• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would we cut Lucas for Claus, if anything we should cut Ness for claus but I don't want Ness cut

Just give earthbound 3 characters

Kantrip

Kantplay
Earthbound as a franchise does not need 3 characters. ness is a veteran who should not be cut. Lucas is a newcomer who has been in once as a luigified semi-clone.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No, Lucas should be cut, make Ness stronger and replace him with Claus, 3 Earthbound reps from a dying series aren't needed. <_<

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Basically all of the ideas I've had for Zero in Brawl can be incorporated into his (Masked Man) moveset. As he has a energy saber and arm buster, with the addition of PSI. I've been brainstorming a moveset that makes me want him badly.
Sometimes I think he would be similar to Saki. Use the tilts for sword swipes and the smashes for his blaster (which would combo together). I have trouble finding where to use his PSI, and I'm not totally sure how to incorporate it. I want them to actually like you would imagine Psychic attacks to be - incorporating Push/Vacuum effects with disjointed hitboxes and flashy particle effects. That's how I think they should be at least. Help with positioning your opponent, I suppose.

Anyway, you better post a moveset soon. >:I

And yehs. CUT NESS FOR MASKED MAN if need be. It's either Ness alone. Lucas/Ness or Lucas/Masked Man. Or Ness, Lucas, and Masked Man.

Then there's always Porky...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Earthbound as a franchise does not need 3 characters. ness is a veteran who should not be cut. Lucas is a newcomer who has been in once as a luigified semi-clone.
Agreed, if anything we shouldn't even have a 2nd rep because it's a semi dead series, but since we already have two rep, it would be fine.

:phone:

Waddle Dee moveset posted here:

Waddle Dee

Waddle Dee joins the fray! Since he has proven his individuality, I guess he's good enough to be one of the candidates. He's not likely though but I still like the guy. Oh and, as for that Vaati guy (Not Vaati from Zelda), Jr. isn't likely and Toad is considerable or likely (Arbitrarily saying).​

Stats

Waddle Dee is an extremely unique character who focuses on his precise shield poking and on-shield game. He also has a parasol that possesses unique features. Mainly, it's used as a shield during moments of rushing down and zoning the opponent. It can shield certain attacks. It can even shield FINAL SMASHES!

STR:

WEIGHT:

SPEED:

ATK SPD:

SHIELD:

SIZE:

JUMP:

RANGE:

AIR MOBILITY:

FALLING SPEED:

Special ability : Float

While Waddle Dee is air born, he can release his parasol to slow down his fall by moving the control stick upwards. While gliding, he can do all his aerials. He can stop gliding while using any specials or moving down the control stick.

Specials

Neutral Special : Parasol spin

Waddle Dee spins his parasol in front of him. It can reflect projectiles and fend off melee attacks. It also switches the enemy's direction like the cape. Each hit deals 3% damage.

Parasol spin is useful not because of its reflective mechanics but its ability to cancel once you go in contact with an enemy. This means that you can follow up another attack after this. For defensive uses, this has no limit or lasting time like Pit's shield. It can shield you against the following:

- Physical projectiles
- Magical projectiles
- Standard attacks

It is vulnerable against:

- Attacks from the back
- Attacks from the front
- Explosive projectiles
- Final smash projectiles
- Final smash melee projectiles

Forward Special : Parasol charge

Waddle Dee charges at the enemy using his parasol. It reflects all sorts of projectiles. It deals 10% damage.

Use this move to rush down campers/zoners. It goes through almost all sorts of projectiles even from final smashes such as Mario finale and Zero laser. It can also shield against energy based attacks such as Mario's f-smash but NOT Zelda's magical based attacks. The bad thing is that it is vulnerable to most melee attacks EVEN the quick and weak ones:

- All melee attacks (Including Zelda's)

It's invulnerable against:

- All projectiles
- All magical projectiles
- Mario's f-smash
- Zelda's specials
- Other magic based smashes and aerials
- Grabs

Downward Special : Parasol shield

Waddle Dee shields using his parasol. It reflects ALL melee attacks. It does no damage but it is vulnerable to most energy based attacks and grabs

Against rush downs, this move will be used a lot. It shields against ALL melee attacks and final smash melee attacks. It's unfortunately beaten out by most projectiles and it can be grabbed out of.

Upward Special : Parasol fly

Waddle Dee flies with his Parasol.

Nothing much to say actually about this move. It's Waddle Dee's main recovery. It can be extended by glide. You can't attack while using this move by the way.

Standard attacks

Neutral attack : Poke

Waddle Dee pokes the enemy with his spear. It deals 6% damage.

This can be done fast. You can hold A to machine gun it. A great move all around as a follow up and a combo starter. It's obviously not a good combo finisher. It's a great attack on shields since it has a weirdly noticeable effect on the shield. Rapidly using this on the shield might even make shields like Bowser's as small as Ness or Lucas.

Dash attack : Waddle Jump

Waddle Dee leaps at the enemy dealing 9% damage.

One of the better dash attacks in the game. Unlike most dash attacks, it's not easy to punish. It has a long lasting hit box. Just don't use it out of the blue. The overall speed is slow and easy to react to. It's best to follow it up from another attack or use it as a combo finisher since it has decent knockback.

Forward tilt : Parasol jab

Waddle Dee jabs the enemy with a parasol. It can be aimed diagonally up, down or just straight forward. It deals 11% damage.

One of Waddle Dee's spacing tools. This attack is powerful in general compared to Waddle Dee's moves plus it has long range. If you're planning to keep away the enemy, this move will fit you defensive game.

Downward tilt : Lower poke

Waddle Dee pokes the enemy's lower parts. It deals only 5% damage but it can be used rapidly if you click A a lot.

It's just like his neutral A but it hits lower and it can shield poke easily. It can also make enemies trip which leaves them for another attack. Note that it also has long range. Remember, it's not used for attacking shields. It's used for poking the open spots in the shield. Once the feet of the opponent (If they have feet) are exposed, use this move!

Upward tilt : Spear up!

Waddle Dee swings his spear upwards! It deals 7%. damage.

Great move as an anti air. Although, it's not a good move to use against ground attacks. The horizontal range is too short which makes the good priority of this attack useless against ground attacks. Against aerial attacks, this move will become a great benefit. Unless of course, the aerial attack has better range than this attack then the best option is to shield it or use Waddle Dee's parasol shield.

Smash attacks

Forward smash : Parasol swipe

Waddle Dee swipes the enemy with his parasol. It deals from 12 - 19% damage.

Great KO move in general and a good combo finisher. The ending lag is pretty or maybe a little noticeable compared to his forward attack. The range is still good but it's one of his attacks with shorter range. The attack is fairly quick overall. One more thing to add. It's also a good stand alone attack which means it can be used to spacing.

Upward smash : Open Parasol!

Waddle Dee closes his parasol........ Then........ HE OPENS IT! BAM! It deals from 14 - 23% damage. There is an effect if you hold A or hold the C stick (R analog) upwards. Waddle Dee keeps it there. The parasol can deflect ALL sorts of projectiles and melee attacks.

This is Waddle Dee's shortest ranged move. It seems out of place but it has some uses but unfortunately, he has better options than this attack. Unlike all his other moves, this has the TRUE potential to KO. It can also shield though if you hold A or keep the C-stick up but there's always the parasol shield or parasol charge. HOWEVER, the advantage of this over the 2 is that it can deflect all sorts of melee attacks and projectiles. It can't shield against Final smashes and grabs though.

Downward smash : Parasol spin around

Waddle Dee closes his parasol first then he spins it around him. It deals from 10 - 16% damage. There is an effect if you hold A or hold the C stick (R analog) upwards. Waddle Dee keeps it there. The parasol can deflect ALL sorts of projectiles and melee attacks.

Waddle Dee's quickest smash but it's also his weakest. It has quite long range actually and like the U-smash, you can also hold the A button or keep the C-stick (R analog) up to keep the parasol at its current position. It can also deflect the same thing the u-smash deflects. Despite the range, it's still a great spacing move really. Sure the range isn't as good as the f-smash but the thing is that this goes AROUND waddle dee. You might be thinking "Oh really? Can't I just flick the C-stick backwards then?". Actually Yes. However, it still doesn't have that "After effect'. Also, the ending lag of the f-smash is quite noticeable unlike this one.

Aerial attacks

Special Trait : Auto Parasol open

Waddle Dee opens up his parasol which makes him glide. To open it, flick the analog upwards or hold the X or Y button. To stop floating, use the up aerial, down aerial or simply flick down the analog.

Neutral Aerial : Parasol spin around

Waddle Dee flips around. Each hit deals 2% damage. A total of 8%.

Erp.... (No "D" in that). This can be easily out prioritized however it's actually great for combos. The minimal damage and knockback makes it easy to follow up another attack after this one. Oh and it's usable both in ground and air combos. Be warned though that this has low priority. It all depends though. If it seems safe then I guess it's a good stand alone move. It's actually better is a follow up especially if it's fast falled (Fell).

Forward Aerial : Spear chop

Waddle Dee chops the enemy using his spear. It deals 12% damage.

Powerful attack though the range isn't that good compared to his other spear used attacks. The speed of this attack is good. Has quite a little start up but it's still good. I'm not entirely sure though if you can use this as a spacing move. The short range is what cuts it down as a spacing move but the powerful knockback helps. I can assure one thing, it can be used to rush down opponents. Best as a combo finisher and a stand alone rush down attack.

Backward Aerial : Backward chop

Waddle Dee chops backwards. It deals 10% damage.

A quicker and weaker version of his forward aerial. NOW this one is solely made for rush down strategies. It's a good combo starter and a good follow up. Combining it with his forward air will make Waddle Dee quite dangerous in the air. You can repeatedly chain this attack in the air and on the ground. In short, it's a great move for combos in general and you'll find yourself using this a lot in the air.

Upward Aerial : Parasol upward jab

Waddle Dee uses his parasol to jab upwards. It deals 13% damage sweetspotted and only 8% damage sourspotted.

There are uses when you sweetspot this move. It's either to KO the enemy or to finish the combo. The knockback of the sweetspotted hit is good enough to kill Mario at around 125%. As for sourspotting this move, it's to combo in general. Not on the ground though but in the air. It can be used as a follow up or a combo starter. The bad thing about this move though is that it has terrible priority HORIZONTALLY.

Downward Aerial : Parasol dive

Waddle Dee dives down with his parasol. It is a strong meteor smash. It deals 16% damage.

Good combo finisher and KO move. One huge flaw though. Once Waddle Dee lands, there's a HUGE ending lag that leaves him for a huge punishment. Avoid missing with this move or you're done for.

Grabs

Pummel : Stick jab

Waddle Dee pummels the enemy..... WITH THE STICK OF THE SPEAR!!!! Nothing spectacular. It deals 3% damage per hit.

Forward throw : Spear push

Waddle Dee pushes the enemy with the point of his spear. It deals 6% damage.

Downward throw : Waddle stomp

Reused image lol
Waddle Dee stomps or jumps on the enemy. It deals 9% damage.

Backward throw : Backward spear push

Waddle Dee pushes the enemy with the point of his spear. Oh. And he does it backwards. It deals 6% damage.

Upward throw : Circus throw

Waddle Dee spins around the enemy using his parasol. It deals 11% damage.

FINAL SMASH

WADDLE DEE ARMOR--- KIRBY! NOOOOOO!!!!!

Waddle Dee calls up a group of his friends and summons some huge waddle dee suit. Oh yes. I chose another transformation final smash and here come the controls :awesome:

A - Charge
B - Fall or trip (It does HUGE damage and huge knockback. 30%)
X/Y - Multi Jump (Five mid air jumps)

Playstyle
Waddle Dee is actually an adaptive character. He does quite well in rushing down enemies. Shields won't stop him from attacking the enemy. His spear attacks do well against shields. The effect of the spear attacks on sheilds is actually big and noticeable. A few attacks then the enemy will find him shield to be as small as Olimar's. The spear attacks are also good for shield poking. His parasol is what helps his zoning if he wishes to play like that. It can fend of certain attacks. He has some attacks that can help him in keeping away the opponent. Most notably f-smash and f-tilt and maybe some other attacks that I forgot.

Despite these advantages, Waddle Dee is easy to kill and he's floaty. Combining these disadvantages.... He's gonna be quite easy to hit if you're not cautious enough. His attacks overall are actually not powerful. The spear attacks are weak in general. The parasol attacks though are quite strong but it's not so strong. Only ONE parasol attack is strong but it's easily punishable.

If you like---- Whatever. Just get the guy if you want to.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Franchises do not get characters. Characters get characters. What my little "play on word" means is characters are chosen independently. While some thought is given to the overall balance of representation it is not NEARLY to the degree everyone makes it out to be. "Representation" is the biggest myth in the Super Smash Bros. community. It is up there with Bigfoot and the Chuopocabra.

As for Masked Man, I could actually see him functioning like Zero from MvC3 w/ electric attacks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Moveset posted here.

Not telling who it is
Sakurai had an interview with IGN and "Deconfirmed" Toad

http://wii.ign.com/articles/119/1190870p1.html

Franchises do not get characters. Characters get characters. What my little "play on word" means is characters are chosen independently. While some thought is given to the overall balance of representation it is not NEARLY to the degree everyone makes it out to be. "Representation" is the biggest myth in the Super Smash Bros. community.

As for Masked Man, I could actually see him functioning like Zero from MvC3 w/ electric attacks.
This, but people won't listen

Sakurai dislikes everyone.

He likes his cats more than Mario and Kirby so expect a roster of 12 cats.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Franchises do not get characters. Characters get characters. What my little "play on word" means is characters are chosen independently. While some thought is given to the overall balance of representation it is not NEARLY to the degree everyone makes it out to be. "Representation" is the biggest myth in the Super Smash Bros. community. It is up there with Bigfoot and the Chuopocabra.

Isn't representation what Smash Bros is all about tho? I mean, there are trophies and stickers. And SSB is also a promotion for characters and upcoming games (Roy, Pit). I think franchises and individual character choices are both equal factors in choosing characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't representation what Smash Bros is all about tho? I mean, there are trophies and stickers. And SSB is also a promotion for characters and upcoming games (Roy, Pit). I think franchises and individual character choices are both equal factors in choosing characters.
I think the characters themselves should matter more than franchise representation

If 20 mario characters are wonderful, by all means let 20 mario characters in for all I say

If Star fox was the most popular series but only had 2 important characters, let only 2 in

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the characters themselves should matter more than franchise representation

If 20 mario characters are wonderful, by all means let 20 mario characters in for all I say

If Star fox was the most popular series but only had 2 important characters, let only 2 in
I always figured it was about seeing our favorite Nintendo characters duking it out, not the glorification of their respected franchises

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

It's about what they represent, both as a character in their series, a back story, as an original move set in smash bros, and a character is selected because popularity, if a character stared in a game or franchise that had some important role in gaming history, if a character was a retro star of a game or series, if the character is a very important and consistent supporting character in a series (although this really doesn't apply so well to Pokémon I have found), etc. And yes, that includes WTF?'s (minus Pokémon because they are beyond logic, and character like Fox and Captain Falcon in SSB64 because they were probably made by Shigeru Miyamoto).

Often those types of characters translate into the best characters, which allows the character to represent the character. There's a reason why they are selected. Sakurai isn't going to choose Waluigi. That's not just because he's a awful Luigi clone or because he has no role outside of spin-off games, but because there's really nothing to work with. Pikachu is easy to make. Mario practically makes himself. Snake had tons of moves to choose from. It's about making the best characters possible, and often they are the most significant characters possible because of all the back story, history, and different attacks they have throughout their history. Heck, even characters like ROB who has little to work with could easily be an inspirational character to make because of all of the great elements he brought to the table.

Which just, in a way, further proves your point... >.>

We're entering Inception level deep digging look ins at smash bros baby. We're in a dream inside a dream inside his friend's dream inside your friend's dream inside his wife'ss dream inside his dream inside reality. o.O

Actually, the moveset isn't needed. Characters do not need an original moveset. I believe everyone including Daisy and Waluigi have a potential to have a unique moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom