• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
@Reyth the meta here is different, just like the meta in MS is, certain things have more importance, and certain things have less, i'd like to hear your opnion on the changes, as your MS background is important also.

unvote

Looking better, as mentioned, the MS background helps.

:phone:

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Okay let's just start out this post simple and concise

Unvote
Vote: Videogames.jpg

FoS: DeGray

These two people we dislike thoroughly. We have yet to see a post from VG.jpg that we actually like. Their reads thus far have been pretty much consistent nulls and as Ranmaru has brought up, when they have a slight scum read it's weak or has someone else backing it as well. They have not done much individual scum-hunting. We also didn't care for the way we think the X1-12 side of the hydra dealt with Nich. He had a point on pressure voting but the way he went about it was so very odd.

@Video: You seems annoyed at Zen for not posting, yet you don't ask him questions on things. In fact I have a better question for you, why aren't you pressuring PLSD as well? He hasn't even posted for real in this game yet. Also did you honestly say that because of the size of Reyth's post he is town? :urg:

(Side note: Zenny, please post. For this sexy side at least. ;) Tell us what you think on VG.jpg/DeGray/SK. Thanks.)

Next is DeGray and his blatant just idiocy it seems. He throws out a bunch of town reads in one of his first posts, buddies people, and the way he talks to Nich was so very off. "We can save you from being an ML.". Look we all know it's Ryker posting but regardless of that, it's still just as scummy. He hasn't done much else besides just his blatant poking and prodding at Nich but for pretty dumb reasons. "You are free dude!" "Do you think you scare me?" In fact I'd like to bring up something, Nich lays down an FoS on DeGray and he just says "Do you think I care?" which is disgusting to look at. (not to mention his "No one comment on my posts besides the one they are directed to!")

Not to mention his font is annoying to read but I digress. :glare:

Speaking of, Nich vs. TB we feel is TvT most likely. We love July this game. Her post about DeGray is spot-on. We also like Ran to a lesser extant. Reyth is so perplexing and I like seeing him post. We have got our eyes on SK and Nabe because we don't know what to think of them yet. Swiss we are alright on atm (mainly because we get what he means in his post), but wanna see more from the cheese-head. :laugh:

Speaking of wanting to see more: @PLSD: Where are you? Can you please comment on something and also give some scum-picks.

That's pretty much it for this singular post, but stay tuned to the next one. :bee:

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
VG.jpg, I want definite reads next post. None of this obscure "idk scum I guess." scum-reads.

DeGray, whatcha think of July. Like or Dislike?

SK, where are you two looking at now since you just unvoted? What do you think of the VG.jpg wagon? Would you be willing to join a DeGray wagon?

Nabe, tell us your thoughts because I think it's been a while what you think on a few things. Ran/VG.jpg/TB reads update. Whatcha think? Also you seemed to express a like for DeGray's posts. Can you go into detail as to why?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
votecount:

T-block - Swiss,
Kawaii Kangaroo - Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance,
SoupaKatamari - Nabe,
Nicholas1024- T-block, Videogames.jpg, Reyth,
Videogames.jpg - Nicholas1024, Ranmaru, Kawaii Kangaroo,

Not voting: Degrey, Zen, July, SoupaKatamari,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 1st, at 3:00 p.m. EST

rules said:
8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. If a player in the game has issues with your text color, you must change it upon request regardless of the reason of said request. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
Degrey, please change your text color to something more readable.

Sorry about the late votecount; it's been a busy time for me recently.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
yeeeah, I have custom font colors disabled so I have no idea what degrey's color is.
I don't think he cares if Nich is toDay's lynch or a lynch down the line, I think he just wants to keep him in the back of everyone's mind as a "good" lynch because he is a "liability".
That's what I was thinking.
atm I'm feeling that voting or pushing Nich is a very bad idea. I want more from the Kat head of the hydra and more from the Raziek head of DeGrey.
You heard it here, folks.

unvote

I'll definitely look into posting again toDay.

More content later.
:bee:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Kanga

Videogame wagon seems wonderful, but me and kata kata are gonna gonna talk some more before we make a decision, i would like to have a more indepth read from him before we decide :bee:

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Okay let's just start out this post simple and concise

Unvote
Vote: Videogames.jpg

FoS: DeGray

These two people we dislike thoroughly. We have yet to see a post from VG.jpg that we actually like. Their reads thus far have been pretty much consistent nulls and as Ranmaru has brought up, when they have a slight scum read it's weak or has someone else backing it as well. They have not done much individual scum-hunting. We also didn't care for the way we think the X1-12 side of the hydra dealt with Nich. He had a point on pressure voting but the way he went about it was so very odd.
I bet J jumped at the chance to vote me :p

It's funny though, if even one other person shares the same view as you, it means you're "not doing individual scum hunting"
I guess I have to go be a hipster and find something nobody else agrees with in order to be town.

I'm not going to argue against the whole "unoriginal scumpicks" thing any longer, it's just annoying. See page 1 of the game? I voted for T-block for what I saw as a scummy first couple posts. This was an hour after he made such posts, as that is when I arrived.
Then Nick jumped on his wagon in a way I also didn't like, and I voted for Nick 5 minutes after his post. However, I was ninja'd by T-block AND Ranmaru in those 5 minutes. Also note that I went into a little more depth about the reasoning of my vote than they did. So what I'm saying is, I'm not afraid to give scumpicks, and I'm not parroting.

@Video: You seems annoyed at Zen for not posting, yet you don't ask him questions on things. In fact I have a better question for you, why aren't you pressuring PLSD as well? He hasn't even posted for real in this game yet. Also did you honestly say that because of the size of Reyth's post he is town? :urg:
Because Zen has a tendency to not get caught up at all. Whenever PLSD gets here, I'm sure they'll actually do stuff.
And because I forgot PLSD even existed.
And because asking Zen questions at this point is pointless if I can't guarantee he'll even read them anytime soon.
And the Reyth thing was sort of a joke, but I have a town read on him anyway.

We love July this game. Her post about DeGray is spot-on.
oh ok, but not me, even though I've been saying the same things (I don't remember if I was "parroting" or not but I definitely noticed those things about DeGrey WHILE I WAS CATCHING UP)

Now thanks to my unvote, I'm pretty much the only wagon right now. Sweet.

Not gonna join the T-block "wagon" unless Swiss can give me legitimate reasons why he's scum.
KK isn't even a wagon because it's an RVS vote by a seemingly V/LA guy, but I'm not sure I like KK with his recent vote on me. The reasoning is pretty much "you've been in the background presenting unoriginal and weak scumreads" which translates to me as "you weren't here while stuff was going on, and your opinion was already stated by others when you got here"

SoupKat I still don't view as scum, so I'm not going to vote there.

Just left the Nick wagon because it feels stagnant, and because X1 said so :3

Then there's my wagon.

Reading through DeGrey to see if he's deserving of my vote yet or not, since he's been up there for me in terms of potential scum.
This is why he's going to have to be lynched, TBlock.

Nich, IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT TRYING TO LYNCH YOU! IT'S BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU GET OUT OF BEING THE EASY DAY 1 WAGON!

The person you need to respond to about a case is TBlock. Be analytical. Look at his argument and see the reasoning behind it. UNDERSTAND the case and why it has merit. Assuming you're town for a sec, which you're making harder and harder to believe, no one else can see your role PM. It's not obvious and you getting lynched in this exchange is not going to magically make your reads hold more weight. In fact, it's going to make your reads disappear and no one will care anymore. SO AVOID THAT.
I'm trying to figure out how legitimate this is, particularly the caps. The things Ryker is saying makes sense in some ways, but in others I don't know. It's true he hasn't voted Nick (or anyone) but at the same time it's like he's trying to plant seeds of doubt into everyone's mind, in order to keep Nick available as a lynch later on.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13061398&postcount=236

Nick, do you still think I'm a good vote?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
As for scumpicks, if you can't decipher my reads from my last posts and what I responded to Ran with, then I'm sorry. Again, you'll get definitive reads from us tomorrow at the latest when X1 and I actually discuss it.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Update from both heads!

Kata left me some thoughts last night, and some cookies, how thoughtful. <3

with a re-read, Kata believes that DeGray needs to die, he wasn't exactly specific about it, but i hope he'll go in-depth with it, i will probably re-read DeGray also!

Kata will have a post up tonight, so HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Video, I don't expect everything a townie says to be new ANC gamebreaking, BUT I do expect a townie to do something that isn't completely crowd approved beforehand. Not one thing youve done has been controversial, which strikes me as very odd for a players it including X1.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I hate autocorrect sometimes. I mean I find it odd for any player that's posted so much, but X1 in particular, as he usually just has his own reads nobody agrees with.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh **** off.

Swiss making sense, that's unusual, but welcomed anyway.
Could it be?

Nich, you're more confident than you usually are. What's changed? How has your play developed? Why is this good? As of #209, how sure were you T-Block was scum? Do you think you because more forceful after I said I thought him scum? Why or why not?

Don't try to strawman me.

BOO!

Did that scare you? Of course not, there was never a chance of that in the first place. Me openly stating it was a pressure vote was essentially making it an IGMEOY like Ran did with me. That still does carry pressure, and gives me a chance to up the pressure later on should a bad reaction change it into a "real" vote. Anyway, show why it's scummy or be quiet. I'm not liking how you're still pursuing me for that one post and basically ignoring my case on T-block. Although you occasionally point out problems in his posts, it seem odd that your opinion hasn't changed.

@Kawaii
It's a bit meta, really. In FE where he was scum, I never noticed Nabe at all. Here he's been a good deal more active and consistent (although he's not particularly leading, he's challenging people and forcing them to think), which I feel reflects well on him.
X1, do you believe the honesty in this post?

What point did you mean with this, Swiss?

Anyway, on second thought I'm going to extend my challenge to T-block to everyone voting me. Outline why I'm scummy. Yes, I know about the whole pressure vote thing, but aside from that, I have not seen one semi-legit accusation out of the lot of you. So prove that you guys have some actual reasoning. Also, do it IN YOUR OWN WORDS, don't just quote someone and go "I agree with this guy's case".
You nullified a pressure vote by classing it as such.

What townie says "I've done nothing scummy"? How sure are you that you've done nothing scummy?

What would you do if I created a case on you (early game only) posts. Could I do this?

No, I don't think people need to leave backdoors in their first vote, but that's not what's relevant. What's relevant is that he did. It looks like he's trying to avoid making a connection with me, wouldn't you agree? Who cares about whether he actually needed to as scum.

See my 184. I was referring to how he said he was annoyed at the wagon on him.
What benefit would Nich gain from a link between yourselves?

If he flips scum, do you think you'd be lynched?
If he flips town, do you think you'd be cleared?
Does this mean he cannot be Indie as he cannot be sure that you are not scum?

Dunno. I ask a ton of questions as scum all the time so you're probably right. Why did you give three town stances on Nich in one post?
p.s. first time I've had a hand-hold offer
Progressive notes as my reads change post to post. It's useful for me to review in LyLo.

Oh by the way, I fully intend to be in LyLo.

(Why would a townie assume there WILL be a LyLo? Should I not be trying to win before that? Let's allow X1 to bring this point up.)

Swiss, I know you'll deal with this real talk without freaking out and trying to take it as something it's not, so let me ask you what we should do.

Look at Nich here. He's gonna be one of three things.

1.) Scum.
2.) An easy mislynch for scum to push. As long as he isn't option #3, he's sure as hell not getting night killed.
3.) A provable obv town PR that gets forced to claim and Night Killed or, even worse with these time shenanigans, manipulated and still mislynched.

In short, he's a liability later in the game. Do we just remain confident in our ability to read him and trust town not to lynch him on our word? Do we lynch him? Do we cross our fingers and hope for a vig?

I dunno, I feel he's pretty high on the "free player" list. Definitely playing worse than I recall him being.
I can only assume this is Ryker. But something is awry here. Does anyone bring this up? Town points if they do. Why can Nich not be a VT or "un-proveable"? I question your intentions.

Nich isn't a late game liability. He'll be dead by then. Cop and Doc PR's will be swarming over us two 'till D3 at the earliest, so we aren't dying at Night - scum can't risk an early game block, they'll be shooting for the kills. And kills that leave links town won't agree on. Nich is dead, even with this post read by them they'll still kill him.

Why is TBlock town? Content me up baby. Make it as brief as you want, but I want that read.

Hi Swiss.

Why are you okay with a Nich lynch if you think he's town? What the hell is with your statement on Nabe?
/Skip

Is there anyone point in asking you why you have Swiss as absolute town?
Probably not. You should just be grateful Ryker won't be tunnelling me like some players do. It slows me down. Scumbwarned.

You are grateful, right?

I haven't read beyond #142, but I will say that Nich's #142 looks pretty bad. Still catching up.
I really hope you expand on this.

T-Block, what's your read on Reyth? Not just alignment, but as a player.

Ranmaru you are town. Go forth to LyLo.

Ryker how do you not have Ran as town? The tell was 3 posts back ffs.

This is my first game with Swiss, but I have heard that he is hella hard to read, and the fact that more people didn't jump on his post affirms that for me.
I am, but who did you hear that from? Who in this game do you know? Walk me through your mafia experience thus far.

Why are people judging Ryker on a post made directly to me? Do I look like I'm trying to wagon him for it? No. So gtfo his *** and look at other players like Nabe.

I haven't read beyond it but Nich post #155 is bad for one the same reasons.
I really hope you expand on this.

And the last one.

@DeGrey
You're either scum or a townie with an ego the size of a planet. However, I'm not pursuing a lynch on you unless I get a more reliable scum read on you.
I think it's bigger than a planet ;)
Curious.

Why are you sure DeGrey is town?

Why do you know.

This is why he's going to have to be lynched, TBlock.

Nich, IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT TRYING TO LYNCH YOU! IT'S BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU GET OUT OF BEING THE EASY DAY 1 WAGON!

The person you need to respond to about a case is TBlock. Be analytical. Look at his argument and see the reasoning behind it. UNDERSTAND the case and why it has merit. Assuming you're town for a sec, which you're making harder and harder to believe, no one else can see your role PM. It's not obvious and you getting lynched in this exchange is not going to magically make your reads hold more weight. In fact, it's going to make your reads disappear and no one will care anymore. SO AVOID THAT.
Argagagagagagagagagag.

What are you.

You claim to be trying to help Nich avoid a Day 1 mislynch, yet you're blatantly trying to make him look bad? Get out of here.
Throw a lamb to the wolves, then watch if the lamb runs or gets eaten. It tells you a lot.

#325 - V.JPG Gettin' salty already.

It amuses me thoroughly people think I'm town from my intro post. Let's ignore any scum tells and assume I'm town. This game will be much easier that way.

For me, I mean.

@ #354 - Reyth just because Nich is experienced, doesn't make him good. Just because he started playing before anyone else here, doesn't mean he's more experienced. Don't make dangerous assumptions.

You can go to town, though. Still answer anything I may have asked.

Kat, you said Vanz was town, correct? Why? Soup, is Kat doing all the tough work?

Vanz, which half of your hydra is more dominant?

Got to the first post of page 10.

More later.

T-Block, I'm looking at you.

Unvote Vote KawaiiKanagaroo

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I hate autocorrect sometimes. I mean I find it odd for any player that's posted so much, but X1 in particular, as he usually just has his own reads nobody agrees with.
It's been almost entirely Asdioh posting so far. A couple of the more... aggressive? posts were from X1. I'm sure once he's back from whatever tournament, we'll discuss our reads and you'll find some things that are more abrasive.

I can only assume this is Ryker. But something is awry here. Does anyone bring this up? Town points if they do.
;)

#325 - V.JPG Gettin' salty already.

It amuses me thoroughly people think I'm town from my intro post.
But you agree, then?

btw Swiss can be town as of this post.

T-block

B2B TST
You're gonna be fun to play with Swiss =)

I'll get to answering your questions and stuff in a bit.

Nich town.

Nich Null town.

Nich town. Sorted.

Might trip whip to a Reyth or Nich lynch on a whim, regardless of my town Nich stance. As soon as Nabe shows weakness I'm gonna get him lynched. FYI.
I can only assume this is Ryker. But something is awry here. Does anyone bring this up? Town points if they do. Why can Nich not be a VT or "un-proveable"? I question your intentions.

Nich isn't a late game liability. He'll be dead by then. Cop and Doc PR's will be swarming over us two 'till D3 at the earliest, so we aren't dying at Night - scum can't risk an early game block, they'll be shooting for the kills. And kills that leave links town won't agree on. Nich is dead, even with this post read by them they'll still kill him.
Town on Nich, yet you're willing to lynch him. I can only assume it's because he will be useless as town, no? But in your last post you're sure he'll be NK'd (which is garbage in itself). Explain?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
It's funny though, if even one other person shares the same view as you, it means you're "not doing individual scum hunting"
I guess I have to go be a hipster and find something nobody else agrees with in order to be town.
Whoa don't strawman me bro. That's not even what I said.

As for scumpicks, if you can't decipher my reads from my last posts and what I responded to Ran with, then I'm sorry. Again, you'll get definitive reads from us tomorrow at the latest when X1 and I actually discuss it.
Then we shall wait. :chuckle:

T-block

B2B TST
Not newb town, dumb town. On mafiascum this would be closest to a VI I guess. I don't agree, I feel like T-Block v. Nich was a case of huge overstatements and things just getting blown out of proportion, and towards the end it felt very T v. T to me. Nich v. Grey I absolutely disagree with you on and I feel like Nich actually looked pretty good there, and I agree with a lot of his rebuttals to Grey's...argument, plan, idk what it is or what he is trying to do in respect to Nich but I thought he handled it pretty well there.
However, there is no way I can see Nich v. Grey as S v. S and this:

I disagree with. I think that you genuinely think that Grey is conflicted, but I don't think that Grey's interactions with Nich are genuine at all. Calling Nich a "liability", that he's either dumb or scum, stating that he is a scummy player and then following all that up by saying he's just trying to help him does not feel genuine. And Ryker is not one to focus that heavily on someone he doesn't think is scum and derail himself that far from scumhunting out of fear that scum will be able to push a mislynch on Nich if he is town. And in fact he's done nothing else but give out town reads on Swiss, Nabe, and T-Block, and state his dislike of Ran all unsubstantiated and without one shred of scumhunting behind it.

Reyth, I like what you have presented on Nich, but I can't see Nich/DeGrey scum team. For me to believe that Nich is scum, Grey has to convince me that he is town.
I am a little confused about your stance on Nich, July. Your initial posts make it seem like you think the case on Nich consisted of overblown points, but then you say you like Reyth's points, which is very much in line with the original case. And then, your defense of Nich becomes very very focused on his interaction with DG. Something doesn't line up, but I can't pinpoint it exactly. Can you give your current stance on Nich, and the full reasoning behind it?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker

Why is TBlock town? Content me up baby. Make it as brief as you want, but I want that read.
In the situation I outlined, VT or unprovable PR falls under easy mislynch.

Shh! Don't say **** like that.

What do I gain from calling him scum at this point?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
And let's see if I can get a response from Swiss on that post before he sees this one.

TBlock's probably town because he wouldn't be doing anything that facilitates progress at this point. No, he'd be doing things that looked like they were making progress when they actually weren't. Shout-outs to his mechanics post, btw. Since then, he's been a main factor in moving forward though, unlike J/Vand.

You can read Kat better than me, so I'll ask you if he's going to be sidelining the game and phoning in content only when he feels it necessary or if he's going to get his hands dirty before page 13. Soup would normally, but I think he's gonna let Kat drive as his play would overpower most hydra partners.

T-block

B2B TST
I was pointing out to T block that if I was scum and he was town, that using a semi-RVS pressure vote to lynch him would be an idiot plan. Still catching up ATM.
Objection. Why would scum fencesit a wagon in RVS? It attracts more attention than simply joining the wagon ever would. Don't try to excuse it as newb scum, as I've been on this site for a long time.
Guys I might have to replace out if I die drowning in all this wine.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
You can't vote without Raziek's permission?
I dunno. Never played with the man before. Don't want to pollute his read. ;|

You'll see a vote by Sunday night seeing as I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to talk to him tonight or not.

Do you want me to talk about my stance on hydras and how different ones operate? It's extremely null and is more mafia theory discussion.

Comment on Kat?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
OK, on post #350 and catching up; gosh I hope its not another 5 pages...

T-block

B2B TST
Okay:

DeGrey - I think it's naive to label DG as scum from their play, and Reyth was touching on this earlier. Yes, I would like to see their play shape up, but they are null to me at the moment. I'm a little wary of the buddying, as scum Ryker has buddied me as town before, but in that game I was on him hard, which isn't the case here. Leaning town actually because I think they picked up on something, and if so, scum would not play the way they are playing. It's nothing conclusive by any means though, so other than that, they're null.

SoupaKatamari - Probably leaning scum overall, but very slightly... complete lack of logic in the earlier posts against me, but I treat that as null in Soup's case. I really wish they had elaborated more on the vote on Reyth in their 283, but whatever. I do not like the town read on Swiss, which they explain with "magic". Other than that, not seeing anything particularly townie out of them.

videogames.jpg - I'm fine with them. I don't think the accusations of not doing individual scum-hunting are justified, and I definitely don't get that impression from their play. Would like to see more from them though, especially the X1 head. Leaning town.

Nabe - Where'd this guy disappear to? He was asking a lot of good questions at the beginning, and his thoughts were lining up with mine, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for his lack of recent activity, with his most recent posts being only about Nicholas being an easy mislynch. Still leaning town overall, but not very strongly.

July - I think I don't like July overall this game. We were pretty in tune in Pizza (I consider her townie there for the most part, since we were looking to catch scum together), but I'm not really seeing her direction in this game. This is mostly because of the way she talks about Nicholas, and I would like to see her respond to my most recent post addressed to her. I think her behaviour with regard to SK is fine though. Leaning scum.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance - KK was right to call people out for being on Zen for inactivity without being on PLSD. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about them as well... Zen had at least posted to remind us he was still in this game lol.

Kawaii Kangaroo - J, what's going on? We're always pretty in tune, but I don't agree with much of your 403 at all. Can't really remember much from earlier posts of this hydra though. Leaning scum.

Zen - lol

Ranmaru - Having a lot of trouble reading this guy. I think his push on July was very odd... especially the part about her asking DG about Ran. Seems... faked(?) that he took so much issue with her asking that question. Null for now, but I'll have my eye on him for sure.

Reyth - I like him... he's probably my strongest town read right now. Contributes a lot and asks questions, and his thoughts line up with mine.

Swiss - Leaning scum, and I'm uncomfortable that people are clearing him as town. The content's been all right, but I see a contradiction in his behaviour towards Nich that he has yet to respond to. From what I hear of him, it may be naive to have him leaning scum based on this, but I have zero meta on him so it'll stay for now.

Nicholas - Still stand by my scum read on him. He's showing inconsistencies in his original push and his defense, and defends himself using misrepresentation and WIFOM - not something I would expect from a supposedly experienced player.

Should answer July's question. I'll get to Swiss' questions and will start doing stuff once I return home.

Top Bottom