• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
PT reminds me of someone else's idea, that if Little Mac gets in. He should have Doc in the background, giving advice to Mac.
It would be incredible if Doc Lewis said some kid of remark about a particular opponent after the match. :p

"I guess Kokiri men can't jump, ha ha ha"
"She may be a princess, but you showed her who's the KING of the ring".
"Speed may be his game, but working hard is yours, and it paid off".
"Nice work Mac, that pink puffball ate enough knuckles sandwiches to last him three lifetimes."
"He may be a star pilot, but I bet he never saw stars this closely before."
"It's not the size of the weapon that counts, it's the ammount of punch you make em pack. And you've got dynamite!"

Meh... among a few I guess. :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WOOOOOOOOOOO! They're nice! I love the Genosect one. I also love the fact that you put cool backgrounds behind them :3
Although to my somewhat keen eye I'm beginning to notice some compression issues with some of them and it is bugging the heck out of me. So down the road I'm going to edit some of these and clean them up. Also need a little realigning.

Anybody want to take a guess at what I consider my best one?

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
You have a good point there.

So for reasons of taking up too many slots and for reasons of making Pokemon Trainer less unique they should only have 1 Pokemon Trainer.
I think there should be atleast 2 because it allows believable dueling (what are the chances 2 trainers would use the same pokemons?), but because the game allows 4 players even 4 trainers would be welcome IMO

Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
Persia/Nidoking/Mewtwo
Koffing/Arbok/Lickitung(OK replace the last with someone badass)
Sandshrew/Kadabra/Poliwrath (Or make a poll who less presented ones would fans want)
No love for the ones past 150 from me

BTW that 4 is my "guide" otherwise too. I wish every series had 4 characters present allowing all-theme battles. But stuff like Link/Young link don't really count. And stuff like Pikachu vs Jigglypuff vs PT is weird too. So the only one to achieve it fo far is Mario-Luigi-Peach-Bowser. Oh right Pikachu-Pichu-Jiggly-Mewtwo was good too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is it Cassandra, Mewtwo, or Matthew?
Nope. It's actually this one:

The background selected, the aligntment and size of the artwork. This one is the best in my eyes.

My least favorite is this:

I was trying to do something really funny but I cannot stand how artifacted it looks! Stupid GIF compressor killed the already low-res artwork.

Sooner or later I'm going to actually put some of those in my own signature. For now I'm working on an advertisement GIF for me. Tomorrow I'll also do a new stage concept, too bad today's didn't go over so well. :\

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nope. It's actually this one:

The background selected, the aligntment and size of the artwork. This one is the best in my eyes.
I actually really enjoy this one too. I was going to edit my post, but I'm tired.

Sooner or later I'm going to actually put some of those in my own signature. For now I'm working on an advertisement GIF for me.
Which ones? An Ad GIF? For what?

Tomorrow I'll also do a new stage concept, too bad today's didn't go over so well. :\
Well, I liked it. I just don't have much to say about it because I'm not savvy in the Dragon Quest department.

I for one, have an Avast scan to wait for before I can sleep. This thread can be really fun, or reaaaaallllllllyyyyy not. Today was a not kind of day.

Did you ever finish the Loz stage?

Actually, if you wanna talk Star, PM me. I'm going to basically not come back to this thread for a while.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ you go ahead and take a break, it looks like I'll be the head honcho around here for a while, I'll have to take the stupidity I guess:/

WTF is Chris the Ripper doing back?

How about Mewtwo controlling 3 trainers instead? :D

Brock, Misty and Sabrina. :D
I hope you were being sarcastic... :glare:

Ok,iblis,you need to get off my d**k,seriously.
You're not in my ignore list :awesome:
Speaking of insane Mexicans, the Toad moveset I have in mind is heavily "inspired" by Fuerte since both are small, fast, and strong in terms of lifting.
Isn't that kind of broken?

I guess you should make him have a low jump. Speaking of Toad, I can change my Toad movesets if people want to just like how people requested pluck and super jump. Just let me know.
Yeah, Cecil has more right than Cloud.
Cloud isn't even close to being a candidate. One thing that hurts him is that he never appeared in a Nintendo console (I know about kingdom hearts! It's not considered).
Yeah he does and so does the rest of Nintendo when they said the Wii U would cater to more hardcore gamers. That includes tourney players.

Go ahead and send that horrible idea. It won't bother because
1. I don't with items LOL
2. Casuals will hate you (75% of the people in this thread are casuals)
3. You don't have Sakurai's specific email
4. Unlike me, you don't speak Japanese, so even if it did reach him he wouldn't understand it
5. You are going to get an automated response

:
Part of the 25%.

I hate it when I'm against Fox.

Ooohh. Chris is back.

@omega: Don't worry, me and Oasis are here to take the lulz

Edit: and arcadenik

Reyairia

Smash Champion
The only thing I can say regarding the gif stuff is that the character's faces should be on the side where the text isn't, else it's hard to make stuff out.

OmegaXXII

Yes...

Well then let's discuss some Smash shall we..

Okay, I've been thinking of a couple of WTF characters that might be in Smash, here are a few..

Tetris: even though he's owned by Tetris and is 3rd party they have a good history with Nintendo

Starman: yes, this guy would fit the bill perfectly.

Dog Hunt Dog: He's one of the most iconic retro characters Nintendo has, if they somehow decided to put him in, I think everybody would be surprised.

Wart: Its sad to say but it's true, he hasn't been in any recent games since SMB2, last one being on Game Boy Advance, if any retro character deserves to be glorified and revived it's this guy.

I basically stated characters that have a chance, but no one is really expecting it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here is my moveset for Meowth. Enjoy.

[COLLAPSE="Alternate Colors"]Default - Meowth has black ears, brown feet, brown tail, and cream fur.

Team Rocket (black) - Meowth has black ears, pink feet, pink tail, and a hint of pink tint to his cream fur. This is how Shiny Meowth looks like in the games. Meowth also wears a Team Rocket Grunt's black cap with a shiny red "R" pin on its side.

Team Rocket (white) - Meowth appears in his default colors and he wears a white shirt with a big red "R" on the front. This is an obvious reference to Team Rocket's original white uniforms in the anime.

Team Aqua - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a blue bandana on its head. Team Aqua's white logo appears on the front of the banana. Meowth also wears a shirt with black and white stripes. This is also used in Team Battles for the Blue Team.

Team Magma - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a red hood with black horns where his ears would be at. Meowth also wears a red shirt with Team Magma's black logo on the front. This is also used in Team Battles for the Red Team.

Team Galactic - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a green wig with a bowlcut haircut. Normally, Team Galactic Grunts have blue hair in the games but the green hair is a reference to B-2, a recurring Team Galactic Grunt in the manga. Meowth also wears a white shirt but it is black on the sides and it has Team Galactic's yellow logo on the front. This is also used in Team Battles for the Green Team.

Team Plasma - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a white shirt with Team Plasma's blue logo on the front.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Normal Moves"]A - Meowth will screech and execute a lightning-fast series of scratches in front of him when you hold down the A button. It also leaves Meowth vulnerable to attacks from behind. Meowth inflicts 10% damage when you tap the A button. The animation would look similar to this (0:54 to 0:56).

Running + A - Meowth runs and scratches up to five times. The last scratch has more knockback than the first four scratches. Each scratch inflicts 2% damage for a total of 10% damage.

Side + A - Meowth leans forward with both claws together and swipes, separating his claws on impact. This move has a good reach that hits twice and it can also be angled up or down if you push the control stick up or down. The first scratch inflicts 4% damage but causes the opponent to flinch while the second scratch inflicts 7% damage with good knockback. This is inspired by Fake Out, a move that Meowth learns at Level 9.

Up + A - Meowth quickly scratches in an arc above his head. It is a decent juggling move that inflicts 6% damage.

Down + A - Meowth crouches and quickly scratches twice. The first scratch inflicts 7% damage and the second scratch inflicts 5%.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Smash Moves"]Smash Side + A - Meowth pulls his claw back for a moment, then slashes in front of him. Its knockback is below average and it can inflict 15-21% damage.

Smash Up + A - Meowth does a headbutt that knocks the opponent upward. Meowth then charges his coin till it flashes gold before tossing it straight up to hit the opponent for added damage. The coin has a high vertical reach. Headbutt inflicts 5% damage while Pay Day inflicts 10% damage so this move inflicts a total of 15% damage.

Smash Down + A - Meowth spins and scatters coins around. It inflicts 15% damage when it is not charged but it inflicts 21% damage when it is fully charged. This move can be useful for racking up damage and as a finishing move.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerial Moves"]Aerial A - Meowth makes two horizontal slashes around himself. Both scratches connect easily on an airborne opponent. Each scratch inflicts 7% damage for a total of 14% damage and the second scratch has a high knockback that can potentially KO opponents at high percentages.

Aerial Forward + A - Meowth spins and scratches in front of him three times. The first two scratches inflict 3% damage each and the last one inflicts 4% damage for a total of 10% damage. The animation would be similar to Meowth's Fury Swipes of Love (0:50 to 0:55).

Aerial Back + A - Meowth does a back flip as his tail glows white. The tail knocks the opponent downward if it is a Meteor Smash and backward if it is not. It can inflict 7-12% damage, depending on whether it is sweetspotted or not. This move is based on Iron Tail and Tail Whip, two Egg Moves that a bred Meowth can learn. It also doubles as a subtle reference to Tyson's Meowth from the anime.

Aerial Up + A - Meowth quickly scratches in an arc above his head. It inflicts 12% damage and it can be used as a juggling move but it is not very good at KOing opponents due to low knockback.

Aerial Down + A - Meowth scratches downward with both claws. Its knockback is weak despite the 15% damage it inflicts but it can be used as a quick Meteor Smash that sends opponents downward.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Grabs & Throws"]Grab - Meowth grabs the opponent with both claws.

Pummel - Meowth bites the opponent. Each bite inflicts 2% damage.

Forward Throw - Meowth scratches the opponent forward with an uppercut. It inflicts 7% damage.

Back Throw - Meowth does a back suplex on an opponent with decent knockback. It inflicts 10% damage.

Up Throw - Meowth does a little spin and then throws the opponent upward and then throws a coin at them. The throw inflicts 5% damage while the coin inflicts 6% damage for a total of 11% damage.

Down Throw - Meowth slams his opponent to the ground. Meowth hops on them and then showers them with coins. The throw itself inflicts 5% damage while the coins inflicts 10% damage for a total of 15% damage.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Special Moves"]B - Pay Day
This is Meowth's signature move and he learns this move at Level 30. Tap the B button and Meowth will simply toss a coin that bounces around like Dr. Mario's Megavitamins did in Melee. The coin will break into more coins to inflict more damage. This version of Pay Day is based on the Pokemon games. Hold down the B button and Meowth will throw coins in a similar manner of how Spark Kirby with Rick shoot beams in Kirby's Dream Land 3. This version of Pay Day is based on Meowth's appearance in Brawl. Each coin inflicts between 4% to 8% damage to the opponent.

