• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This weekend there will be a numabura tournament [east of Japan] on the 25th. Videos will likely end up on the numaburamovie channel.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Numabura tournament Videos are uploaded on numaburamovie's channel. The quality is not very good as they very [probably] taken via hand camera. I won't include them in the OP yet but wait for the HQ vids to come up.

1st Nietono - Olimar
2nd Otori - Meta Knight
3rd Nagahari - Diddy Kong
4th El - Meta Knight

This is the Top 4 - will look around for complete results.

Edit: Never crossed my mind before but I can see El and Eru being the same player [both successfull, both play red MK]. Gonna ask around for that as well.

Late Edit: HQ Videos are up now. I will include them in the OP in about 3 days. Two busy days comin' up.

.AC.

Smash Lord
as soon as i stop being bad and i have someone to travel with :p

.AC.

Smash Lord
i'll tell him, im not sure if he is willing to though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, they are the same player^^

I'll probably make another category for him in the MK section. There's a good bunch of sets of him up.

-FLASH-

Smash Rookie
Well.. Ive seen A LOT of Japanese Brawl vids (more then American or EU vids)
but I do not understand the 1st FAQ

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can submit videos if they're not older than a year. That's the gist of it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SumabatoX05 will happen tomorrow in the west of Japan. Smasher, Akira, Souther and Myiacchi are all not confirmed as of now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
5th Sumabato X results are up. 9B wins his 3rd Sumabato X tournament in a row and remains the most consistently successful player in the west of Japan. In GF he managed to take revenge against Masashi for his losses at Ketubato. The biggest surprise was Kii managing to take 3rd with Peach - up to now he had top 10 placings but this was his best performance so far. Earth remains consistent with a 4th place.

1st 9B - :popo: :dedede:
2nd Masashi - :pit: [:metaknight:?]
3rd Kii :peach:
4th Earth :pit: [:rob: ?]
5th Selcia :metaknight: :ike:
5th Cross :sheik: :zelda:

More detailed results + videos in a few days.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ocean didn't place too well this time. He usually places between 9th and 17th at Sumabato tourneys - these matches don't get recorded. If anything from him is uploaded it's either a huge upset [like his win vs Otori] or friendlies.

Sumabato Videos are currently uploaded [including videos of Earth's ROB]

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Last weekend there was a round robin tournament in the east of Japan.

1st El :metaknight: - 8/1 [lost to Yui]
2nd Nietono :olimar: - 7/2 [lost to El and Brood]
2nd Yui :fox: - 7/2 [lost to Nietono and Ikeda]
4th Brood :olimar: - 6/3 [lost to Yui, El and Rain]
5th RAIN :metaknight: - 5/4 [lost to Yui, El, Nietono and Gaia]
6th Shu :metaknight: - 4/5 [beat Tige, Gaia, Kuroobi and Ikeda]
7th Kuroobi :snake: - 3/6 [beat Tige, Gaia and Ikeda]
8th Tige :metaknight: :diddy: :falco: - 2/8 [beat Gaia and Ikeda]
8th Gaia :fox: - 2/8 [beat RAIN and Ikeda]
10th Ikeda :zerosuitsamus: - 1/9 [beat Yui]

9B was also there but didn't enter because it was eastern-only. He played the others after the tournament and beat everybody except Nietono.

Replay files of the entire event [including all sets vs 9B] exist and are available for download. I'm currently trying to find out if ssbbmania will upload them onto his channel. I watched the replays and most of them are really good. They also give a good impression of how recent developments in the US metagame are already well-established standard in Japan:
Fox and Olimar are going very strong against MK [Yui hasn't lost to a MK in forever, Nietono has beaten Otori at the last numabura, Brood beats the majority of MK players, etc] whereas the success of Diddy and Snake against him are a less frequent and a LOT less consistent.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Last weekend there was a round robin tournament in the east of Japan.

1st El :metaknight: - 8/1 [lost to Yui]
2nd Nietono :olimar: - 7/2 [lost to El and Brood]
2nd Yui :fox: - 7/2 [lost to Nietono and Ikeda]
4th Brood :olimar: - 6/3 [lost to Yui, El and Rain]
5th RAIN :metaknight: - 5/4 [lost to Yui, El, Nietono and Gaia]
6th Shu :metaknight: - 4/5 [beat Tige, Gaia, Kuroobi and Ikeda]
7th Kuroobi :snake: - 3/6 [beat Tige, Gaia and Ikeda]
8th Tige :metaknight: :diddy: :falco: - 2/8 [beat Gaia and Ikeda]
8th Gaia :fox: - 2/8 [beat RAIN and Ikeda]
10th Ikeda :zerosuitsamus: - 1/9 [beat Yui]

9B was also there but didn't enter because it was eastern-only. He played the others after the tournament and beat everybody except Nietono.

Replay files of the entire event [including all sets vs 9B] exist and are available for download. I'm currently trying to find out if ssbbmania will upload them onto his channel. I watched the replays and most of them are really good. They also give a good impression of how recent developments in the US metagame are already well-established standard in Japan:
Fox and Olimar are going very strong against MK [Yui hasn't lost to a MK in forever, Nietono has beaten Otori at the last numabura, Brood beats the majority of MK players, etc] whereas the success of Diddy and Snake against him are a less frequent and a LOT less consistent.

Can you link the files?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yesterday there was a SRT rehearsal tournament in Kantou [east of Japan] ... LSF, WF, LF and both GF sets were recorded and have been uploaded on youtube. The videos can be found on numaburamovie's channel but I'm waiting for them to be uploaded in high quality before I add them to the OP.

1st 9B :popo:
2nd RAIN :metaknight: :falco:
3rd Kakera :popo: :metaknight:
4th Nietono :olimar:

RATED

Smash Lord
Yesterday there was a SRT rehearsal tournament in Kantou [east of Japan] ... LSF, WF, LF and both GF sets were recorded and have been uploaded on youtube. The videos can be found on numaburamovie's channel but I'm waiting for them to be uploaded in high quality before I add them to the OP.

1st 9B :popo:
2nd RAIN :metaknight: :falco:
3rd Kakera :popo: :metaknight:
4th Nietono :olimar:

can you give me the link( idc if its not in HQ)

Edit: I found them.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
what i don't get is if Rain doesn't place 1st that often why is he considered the best player in Japan? He seems kinda inconsistant to me

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought 9B was the best player in Japan. Rain isn't even the best MK, but its not that simple over there.
Its gotta be Akira or 9B though right?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There is no such thing as a "best" player in Japan. I don't know where the idea comes from that Rain is the #1 player in Japan but results hardly back that up. In Japan a lot of players can beat each other.

RATED

Smash Lord
Any USA player is going to that SRT Tournament? idk M2k? Ally? That would be great to watch.

Even though Atomsk vs 9B would be great to watch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Next weekend there will be a Sumabato X tournament in the west of Japan. Being held not even a month before the Sun Rise Tournament this will probably be considered the "dress rehearsal". Therefore the attendance is easily three times as big as the usual Sumabato! In fact it seems like it capped at 150 entrants with a LOT of big names:

http://smashbrothers.org/tournament/x/xlist6

9B, Earth, Ocean, Kei, hiko, Aki, Nagahari, Masashi, Rain, Shin, Smasher, El, Akira, Shu, Kakera and Otori are all on the attendance list.

Top Bottom