• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Super no there. Your push is weak. If that analysis post, which I had no issue with, is your only reason for voting them, then you need to step back and realize there are better places for your pressure. If you have more, then enlighten me because it's all I've seen.

How about this? If you get half the votes necessary to lynch on KK, I will vote him.
You yourself aren't even pushing for ****. Now you are just asking others about Jpg because he is the most popular choice. Reyth is trying, you aren't.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
SK -- Openly declares a sheep vote on T-Block. Wrongly declares T-Block's vote of Nich as OMGUS. "wow interesting events"; just pings my gut and I did seem to get another gut view of SK over the TB-Nich as a sort of "scum glee" if you will, but just gut. Severe backpedaling and case reaching on T-Block; very populist. Then we have post #283 which was basically slapped together; I see no reason to assign a blanket town read to KK (even though my gut says town), so I assume this is a gut read. Says Nich is newb-town; this is an easy read to make but I would REALLY like to see the town reasoning on this because newb is not a faction. T-Block is not scum but needs more content, OK. Ran town for shallow questionnig that he follows up on OK, we agree. Swiss is town; no reasoning, just Swiss is town? From what? Grey is town for proactive; this is a meta read that I am unfamiliar with but w/e. I am scum for shallow questions (not shallow) while catching up; bzzzzt. July null for not enough content?? and Swiss gets a town read?? This analysis post is NOT genuine. PLSD null for no content (obvious). Based on the play this slot has exhibited: Scum
Dude, that formatting was horrible and I'm not sure what you're getting at. Is this your take on the reasoning for his reads or something he said or what?

I'll get back to you tomorrow sometime, but I stand by the fact that I took no issue with the analysis post. It let me know where they stood in no uncertain terms which was more than enough for me. You'll have to sell me on why it's not genuine and I dunno if you can do that. Also sell me on why SK should die over KK or Prehistoric No Posts.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
You yourself aren't even pushing for ****. Now you are just asking others about Jpg because he is the most popular choice. Reyth is trying, you aren't.
So? Am I wrong to correct people who are wrong when I see them? Did I ever say I was pushing for a lynch right now? Am I supposed to let people run down avenues I think lead to dead ends?

What did you get from making this post? What did you take from my answer?

July

Smash Apprentice
Okay let's just start out this post simple and concise

Unvote
Vote: Videogames.jpg

FoS: DeGray

These two people we dislike thoroughly. We have yet to see a post from VG.jpg that we actually like. Their reads thus far have been pretty much consistent nulls and as Ranmaru has brought up, when they have a slight scum read it's weak or has someone else backing it as well. They have not done much individual scum-hunting. We also didn't care for the way we think the X1-12 side of the hydra dealt with Nich. He had a point on pressure voting but the way he went about it was so very odd.

@Video: You seems annoyed at Zen for not posting, yet you don't ask him questions on things. In fact I have a better question for you, why aren't you pressuring PLSD as well? He hasn't even posted for real in this game yet. Also did you honestly say that because of the size of Reyth's post he is town? :urg:

(Side note: Zenny, please post. For this sexy side at least. ;) Tell us what you think on VG.jpg/DeGray/SK. Thanks.)

Next is DeGray and his blatant just idiocy it seems. He throws out a bunch of town reads in one of his first posts, buddies people, and the way he talks to Nich was so very off. "We can save you from being an ML.". Look we all know it's Ryker posting but regardless of that, it's still just as scummy. He hasn't done much else besides just his blatant poking and prodding at Nich but for pretty dumb reasons. "You are free dude!" "Do you think you scare me?" In fact I'd like to bring up something, Nich lays down an FoS on DeGray and he just says "Do you think I care?" which is disgusting to look at. (not to mention his "No one comment on my posts besides the one they are directed to!")

Not to mention his font is annoying to read but I digress. :glare:

Speaking of, Nich vs. TB we feel is TvT most likely. We love July this game. Her post about DeGray is spot-on. We also like Ran to a lesser extant. Reyth is so perplexing and I like seeing him post. We have got our eyes on SK and Nabe because we don't know what to think of them yet. Swiss we are alright on atm (mainly because we get what he means in his post), but wanna see more from the cheese-head. :laugh:

Speaking of wanting to see more: @PLSD: Where are you? Can you please comment on something and also give some scum-picks.

That's pretty much it for this singular post, but stay tuned to the next one. :bee:
I agree with the Nich v. T-Block conflict as probable T v. T. How strong is your read on Nich, and do you think there is anyway Nich v. T-Block could be S v. S?

I am a little confused about your stance on Nich, July. Your initial posts make it seem like you think the case on Nich consisted of overblown points, but then you say you like Reyth's points, which is very much in line with the original case. And then, your defense of Nich becomes very very focused on his interaction with DG. Something doesn't line up, but I can't pinpoint it exactly. Can you give your current stance on Nich, and the full reasoning behind it?
I feel like particularly when Nich and T-Block went head to head with each other they both saw things about the other that they didn't like that at this point at least I think are minor (ex: T-Block's mechanics post, Nich's delayed vote) and those things got blown out of proportion because both thought the other was scum. T-Block's vote is still there and I think his scumhunting is genuine even if I don't agree with it. Videogames.jpg is there and have hung more on the parts that I feel were blown out of proportion, so that I don't like. Reyth brought a different perspective to it, I think because he looked at Nich as newb scum which made him pick up on things like cognitive distancing in his posts, and that is a valid point and I can definitely see where Reyth sees that. I like and respect Reyth's case on Nich. But Reyth stated at one point that he couldn't see town behaving that way, and I disagree; I think that Nich could be bad town, and I see that exemplified in the DeGrey v. Nich discussions. DeGrey messed with Nich, but I think it goes beyond just toying with him to aggrevate him; I think that DeGrey was aiming to manipulate reads on Nich because he was an easy target. Not to get him lynched right away, not to scumhunt on him, but to create confusion and doubt around the player slot. The Nich case has valid points, but I don't believe his motivations are scummy; I think he is scummy-acting town.

DeGrey, however, behind his "I want to help you" ploy with Nich, I do see scum motivations with. I see manipulation, an attempt to confuse and cast doubt on reads, and to actually bolster the chances of a Nich lynch for him being a "liability" somewhere along the line. In this sense, DeGrey v. Nich definitely affects my read on Nich, because I don't see this relationship as S v. S, Scum DeGrey v. Town Nich makes much more sense.

Okay:

DeGrey - I think it's naive to label DG as scum from their play, and Reyth was touching on this earlier. Yes, I would like to see their play shape up, but they are null to me at the moment. I'm a little wary of the buddying, as scum Ryker has buddied me as town before, but in that game I was on him hard, which isn't the case here. Leaning town actually because I think they picked up on something, and if so, scum would not play the way they are playing. It's nothing conclusive by any means though, so other than that, they're null.
What do you mean by this bolded part T-Block? I'm very confused by what you mean by this "if so, scum would not play the way they are playing".

Nabe - Where'd this guy disappear to? He was asking a lot of good questions at the beginning, and his thoughts were lining up with mine, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for his lack of recent activity, with his most recent posts being only about Nicholas being an easy mislynch. Still leaning town overall, but not very strongly.
I can agree to this, Nabe's early content was good but more is needed.

Should answer July's question. I'll get to Swiss' questions and will start doing stuff once I return home.
Yes this did answer my questions about your reads, thank you.

Random quote. This is totally tinfoil hat and all but the thought HAS occurred to me that this could be a complex bus of Nich by Grey. I have no evidence as of yet that Grey is scum but the thought of a bus is NOT out of the question for me. Once again, I need to see top scum suspects for Grey and a vote.
I really haven't considered Nich v. Grey as scum bussing, definitely been leaning T v. S with the conflict. This makes sense with your reads, haven't seen anything that makes me think it is true though to be completely honest.

@322 (Ran), 334 (July), I didn't answer a question? What question?

Oops just got a call to go somewhere, gotta catch up later.
It was from DeGrey's #238.

In the situation I outlined, VT or unprovable PR falls under easy mislynch.

Shh! Don't say **** like that.

What do I gain from calling him scum at this point?

:phone:
I'm really hurt that you addressed Swiss's questions but not ONE of the questions or issues I brought up and wanted you to address. And I'm completely underwhelmed by how little you seem to care, and how little content you have provided.

Oh July, she fully justified to me her reasoning on SK and their post. I could find nothing disingenuous there are all. My upgrade of her status is a loan based on her return with a solid scum read and vote.
No worries, I can provide you with a solid scum read on DeGrey. He definitely hasn't done anything to make me feel better about his interactions with Nich or his ability to scumhunt and he really doesn't seem to care.

Vote: DeGrey

I'm sure there have been other posts and more stuff I would like to address and I will deal with that later, right now going out with friends.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Grey: Well PLSD is a lurker and unless we have reason to believe he is scum right now, he would be an excellent vig target imo. KK is fine with me. I don't see any case against him at all. I think people are giving SK a pass for the other head and truthfully, the other head is lurking.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Degrey: Meaning get off your lazy *** and do something productive instead of asking others to convince you of who is scum. It's a reminder to you. Instead of telling Reyth to redirect his pressure else where, tell him why you believe it's wrong and get your neck out into the fray for once. If you don't take issue with his analysis than you shouldn't be caring why he's pushing for SK.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Well if you think in terms of a strong scum player with a weak partner; like Fate. Hey will drive the Greyhound over his partner and back up over him just to make sure. ;)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Degrey knows better and doesn't white knight. He catches scum and has better reads than 'Probably town'.

Hehe it made you seem scummy.

Btw, I still think Jpg > Degrey, Reyth.

Once Jpg responds to my questions I want your thoughts on his response.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ya I see .jpg as strong town. I know I have blind spots so I will pay attention but so far I am underwhelmed by the cases against him.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Whereas SK has been cutting a clear scum profile all game and hasn't let up at all.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
Hi. Laundry is V/LA and I haven't read anything nor do I plan on reading anything until his return.

A quick scan of this page yields a lot of OOC aggression from Ranmaru, especially since the things he's responding to don't look like they should warrant that type of reaction.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bah, get out of here. Explain why you think they shouldn't receive such a reaction.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Funny PLSD shows up like 5 mins after I mention his name in connection with being vigged.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Trying... Not.. To... Vote... The... Skim... Master... Dino.... ARRRRGH!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hi. Laundry is V/LA and I haven't read anything nor do I plan on reading anything until his return.

A quick scan of this page yields a lot of OOC aggression from Ranmaru, especially since the things he's responding to don't look like they should warrant that type of reaction.
Ok. What do you think of Zen?

Yeah, mighty coincidence. Vig me for all I care, I'm honestly not that motivated to read this game and probably still won't be after Laundry comes back.

From what I've seen Degray's comments towards you have been pretty mild in diction compared to what he's capable of posting. He says in thread that he's tired and that he'll comment on stuff toMorrow and you jump on him immediately saying that he should get off his lazy *** and do something instead of just arguing down lynches. Where did that aggression come from? Doesn't seem genuine.

And how should I know about Zen, I haven't read the thread yet. The only post that comes to mind is something about the thread being on crack.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@PLSD: If you had read the thread you would know that Grey has posted like "I"m the ***" with all kinds of ott stuff and hasn't even voted ONCE all game. He just recently came out with a scum list that appears as convenient to me. Frankly, he deserves any pressure he is getting.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
O MAN, I am so close to voting you and there IS the will in this thread to hang you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It comes from Degrey not doing shi-- oh well Reyth beat me to it lolz. Yeah, you'd know if you read the thread. Seeing this from you is pretty scummy, though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How many pages have you actually read, Sexy dance?

Also Reyth. You have found out our new hydra name. Sexy Skim Dino Master. Maybe could use a different adjective besides sexy to not copy Sexy dance up there. :p

And I thought one Ranmaru was bad enough. It seems we literally have two of them now.

I'll give you content when I damn well feel like it. If you have a problem with it, vote me and move on with your life. I honestly don't feel like being talked down on by an arrogant novice.

Ranmaru still playing really OOC.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Again, was this the only page you read, Sexy dance? Also explain how I am acting OOC.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What did you learn from the last page?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
And I thought one Ranmaru was bad enough. It seems we literally have two of them now.

I'll give you content when I damn well feel like it. If you have a problem with it, vote me and move on with your life. I honestly don't feel like being talked down on by an arrogant novice.

Ranmaru still playing really OOC.
This is brilliant. The experienced master skims 50 posts and enlightens us with his awesome (read totally off the mark) reads and tells anyone calling him on his terrible play a novice.

Wow I am very impressed.

Get back to me with some content if you want me to listen to you.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
@Swiss: If you'd oblige, don't explain why you're voting me/think I'm scum (I bet you're just itching to give some o' that good ol' fashioned reasoning mirite?) I'd rather hear DeGrey to explain why. You have waaayyy too many town reads too.

Also, I was interested if DeGrey was being genuine in his exchange with Nich. Surely a scum hunter of his calibre would not care if scum are trying to mislynch Nich? Wouldn't he be confident in his ability to spot them from a Kilometre away?

Good to see J doing a good job holding the fort down :D

Reyth has a case on SK and wants him dead. Degray doesn't agree with his reasoning and says what he has seen on the SK case is weak. You side with Reyth and then get all aggressive @ Degray for not doing **** and being lazy despite him saying he was tired. Zen is catchup up. July makes a caseish thing on Degray that I didn't bother reading. You think videogames is scummier than Dgray.

What I learned in 10 minutes of skimming.

night'

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Well I must say that is impressive. When he does catch up he will be quite te an asset if he is town. /sincerity

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Yes this game plays faster than other sites I'm used to; I'm also finding the content level to be somewhat richer.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Just me up to where J said he posted. Still catching up. I'll assume you give a reason for that vote there.
@Swiss: If you'd oblige, don't explain why you're voting me/think I'm scum (I bet you're just itching to give some o' that good ol' fashioned reasoning mirite?) I'd rather hear DeGrey to explain why. You have waaayyy too many town reads too.
Oh, make up your mind.

Interesting to note you're worried I have lots of town reads. It's not as if I always get town reads fast (and correct), is it?

Owait.

Yes this game plays faster than other sites I'm used to; I'm also finding the content level to be somewhat richer.
You must not be reading Ryker's posts.

Top Bottom