• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is there any chance at all that new Smash will be competetive?
The Wii U Tablet has yet to be tested to see if it would work.

And the Classic Controller would still be competitive anyway. Yes, it'll be competitive most likely, as the other 3 honestly were.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Lucas seemed to be very good in brawl by my standards he was better ness other characters such as bowser and Zelda need more balancingalso I'd love if rayman was in it after all ubisoft and Nintendo have a terrific relationship.

:phone:
Yeah,but :lucas: has a lot of -3/-2 MUs with the tops/highs,that is really bad.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If you have a 3DS or DS I'd suggest finding a copy of Dragon Quest V online and starting with that. Dragon Quest V is generally considered to be one of, if not the, best game in the series. It has a compelling story, a very fun monster recruitment system, and the music is memorable (to me anyways). Dragon Quest VI is fun too, even though a lot of people say it is the weakest in the Zenithia Trilogy (IV, V, VI). Never played Dragon Quest IV, but I hear it is very fun.

Dragon Quest IX is also there if you like a pseudo-MMO type game. There is so much post content stuff it is freaking insane, especially when hunting for Legacy Maps.

Are people still talking about Namco characters?
Yes I have a 3DS. :D Thanks for answering my question Star! <3 I intend to try and play all of them if I can, but I'll start with your suggestions, trust your instincts.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes I have a 3DS. :D Thanks for answering my question Star! <3 I intend to try and play all of them if I can, but I'll start with your suggestions, trust your instincts.
Hopefully Square-Enix will release Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D in the West. That will be a fun game too. I am waiting to see how DQX for the Wii U looks, because right now I am completely unimpressed and appalled by the game.

Anyways...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, I was just wondering because it seems like we won't get to use gamecube controller. :(
People need to get over this. You're playing on a Nintendo console, the controllers are never the same. We got lucky with the Wii until a while back when they stopped with that addition.

Arcade stick option, please.
Hoping for actual good online.
Hoping for a good game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Online in fighting games has always been a joke to me. Like I thought the point is the interaction/hype you get fighting the person next to you and that just completely goes away when you take it online. It absolutely removes any aspect of community and personality from playing the game.

Not to mention the impossibility of having 0 lag.
Get a mic, skype, and video camera. Find an online community for the game and go the live chat.

It's not hard to recreate such aspects on your own

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hopefully, the Wii U will allow for voice chat earpieces like the 360 on top of the already announced video chat.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think third parties are balls and shouldn't be added at all.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This song... Just wow... This song...

Black and White 2

I've got to say from what I've been hearing Black and White 2 has some rocking tunes. Even though I'll probably never play eiither game, I can definitely say Black and White have some of the best tracks in the series bar Blue/Red and Gold/Silver.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I believe 3rd parties are needed to an extent I just don't want it to seemed forced like they're just adding characters for the sake of fandom and they don't really work in gameplay

Need? That's the first time I've heard that.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No, 3rd party characters aren't needed. Yes, they are a welcomed surprise but they don't/shouldn't make Smash a more enjoyable game. The focus should be only on Nintendo characters. 3rd party characters are just "guests".

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If you have a 3DS or DS I'd suggest finding a copy of Dragon Quest V online and starting with that. Dragon Quest V is generally considered to be one of, if not the, best game in the series. It has a compelling story, a very fun monster recruitment system, and the music is memorable (to me anyways). Dragon Quest VI is fun too, even though a lot of people say it is the weakest in the Zenithia Trilogy (IV, V, VI). Never played Dragon Quest IV, but I hear it is very fun.
I second this. DQV is probably my favorite out of the series. VI is good too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I believe 3rd parties are needed to an extent I just don't want it to seemed forced like they're just adding characters for the sake of fandom and they don't really work in gameplay

And that's why Pacman shouldn't happen.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No, 3rd party characters aren't needed. Yes, they are a welcomed surprise but they don't/shouldn't make Smash a more enjoyable game. The focus should be only on Nintendo characters. 3rd party characters are just "guests".

Yes they aren't needed, however it's smart to do so. I think Sonic and Snake made the game more enjoyable for the people who were happy for their inclusion.

They're guests but a smart economical guest.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, it's a smart decision but I think inferring that 3rd party characters is needed to make Smash a good game is detracting from what the game is truly about. It adds a little something to the game but it should never be considered one of the core foundations of the SSB series.

I'd like to see several 3rd party characters but, realistically, I think they should be limited. Two or three max with one character per series.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Never, I love playing games while being mobile.

Now, if you said you quit playing games on mobile phones and things of that nature, then yes I'd say that is growing up. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So those who play mobile games haven't grown up? D: Well then!
Reading a little too much into my statement, now aren't we?

Back to third party characters. Guest characters, to me, should be from series that can mesh better with Nintendo's style. Sure, I know Solid Snake worked out and everything, but it still was a big gamble. Megaman, Professor Layton, Dragon Quest, Pacman; these are series I could see transitioning easier into Super Smash Bros.

And yes, I said series; not characters.

Now, if you said you quit playing games on mobile phones and things of that nature, then yes I'd say that is growing up. :laugh:
Actually I have that too, coincedentally. I gave up my smarthphone a long time ago, and you know what? It actually turned out to be one of the best things. You never realize how saturated you are with technology until you take a step back from it all. I don't know, maybe I'm becoming a hippie or something.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's funny that they're made for portable gaming, because I'm usually playing mine while laying on the couch, console and TV just feet away.
I sometimes play my GBA/DS/3DS/PSP while watching TV/Anime on my labtop while playing an RPG on my TV.

I think I grew down when I bought this then.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I forgot how serious you generally are Star. :p Well anyways, I am proud of you being free from your smartphone, that's awesome. I really don't touch mine anymore as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think discussing third party members now is an easy thing anymore. With the idea of Snake returning or not due to not fitting in or only being in because he was begged to be in, Sonic staying in because of how popular and demanded he is, Megaman with how much of a shoe-in he seems and the demand, and now we have Namco potentially going to be a serious influence on content (the extent, we are not so sure).

Doesn't help that there are lurking rabbid Geno fans with Shortie's crackpot theory on him, and Ubisoft's growing relationship with Nintendo and the Wii U specifically.

I'm growing to be quite the SSB4 nihilist, slowly dropping speculation and giving way to reason. Popping by to just talk or express what would be neat and talk about off-topic Nintendo things is becoming the only sensible ways to go about this place anymore. :laugh:

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman

Nintendo has popular characters but I just don't want them to start scraping the bottle of the barrel when it comes to characters for the next couple of smash brothers and include dare I say mii character's (shudder) which could happen for the smash bros so 3rd parties need to be added to spice things up

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Haven't seen much said about starfy lately. Thoughts?
He's got decent chances. He's not among the most likely, but he's pretty popular and requested in Japan, his series has sold fairly well, and was successful when it went international.

If he receives another game soon, his chances will definitely increase.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Unfortunately, I don't think discussing third party members now is an easy thing anymore. With the idea of Snake returning or not due to not fitting in or only being in because he was begged to be in, Sonic staying in because of how popular and demanded he is, Megaman with how much of a shoe-in he seems and the demand, and now we have Namco potentially going to be a serious influence on content (the extent, we are not so sure).

Doesn't help that there are lurking rabbid Geno fans with Shortie's crackpot theory on him, and Ubisoft's growing relationship with Nintendo and the Wii U specifically.
Like I've been saying about 3rd parties from the beginning: Who the heck knows?

Also you forgot Temco Koei. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom