• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Kinda getting sick of this game but asdioh wants me to respond since this post is aimed at me really
Are you read up?
What do you think of Nich's points against me?
Am I alone in taunting Nich? Am I justified in it? Which posts do you see as wasting time?

Do you agree with Asdioh's lynch ordering? (given that lines like "I know that's pretty weak but it's all I have" suggest that you're on-board with my lynch and trying to convince Reyth of it)
Yes

Skimmed most of them because if I see a wall and the first paragraph or two are terrible I give up on them, I do feel like he's reaching and that nearly everything you're doing (or not doing) could be done by town Nabe also

No, you're not alone in taunting, and no I don't think you're justified in the extent to which you are pushing him, The feel I get from your posts is not dissimilar to some of OS' play in FE and your manner looks as though you are baiting him into making reaching/weak cases so that when you dismiss them you give the appearance of being town.

Not entirely. I don't really have an ordering personally atm but would lynch any of you/Swiss/Ran/SK/DG/PLSD toDay. (unordered list)

@Bold: I don't see how that comes across as trying to convince Reyth, I don't remember the circumstances exactly but iirc its just my explanation for my dislike of you. The line "I know that's pretty weak but it's all I have" is just because many of my tells for you are either gut or kinda inarguable (i.e how I feel you were appealing to me in the last paragraph of #631 - yet I know you could easily dismiss that as merely you vs Nich so there's no point even trying to use that as evidence against you)

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Kat: Asdioh had a town read on Nabe originally and I had no read, when discussing reads over AIM I asked him about Nabe and he was just like "iono, I used to get town feels from him" to which I just said wasn't enough for us to list him as a town read

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
KK: Again, I ask if you agree with the case Nich has made against me. Commit to some manner of reasoning for your vote on me with deadline coming up plx.
You never asked me that, but yes I agree with Nich's push on you and I agree with Kat's recent #2719. I also agree with what July has said to you as well. I admit I haven't read the last few walls between you and Nich, but I agree with his point that you haven't really shown genuine scum hunting. You've asked questions and given reads, but a lot of the time your reads don't line up with what you're actually doing.

It's alarming to me that Swiss is your #1 scum read (in #2709), than PSDL is 2nd, and that July/us are tied for 3rd... Yet Nich doesn't make the cut? Not so long ago your vote was on him... what happened there?

@SoupaKat: We're going to have many kangaroo babies together :awesome:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I am on record at this moment:

I do not like Nabe's scum list at all. I do not like his push of SK at all. I like SK's case on him and need to see his defense.
By the bolded, you mean specifically that you don't like my reasoning for SK, or are there other things as well? What don't you agree with in my SK reasoning?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nabe, claim. You're the most likely lynch (currently at L-3, and Ran-double voter has expressed interest in your lynch) and deadline is tomorrow.

Repeat,

DEADLINE IS TOMORROW.

#HBC | Nabe

No, you're not alone in taunting, and no I don't think you're justified in the extent to which you are pushing him, The feel I get from your posts is not dissimilar to some of OS' play in FE and your manner looks as though you are baiting him into making reaching/weak cases so that when you dismiss them you give the appearance of being town.
I'm a couple votes from being lynched; if my plan is supposed to be playing like scumOS, I'm doing a pretty terrible job.

@Bold: I don't see how that comes across as trying to convince Reyth, I don't remember the circumstances exactly but iirc its just my explanation for my dislike of you. The line "I know that's pretty weak but it's all I have" is just because many of my tells for you are either gut or kinda inarguable (i.e how I feel you were appealing to me in the last paragraph of #631 - yet I know you could easily dismiss that as merely you vs Nich so there's no point even trying to use that as evidence against you)
It's the wording. The phrase "but it's all I have" is a justification of "I know it's pretty weak". It suggests that you wish you had more, which would be the case if you wanted to convince someone I'm scum. The phrase in its entirety suggests that you feel you have to justify a scum read on me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote count:

T-block - Ranmaru,
Nich -
Nabe - Nicholas1024, Kawaii Kangaroo, SoupaKatamari, July,
Ranmaru - T-block, Gova,
Swiss - Degrey, Videogames.jpg, Reyth, Nabe,

Not voting: Swiss, Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance,

Deadline is set for Tuesday, August 9th, at 3:00 p.m. EST
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

PLSD has been prodded again. He may be replaced or modkilled during the next phase if he doesn't post before deadline.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I've been keeping up with the game. I know most of the important stuff like claims and Zen's gambit on Ran which was pretty hilarious to watch. Anyways I have to go to school, so I'll be back later.

#HBC | Nabe

^a lot of this is irrelevant to what our analogy insists :grin: Grey's original reasoning is here. Grey's justified reasoning is here. The analogy is nothing short of spectaculoso :awesome: Wii're thinking that no victim should crumb flavour pertaining to their killer, right? So in light of Grey's reasoning, what do you think of our thoughts? Do you agree/disagree? I'm unclear as to what your stance is on the issue.
I disagree, because I think the victim might crumb. The victim might crumb to draw doc, or to legitimize themselves later in any event where that becomes necessary (lylo where killer cc's victim, or in event of a lynch). If they didn't realize they were a killer target prior to Grey's claim, they might not have had anything to crumb at all i.e. they're a VT, although it's also possible that they would be a PR who didn't think it necessary to crumb prior to realizing vic status.

Wii're also interested in your option c) - why would you expect an indy killer to crumb the way Jpeg did in that situation?
Because the killer would be interested in looking like a) or b).

Wii don't think you should be THAT vilified - you described us as scummy/garbage etc... accusatory words -> when wii analysed in finer details, this looked to be based on a single event from page 4 with a side salad of nothing else you can remember. Can you see why wii're concerned? The read looks too quaint amongst hundreds of other actions left to analyse, which are dumped as null and in the void. You're proving yourself either lazy or in need of talking drivel :awesome:
"Nothing I can remember" --> because your posts aren't memorable. I can't quote an entire game of posts and say "this proves that his posts aren't memorable" but that doesn't make it less of a point. If I were forming a case against you, I would be forced to ISO and prove that point -- right now we're talking about my reads, not a case, and you're tossing it to the side because it's a little nebulous. Meanwhile you're focusing on this page 4 point, and suggesting it's the sole factor in my read when it isn't.

Btw could you link us to your most recent page 4 reasoning on us so wii can show you why it's an off read in a bid to not repeat ourselves?
You have to be ****ing kidding me. I bring this up most recently in 2709 (a post containing a whole list of posts that need a response from you), and in other posts as well. It's 2312.

This is an issue then - it looks selective because you've accounted for a mistake wii made but never accounted for the mistake Degrey made in the wording of their role pm when Raziek "messed up". You've accounted that our role is partially confirmed and ready to be confirmed moreso, but you never accounted for Grey retracting an ability that pertained perfectly to the flavour of Hermione [which begs the question - what else is it capable of conjuring up?], and looked for a questionable crumb that attracts a killer hunting for said flavour! "On the face", our role SHOULD be better. It could be scum? Any role could be scum.
Wording mixup can be explained by two-heads, Grey retracting the gov ability has a potential town explanation in that he wanted to protect VG i.e. what Grey has already said, looking for the crumb as I've said is something I believe is viable as well. All of that is null, like the rest of Grey's claim: he can offer explanations for problems, regardless of whether or not the explanations are valid. You haven't offered explanations for the problems I have your claim, nor could you; the ability-naming is obviously unexplainable, and Swiss suggests that you've never played Ocarina of Time and shouldn't have had reason to confuse OoT with LoZ. That's not null like Grey's is, thus your claim is worse on the face.

"It feels like an OS role" though --> when you sleep tonight, suffocate yourself :awesome:
"Know It All" --> OS-style name
Voting-based restrictions and mod info --> OS-style role
I appreciate the anger but I'm right in this much, regardless.

o i was talking moreso about having doubts than defences, which all quotes exhibit. Maybe you skimmed, again, bahaha :awesome:
ok

The "supported by" comment: wii expected you to say nothing - reyth was conveying his points well here, your comment just looked subsidiary... like it plodded along to ensure any air of doubt on grey wasn't breathed.
ok

#2252 "makes sense" of grey's questionable actions despite him saving someone you think is a potential killer... -> Yes you did ask him if it was necessary... yet in the post above that you explain to jpeg how his actions were necessary in their town-driven motivation >___> Him pushing our gov claim as a fake gov claim would have been answered by your explanation to jpeg also. The only thing you questioned here, really... was his negative response to you... anyone would be anxious over that.
ok

curiously if you were wrong about nich and jpeg, who would you look into?
You. =/ What kind of question is this?

I would too, actually, but not based on the disagreement. Still, what about their disagreement made you feel certain in your decision to fry them? :grin: Was this the turning point that made them jump to scum #2?
It was a combination of this, and them pushing that Grey could only be doing X when he clearly could also be doing Y.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13145598&postcount=2709

Can you please please link your references in a game this big?
one sec

#HBC | Nabe

SK -- 1921 (quoted proof of the early-game point with captioning), 2308, 2312, 2413 (so far unexplained), 2425 (inconsistent). Also factoring in recent near-deadline absence which will result in an easy squeeze through my lynch without having to answer to my questions. 2429 encapsulates the majority of this, and 2553 is valuable also (a response to July about SK's claim).
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13099273&postcount=1921
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13109454&postcount=2308
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13109606&postcount=2312
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13123472&postcount=2413
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13124646&postcount=2425
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13124890&postcount=2429
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13135840&postcount=2553

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@mod: Have you prodded the individual player accounts, or just the hydra?
I only PM the hydra accounts, as that is what they sign up with. No mercy is given.

#HBC | Nabe

It's alarming to me that Swiss is your #1 scum read (in #2709), than PSDL is 2nd, and that July/us are tied for 3rd... Yet Nich doesn't make the cut? Not so long ago your vote was on him... what happened there?
Are you... anyway. Look at the post again; my scumreads are above the "/scumreads" line, they're VG and SK. And Nich told me not to include points against him since he felt we'd covered it and that he was clearly my #1 read (and he still is obviously).

#HBC | Nabe

[collapse=Response to Nich (2637)]
Let's see if I have Nabe's position right.

1) Only posting reads when asked for them and never posting reasoning is a perfectly normal town play.
I'd love to see you quote me on that, haha. But no, obviously that's not my position.

2a) One should never post one's important reads with reasoning, it's anti-town. It's better to hide said important info like "I think player X is scummy for this."
Again, I'd love to see a quote on that. In reality, posting scumreads and lynching them is important, while trumpeting and pushing townreads isn't; townreads can stay close to the vest, and some scumreads at times as well. But a player should always be supporting a lynch, with appropriate reasoning that they stand by until their lynch goes through.

2b) Every read Nabe has is completely fleshed out with info in the thread (How this coexists with point 2a is a mystery). Of course, he's not going to dig up the quotes when I ask for them, since they don't actually exist.
Since 2a) is entirely wrong, it's pretty clear how this point would coexist. Anyway, cleared up since I've posted my reads and reasoning, yes?

3) All people are townie until proven otherwise, there's no such thing as varying levels of town reads.
:) Almost. There are town tells, but they're not as important. Scumreads are; gotta lynch scummy people. It seems to me that if a situation has potential town and scum motivations behind it, and no reason to think that one or the other is more likely, then it's null.

4) Swiss is scummy because unlike the other lurkers, he's trying to actually do something besides lurk. Of course Nabe doesn't provide any details on what that something is (or what he thinks it is), just that Swiss isn't completely inactive and therefore scum. Right...
By asking me about Zen and PTSD and why Swiss is scummier than them, you set up a specific frame of reference between those three. Between the three of them, yes, Swiss is scummiest because he's trying to accomplish something. Zen is least scummy. Compared to other players, Swiss obviously isn't scummier, which is explained in my recent list.

5) One of the reasons that Video is scum because the two hydra heads disagree with each other. (Someone please inform me why the two hydra heads disagreeing is scummy. Sure, it might be scum trying to flip flop on a wagon, but it could just as easily be 2 townie heads that disagree with each other's scum hunting. If I were part of a scum hydra, I personally would be careful not to contradict my partner...)
It's a strategy to appear overtly indecisive as a hydra; at the very least I did it in Pulp Fiction hydraing with X1. Hydras have private communication and they'll use it; public disagreement is always intentional because they choose to let us know, and thus is anti-town because it skunks up our reads of the slot, but specifically I'm reminded of PF where we did it as scum.

6) Nabe has no less than 9 people he would join in the lynch on.
Yes, it's an ordered list of every player I'd lynch.[/collapse]

#HBC | Nabe

The Appeal:

Lynch Swiss or PTSD. A lot will be gained from another Day -- the players who still need to respond to me will be forced to do so, and I'll finish my case on Nich. Right now a situation exists where people can blamelessly flip to my lynch at deadline without holding themselves accountable by agreeing with Nich's points. This will bite the town in the *** D2 when there are 3000 posts and no one knows where to start.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
By the bolded, you mean specifically that you don't like my reasoning for SK, or are there other things as well? What don't you agree with in my SK reasoning?
Specifically on SK you can call me a sucker or dumb or whatever you want just as others have but I am holding Link with his demonstrated power as town. His subsequent claim after my initial push on him lines up with the read I obtained during that push.

SK points out several inconsistencies in your play which appear to be generated by a scum mindset. SK has also has brought to my attention that I do not agree with your scum list at all.

Catching up on the new posts now. Looks like we have a replacement for Zen which is awesome.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I don't agree with Nich's case on Nabe at all.

Nabe has quite a few counter points to SK's post and I would like to see SK respond.

I do disagree with a scum read on SK from Nabe (although I am following his case as it progresses with their back and forth) and Nabe's .jpg suspicion I also disagree with.

Nabe and I agree on Grey as town however.

#HBC | Nabe

And you don't think the switch to PLSD will yield the same thing?
No, because as I've said I'll have my case on Nich toMorrow and people I thnk are dodging me will have to answer my questions instead.

I don't agree with Nich's case on Nabe at all.

Nabe has quite a few counter points to SK's post and I would like to see SK respond.

I do disagree with a scum read on SK from Nabe (although I am following his case as it progresses with their back and forth) and Nabe's .jpg suspicion I also disagree with.

Nabe and I agree on Grey as town however.
Answered the question I was going to ask for the most part.

What inconsistencies in my play did SK point out that you agree with?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Well you have started to answer them and the overall point revolves around your suspicion of .jpg based on his crumb and interactions with Grey.

This is something that I hadn't noticed earlier and I would like to see SK's response to your answers on it.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Or actually I noticed it but figured you were just scum hunting motivation etc and it didn't hold much wieght for me.

Swiss

Smash Lord
We need to hear from Nabe, Zen, Swiss and PLSD.
Yeah you do.

Now where did I leave that content?

Oh yeah, I NEVAH HAD ANY BRO. SWISS HAS BEEN SCUM ALL THIS TIME.

Not rly.

Well, maybe.

Also I hope people are going to look at Swiss eventually. He's probably coasted the hardest, after PLSD.
If I'mma do something, I'm gonna do it properly.

Nobody will be able to accuse me of coasting poorly. I ****ing nailed that coasting.

Anyway, I was lurking inactive.

Which one? Swiss doesn't really have a meta and just does whatever the hell he wants, regardless of alignment
I deny this vehemently.

Fo srs wagoning me?

Gawd guys. Chill.

Nabe has done much more than Swiss, the only reason Swiss gets away with it is through rep and his disarming demeanour
My cheeky attitude sees me to LyLo. Gawd, what am I like?

Wait, disarming? Don't I normally call you a ******?

See? I did it again. Right there.

So anyway here comes the srs content.

Jk.

SO ANYWAY GAIZ.

What are with these vote lists? And what did Swiss do?
I suspect it's what I didn't do that was the issue.

You know, the whole GAWD SWISS HAS BEEN BUSY AS HE WORKS 11 HOUR DAYS HE CAN'T STAY ACTIVE AND EVEN THOUGH WE ALL THOUGHT HE WAS TOWN WHEN HE WAS POSTING NOW THAT HE CAN'T POST HE MUST BE ****ING SCUM.

IT IS THE ONLY EXPLANATION.

Oh no wait, you're all ****ing *******.

So, here's the case against Swiss as I see it.

1) Swiss is supposedly lurking. As defined by the fact that he's not completely useless like Zen or PLSD (he's providing at least some content), but he's not completely caught up either.
2) See 1.
Defend me child.

LET SCUM FEAR YOUR MILD INTELLIGENCE.

Townies do it, but it's anti-town. It helps scum. It is a scum tell.

That isn't why I want Swiss lynched.
huh what why WHY MAN WHY

**** you guys are ********.

Anyone else notice DeGrey just pushing whatever the rest of town wants with out backing it up? First SK now swiss wtf

T block I don't really have much else to say to you other than I disagree with your ran scum case and if you truly feel that way i ask you to explore and elabortae on it further, or quote your iniial reasoning about his question play thing because I don't remember it.

Nabe I don't know what I ignored but it was probably something you said to j or somehig unimportan. I'll look when I get home.

:phone:
PLEASE DON'T BE TOWN.

bahaha okay
Vote: Swiss
You spent too long thinking this post through. Dislike.

I also dislike it because YOU'RE ****ING VOTING ME.

There are better cop choices than Ran, if that's what you're suggesting. Cop Swiss. Confirmed town Swiss is probably much stronger than confirmed town Ran, isn't it?

Reyth, are you willing to vote Ran toDay?
How do you know I'm not indie? You know who the indie is. Why is it you?

Big fan of me getting waggoned for being inactive then going more inactive.

Yeah, defend me NOW guys. Ha.

Vote: Nabe

Ryker is scummish, he doesn't go inactive if his game is going well.

PLSD can be scum, hey ho.

Shame that Vanz is confirmed town. Big fan of lynching him.

I forget the rest of my reads. Will read overNight.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
There was a chunk where Grey said that active lurking is a scum tell that was in a bad quote tag.

Top Bottom