scum:
Choice
Ryker
Soupamario

Undecided:
AfroGandhi
Evil Eye
Shinarouji
Gordito
how come you have ryker as scum but WL as town? they both were advocating an Axel lynch at the time, same goes with having gheb town, you say you don't agree or didn't like the tunnel on Axel at the time, but gheb was the first to start it, what really decided your town read on him?

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup's fishing early hasn't changed much to help even with his recent play. I feel like he is looking for something and not so much on the scum side either. Like he has something else he is searching for.
and you're curious of what i'm looking for? i'm looking for treasure, follow me in my quest.

seriously, tell me why you think i'm scum besides rolefishing, which i only did once for your information, and it was justified due to the situation, people saying i was rolefishing on gheb was and is, ********.

Me saying Ryker has no content is a parrot? Someone else said this? Where and who? Quote it.
dood, you said ryker is scum in literally every post you've had.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@RR:

Shina shouldn't be scummy for that then, he should be null for limited content.

You say you like EE because he put things out there, but so has Soup. Can your read on soup change because of this? Also, explain how Soup was rolefishing.

Yeah, I'm not on with you on that.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
/catching up currently.

Did a full read, I hate the ******* policy lynch and the fact Ryker, Gheb, and Washed Laundry were fine with Aexl's hammer on the basis of a strawman and literally Gheb saying he thinks they are a detriment to town. There was literally no good basis for the wagon, people were hoping on for what reason I have no clue. Only Gheb gave a reason, I got one for the rest of your guys.

Tell me why you all were on this wagon? What were your reasons of why you were fine with Axel being dead?

Evil Eye even jumps on this bull****.

Looks like Ryker is still continuing this stuff, he's an idea, drop the Super Hero mafia vendetta.

Vote: Ryker

Stop derping.

Town:
Axel
Gheb
Ranmaru
Circus
Washed Laundry

Scum:
Choice
Ryker
Soupamario

Undecided:
AfroGandhi
Evil Eye
Shinarouji
Gordito

~

Choices's responses make me dislike his play since he asks Axel to defend himself them turns a 180 without unvoting.

Ryker is derping with tunnel vision, wanting to lynch someone because of another mafia game.

Soupa is mad fishing people for roles and it's bugging the hell out of me.
Stop basing your votes on morals. Yes that "scum read" on Ryker, is entirely based around morals. And him wanting to lynch a hydra with Zen and J branches so much farther than just a vendetta. It's to lynch... a HYDRA... of ZEN and J. Why would scum be out to just do that? They have better things to do.

Choice

Smash Champion
i think you need to get rid of the mindset that scumhunting = town for everyone, you need to start looking at what they are scumhunting, and why.

do you agree that they are helping town, basically, i mean, think about it, what have you REALLY gotten from ranmaru's consistent questioning?

and choice, don't be like that, there's a difference between being concise (see ryker) and being all over (see ranmaru), just post what you think you need to post, you don't have to respond to everything, or give your opnion on everything, focus on what YOU think is a scumtell, then go from there.

there's my moment of spoonfeeding.
ok, that makes sense.

i can't say i agree with all of it. some of his questions seem to indicate that he hasnt entirely read things since sometimes the answer has already been presented. he might be seeking for clarification, but unless he implies an answer more specific than what has been offered already is what he wants, it comes off as ignoring one's posts. an example of this would be some of his questions at soup at the start of him having suspicions about him.

besides that, i think his questions have been helpful since they intend to build on or destroy assertions the person being questioned has made already. i guess essentially forcing them to think about what they say and be certain about it.

i guess i've been able to better understand people's stances from this and provides me posts to get reads from.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unvote Vote Ruy

@RR - How would you react if I told you I'm currently playing in 5 games through a strange series of events? I'm in this game, I'm in Hard Lemonade in RoMK, I'm in Aggressive Mediation in Melee Tournament, I'm in a game on AiB that I'm currently despising, and I'm in a 40 man ******* modded Pick Your Poison on another website that a friend of mine begged me to play. I normally cap myself at three games.

Unvote Vote J
I would understand it a bit better then.

However, is there a good reason to be doing the vote person X with a pic over and over? And why at J/Axel? I feel as though this is just trolling them.

y'know just caught this rr but:

how come you have ryker as scum but WL as town? they both were advocating an Axel lynch at the time, same goes with having gheb town, you say you don't agree or didn't like the tunnel on Axel at the time, but gheb was the first to start it, what really decided your town read on him?
You admitting to skimming my posts so it's no wonder you have no clue.

WL, your posting content and have been working on talking with Axel, Gheb defined why he wants the lynch even if I disagree with his premise.

Ryker has yet to provide such other than, "I don't like them" which is complete BS.
Unvote
Vote: Soupamario

I'm calling BS as your reasoning of why you skimmed my posts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lolwat? Skimming isn't a scum tell. It can be a scum tactic. Try harder tho.

Choice

Smash Champion
ebwop: also thanks, i'll keep that 3rd paragraph in mind. honestly i normally don't think about what i need to post vs what i'm thinking currently. i usually just write out everything since i figured only town would be fully transparent. i guess that could benefit scum as well though. yea all the same, i'll think more about the content that im posting

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ok, that makes sense.

i can't say i agree with all of it. some of his questions seem to indicate that he hasnt entirely read things since sometimes the answer has already been presented. he might be seeking for clarification, but unless he implies an answer more specific than what has been offered already is what he wants, it comes off as ignoring one's posts. an example of this would be some of his questions at soup at the start of him having suspicions about him.

besides that, i think his questions have been helpful since they intend to build on or destroy assertions the person being questioned has made already. i guess essentially forcing them to think about what they say and be certain about it.

i guess i've been able to better understand people's stances from this and provides me posts to get reads from.
Yes, this is what I intend. Clarification. I was once told that to catch scum you have to have people clarify things they have said before. That's usually my angle.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
According to Forzenflame and many other players, yes it is.
Why do they think this? And why do you agree with them?

Skimming can be anti-town but I do not think it can be scummy.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Stop basing your votes on morals. Yes that "scum read" on Ryker, is entirely based around morals. And him wanting to lynch a hydra with Zen and J branches so much farther than just a vendetta. It's to lynch... a HYDRA... of ZEN and J. Why would scum be out to just do that? They have better things to do.
Ending D1 with no content and from what I understood some players didn't even post yet is very very scummy. Scum likes days ending early and to cut off discussion from town.

Choice

Smash Champion
Choice, do you think the wagon against you is properly substantiated? Is it something you feel you can defend against? If so, have you?
i don't think there is enough support for the wagon on me. theres been very little said outside of Ran's case on me and some incorrect meta.

i feel like its something i can defend myself, and so i have, but my words are being ignored pretty much or not responded to.(i.e. shinarouji)

#HBC | Gorf

Red Ruy said:
You say one is town, and the other was an idiot in your eyes. What is different between Ran and Soup, I find Ran's play to be a lot stronger as town and the opposite for Soup when I feel more scum from him.
The difference was my town read on Soup, and my scum read on Ran.

That answer your question?

Choice

Smash Champion
@Ghandi: what are your thoughts of the wagon? more specifically, what do you think about each individuals vote and their reasoning for it?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Choice, I think you'll have to specify which wagon you want Ghandi to post about.

Choice

Smash Champion
the wagon on me. i meant to throw that into my last post and didnt think i'd get ninja'd.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gord, here's an idea:

Vote RR. It's a pro-town move.

#HBC | Gorf

God there's SO freaking much that I gotta catch up on D:. I'll be fine with Ran town for now until I see a Choice flip. Yes I've explained connections in the past so I don't really wanna have to go back to quote the connections and shiz. But it's good D1 stuff I guess.

-__-...

@Ruy now that I'm accepting Ran town do I gotta go back and search up the answer in my 595?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Choice, can you move your vote to Red Ryu? If not, can you tell me how you propose to get a LYNCH on Gheb?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why do they think this? And why do you agree with them?

Skimming can be anti-town but I do not think it can be scummy.
Scum wants to fake content and scum hunting.

They do not care for what happens in the game unless it involves them. Anyone can be lynched that isn't one of their faction and they are content with this. I agree with them because skimming means they have no interest in finding scum, and if they are scum it makes perfect sense.

@Gord: Can you at least tell me why Ran was scum to you at the time of that post?

Top Bottom