• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Brawl Singles
1: M2K
2: Ally
3: ADHD
4: Gnes
5: zex
5: Tyrant
7: Tearbear
7: Rich Brown
9: UltimateRazer
9: ESAM
9: Larry Lurr
9: Atomsk
13: Krystedez
13: SK92
13: Trela
13: HAVOK
17: FOW
17: Rain
17: Earth
17: Inui
17: Logic
17: Trevonte
17: Seibrik
17: HRnut
25: Shaky
25: GimR
25: KiraFlax
25: MVD
25: Anuar
25: Denti
25: MikeHaze
25: Choice
33: Adroscos
33: NickRiddle
33: FishBait73
33: JeepySol
33: Sky
33: The Nanerz
33: Filip
33: Poltergust
33: Zekey
33: falln
33: Biglou
33: X
33: weruop
33: Supersmashtwins
33: Nerd
33: kismet2
dez, and flax, who did you guys beat (the notable names, whether it was pools or bracket)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
13th at genesis, used pit like...

twice in pool 1
three times in pool 2
four times in bracket

so like...9 times? lol...

I lost twice with him against Atomsk's Dedede... *sigh*~

So like 9/32 give or take games, so like ...

30 % :pit: 70 % :wario:

Sorry guyz :( Dont even put my results up for this if anyone tells ya to, because Pit was strictly secondary-material this time, which I shoulda used him more for DEHF in pools and UltimateRazer in bracket ...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Don't apologize. You did what you had to do lol. I do agree you should of gone pit on DEHF. Idk about razer though...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Are you serious? Way to go guys, going limp on the snake matchup like that. The dude was so readable when I was playing as wario, but when I camped he camped back. Pit can take that match up to new heights, especially on a stage like Rainbow Cruise or FD, both stages I lost on with wario (FD I lost legit, RC I lost because I sd'd my first stock away with a 80 percent lead, and I had 30...)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no no no, don't get the wrong idea krystedez. im saying your pit isn't ready for razer's snake like your wario is. you've played that MU with wario enough to know it inside and out. Razer has the experiance of being an ex pit main, esca, and myself to know all their is to know against playing pit, and unless you play a top level snake like him often with pit then your wario is the better choice for now. the snake MU and the razer MU are 2 separate entities good sir

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
maaaaybe my pit is on a sublevel from my wario then because he was pretty easy game 1, got some lucky grabs game 2, and got a free timeout on game 3.

Pit would have done way better on FD or RC especially, trust me, I play this mu quite a lot compared to others where I THOUGHT I was confident in like Shiek or Dedede. Snake... I counter his overall character with Pit.

Ill tke your word for it that Razer's snake is good, but just like I have less respect for ex pit mains that come in filling us with garbage that is 2 years old like a certain someone did, I don't expect them to know the current BEST metagame Pit has to offer.

I played superboom's snake on FD and someone else's at genesis, and it's just such a simple mu. ban halb, watch snake go FD, camp and out prioritize him in the air, you've won with pit. he bans brinstar, go RC, and use every bit of gayness on that stage to win, which wario can do but not NEARLY as good as Pit can.

My Wario can be on leagues and bounds above my pit in this mu, but it won't matter character wise on those two stages. The only thing I noticed about Razer's snake was that he wasn't completely stupid on RC. He knew to stay the hell away. Which doesn't work on Pit.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit vs snake is so fuuuuuuuuun!!!! It's like 100x better than the ditto(ugh ima have to do SOOO MANY DITTO'S at apex i bet...-.-) But that's not why i said you shouldn't. I just said it for all the reasons maha listed and cuz i've seen razers style. He seems like he'd be good at getting in and using explosives right unlike most snakes.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I suck at camping snake with pit, therefore I suck at the match-up. If you can camp him (it happens to me from time to time so I know) it seems definitly easier thant snake wario.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Crème de la Crème Tournament [24.06-26.06]
7.th / ~ 40
Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/y1GgS.gif

* I got first in Pools that's why had a bye first round
* went all Pit / GnW
* cyve was also there, he got 17.th

Brawl in Berlin 2 - ROAD TO APEX [29.08-31.08]
9.th / ~ 77
Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/gYeZL.gif

* my best placing at a major EU tourney so far
* I had to leave in Midtiers :/ But I got bracket ***** by semifer (he got disqualified) anyway
* went all Pit / GnW

My next tourney (a small one tough) is already at the end of the month. I'm aiming for GFs in singles and teams this time... I hope I'm able to.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Alrighty, finally updated! whew, that took a while! Next time, I'll try to stay on top of this, but the reason I haven't been updating as much--seems like yall don't appreciate, but w/e. not doing it for you guys, but bcuz I started it, got to finish it--luke 14:28.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That's not true :( many of these results inspire me. Like i look back at 08 and see danny wrecking Fl...brings a tear to my eye and makes me want to bring that terror back here again. And then i see how koolaid did at VC...your work definitely doesn't go unappreciated. It's like a historical encyclopedia of pits. :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I don't think you understand how much this listing means to us, Gadiel. I think it really is inspiring, and we definitely couldn't have a better person keeping track and listening to us. Thank you for that.

Top Bottom