• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Prove it then, X1. I'm tired of people bluffing "Oh, bad case" without actually showing anything.

No. Its your job to convince me that your case is worthwhile, I think your case is crap and I'm gonna say that, I'm not gonna go into it and rip it apart for the sake of T-block because what would be the point?

I hate autocorrect sometimes. I mean I find it odd for any player that's posted so much, but X1 in particular, as he usually just has his own reads nobody agrees with.
what is this "odd" bull****?

Swissai said:
The honesty? Yeah I think he genuinely does think what he did was a good idea viz a viz pressure votes. The way he tries to steer the conversation away from him towards T-block, and his attitude towards him in general just makes me feel like he's falling back into blindly tunnelling mode again which I see townie intent for

Swiss said:
Ranmaru you are town. Go forth to LyLo.
First half I could understand. Second half - really?

T-block said:
DeGrey - I think it's naive to label DG as scum from their play
Naive? How/why

Reyth said:
Random quote. This is totally tinfoil hat and all but the thought HAS occurred to me that this could be a complex bus of Nich by Grey. I have no evidence as of yet that Grey is scum but the thought of a bus is NOT out of the question for me. Once again, I need to see top scum suspects for Grey and a vote.
Only town reach this hard.

Nich said:
Degray's play hasn't been helpful in any way, as he's just been insulting people and occasionally giving reads without any reasoning behind them, thus meaning he's either scum or bad town. Either way, he's a liability. Therefore, by HIS OWN IDEA, we should definitely lynch him.
textbook Butthurt Townie

#452: Degrey turns Nichs example of a player in another game to "Trying to apply someone else's meta to me" which I don't like at all.

I'm in the isle of wight for a couple of days this week, hopefully there's WIFI there, if not my main man Asdioh can do this shiz for me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

No. Its your job to convince me that your case is worthwhile, I think your case is crap and I'm gonna say that, I'm not gonna go into it and rip it apart for the sake of T-block because what would be the point?
The point is that I think you're bluffing and are just saying it's a bad case to fit in with the crowd. So prove me wrong, X1, if you can.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Anyway, at the moment my dislike list would be video, Degray, PLSD, and Zen (the first two are stronger reads then the last two, who have just been inactive).

Reyth

Smash Rookie
You clearly have not understood that everyone including myself have totally disagreed with your statement; I have posited that it is scummy as well.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Once again, find the intent of a post, not what you don't like about it, if you keep doing this you're bound to fall.

The point of that was merely to see who would just basically agree with me for no reason, and (most) people know that me and kuz have special meta with eachother vindictive of alignment, but what kuz posted was null tell, I was hoping to see if people would catch onto that.

:phone:

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Yes, I am getting a consistent vibe of a subtle desperation to grab onto a certain "conf-town" status. You know, how you can see people trying to get it. I have seen this in SK's posts.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I've already done that. I won't shut up though. Your over the top emotion is noted however.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Hopefully this will generate content.

MY POST!!__Eye apologise for not posting much at all, soup has put in the majority of the work (it's kat now). I cut this post short because it's late late late btw!

Also... soup needs skype
And then there are people like Zen, who literally HAVE done nothing, and will probably continue to do nothing for as long as we let them.
How do you plan to deal with this issue? If you were to place your vote between Dgrey and Zen, who would it be between and why??
Argagagagagagagagagag.What are you.
Well, swissy? What is he? also what went through your mind when Degrey announced it would never want to consider you as scum? This struck me as odd. How did your mind cope with the certainty? Because I know that is something you focus on and have focused on particularly with T-Block, yet this was a detail you missed iirc. Could you comment on it plz?Btw Soup was right I did like your intro post and your rapid-fire questioning and your executive style of posting! So did soup! Have you said amirite yet??
Here he talks as if he believes that Nich is town that is on a path to being mislynched and that he is trying to help him avoid that. I honestly don't understand how this all adds up, before he said that Nich was either dumb or scum, scum or easy mislynch that could be saved only with a pr, he called him a liability...so what is the real motivation here? If he thinks he is scum then he should be in support of his lynch. If he thinks he is an easy mislynch then we go back to the "liability" argument and then why is he trying to save him? And he has shown no inclination that he believes it is the last of his three options earlier proposed, and if it is then how does Ryker plan to help him?
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive...ard_280_718771a.jpg...^I think I agree! Reading back on the exchange happening at the time I have a similar train of thought to this. I need to think in more detail because the way Dgrey "helped" Nich, if that's what it's called, makes me think he saw something redeeming in him, which could explain why he's now placed the roo and zei above him (despite investing more time painting him super badly). Could this worth be, say, a glimmer of a town tell?, hence the term "easy lynch" as if to imply Nich is bambi in disguise?This is clouded by Degrey's attack - notably nich becoming "harder and harder to trust", becoming a liability, becoming a probable lynch that will happen later, on top of being scummy etc etc etc etc etc blah blah... Why would you want to help someone who's hard to trust? There's a lot that was said and this is where it confuses me. One would think Degrey's vote would be all over the elephant man It's not. It's nowhere. Adding to this, why would ryker's vote pollute Raziek but not the buildup to the vote itself? Raziek has checked this thread before. I thought this was an odd answer. Dgrey is coming across as odd to me!@Dgrey: what's your opinion on those that attacked Nich originally?also @vanz: ^what do you think of the above analysis? also eye don't agree with your read on jpeg. Why is he one of your top scum reads? How can you convince us?_Currently I'd most likely lynch between Zen/Dgrey/possibly T-Block, and where on earth is the sex dance of the prehistoric variety???. I'm content with the roo/swiss/ranmoomoo/definitely july/somewhat jpeg/and somewhat nich. I'll be more explanative tomorrow as it's 4am and I thought I'd get something out there as I promised soupa! Reyth is all mysterious... his presence scares me. I'd love you to go into detail as to what your bus theory is btw... also would you mind talking to me about what your mafia history is? And where is Nabe? I liked his direction at the beginning but now he's disappeared...

:phone:

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@SK: I have something I have noted about your latest analysis but I am going to hold it back for right now because I like allowing people to scum hunt and get the untainted results from their efforts.

My bus theory concerning Grey-Nich is really not a theory; its a potentiality. Its just something that could be possible and has at least some probability in that strong scum players will bus their weak scum partners very hard.

But I am not holding grey as scum yet, I just don't have the "warm and fuzzy townie feeling" from him.

I tend to be from the old school when it comes to mafia play. The days of policy lynches and forcing people to contribute or lynching them.

T-block

B2B TST
What benefit would Nich gain from a link between yourselves?

If he flips scum, do you think you'd be lynched?
If he flips town, do you think you'd be cleared?
Does this mean he cannot be Indie as he cannot be sure that you are not scum?
No, no and no.

These questions make no sense.

T-Block, what's your read on Reyth? Not just alignment, but as a player.
Town. It's hard for me to assess his strength as a player at the moment, but he is generating content for us now, which is great. I'll get back to you on this if you want.

I am, but who did you hear that from? Who in this game do you know? Walk me through your mafia experience thus far.
Just from around DGames - not from anyone in particular. The DGames tier list thread would be one place.

I've played with everyone in this thread except for Kat, Nabe, vand, Ran, Reyth, Swiss, Nich. Played in Pizza, Dexter, Ducktales, and a game that's currently ongoing here.

Curious.

Why are you sure DeGrey is town?

Why do you know.
I'm not. In my original post I quoted only the ego part, not the whole "town with an ego".

T-block

B2B TST
Random quote. This is totally tinfoil hat and all but the thought HAS occurred to me that this could be a complex bus of Nich by Grey. I have no evidence as of yet that Grey is scum but the thought of a bus is NOT out of the question for me. Once again, I need to see top scum suspects for Grey and a vote.
Not sure I like this post though.

Think with me here: if we were to lynch Nich and he were to flip scum, would any of us clear DG on that? I certainly wouldn't.

I see in your latest post that you say it's just a potential situation. So there's nothing that really suggests that this particular case is what's happening, right? In that case, I wonder why bring it up at all?

T-block

B2B TST
I feel like particularly when Nich and T-Block went head to head with each other they both saw things about the other that they didn't like that at this point at least I think are minor (ex: T-Block's mechanics post, Nich's delayed vote) and those things got blown out of proportion because both thought the other was scum. T-Block's vote is still there and I think his scumhunting is genuine even if I don't agree with it. Videogames.jpg is there and have hung more on the parts that I feel were blown out of proportion, so that I don't like. Reyth brought a different perspective to it, I think because he looked at Nich as newb scum which made him pick up on things like cognitive distancing in his posts, and that is a valid point and I can definitely see where Reyth sees that. I like and respect Reyth's case on Nich. But Reyth stated at one point that he couldn't see town behaving that way, and I disagree; I think that Nich could be bad town, and I see that exemplified in the DeGrey v. Nich discussions. DeGrey messed with Nich, but I think it goes beyond just toying with him to aggrevate him; I think that DeGrey was aiming to manipulate reads on Nich because he was an easy target. Not to get him lynched right away, not to scumhunt on him, but to create confusion and doubt around the player slot. The Nich case has valid points, but I don't believe his motivations are scummy; I think he is scummy-acting town.

DeGrey, however, behind his "I want to help you" ploy with Nich, I do see scum motivations with. I see manipulation, an attempt to confuse and cast doubt on reads, and to actually bolster the chances of a Nich lynch for him being a "liability" somewhere along the line. In this sense, DeGrey v. Nich definitely affects my read on Nich, because I don't see this relationship as S v. S, Scum DeGrey v. Town Nich makes much more sense.
I feel that you have the wrong impression of the original confrontation. Nich's push on me wasn't for the mechanics post at all. My push on Nich began with the delayed vote, but he didn't become an actual scum pick until he started showing inconsistencies in his reasoning, which is what Reyth was getting at. That should have been clear, but if you missed it then whatever.

Are you able to provide a read outside of the interaction with DG? Judging on his actions alone, is Nich still town that showed some poor play? Why or why not?

Moreover, if we were to lynch DG, how would his town flip or scum flip affect your read on Nich?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Really nice to see Reyth's 354, it's a fresh perspective, really good for checking my reads. I agree vehemently with his examination of Nich, he's a full scum read as of 354. A lot of insight into July and her being a thorough player, that's something I've never noticed but it's definitely valid looking back. I have a scum lean there, I haven't decided if it has anything to do with alignment but I do think she's playing differently.

I don't buy it, Ran, I know it's really HepAlien.
I already made this joke with Vand. Have you read the thread?

376/377 from Reyth re: 155 shows off what's IMO a Nich slip, feeling really good about a Nich lynch.

I think that you genuinely think that Grey is conflicted, but I don't think that Grey's interactions with Nich are genuine at all.
Is there any reason for the bolded phrase? You could've said just the last and held your Reyth read to yourself. The rest of the paragraph following this is argumentation as well. Out-of-place.

Is "dumb or scum" a buzz word? Because that phrase was first used by only Nich to apply to T-Block...?
Yes. There was a hubbub a while back about it as well. Sometimes it accurately describes the situation (i.e. is this person dumb or scum?) but more often than not it's used as a means to throw away an argument and/or cast someone in a bad light.

@Nabe: I think Nichs just a dumb townie, look at stuff where he says "I'm a bit iffy on pressure votes being scummy though." just looks massively like butthurt townie who doesn't like what I attacked him for.
Up to just now I'd have agreed with you. I really think that's a slip from Nich though. Did you read 377? In this 387 you're very against a Nich vote, is the above the only reason why?

I was pointing out to T block that if I was scum and he was town, that using a semi-RVS pressure vote to lynch him would be an idiot plan. Still catching up ATM.
Obviously that's what you intended to convey, or if you're town that's what you intended, period. That goes without saying and this post is meaningless. IMO there's a scumslip.

After Fire Emblem, color me skeptical of your scumhunting skills, Zen.

You're one to talk, X1. You got played just as hard as I did. (OS wasted all of D2 by simply antagonizing you.) You realize there's a reason nobody believed you when you were foaming at the mouth about OS-scum?
What is the point behind these two statements? I understand if you're salty about FE but the second especially is bad, hypocrisy doesn't make a point less valid. It's a minor point, but still this is dismissive.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
votecount:

T-block -
Kawaii Kangaroo - Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance, Swiss,
SoupaKatamari - Nabe, Reyth,
Nicholas1024- T-block,
Videogames.jpg - Nicholas1024, Ranmaru, Kawaii Kangaroo,
DeGrey - July,

Not voting: Degrey, Zen, SoupaKatamari, Videogames.jpg,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 1st, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Really nice to see Reyth's 354, it's a fresh perspective, really good for checking my reads. I agree vehemently with his examination of Nich, he's a full scum read as of 354. A lot of insight into July and her being a thorough player, that's something I've never noticed but it's definitely valid looking back. I have a scum lean there, I haven't decided if it has anything to do with alignment but I do think she's playing differently.
And do you realize that Reyth has since decided that I'm townie?

376/377 from Reyth re: 155 shows off what's IMO a Nich slip, feeling really good about a Nich lynch.

Obviously that's what you intended to convey, or if you're town that's what you intended, period. That goes without saying and this post is meaningless. IMO there's a scumslip.
My 155 was a lack of proofreading. I've been doing a lot of posting (and reading) from my mobile phone, you've all seen plenty of cases where I've had to EBWOP. To crucify me for this one post seems odd, since aside from that you haven't pointed out anything I've done wrong.

What is the point behind these two statements? I understand if you're salty about FE but the second especially is bad, hypocrisy doesn't make a point less valid. It's a minor point, but still this is dismissive.
There are two dislikes I have displayed in those posts that are totally unrelated to this game. Arrogance, and being blamed for the mess that was FE mafia. The first was basically a note to Zen that I won't be intimidated by his rep (ESPECIALLY after FE), and that he'd better actually have done some good scumhunting and have an actual case. The second didn't really have that much of a point in the context of this game, aside from being related to my reputation as a mafia player. I will NOT be blamed for that game, there was no coherent case against me.

Anyway Nabe, I'm curious. Why are you going after me now? The timing doesn't make much sense. Reyth (aside from my #155) hasn't really brought up anything new against me, and before that you seemed rather neutral on me vs T-block (and you JUST said that up until now you'd have agreed with X1 about me-town). And do you really have NO other important reads at this stage of the game? Not to mention as a pressure vote this makes 0 sense, since the wagon on me is basically gone at this point. So it must be real... but does that ONE post really change your read that much? You yourself mentioned that my explanation was obviously what I intended to post, and I've obviously not done much proofreading just by glancing at the number of times I've had to EBWOP or double post because I forgot something.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Not sure I like this post though.

Think with me here: if we were to lynch Nich and he were to flip scum, would any of us clear DG on that? I certainly wouldn't.

I see in your latest post that you say it's just a potential situation. So there's nothing that really suggests that this particular case is what's happening, right? In that case, I wonder why bring it up at all?
I brought it up because July mentioned that she couldn't see Nich AND Grey being scum together. That reminded me of the thought I had earlier and so I mentioned it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe, tell us your thoughts because I think it's been a while what you think on a few things. Ran/VG.jpg/TB reads update. Whatcha think? Also you seemed to express a like for DeGray's posts. Can you go into detail as to why?
Hard reads to make. Ran town, VG idk, TB town lean. VG hasn't posted enough, or at least not enough before post 400 which is where I'm at. Ran is just hard to read but I don't see connections between him and others, and I don't see scum posturing. TB could be posturing in a few posts and his tunnel on Nich is aggressive, but I like that he didn't fully sign on to Reyth's Nich read and questioned him on it. He could've tried for a wagon.

Not sure what you mean by expressing a like for DeGray's posts. A Ryker read is elusive and changing like the tides, and generally I try to rely on others to read him for me. Reyth has a decent read on him that I like, and he wouldn't be so obvious about setting up a Nich lynch, as Reyth said as well. Although Reyth meant it in a general "why would scum do that" sense, it makes sense when it's Ryker specifically. I'm not a fan of his posts, but I'm eager to see Raz show up and to hear more from the two of them, since as Ryker said he's being somewhat reserved until then.

Curious.

Why are you sure DeGrey is town?

Why do you know.
This is cool, I didn't notice this.

You called it, this is a bit paranoid. You should look at individual scum rather than connections until after a flip. Although you don't note connections either so idk why you brought this up.

There's a Nich/DeGray XvX around 450 that's different from the T-block/Nich XvX earlier. DeGray is right in that Nich needs to express his point more correctly, the rest of this is just BS.

There's a lot of Reyth/Swiss and Reyth not getting Swiss which is natural. Reyth drops the issue where I'd have kept going as scum if faced with Swiss anew.

Liking Swiss' exam on Ran and fully understanding what he thinks of his result. Swiss voiced a town read on Ran earlier though which is a bit incongruous. Town on Swiss despite that, he jumps reads often enough as town.

Really weird 500 from Ran that assumes to know why Swiss thinks KK is scum.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Zen has been upgraded to Scum from Bad, congratulations!

I'm down for a Zen lynch here.

Top Bottom