• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Scum wants to fake content and scum hunting.

They do not care for what happens in the game unless it involves them. Anyone can be lynched that isn't one of their faction and they are content with this. I agree with them because skimming means they have no interest in finding scum, and if they are scum it makes perfect sense.

@Gord: Can you at least tell me why Ran was scum to you at the time of that post?
Underlined. That has nothing to do with skimming.

Bolded, skimming doesn't mean that. Skimming means that either the player doesn't enjoy WoT's and therefore skims posts, or just know's how to skim through useless information and gets to the main points. Of all people you should know that, RR. I skimmed ALOT in FE but it's just that I happened to miss some big ****ing posts. (Like OS's fake claim) Sometimes people forget or don't notice things either. Again skimming can be used as a scum tactic, but what you are saying is a null tell. Sorry.

Here is an example: Player1 asks a wifom question. Noobplayer2 answers the question. Player3 comes in and says to Noobplayer2 about the answer "Oh I could think you are scum for saying that!"

I come in and say WTF you accused Noobplayer2 of being scum for ANSWERING a wifom question?

He says "Oh sorry skimmed that"
In that case, I'd think there was malicious intent because he most likely was buddies with player1 and intended to use noobplayer2's answer against him, and claims INNOCENCE through the EXCUSE of skimming. That I do not like.

It turned out both were town so... I think you should look harder for scum tells. It's not just as easy as AHA YOU SKIMMED YOU MUST BE SCUM. In fact you came off scummy to me because Soup told you that your accusation didn't hold weight so you used that to add more weight to your argument against him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Unvote Vote: Choice

I still don't see why he shouldn't be read as scum.
Well he is it's just RR is useless and much scummier. Choice is at least trying, even though he also has some lurkiness due to his internet being crappy.

That vote on Soup for skimming is soooo scummy it hurts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Underlined. That has nothing to do with skimming.

Bolded, skimming doesn't mean that. Skimming means that either the player doesn't enjoy WoT's and therefore skims posts, or just know's how to skim through useless information and gets to the main points. Of all people you should know that, RR. I skimmed ALOT in FE but it's just that I happened to miss some big ****ing posts. (Like OS's fake claim) Sometimes people forget or don't notice things either. Again skimming can be used as a scum tactic, but what you are saying is a null tell. Sorry.
I'll concede the first point, not the second one.

Soup said he skimmed my RAWR posts, that post had nothing RAWR about it, nor was it a wall of text. Sometimes people do forget and miss, that seems to be odd considering what he said and what he looked back to search for.

In that case, I'd think there was malicious intent because he most likely was buddies with player1 and intended to use noobplayer2's answer against him, and claims INNOCENCE through the EXCUSE of skimming. That I do not like.

It turned out both were town so... I think you should look harder for scum tells. It's not just as easy as AHA YOU SKIMMED YOU MUST BE SCUM. In fact you came off scummy to me because Soup told you that your accusation didn't hold weight so you used that to add more weight to your argument against him.
No but it adds up to his other points I've said, he's looking for specific things, this doesn't look like scum hunting to me.

Well he is it's just RR is useless and much scummier. Choice is at least trying, even though he also has some lurkiness due to his internet being crappy.

That vote on Soup for skimming is soooo scummy it hurts.
Did you read what I said about Soup before that point? Your acting as though that was my only point against him.

You have a brain I suggest you use it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i feel like so many people want me dead today, i wanted to make sure i got out thorough reads on people in the case that i don't make it to Day 2 (let alone N1). If people would prefer, i'll just keep things like this to myself, but if i go to the grave with my info, whats the point of coming up with it?

i already said my goal isnt trying to look more pro-town. in the end looking pro-town or having been pro-town doesnt win the game. only catching scum does.
I've gotta get to work, like, right now, but I just want to quote this before I leave because oh my god this post.

No offense, but if you're town, your reads aren't that important on D1. Especially since you're reads on people so far have been relatively inconclusive. Like, it's good to let people know where your head's at, but this "I must let my people know of my findings before I die!" thing is BS. You're posting this stuff because you're trying to fake content, period.

And that last line? Holy ****. That's nice, rehearsed town-talk and all, but the walk doesn't match. I don't care what you say your goal is; the goal I'm seeing you pursue is self-survival.

There's also a post that you made in which your excuse for getting off of J's wagon was something to the effect of "it wasn't helping me." I'm paraphrasing, and I don't have time to find the actual post, but I'll find it when I get back. Point is, you're not as interested in the town's win condition as you're trying to make me think you are.

But J's making it hard for me to tunnel you because he hasn't posted since Zen /outed their hydra.

Okay, I'm seriously late now. I'll be back tonight.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran, I also love the blanket statements for why you think I'm scum. Feel free to state your case whenever you want Ran, because Soup's is BS, and I feel as though yours is the same at this point.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok RR that's fine with me:

• Post #309: Votes for Ryker for a ‘vendetta’ that somehow automatically makes him scum. This should be a null tell because Ryker could do it either as scum or town. I assume RR came to this conclusion to paint ryker as scum.
  • Says he has done a full re-read but has only commented on early events and gave **** reads.
  • States Soup is role fishing when technically the claimee was at l-1.
  • Post #400: Says that Ryker is scum for his limited content, but then contradicts himself and states that he doesn’t care that Ryker was V/lA, a legit reason to not have been posting. Of course scum RR has to ignore this.
  • Post #565: Null post, but bad reasoning. Gives Shina a scum read for bad attitude, which should be null, not scummy. Mean does not equal scum. Scum trying to paint Shina as scum with bad reasoning.
  • Post #578: Soup tells Ryu that his accusation of him does not hold merit, so Red Ryu changes up suit and votes soup for admitting to the act of skimming. I believe this to be null, regardless if Frozenflame or others believe it is a scum tell. I think RR is just Appealing to authority.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll concede the first point, not the second one.

Soup said he skimmed my RAWR posts, that post had nothing RAWR about it, nor was it a wall of text. Sometimes people do forget and miss, that seems to be odd considering what he said and what he looked back to search for.

No but it adds up to his other points I've said, he's looking for specific things, this doesn't look like scum hunting to me.

Did you read what I said about Soup before that point? Your acting as though that was my only point against him.

You have a brain I suggest you use it.
He never said he skimmed. He said he JUST caught your post. If he asks you about something you said, you tell him "it's in my post #XXXX" and I'm sure he'd get it. Again skimming is a null tell and it's not the best to judge scum intent off of. You will NOT get soup lynched with that reasoning.

What specific things?

I did read.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok RR that's fine with me:

• Post #309: Votes for Ryker for a ‘vendetta’ that somehow automatically makes him scum. This should be a null tell because Ryker could do it either as scum or town. I assume RR came to this conclusion to paint ryker as scum.
I do when it looks like a quick lynch was very very possible and Ryker was perfectly content with this without a reason I find to be legitimate. Ryker could do this as town or scum, I have not seen him do this in a game ever. I consider quick lynches even more so when most people didn't fully explain why they voted nor a reason to be ********. I was scum in RE4, but I would have fully welcomed a quick Lynch if Chibo did one there since it would have ended the say and stopped discussion.

• Says he has done a full re-read but has only commented on early events and gave **** reads.
  • States Soup is role fishing when technically the claimee was at l-1.
Say what you want about my reads, fair point. Soup has been role fishing J was not the only person he has tried to rolefish this game. He tried with Gheb as well.

• Post #400: Says that Ryker is scum for his limited content, but then contradicts himself and states that he doesn’t care that Ryker was V/lA, a legit reason to not have been posting. Of course scum RR has to ignore this.
He had opportunity before he went V/LA to do such and pretty much kept up a RvS state well after RvS ended. You are not reading my posting, I said during the time he wasn't V/LA his content lacked. I am ignoring it, because he has had opportunity ti post.

I will give him more leeway at this point since if he is in 5 mafia games I'll be more sympathetic, that I will admit.

• Post #565: Null post, but bad reasoning. Gives Shina a scum read for bad attitude, which should be null, not scummy. Mean does not equal scum. Scum trying to paint Shina as scum with bad reasoning.
It's bad attitude with no content, heck let me quote you for a second here after one of his posts.

Oh my sweet jesus christ

Congrats, you now officially have lower reading comprehension skills than Ran.
^ Useless content.
This is how I feel about Shin for his 15 posts in this game.

• Post #578: Soup tells Ryu that his accusation of him does not hold merit, so Red Ryu changes up suit and votes soup for admitting to the act of skimming. I believe this to be null, regardless if Frozenflame or others believe it is a scum tell. I think RR is just Appealing to authority.
False.

In case it wasn't bluntly obvious, I'm ****ty at playing mafia. I learn from other players to learn how to play the game better. I do find skimming to be a scum tell because it shows that when it occurs and he even admits it, he doesn't care for reading the game.

There is also my other point against Soup but thanks for ignoring it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He never said he skimmed. He said he JUST caught your post. If he asks you about something you said, you tell him "it's in my post #XXXX" and I'm sure he'd get it. Again skimming is a null tell and it's not the best to judge scum intent off of. You will NOT get soup lynched with that reasoning.

What specific things?

I did read.
???

I did, look in the quote, the only push i've seen from you is ryker and then throw in choice and who the **** else and bam your scumpicks.

ryker's saying what he wants to say, not flooding the thread with nonsense.

it's not meta, it's observation, i skimmed half of your posts and they contain caps lock alot among a bunch "no u" rebbutals.
I'm sorry what?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Unvote Vote Ruy

I skim half your posts too. Let's all raise our hands if we skim certain posts in mafia.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EE said:
Vibe: Depends on whether he knew his vote wouldn't actually hammer. If he didn't then blhghghghgh dislike.
I was well aware I wasn't hammering him. That was a joke post.

EE said:
By the way you don't know what a strawman is, please don't use terms unless you understand their definitions.
qfmft

Circus said:
Washed white knighting Ryker earlier but also considering him scummy is kind of weirding me out but I don't know exactly what I think of it yet. Might play around with it tomorrow.
Was I white-knighting him? From what I could tell, my intent was to attack Red Ruy's faulty logic, similar to what I was doing towards the Choice wagon.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What an unwarranted way to judge!
For my vote's been on choice indeed
I just thought there were too much
For victim he could've fallen to greed!

So I choose to let off of him for the time being
The evil within him I was still seeing!

Note: My actions and my words are all the same!
For what you do shall always be what you say
For choice's death I would've taken equal blame
Should he turn out to have been town all the way!

My vote is a tool to bring death, information and reaction
But it's my words duty to mirror my every action!

:059:
So essentially, what Soup said, correct?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
But the washed one is clean indeed!
Showing care, performing honest labor
To obtain whatever read he need
And prepared to strike the evil with his saber

And yet I can't agree with his pushing against soup
For he's honest and sincere - unlike his voter's group!

:059:
To be fair, I've been rethinking it too and have been looking for a place to put my vote.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm 50/50 on it but I don't really give a **** either way.

The fluffed up poetics don't bother me/give me antitown vibes. They do make him harder to read, but his actions usually speak louder than words, and imo they say good things.
He's easy enough to read? Apparently poetry's hard **** yet Soup and I get him just fine. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and if he's doing it for ****s and giggles, I don't care. See: Swissai in RE4.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
sudden activity on sunday, responding to stuff.

I understand that, but it helps me understand a little better or help my read, so far, i feel choice is scummy in itself, and the back-lash on me and gheb saying that we are acting in motions is faultry and looks like he's desperate, however, re-reading and thinking about it, i'm leaning town with choice now, just because i don't think he is a true threat and if means come to the end we can lynch him later, and also i feel he is trying to understand the situation, not just grasp it as nothing.

#360 is an example of that, he's just a butterfly, scum or not, let him float around until we decide we're done with him.

good point on #350, WL, but see above.

It did suck, choice was(is) scummy as hell but i just was thinking in my head something didn't add up, so i tried using meta to understand better.

@Choice listen to Wl's #362,#365 also, besides gheb, what are your other reads, don't give me obvious **** either, if you say "lol gheb scum and so is gordito derp herp" i'm gonna lynch your ***.

unvote

How do you feel about ranmaru? you say his questions are 'legit', but does that mean you agree with them?

circus still town for me from #375.

*insert J buddying post here*

I like your read-
>ranmaru

he's town, but he makes me frown.

EE idk about him i'm gonna have to see his huge post and decide if it's town.

i'll have to think about gordo for now, i have him as town.

RR your #389 is sad, and makes me sad.

detail=/= concise. Ryker is concise with what he says, he doesn't like to spoonfeed people, afaik. Null on ryker, like it should be.

basically.

@RR look at the two above, CONCISE.

i've been over this, now you're just being stupid and a parrot.

Vote: Red Ryu

**** the police, and **** RR, Ryker's #408 makes him town.

*holds hand*

aw **** ***** ****ing 5 star post.jpg

>have ryker as scum for tunnelling
>tunnell ryker

LOL

I've been somewhat skimming RR, i admit, but i think the main point is the above, i know RR is just gonna yell at everyone who calls him scum, so i didn't bother with it.

agree with your #427, circus, you're pretty cool yourself. :cool:

hi shin, bye shin. you're on my official don't care about you for now.

dead yo, also, protip i don't care if you buddy me because i'm holding your hand now, however, i could let go at any second.

you seemed to like ran when he was grilling me, how come when someone attacks you all of the sudden hate them, can't you try reasoning with them instead of pulling a ranmaru and going "WHYD YOU DO THIS EXPLAIN."

@ Ran's #471 bro, that was just to start the game, don't worry about it.

k i'll respond to EE and other stuff later this is good for now.

Town -
Ryker
WL
Axel
Gheb
Circus
Ranmaru

Null -
Choice (lean town)
Shin
gordo
Afro Gahndi
EE

Scum -
Red Ruy
Like this post, would feel better if he had more than just RR on his scum reads but hey, I'll take it.

unvote

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
419 seems to be you talking about Ryker not pursuing his stances. That slips Ryker into null leaning slightly scum for you? I don't see anything less than what he did in Pizza, though.
Since both you and Soup seem to use this meta and I ****ing hate that you're bringing meta into this, let me clarify:

If I'm right, at that point of the game, we were trying to act scummy because we were baiting for reactions. Has Ryker done it? Yes. But is it scummy? Also yes. For a guy who repeatedly likes to take over games, his inaction strikes me as off and worries me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
>load page 15
>longass wall of **** from red ruy

****all

Red Ruy said:
I really don't know.

Is it because I think Ryker is scum for reasons people find to be null?
Swing and a miss.

Red Ruy said:
It's one thing for him to post his comments on the game under, however I'm not finding that suggests he is doing something with it. Like I'll call out meta, but I feel more from Ryker in other games even when he is in a hydra, I'm not getting it here in this game.

Here's a good question: when did you switch from Ryker lacking content to Ryker lacking action?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
y'know just caught this rr but:

how come you have ryker as scum but WL as town? they both were advocating an Axel lynch at the time, same goes with having gheb town, you say you don't agree or didn't like the tunnel on Axel at the time, but gheb was the first to start it, what really decided your town read on him?
Didn't I already ask him this? Didn't you actually quote the post and say it was "a **** ***** ****ing five star post.jpg"? Didn't Red Ruy respond?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
/catching up currently.

Stop basing your votes on morals. Yes that "scum read" on Ryker, is entirely based around morals.

And him wanting to lynch a hydra with Zen and J branches so much farther than just a vendetta. It's to lynch... a HYDRA... of ZEN and J. Why would scum be out to just do that? They have better things to do.

Why would scum ever shy away from an opportunity to mislynch if they could and can get away from it? Policy lynches=!=townie.

Choice

Smash Champion
Choice, can you move your vote to Red Ryu? If not, can you tell me how you propose to get a LYNCH on Gheb?
Hmm, my current read on RR is null so no for now. Possibly once i reread him, but right now my thoughts are just that everyone is hating on him more so than finding things scummy. His responses arent good though but i've seen similar play from him in two games already (Dexter Mafia and Super Mario RPG Mafia (BBR)) and in both cases he flipped town. Meta isnt why i'm null on him, but without a more in depth read thats just what it is to me.

However, I don't really see a Gheb lynch being likely/good for today anymore. like i said before, i'm feeling better of him after rereading a bit so i'll move my vote soon, its my roommate's bday though so soon might mean tonight.

ran, why is lynching RR the move of the day?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Scum wants to fake content and scum hunting.

They do not care for what happens in the game unless it involves them. Anyone can be lynched that isn't one of their faction and they are content with this. I agree with them because skimming means they have no interest in finding scum, and if they are scum it makes perfect sense.
You forgot "Bad" in front of "scum". Bad scum will completely act independent of what's going on in the game if they want to be caught. That's why we lynch people not posting comment.

Good scum? Good scum will try to interject and cause as much misinformation as ****ing possible. Dumb reasoning.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I've gotta get to work, like, right now, but I just want to quote this before I leave because oh my god this post.

No offense, but if you're town, your reads aren't that important on D1. Especially since you're reads on people so far have been relatively inconclusive. Like, it's good to let people know where your head's at, but this "I must let my people know of my findings before I die!" thing is BS. You're posting this stuff because you're trying to fake content, period.

And that last line? Holy ****. That's nice, rehearsed town-talk and all, but the walk doesn't match. I don't care what you say your goal is; the goal I'm seeing you pursue is self-survival.

There's also a post that you made in which your excuse for getting off of J's wagon was something to the effect of "it wasn't helping me." I'm paraphrasing, and I don't have time to find the actual post, but I'll find it when I get back. Point is, you're not as interested in the town's win condition as you're trying to make me think you are.

But J's making it hard for me to tunnel you because he hasn't posted since Zen /outed their hydra.

Good post, everyone read it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay, all caught up.

Red Ruy, answer the question in my 627 before you go into anything else. If you avoid it, I'll consider it scummy.

Choice

Smash Champion

please find that post caz i'm positive i never said such a thing. i said it wasnt getting anywhere, but i have no reason to have said ___ isnt helping me.

Choice

Smash Champion
@ran: ok i just got to your #610 and referenced all those posts, no need to answer my #630 unless you want to clarify further.

unvote vote: Red Ryu
i don't like how you're dismissing facts so as to maintain a stance. thats hella scummy. also if theres more to your case on soup other than skimming, how come all i see is you discussing the skimming? people stated they have a different perspective than you do and instead of accepting that you keep pushing it. i don't see how that is helping to further the investigation on Soup. what else about soup do you not like, why not try to get others to see those instead?

Ryu, do you still think that Ryker is scum? How come you're not accepting V/IA as a reason for his limited content at the time? what do you think of his content now?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Here's a good question: when did you switch from Ryker lacking content to Ryker lacking action?
I didn't really switch to it, but it's something I noticed from him in this game. Even when he was an indy SK in Dissidia, he always would ram into my head why I was an idiot. Same for BiM4 and Dexter.

Maybe it's just the fact he is in 5 other games ans doesn't have time for doing it as much as he did in other games. That Ryker like feel, seems like it's missing or something, and I like being called a ****** or you're ******* by him. He's not doing it with that enthusiasm this game and seems more subtle with it.

Maybe it's just me, he is still doing it, just not what I feel like I saw in other games when I was with him, I can't explain it really to well it's more of a gut feeling that anything.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ran: ok i just got to your #610 and referenced all those posts, no need to answer my #630 unless you want to clarify further.

unvote vote: Red Ryu
i don't like how you're dismissing facts so as to maintain a stance. thats hella scummy. also if theres more to your case on soup other than skimming, how come all i see is you discussing the skimming? people stated they have a different perspective than you do and instead of accepting that you keep pushing it. i don't see how that is helping to further the investigation on Soup. what else about soup do you not like, why not try to get others to see those instead?

Ryu, do you still think that Ryker is scum? How come you're not accepting V/IA as a reason for his limited content at the time? what do you think of his content now?
http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12757666

I swear I feel like I am being trolled, even more so when it is on this same page.

:urg:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As for Ryker still scum...eh I'm giving him the benefit of being in 5 games and moved him down my to do list.

I kinda want Shin or Soup to die right now.

Choice

Smash Champion
Have you asked Shin any questions? I'm not liking Shin either so their lynch would be fine with me, but they havent really said much at all so its hard to devise any case besides lack of content. They're coasting hella hard, but so is J.

why do you want Shin dead?

Top Bottom