Side + B - Fury Swipes
Fury Swipes is appropriate for Meowth because he is known as the Scratch Cat Pokemon. Meowth also learns Fury Swipes at Level 14. Meowth repeatedly scratches his opponent with his sharp claws for up to five times in quick succession. Meowth has 11 separate attacks but can only use five of them at a time. Meowth's scratches change depending on the direction of the control stick (up, neutral, or down) while you press the B button for each scratch. It is not useful as a KOing move but it is ideal for racking up damage quickly.

First scratch - Meowth scratches overhead to the front of himself. It inflicts 3% damage.
Second scratch (up) - Meowth scratches back over his head. It inflicts 2% damage.
Second scratch (neutral) - Meowth spins and scratches around. It inflicts 4% damage.
Third scratch (down) - Meowth scratches overhead to the front of himself again. It inflicts 4% damage.
Third scratch (neutral) - Meowth spins in the opposite direction and scratches around. It inflicts 3% damage.
Fourth scratch (up) - Meowth does an uppercut with a claw. It inflicts 5% damage.
Fourth scratch (neutral) - Meowth does a spinning clothesline and scratches twice. It inflicts 6% damage.
Fourth scratch (down) - Meowth does a front somersault and scratches downward. It inflicts 4% damage.
Fifth scratch (up) - Meowth does another uppercut with the other claw. It inflicts 6% damage.
Fifth scratch (neutral) - Meowth hops and does a spinning clothesline and scratches four times. It inflicts 10% damage.
Fifth scratch (down) - Meowth leaps forward and scratches in front of him with both claws. It inflicts 8% damage.

Up + B - Faint Attack
When you execute this move, Meowth becomes invisible and if you quickly move the control stick to one direction, Meowth quickly slashes in that direction, scoring multiple hits with little knockback. Each scratch inflicts 1% and it can inflict about 12% damage in total. At the end of the move, Meowth delivers one last slash with high knockback that inflicts 20% damage as he turns visible, of course if you can sweetspot the ending. This move can be used for recovery, of course, and for playing mind games as the human-controlled opponents might not predict where an invisible Meowth might strike. Meowth learns this move at Level 22.

Down + B - Payback
Meowth learns Payback with TM66. In the games, if the user moves after the target, this attack's power will be doubled. This can be translated into a counter attack that always inflicts double damage that the opponent's attack would have inflicted. This only works on physical attacks, not projectiles. For example, if Pikachu used Skull Bash on Meowth and it inflicted 20% damage to Meowth. If Meowth used Payback at the moment Pikachu hit Meowth, it inflicts 40% damage to Pikachu with low knockback. How does Meowth counter attack? Simply, Meowth scatters coins around in the same way he used Pay Day in SSB 64 (see here). Meowth is unable to move for a second after the move ends, whether it counters or not.

Final Smash - Bonus Pay
Meowth uses Pay Day in the same way he used it in Brawl except Meowth can now walk and jump around while throwing coins everywhere. However, Meowth cannot run or double jump during this move. Each coin inflicts 1% damage with no knockback, however Meowth throws coins very fast that an opponent could potentially rack up well over 200% damage. After the move ends, you must finish off the opponent with a strong attack.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Playstyle"]Meowth is suited for close range combat due to the short range of his claws. This puts him in a vulnerable position since Meowth is very light and easily knocked around (a subtle reference to Meowth's tendency to get blasted away all the time in the anime). To remedy this problem, Meowth is very agile like cats are and is very quick with his claws that he can make combos. Meowth's only projectile is Pay Day and this can be useful for edgeguarding or as an anti-air move, depending on how you press the B button. Meowth also falls fast for a lightweight and, to compensate this flaw, his jumps give him good vertical range. Meowth retains his size from his Brawl appearance but is slightly heavier than Pikachu as well.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Other Stuff"]Entrance - Meowth appears from a Pokeball, then he leaps and scratches the air before falling back to the ground. This is from Pokemon Stadium.

Taunt 1 - Meowth tumbles a bit and falls flat on his face. This is also from Pokemon Stadium.

See both Entrance and Taunt 1 here.

Taunt 2 - Meowth winks and waves his paw at the screen like his animated sprite did in Pokemon Crystal.

Taunt 3 - Meowth flinches for a moment and drops a coin like he did when he was hit by a Pokeball in Pokemon Pinball.

Victory 1 - Meowth shouts "Meowth! That's right!" like he always does in the anime and then he taps his foot and waves his finger as he winks at the screen like he did in Pokeball Pinball.

See both Taunt 3 and Victory 1 here.

Victory 2 - Meowth gives himself a bath by licking his paw and rubbing it over his head like cats do. This is loosely based on Meowth's sprite from Pokemon Red/Blue.

Victory 3 - Meowth plays his Pokeball-colored guitar from Meowth's Party and sings as he dances around. This is a reference to Meowth's Melee trophy and, of course, the Gamecube demo as you can see here.

Sleeping - When Meowth falls asleep during a match, he sleeps on his side and gets up in the same way he did in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games as you can see here.

Kirby Hat - Kirby wears Meowth hat like this.

Star KO - Whenever Meowth is KO'd into the background where he becomes a star, Meowth is screaming "Looks like Meowth is blasting off again!" This is another reference to the anime where Meowth and Team Rocket are always blasting off.[/COLLAPSE]

Yes...

Well then let's discuss some Smash shall we..

Okay, I've been thinking of a couple of WTF characters that might be in Smash, here are a few..

Tetris: even though he's owned by Tetris and is 3rd party they have a good history with Nintendo

Starman: yes, this guy would fit the bill perfectly.

Dog Hunt Dog: He's one of the most iconic retro characters Nintendo has, if they somehow decided to put him in, I think everybody would be surprised.

Wart: Its sad to say but it's true, he hasn't been in any recent games since SMB2, last one being on Game Boy Advance, if any retro character deserves to be glorified and revived it's this guy.

I basically stated characters that have a chance, but no one is really expecting it.
Tetris (L-block) would be great as an Assist trophy. As a character, I can't think of a moveset.

Which starman? The item?

@arcadenik: Great moveset

Posted all the movesets that appeared in the thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12835700&postcount=260

OmegaXXII

Here is my moveset for Meowth. Enjoy.

[COLLAPSE="Alternate Colors"]Default - Meowth has black ears, brown feet, brown tail, and cream fur.

Team Rocket (black) - Meowth has black ears, pink feet, pink tail, and a hint of pink tint to his cream fur. This is how Shiny Meowth looks like in the games. Meowth also wears a Team Rocket Grunt's black cap with a shiny red "R" pin on its side.

Team Rocket (white) - Meowth appears in his default colors and he wears a white shirt with a big red "R" on the front. This is an obvious reference to Team Rocket's original white uniforms in the anime.

Team Aqua - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a blue bandana on its head. Team Aqua's white logo appears on the front of the banana. Meowth also wears a shirt with black and white stripes. This is also used in Team Battles for the Blue Team.

Team Magma - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a red hood with black horns where his ears would be at. Meowth also wears a red shirt with Team Magma's black logo on the front. This is also used in Team Battles for the Red Team.

Team Galactic - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a green wig with a bowlcut haircut. Normally, Team Galactic Grunts have blue hair in the games but the green hair is a reference to B-2, a recurring Team Galactic Grunt in the manga. Meowth also wears a white shirt but it is black on the sides and it has Team Galactic's yellow logo on the front. This is also used in Team Battles for the Green Team.

Team Plasma - Meowth appears in his default colors but he wears a white shirt with Team Plasma's blue logo on the front.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Normal Moves"]A - Meowth will screech and execute a lightning-fast series of scratches in front of him when you hold down the A button. It also leaves Meowth vulnerable to attacks from behind. Meowth inflicts 10% damage when you tap the A button. The animation would look similar to this (0:54 to 0:56).

Running + A - Meowth runs and scratches up to five times. The last scratch has more knockback than the first four scratches. Each scratch inflicts 2% damage for a total of 10% damage.

Side + A - Meowth leans forward with both claws together and swipes, separating his claws on impact. This move has a good reach that hits twice and it can also be angled up or down if you push the control stick up or down. The first scratch inflicts 4% damage but causes the opponent to flinch while the second scratch inflicts 7% damage with good knockback. This is inspired by Fake Out, a move that Meowth learns at Level 9.

Up + A - Meowth quickly scratches in an arc above his head. It is a decent juggling move that inflicts 6% damage.

Down + A - Meowth crouches and quickly scratches twice. The first scratch inflicts 7% damage and the second scratch inflicts 5%.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Smash Moves"]Smash Side + A - Meowth pulls his claw back for a moment, then slashes in front of him. Its knockback is below average and it can inflict 15-21% damage.

Smash Up + A - Meowth does a headbutt that knocks the opponent upward. Meowth then charges his coin till it flashes gold before tossing it straight up to hit the opponent for added damage. The coin has a high vertical reach. Headbutt inflicts 5% damage while Pay Day inflicts 10% damage so this move inflicts a total of 15% damage.

Smash Down + A - Meowth spins and scatters coins around. It inflicts 15% damage when it is not charged but it inflicts 21% damage when it is fully charged. This move can be useful for racking up damage and as a finishing move.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Aerial Moves"]Aerial A - Meowth makes two horizontal slashes around himself. Both scratches connect easily on an airborne opponent. Each scratch inflicts 7% damage for a total of 14% damage and the second scratch has a high knockback that can potentially KO opponents at high percentages.

Aerial Forward + A - Meowth spins and scratches in front of him three times. The first two scratches inflict 3% damage each and the last one inflicts 4% damage for a total of 10% damage. The animation would be similar to Meowth's Fury Swipes of Love (0:50 to 0:55).

Aerial Back + A - Meowth does a back flip as his tail glows white. The tail knocks the opponent downward if it is a Meteor Smash and backward if it is not. It can inflict 7-12% damage, depending on whether it is sweetspotted or not. This move is based on Iron Tail and Tail Whip, two Egg Moves that a bred Meowth can learn. It also doubles as a subtle reference to Tyson's Meowth from the anime.

Aerial Up + A - Meowth quickly scratches in an arc above his head. It inflicts 12% damage and it can be used as a juggling move but it is not very good at KOing opponents due to low knockback.

Aerial Down + A - Meowth scratches downward with both claws. Its knockback is weak despite the 15% damage it inflicts but it can be used as a quick Meteor Smash that sends opponents downward.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Grabs & Throws"]Grab - Meowth grabs the opponent with both claws.

Pummel - Meowth bites the opponent. Each bite inflicts 2% damage.

Forward Throw - Meowth scratches the opponent forward with an uppercut. It inflicts 7% damage.

Back Throw - Meowth does a back suplex on an opponent with decent knockback. It inflicts 10% damage.

Up Throw - Meowth does a little spin and then throws the opponent upward and then throws a coin at them. The throw inflicts 5% damage while the coin inflicts 6% damage for a total of 11% damage.

Down Throw - Meowth slams his opponent to the ground. Meowth hops on them and then showers them with coins. The throw itself inflicts 5% damage while the coins inflicts 10% damage for a total of 15% damage.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Special Moves"]B - Pay Day
This is Meowth's signature move and he learns this move at Level 30. Tap the B button and Meowth will simply toss a coin that bounces around like Dr. Mario's Megavitamins did in Melee. The coin will break into more coins to inflict more damage. This version of Pay Day is based on the Pokemon games. Hold down the B button and Meowth will throw coins in a similar manner of how Spark Kirby with Rick shoot beams in Kirby's Dream Land 3. This version of Pay Day is based on Meowth's appearance in Brawl. Each coin inflicts between 4% to 8% damage to the opponent.

Side + B - Fury Swipes
Fury Swipes is appropriate for Meowth because he is known as the Scratch Cat Pokemon. Meowth also learns Fury Swipes at Level 14. Meowth repeatedly scratches his opponent with his sharp claws for up to five times in quick succession. Meowth has 11 separate attacks but can only use five of them at a time. Meowth's scratches change depending on the direction of the control stick (up, neutral, or down) while you press the B button for each scratch. It is not useful as a KOing move but it is ideal for racking up damage quickly.

First scratch - Meowth scratches overhead to the front of himself. It inflicts 3% damage.
Second scratch (up) - Meowth scratches back over his head. It inflicts 2% damage.
Second scratch (neutral) - Meowth spins and scratches around. It inflicts 4% damage.
Third scratch (down) - Meowth scratches overhead to the front of himself again. It inflicts 4% damage.
Third scratch (neutral) - Meowth spins in the opposite direction and scratches around. It inflicts 3% damage.
Fourth scratch (up) - Meowth does an uppercut with a claw. It inflicts 5% damage.
Fourth scratch (neutral) - Meowth does a spinning clothesline and scratches twice. It inflicts 6% damage.
Fourth scratch (down) - Meowth does a front somersault and scratches downward. It inflicts 4% damage.
Fifth scratch (up) - Meowth does another uppercut with the other claw. It inflicts 6% damage.
Fifth scratch (neutral) - Meowth hops and does a spinning clothesline and scratches four times. It inflicts 10% damage.
Fifth scratch (down) - Meowth leaps forward and scratches in front of him with both claws. It inflicts 8% damage.

Up + B - Faint Attack
When you execute this move, Meowth becomes invisible and if you quickly move the control stick to one direction, Meowth quickly slashes in that direction, scoring multiple hits with little knockback. Each scratch inflicts 1% and it can inflict about 12% damage in total. At the end of the move, Meowth delivers one last slash with high knockback that inflicts 20% damage as he turns visible, of course if you can sweetspot the ending. This move can be used for recovery, of course, and for playing mind games as the human-controlled opponents might not predict where an invisible Meowth might strike. Meowth learns this move at Level 22.

Down + B - Payback
Meowth learns Payback with TM66. In the games, if the user moves after the target, this attack's power will be doubled. This can be translated into a counter attack that always inflicts double damage that the opponent's attack would have inflicted. This only works on physical attacks, not projectiles. For example, if Pikachu used Skull Bash on Meowth and it inflicted 20% damage to Meowth. If Meowth used Payback at the moment Pikachu hit Meowth, it inflicts 40% damage to Pikachu with low knockback. How does Meowth counter attack? Simply, Meowth scatters coins around in the same way he used Pay Day in SSB 64 (see here). Meowth is unable to move for a second after the move ends, whether it counters or not.

Final Smash - Bonus Pay
Meowth uses Pay Day in the same way he used it in Brawl except Meowth can now walk and jump around while throwing coins everywhere. However, Meowth cannot run or double jump during this move. Each coin inflicts 1% damage with no knockback, however Meowth throws coins very fast that an opponent could potentially rack up well over 200% damage. After the move ends, you must finish off the opponent with a strong attack.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Playstyle"]Meowth is suited for close range combat due to the short range of his claws. This puts him in a vulnerable position since Meowth is very light and easily knocked around (a subtle reference to Meowth's tendency to get blasted away all the time in the anime). To remedy this problem, Meowth is very agile like cats are and is very quick with his claws that he can make combos. Meowth's only projectile is Pay Day and this can be useful for edgeguarding or as an anti-air move, depending on how you press the B button. Meowth also falls fast for a lightweight and, to compensate this flaw, his jumps give him good vertical range. Meowth retains his size from his Brawl appearance but is slightly heavier than Pikachu as well.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Other Stuff"]Entrance - Meowth appears from a Pokeball, then he leaps and scratches the air before falling back to the ground. This is from Pokemon Stadium.

Taunt 1 - Meowth tumbles a bit and falls flat on his face. This is also from Pokemon Stadium.

See both Entrance and Taunt 1 here.

Taunt 2 - Meowth winks and waves his paw at the screen like his animated sprite did in Pokemon Crystal.

Taunt 3 - Meowth flinches for a moment and drops a coin like he did when he was hit by a Pokeball in Pokemon Pinball.

Victory 1 - Meowth shouts "Meowth! That's right!" like he always does in the anime and then he taps his foot and waves his finger as he winks at the screen like he did in Pokeball Pinball.

See both Taunt 3 and Victory 1 here.

Victory 2 - Meowth gives himself a bath by licking his paw and rubbing it over his head like cats do. This is loosely based on Meowth's sprite from Pokemon Red/Blue.

Victory 3 - Meowth plays his Pokeball-colored guitar from Meowth's Party and sings as he dances around. This is a reference to Meowth's Melee trophy and, of course, the Gamecube demo as you can see here.

Sleeping - When Meowth falls asleep during a match, he sleeps on his side and gets up in the same way he did in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games as you can see here.

Kirby Hat - Kirby wears Meowth hat like this.

Star KO - Whenever Meowth is KO'd into the background where he becomes a star, Meowth is screaming "Looks like Meowth is blasting off again!" This is another reference to the anime where Meowth and Team Rocket are always blasting off.[/COLLAPSE]

Wow, this moveset is very in depth and detailed, I must say you know your stuff, nicely done.

As for Meowth himself, I can definetly see him in Smash, though like Ive mentioned it would be better if Jigglypuff got replaced, it might not happen that way, but IMO I hope it does.

OmegaXXII

Urg.. Just ignore that....

Anyway, I did post a Tetris moveset yesterday, I'll have to look for it.:/

You also forgot shortiecanbrawl's Suicune moveset, it's also somewhere around, I am currently working on a Black Knight moveset, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Urg.. Just ignore that....

Anyway, I did post a Tetris moveset yesterday, I'll have to look for it.:/

You also forgot shortiecanbrawl's Suicune moveset, it's also somewhere around, I am currently working on a Black Knight moveset, I can't wait to see how it turns out.
I'll wait for shortie to repost it. I remember the moveset but I forgot the page.

Err... pretty early but off for now

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, of course, I want Meowth in Smash so bad. That's why I made this detailed moveset based to show that Meowth does have moveset potential. I remember some people saying that Jigglypuff got in over Meowth because Meowth didn't have many moves. That, and some people who used to support Meowth for Brawl are now saying that Meowth doesn't deserve it anymore and that Meowth probably wouldn't have a completely unique moveset anyway. Sour grapes much?

OmegaXXII

Okay, I found the moveset, it's pretty odd, but overall it's exciting. I don't really see it as a character, I only posted it because someone suggested it.

Challenger: Tetris Block. You know you want it.

Appearance: Default = Vertical, straight tetris block. Top block is slightly oriented in the direction you are facing. May vary shape when executing attacks.

Moveset: (warning, some spatial awareness needed to visualise these moves)

B moves:

B - Square block: Transforms into square block for an extremely short period of time (ala Marth's counter).During this time, Tetris block takes damage as normal but ignores all knock back effects. Tetris block may be grabbed. Any non-grappling attack that makes contact with the Square block will cause the opponent to be knocked back a set distance that does not scale with damage in the direction the attack came from (i.e. an attack from below will send the opponent straight downwards). (0%)

>B - Tetris Gun: Transforms into L shaped block rotated 90 degrees, shoots the block at the end of the 'gun', travels about half the length of Final Destination. (3-4%)

vB - Instant Down: Chargeable. Tetris block lifts a certain distance vertically upwards and transforms into a random tetris shape. Hovers in place until release of charge (automatically releases after 4-5 seconds) and then drops down very quickly. Shape can be rotated while charging but not during descent. (8-17%)

^B - Tetris Platform: Transforms into upside down T shape, Horizontal component acts as a platform for the remaining block to jump off of. Tetris block reconsititutes itself after the attack ends, can only be performed once without landing. Only initial transformation does damage. Tetris block is impervious to attacks from below while the 'platform' is present. (5-6%)

Grounded A moves:

AAA(AAAxN/hold) - 3 hit combo: Transforms into upside down L block ('7' shape), then transforms into T block rotated 90 degrees in the direction you are facing, then transforms into L block, no rotation. Holding down or subsequent presses of A cause a rapid cycle of transformations. Short range. (2% + 2% + 2% + 1%xN)

>A - Transforms into the gun shaped tetris block (aka L block rotated 90 degrees) pointing in the direction you are facing. Similar to G&W's chair in effect (9%)

vA - Transforms into |__ shaped tetris block in the direction you are facing. (5%, chance of tripping)

^A - Top two blocks in default form jump upwards slightly (3-4%, juggling capability at lower percentages)

Dash A - Tetris block flings itself forward as a horizontal straight block. (7-8%)

Aerials:

Nair - Transforms into square block and spins. (6-7%)

Fair - Rotates Straight block 90 degrees in the direction you're facing. (i.e. facing right = clockwise rotation) Trajectory of knockback depends on initial orientation of Tetris block (8-9%, potential meteor)

Bair - Exactly the same as Fair but in the opposite direction. (8-9%)

Dair - Accelerated Down: Tetris block moves down quickly a short distance. (9-10%)

Uair - Tetris block moves one unit block length upwards and then returns to original position. (12-13%, high Vertical KO potential)

Smashes:

Fsmash - Transforms into Z shaped block and the block pointing in the direction you are facing disconnects and travels forward a short distance. (9 - 17%, medium KO potential)

Dsmash - Transforms into upside down T shape block, blocks extending out horizontally on both sides disconnect and travel forward a short distance. (7 - 15%, sends opponent out as a near horizontal trajectory)

Usmash - Transforms into upside down T shape block, the single block on top jumps upwards a short distance. (10-17% Medium vertical KO potential)

Throws:

Grab - Tetris transforms into a 90 degree rotated T shape block and grabs, short range.

Pummel - Top block slides forward (makes a 90 degree Z shape) and hits opponent repeatedly (1% per hit)

Fthrow - Block holding opponent punches outwards, throwing opponent forwards (6%)

Bthrow - Tetris block turns around while grabbing, does not throw.

Dthrow - Block holding opponent slides downwards to make an L shape, brings opponent crashing down too. (9%, combo potential at low percentages)

Uthrow - Block holding opponent slides upwards and throws opponent skywards (makes a 7 shape) (7%)

Final Smash:

Tetris block teleports off screen and a player controlled tetris game begins. Falling blocks do damage, making lines causes explosions. Multiple lines cause exponentially more powerful explosions.

Tetris block totally has moveset potential.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I kind of really want Tingle to join after reading someone's comment on another forum.

Honestly, I want to beat people up over wifi with Tingle. Just imagining people's faces... hahaha it would be so ****ing awesome.

Final smash would be paying a bunch of bodyguards to beat everybody up.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tingle is one of my most-wanted newcomers for SSB4. Tingle would work as a playable Balloon Fighter with special moves inspired by bomber planes. When Tingle is flying with the balloon, he could drop bombs down and shoot Rupees like a machine gun (he actually did this to the final boss in Tingle's Rupeeland). This, in addition to his ability to do Wall of Pain like Jigglypuff does, thanks to his balloon, could make Tingle the king of the air.

OmegaXXII

Well, of course, I want Meowth in Smash so bad. That's why I made this detailed moveset based to show that Meowth does have moveset potential. I remember some people saying that Jigglypuff got in over Meowth because Meowth didn't have many moves. That, and some people who used to support Meowth for Brawl are now saying that Meowth doesn't deserve it anymore and that Meowth probably wouldn't have a completely unique moveset anyway. Sour grapes much?
Okay, here's what I have to say on the matter, you may already know but Ill say it just in case lol..

Meowth was rumored to first show up in SSB64, but to much dissapointment Jiggs was included instead since she was originally suppose to be the main character instead of Pikachu. Anyway Melee passed and no sign of meowth, after Brawl was announced many Meowth fans such as yourself were once again hopeful, but crushed when he was announced as Pokemon item via a DOJO update.

Now on to his chances, what I believe Sakurai mentioned in the DOJO was something about Meowth being an important character in the pokemon franchise, knowing that along with Jigglypuff barely making it to Brawl according to the Brawl files led to believe that Meowth could indeed return, but this time as a playable character much like Charizard.

Why am I saying this? Simple, and ask yourself, why did Sakurai even bother bringing a first gen Pokemon back in Brawl? Simple because clearly shows interest in him, not to mention he has a thing for cats, and while Sakurai could have potentially included a bunch of other pokemon from different gen., he clearly overlooked them and showed his interest in Meowth, a popular 1st gen pokemon.

I believe that his chances for Smash 4 have clearly gone up, and if Brawl meant anything then it is most likely that Jiggs might get replaced by the ever so popular Meowth, who has also been demanded heavily by fans, I think it's time Meowth made his grand appearance as a playable character.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Meowth was rumored to first show up in SSB64, but to much dissapointment Jiggs was included instead since she was originally suppose to be the main character instead of Pikachu.
As far as I know the mascot was originally supposed to be Clefairy, not Jigglypuff.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Zoroark was never a villain in the movie that it appeared in. It was forced to obey an evil man when it thought that its Zorua friend was still captured.

In other words, it was an innocent pawn.
Mewtwo wasn't that much different, either, and yet he counted as a villain in Melee.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Meowth is a bit unlikely, but I've always liked the idea of him being playable. Sort of a... Meta Knight without a sword, y'know? (...AND WINGS) Quick, close-range combos and junk. Agile too. Seems like he'd be really fun to play as.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Nice Mewoth moveset

Also sorry the stupidity made me pass out yesterday. @Beserk: I play Fox in all 3 (soon to be 4) Get at me lol

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Look at these movesets, I think some of you will like!

Giovanni

Down special move: PKMN
Final Smash: Triple Finish

Persian

B: Shadow Ball
Side B: Night Slash
Up B: Fury Swipes

Machamp

B: Focus Energy
Side B: DynamicPunch
Up B: Seismic Toss

Nidoking

B: Poison Sting
Side B: Earth Power
Up B: Peck

Team Rocket Moveset

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

Order:

Arbok:

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'

Lickitung:

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'

Victreebel:

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

Meowth:

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Down B: Cut

Moveset for Team Rocket, what do you think?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Weird, I always thought it was Jigglypuff. :/
According to Bulbagarden, it was Clefairy. It is fan editted but so far it's been pretty accurate, so I trust it pretty well.

Team Rocket Moveset

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

Order:

Arbok:

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'

Lickitung:

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'

Victreebel:

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

Meowth:

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Down B: Cut

Moveset for Team Rocket, what do you think?
Team Rocket is more likely to use Meowth, Weezing and Arbok, since they only had Victreebel in the anime.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As for the daisy thing, if she were to be implemented, the 'daisy' colour would need to be taken away from peach. I wonder what colour they would replace it with...
Yeah, I also want Daisy's color off Peach.
I don't know. Maybe Peach can have a Daisy recolor, AND a Daisy alternate outfit. I did sort of mention this with Captain Falcon and Blood Falcon.

I really don't want Rosalina as a color for Peach.
Peach probably would get a Rosalina alternate outfit as well.

Mewtwo wasn't that much different, either, and yet he counted as a villain in Melee.
That's what a lot of people tend to state.

However, they say that there's no such thing as a bad Pokemon, but a Pokemon can end up doing bad actions, based on the actions of its trainer. Mewtwo may be a wild Pokemon, but being around evil humans did affect its actions.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Got to ask that if Square-Enix is plausible 3rd party character source where is the love for Final Fantasy? Except maybe for Black Mage. Even though later on Sony consoles have been their focus. Then again Sonic or Snake haven't been on Nintendo much either.

Cloud, Barrett, Tifa, Aeris, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, the Black Mage and lots of other memorables. Mostly they're the same sword wielding with same fire/fira/firaga spells and summons kind of quality but that just makes including multiple ones easier. Cloud having black Squall outfit and hair secondary. Too bad we already have so many swordwielding spellcasters

Oh talking about originality their RPG roots could be dragged into gameplay some way too with chargeable attacks, turn waits and such. Maybe even make a duo or trio or even foursomes have been appearing in FF.
Cloud, Barret, Tifa team would be classic. Squall, Barrett, Black Mage would be thorough and varied. Tifa, Rinoa and Garnet would be varied all-girl team

Not to go too deep in moves but cool final smash would be a group summon. Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut storming the screen if each "party member" is still alive. Always a nice way to end a battle.

OmegaXXII

Look at these movesets, I think some of you will like!

Giovanni

Down special move: PKMN
Final Smash: Triple Finish

Persian

B: Shadow Ball
Side B: Night Slash

Machamp

B: Focus Energy
Side B: DynamicPunch
Up B: Seismic Toss

Nidoking

B: Poison Sting
Side B: Earth Power
Up B: Peck
OMG!!

I approve of this!!

Though I would add Mewtwo/Armored Mewtwo instead.

I've always wanted Giovanni an antagonist as opposed to Pokemon Trainer.

OmegaXXII

Got to ask that if Square-Enix is plausible 3rd party character source where is the love for Final Fantasy? Except maybe for Black Mage. Even though later on Sony consoles have been their focus. Then again Sonic or Snake haven't been on Nintendo much either.

Cloud, Barrett, Tifa, Aeris, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, the Black Mage and lots of other memorables. Mostly they're the same sword wielding with same fire/fira/firaga spells and summons kind of quality but that just makes including multiple ones easier. Cloud having black Squall outfit and hair secondary. Too bad we already have so many swordwielding spellcasters

Oh talking about originality their RPG roots could be dragged into gameplay some way too with chargeable attacks, turn waits and such. Maybe even make a duo or trio or even foursomes have been appearing in FF.
Cloud, Barret, Tifa team would be classic. Squall, Barrett, Black Mage would be thorough and varied. Tifa, Rinoa and Garnet would be varied all-girl team

Not to go too deep in moves but cool final smash would be a group summon. Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut storming the screen if each "party member" is still alive. Always a nice way to end a battle.

Yea those characters are cool and all, but realistically they just don't stand a chance.

But if you want to talk about Square-Enix, then Slime is the most probable character to represent Square, he's also been in a recent Mario game and will be in an upcoming one, IMO his chances look pretty good.

Moveset:

Starphoenix said:
Slime:

A- A simple lunge forward
AA- A second lunge
AAA- Slime does a small flip, small knockback

Running A- While running, begins to roll (somewhat like Jigglypuff's rollout)

(Non Charged)

Up A- Jumps as if pointy part of slime is a weapon and pokes target
Down A- Sweeps ground with pointy part
Side A - Puffs up and lunges forward to smother the opponent.

(Smash)
Side A- Elasto Blast (Rocket Slime): stretches in the direction pointed, can be adjusted during the charge; once the button is let go, Slime shoots in the direction.
Up A- Slime Medley (Dragon Quest IX): Two slimes come to help and form a slime stack, all slimes do damage in stack. Piston like effect slamming upwards.
Down A - Whip (Mario Sports Mix): Becomes a puddle and sweeps the ground. Radial effect.

UpB - Chimaera Wing: Slime teleports skyward in a flash of light. Straight up vertically.

Side B - Frizz: He'll start charging the attack sort of like Fox's Up B. During this phase you can then use the control stick to aim the attack, sending a fireball type attack in any direction. Sets players on fire for a few seconds and can also set areas of the stage on fire for a few seconds, dealing damage to anyone who wanders into the flames.

Neutral B - Slime Knight*: A knight doll appears on Slime's back and slashes like crazy, sort of like Metaknight. You can hold down B and he'll continue to slash but you can't move while he's slashing.

DownB- Back Up!: Summons a random member of the Slime family (She-Slime, Heal Slime, Bubble Slime, King Slime, etc...) for different effects.

Final Smash: Schleimann Tank

*A Slime Knight is basically a knight resting on top of the Slime. In the Dragon Quest Heroes games, any living creature could utilize a Slime Knight, and if put on a certain kind of item, it would act on its own against anyone.
Vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XojkXZj81M

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
now that's cool and all but really it's like asking for Mario and getting Ness. im not really a square fan but if one of those top 10 video game characters popularity wise (well ok only Cloud and possibly Sephiroth can go in top 10) of all time is available why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom