• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What if the whole Japanese cast their vote for any character happens agian like it did with Brawl (which became the outcome of Sonic) Who wins that fight?

It would probably be Megaman... but if it was Nintendo only id say Geno would win that fight.
Wrong!! I doubt Geno is even going to get a popular vote like he did in Brawl, the Geno Alliance thing died down a long time ago, neither Square or Nintendo seem interested in the matter, even after fan demand, the only way I can see Geno getting in over Megaman is if he outright beats him in votes which I greatly doubt.

If any 3rd party character deserves the spot, it's Megaman.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A discussion about overrated characters and no one has mentioned Takamaru? For shame!

Geno is probably one of the most underrated characters. Even though his chances aren't great, they aren't nearly as pitful as everyone says. On a forum that supports Ryu, Mike Jones, Tails, Travis Touchdown, and the like, the severe and irrational hatred towards Geno is hilariously hypocritical.

Edit: Sorry berserker and sonicpoke that I don't respond to what you say, but I physically can't read dark blue font on my phone.
Do you think Takamaru is overrated? I think he's in between. He's not too overrated, and he's not underrated. I guess out of all the japan-only choices, people like him the most. (He's a freaking samurai, why wouldn't people like him?)

Geno.. I guess we could sway him on the underrated side, but comparing him to the characters you compared his following to, is a tad off.

Ryu: People mostly want Megaman over Ryu, unless you meant Ryu Hayabusa.
But I guess Ryu is taken more seriously than Geno (for popularity and for how easy it is to come up with a moveset for Ryu). Not to mention, Ryu has kinda become Capcom's leading character lately. I know you're really against Ryu, but this is a truth that needs to be accepted. WE WANT Megaman, but CAPCOM prefers Ryu. Especially in crossovers.

Mike Jones: What? At least, thanks to Brawl's Geno support, people know who Geno is. I'm having trouble putting 3 Mike fans together. Let alone, 3 people who even know who he is. Also... why you mention THIS guy among 3rd party characters?

Tails: Well he IS more popular, he is Sonic's sidekick. I can agree with you that I don't want to see another 3rd party character of the same company, and that I'd prefer Geno over Tails (as much as I love Sonic, and Tails as a character).

Travis Touchdown: Let's face it... People have only considered this guy because they heard his creator wanted Travis to be in SSB.

Geno's chances are not so great ONLY because of Square-Enix. These guys only care about Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon Quest. Any other franchise they produced has nothing on these big three.

It's a sad truth. I stopped supporting Square Enix after their BS response to no Chrono Trigger 3. And since Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG weren't even listed among their products, I think supporting Crono or Geno, or Randi, or Nemu, or any other character that belongs outside the boundaries of DQ, KH, and FF, is a complete waste of time. Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly support either Crono or Geno, but I've had it with Squeenix.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Strong points, right on point

Is that so? Where did you discover this?

Also, wise choice on SE support.
Back in 2008, in their Products timeline, on their very own official site. I bet it's still there. They most likely updated it now, but Chrono Trigger, nor Chrono Cross, nor Super Mario RPG was anywhere to be found back then.

OmegaXXII

To rep Sonic, Tails are the best!
Unlikely, Sonic is the most likely to rep. The Sonic franchise, unless Sakurai is willing to make an exception for 3rd party characters I doubt we'll be seeing any Tails or any other character as playable,; so quit dissapointing yourself.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I dunno, Mike Jones just came to mind. As far as Square Enix being a horrible company, I completely agree. They haven't made a good Final Fantasy since IX, *Flame shield up against Auron fanboys* they refuse to make Kingdom Hearts or Chrono Trigger 3, they butchered FFVII with that horrible movie, and thy successfully made one of the WORST MMOs of all time. Not to mention their hardon for cellphone games and obscure titles no one cares about.

So, that being said, I think the fact that Sakurai has played SMRPG(Peach's F Smash), and is familiar with Geno doesn't count him out completely, regardless of how ****ty SE is.

OmegaXXII

Square isn't likely to represent FF in Smash well at least FF's that haven't appeared on a Nintendo system so Tidus/Jecht/Auron/Cloud/Tifa/Barret/Sephiroth aren't likely to appear neither is Sora, unless he gets popular demanded by fans and only IF Square listens to it's fans.

Otherwise I'd expect Slime being the most possible rep to be considered since he has closer ties with Nintendo, even though I'd much rather have Cloud.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Square isn't likely to represent FF in Smash well at least FF's that haven't appeared on a Nintendo system so Tidus/Jecht/Auron/Cloud/Tifa/Barret/Sephiroth aren't likely to appear neither is Sora, unless he gets popular demanded by fans and only IF Square listens to it's fans.

Otherwise I'd expect Slime being the most possible rep to be considered since he has closer ties with Nintendo, even though I'd much rather have Cloud.

Cloud????? Pffffft! Tifa's Rack for Smash 4!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Cloud would be the best!:bee:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

If any Square Enix character has a shot, coming from them, I think it'll be something like Chocobo, or Slime from the Rocket Slime Dragon Quest Heroes games.

Maybe Slime riding a Chocobo. I dunno.. It was fun talking about 3rd party characters last time, but this time, I tend to avoid 3rd party discussions. All I want or care about is Megaman classic... Ryu Hayabusa or Simon Belmont too, but I'm not too vocal about it.

OmegaXXII

If any Square Enix character has a shot, coming from them, I think it'll be something like Chocobo, or Slime from the Rocket Slime Dragon Quest Heroes games.

Maybe Slime riding a Chocobo. I dunno.. It was fun talking about 3rd party characters last time, but this time, I tend to avoid 3rd party discussions. All I want or care about is Megaman classic... Ryu Hayabusa or Simon Belmont too, but I'm not too vocal about it.
Exactly what I was thinking!

Chocobo and Slime wod make the ultimate team for Smash, we'd be getting 2 reps for the price of one, it would be an interesting concept.

Simon Belmont is cool and all, but Konami already has Snake so I kinda doubt it.

@hoots: Sephiroth>Cloud>Tifa :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Exactly what I was thinking!

Chocobo and Slime wod make the ultimate team for Smash, we'd be getting 2 reps for the price of one, it would be an interesting concept.

Simon Belmont is cool and all, but Konami already has Snake so I kinda doubt it.

Ah yeah... Snake... I don't undermine the popularity of Metal Gear Solid, nor the fact that Snake is the most famous videogame character in Japan... but I find there are other much more interesting character choices from Konami in a game like SSB. That's just me though.

Simon Belmont > Bill Rizer > Goemon > Alucard > Zeke/Julie (Zombies Ate My Neighbors) > Snake.

---

Offtopic: I would like to see some Mother 1 stages, and more Mother 2 music. Also, if they're going to bring back New Pork City, they could at least fix the "fixed camera" issue.

OmegaXXII

I really wouldn't mind seeing Fourside again, the music was phenomenal and the site of the city was spectacular, if only they redid it for Smash 4.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Found your color font you like nLiM8d?

Damn, 4 mins until showtime. Well I'm out, when I comeback and upload vids I'll have more than just vs. Hero's Peach.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really wouldn't mind seeing Fourside again, the music was phenomenal and the site of the city was spectacular, if only they redid it for Smash 4.

Speaking of past stages, I was thinking...

64: Princess Peach's Castle
64: Mushroom Kingdom
Melee: Kongo Jungle
Melee: Temple
Melee: Brinstar
Melee: Yoshi's Story
Melee: Fountain of Dreams
Melee: Venom
Melee: Mute City
Melee: Flat Zone
Brawl: Delfino Plaza
Brawl: Bridge of Eldin
Brawl: Norfair
Brawl: Battleship Halberd
Brawl: Lylat Cruise
Brawl: Port Town Aero Dive
Brawl: Flat Zone 2
Brawl: Skyworld
Brawl: Green Hill Zone

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Speaking of past stages, I was thinking...

64: Princess Peach's Castle
64: Mushroom Kingdom
Melee: Kongo Jungle
Melee: Temple
Melee: Brinstar
Melee: Yoshi's Story
Melee: Fountain of Dreams
Melee: Venom
Melee: Mute City
Melee: Flat Zone
Brawl: Delfino Plaza
Brawl: Bridge of Eldin
Brawl: Norfair
Brawl: Battleship Halberd
Brawl: Lylat Cruise
Brawl: Port Town Aero Dive
Brawl: Flat Zone 2
Brawl: Skyworld
Brawl: Green Hill Zone
For the N64 would be better Mushroom Kingdom and Saffron City

Feels

Smash Cadet
I doubt they'll include Melee stages since they didn't include 64 stages for Brawl. Although I'd think 2 or 3 of them would be pretty fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom