• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
first thought when opening marth vs fox: "Well, this music sounds familiar..."

nice matches though!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The sumabato tourney is over and the first results are on www.smashbrothers.org
Some people will be surprised / disappointed by the results, mainly because singles was played very differently from how we know them ... it was a single elimination tournament and everything other than the finals were played as best of 1.

Results are 1st Nietono (Oli), 2nd Brood (Oli), 4th Souther (Snake), 4th 9B (Lucario) but it's up to you to decide how much these results actually mean. With 9B dropping IC and seriously going all Lucario now it's kind of questionable whether he will remain on the top of the Japanese metagame [although at the tourney he beat Rain in singles]. Currently it seems like Nietono's Olimar is pretty much unstoppable [as shown by the 3on3 results].

1st Nietono / Phisakura / Isotaku
2nd Brood / Yui / Nagahari
4th Kakera / Otori / Rain
4th Smasher / Akira / Souther

Nietono took out most teams all by himself.

Doubles results are:

1st Otori + Namarta [I don't actually know who Otori's partner is]
2nd Nietono + Tige
3rd Masashi + Nagahari
4th Rain + El

:059:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol, so in the case that Lucario does happen to do well in Japan, what would you say about that, Gheb? Lucario actually can do some good imo if it's against Olimar/IC/Sheik/Pit/Falco/MK, although he might have trouble using Luc against D3/Snake. Not as strong as ICs per se, but anyone with good reading ability imo will **** w/ Lucario if they train up w/ him enough.

Steam

Smash Hero
9B's Lucario will probably **** once he actually learns the character. In the videos I've seen he was doing well against ocean while basically not really playing the character or matchup correctly at all. Granted at the same time Ocean wasn't really playing the matchup well either... but he was a little better. Lol no one uses Lucario in japan.

But yeah... He could be frighteningly good once a player as smart as him upgrades to Lucario v.11 from Lucario v.08

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol, so in the case that Lucario does happen to do well in Japan, what would you say about that, Gheb? Lucario actually can do some good imo if it's against Olimar/IC/Sheik/Pit/Falco/MK, although he might have trouble using Luc against D3/Snake. Not as strong as ICs per se, but anyone with good reading ability imo will **** w/ Lucario if they train up w/ him enough.
I really don't see how most of the characters you mention would help Lucario's performance. Sheik doesn't exist outside of Earth who uses Pit anyways - that one advantage is pretty much null. The only Ice Climber that remains a tourney threat now is Kakera and whether 9B will be able to take him on with Lucario remains to be seen [totally ignoring the fact that Kakera can play MK too]. Falco also isn't very common in top level play in Japan. You could say that "he might do well against Sheik, IC and Falco" ... I'm saying "he can definitely do well against Earth, Kakera and Rain" because that's pretty much the same.

But him beating Brood / Nietono, Masashi or Otori / El with Lucario? No, I don't see how that's supposed to happen. It'll be almost impossible for him to avoid a match-up where he's disadvantaged before the WQF of a bracket. I see him able to place 9th or 7th in bigger tourneys in the east but all in all it shouldn't be hard to see that a lot of players suddenly become actual threats to him should he decide to go Lucario all the way.

Against his ICs I can think of 3 - 5 players that can legit beat him. But I can easily think of ten that have realistic chances to beat his Lucario.

/rant

No new Videos the last 3 weeks :x
Can't add what doesn't exist =/

The next sumabato is scheduled for the 25th.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato tourney results are on www.smashbrothers.org. Once again, the results are surprising - to say the least. There seems to be truly no consistency in the west of Japan with 9B going exclusively Lucario now.

1st SLS :snake: :falco:
2nd Kakera :metaknight: [no confirmation on ICs!]
3rd Cross :sheik:
4th Earth :pit:
5th Masashi :pit:
5th Akira :metaknight:
7th ??? :marth: :wario:
7th Souther :snake:

There were almost 70 attendants. Videos aren't up yet.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seems like SLS is mainly a Wifi player. At least that's what I get from the description. Cross has been kind of successful in the latest tourneys but that's his best placing so far.

Here's the bracket:

http://smashbrothers.org/tournament/x/7bracket.jpg

WSFs were: Kakera > Earth and SLS > Masashi
WQFs were: Masashi > Akira, Kakera > Cross, Earth > Souther, dunno who SLS beat
LQFs were: Earth > Akira and Cross > Masashi [both upsets]
LSF was: Cross > Earth

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If he wins it's safe to assume there are vids of him. I'm sure they recorded his set against Masashi and both sets against Kakera.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I have never heard of him but I know it's not Yuto because he's already somewhere else in the bracket. The google translation of smashbrothers.org calls him "Return".

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vids of Cross will be uploaded - there are already slightly older ones in the OP. Earth doesn't use Sheik on many occasions.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
New sets added in the OP:

Earth vs Kakera
Masashi vs SLS
SLS vs Kakera
Earth vs Cross
Kakera vs Cross

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Man, cross is stepping it up, taking it to show ol' Earth why he shouldn't have dropped such a boss character so soon (jk lol, but seriously, Sheik matches generally are like at least 2-minutes shorter than most Japanese matches because of how she can naturally rush down and pressure most pretty well (and of course also is short on the flipside because of her frailty :p)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There better be videos of that marth
There is only one video of him up and it's not very good quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSqyXrpRIpU

Gheb you wouldn't happen to have the link to the Japanese Smash Blog/Website
I use www.smashbrothers.org
It's the website of the westsmash series. Any other tournament series is linked to on the main page so you're best off working from there. Westsmash is also the most active Brawl scene that I'm aware of.

---------------

2 weeks ago there was another round robin tournament in the Kanto area. The replays were recorded but only a few videos are actually uploaded. Instead the replay files are available for download here:

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/Li/so/100297/ssbb

Since I can't record anything I recommend downloading these files if you want to see them. From the videos I saw so far it should be a very interesting watch as characters are pretty diverse: Yui [Fox], Shu [Snake], Rain [MK], Shige [Falco], Mikeneko [arguably the best Marth in japan], Kein [arguably the best GW in Japan]. I have not seen all videos yet so I can't confirm Rain's Falco, Shu's/Yui's MK or Shige's MK/Diddy yet but I'll watch the videos later and post results and stuff. It also remains to be seen whether other players took part at the round robin. More info coming soon.

If somebody could record these replay files and either send them to me or upload them on his channel I'd really appreciate that. It would be a very valuable addition to this video collection.

Top Bottom