• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upick Pokémafia... Game over! 2% Milk wins!

Best milk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inferno3044

Smash Master
He sent me that info before the thread even opened. As soon as he got it, I suppose.

I think he's at work. He's out of class as we were playing Monster Hunter before he went to work.

We HAVE to lynch correctly today. There's no other option unless you want me to bank on a 2 man scum team.
Well as I said, RR turned up innocent when I investigated him, but Raziek's information was correct and fits my action. Vocal looks like the safest play. RR appeared innocent on my investigation and Raziek's information matches correctly with my night action. How confident are you in your vote?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
More confident than I was with the vig shot, less confident than I was in Circus's Sang case.

What does the accuracy of his information matter?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Thank you Ryker. Here's the plan. Tonight the vote will be on vocal. RR and Raziek have something to possibly prove themselves as town so there's a high change that Vocal is scum. Raziek, here I need your cooperation. D5 I want Ryker to vig shoot you and we will vote RR. Lucario is a steel type so he can't vig shoot him. If everything goes according to plan, the only person left alive will be either me (cop) or Ryker (vig) and town will win.

I should emphasize that this all revolves around on how Vocal flips. If he flips town, we lose. If he flips scum we win. That's why I want your confidence in your vote.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I haven't got another shot or I would. : /

Still need to lynch scum and Vocal STILL needs to be the one to die. Don't worry, Inferno, cop Raziek tonight and I'll take care of you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Votecount 4.01

Red Ryu
Inferno3044
Vocal :pokeball: Ryker
Raziek
Ryker

Not voting: Red Ryu, Inferno3044, Vocal, Raziek

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline has been set to Saturday, September 17th, 11:59 PM EST.

Trying to replace Vocal since he's not responding to me. :urg:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I haven't got another shot or I would. : /

Still need to lynch scum and Vocal STILL needs to be the one to die. Don't worry, Inferno, cop Raziek tonight and I'll take care of you.
I can't. I can only investigate every other night and I used my investigation last night on RR. We are in a bind, but we can still vote vocal. We will discuss our next move later.

vote: vocal

:phone:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If Asdioh legitimately gave scum a second kill, I'm gonna rage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Game over!

TURNING THEIR FEARSOME WRATH UPON THE SILLY GUY THAT HADN'T MOVED A MUSCLE IN DAYS, THEY DECIDED HE WAS A BAD GUY AND LYNCHED HIM OR WHATEVER.

Vocal, Dragonair, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched!

Triumphantly, the Gastrodons Raziek and Ryker turned to each other, and put on their best mistyfaces.

:mistyface: :mistyface:

Then they turned to the remaining two players, and gloated over their victory.

Little did they know, all this time... that they really did win, because Red Ryu and Inferno were not indies at all!

Red Ryu, Lucario, Vanilla Townie, has been endgamed!

Inferno, Dragonite, Town part-time Cop, has been endgamed!

Ryker, Gastrodon-West, Mafia Status Inducer, has won!

Raziek, Gastrodon-East, Mafia Flavor Hunter, has won!

2% Milk, Milk contestent, has won!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
jk lol

Red Ryu and Inferno were town, as they claimed.

Ryker and Raziek (and Panta) were mafia, they win.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
[collapse=Mafia Status Inducer]Hello, Ryker, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Gastrodon-West, Mafia Status Inducer!

You and your close buddies were tired of the way Poketown was being run, and decided it's time for a change. You are ruthless. Killing, poisoning, paralyzing, confusing... you'll do it all to take down those weaklings! West Side! And maybe East Side too!

Passive Abilities: None.

Active Abilities: Kill- Any member of the mafia can choose to kill during the Night phase with the command Kill: [playername]. The Mafia only gets one kill per Night.

You have three one-shot status-inducing abilities that are used during the Night. You may only use one per Night, and the one-shot will be used up even if your action fails for any reason.

Toxic- You may choose to poison one player with the command Toxic: [playername]. When the next Day begins, it will be announced in thread that they have been badly poisoned, and that they will die during the lynch scene. This ability bypasses normal bulletproof/doctor protections, and does not count as your Night kill. This ability will FAIL if used on Poison or Steel types, or possibly for other reasons.

Body Slam- You may choose to paralyze one player with the command Body Slam: [playername]. They will be informed via PM that they have been paralyzed, and, for the rest of the game, their vote will not count unless it is the hammer. In addition, their actions will have a 50% failure rate for the rest of the game, starting the Day after they were paralyzed. This ability will FAIL if used on Ghost types, or possibly for other reasons.

Water Pulse- You may choose to confuse one player with the command Water Pulse: [playername]. That Night, and the next Day, any abilities they use will target a random player instead of their desired target. They will be informed that they are confused. This ability may fail under certain circumstances.

Safeclaim: Vanilla Townie, or Jack of all Trades, or Neighbor if you dare.

Win Condition: You are mafia aligned, and win when the mafia equals or outnumbers the town, or nothing can stop this. Your fellow mafia members are WashedLaundry, Gastrodon-East, Mafia Flavor Hunterand Panta, Reuniclus, Mafia One-shot Tailor. You are allowed to talk in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/PWeyRtLJiH5K

Please confirm via PM![/collapse]
[collapse=Mafia Flavor Hunter]Hello, WashedLaundry, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Gastrodon-East, Mafia Flavor Hunter!

You and your close buddies were tired of the way Poketown was being run, and decided it's time for a change. Using your sluglike sense of taste/smell (I'm assuming you have one), you can figure out the true nature of your enemies, to better help you eliminate them! East Side! And maybe West Side too!

Active Abilities: Kill- Any member of the mafia can choose to kill during the Night phase with the command Kill: [playername]. The Mafia only gets one kill per Night.

Sniff- Each Night, you may choose to target any player, excluding yourself, with the command Sniff: [playername]. You will be informed 1. What pokemon they are and 2. What pokemon (not players) visited them that Night.

Passive Abilities: Backup- In case Gastrodon-West dies, you gain any remaining one-shot abilities he had left. However, you will lose your Sniff ability if this happens. If he dies, and had no one-shot abilities left, you will retain your Sniff ability.

Safeclaim: Town Flavor Watcher, or Vanilla Townie, or Neighbor if you dare.

Win Condition: You are mafia aligned, and win when the mafia equals or outnumbers the town, or nothing can stop this. Your fellow mafia members are Ryker, Gastrodon-West, Mafia Status Inducer and Panta, Reuniclus, Mafia One-shot Tailor. You are allowed to talk in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/PWeyRtLJiH5K

[collapse=Mafia One-shot Tailor]Hello, Panta, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Reuniclus, Mafia One-shot Tailor!
You and your close buddies were tired of the way Poketown was being run, and decided it's time for a change. You may feel like an outcast amongst your mafia buddies... after all, they're both Gastrodons, and you're a Reuniclus! However, if you think about it, you're kind of blobby, so you all have some sluglike features! Your contribution to the group is the ability to play tricks on the town.

Trick- During the Night, you may choose to target any player, including yourself, with the command Trick: [playername]. If a cop investigates that player on the same Night, a trick will be played on them, and their investigation results will be reversed. You have confirmation that there are no Millers in this game. This ability can be used every Night until you successfully Trick the Cop, after that, you may no longer use it.

Safeclaim: Poison-immune Townie.

Win Condition: You are mafia aligned, and win when the mafia equals or outnumbers the town, or nothing can stop this. Your fellow mafia members are WashedLaundry, Gastrodon-East, Mafia Flavor Hunter and Ryker, Gastrodon-West, Mafia Status Inducer. You are allowed to talk in this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/PWeyRtLJiH5K

[collapse=Town Sucker Puncher]Hello, Sold2/Glyph, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Bisharp, Town Sucker Puncher!

Just look at you. You are a bad dude. People think they can mess with you? I wouldn't suggest it. You are sharp and pointy. You want the town to beat the bad guys, but you certainly aren't afraid of murderers lurking in the night.

Active Abilities: Sucker Punch- If you are targeted for a Night Kill, you will be informed via PM. You can respond with the name of the player you think is trying to kill you. If you are correct, you will kill them instead. If you are incorrect, or do not respond, you will die. This ability is one-shot.
Note: I suggest you think about your target beforehand, so you can make a decision quickly if you happen to be informed that you were targeted for a night kill.

Suggested Posting Restriction: In the first post of the game, you (particularly Glyph) should go into GREAT DETAIL about how AMAZINGLY HAPPY you are to have gotten town, and how much getting scum sucks. This is an inside joke from Bingo I planned on putting in your role PM, regardless of what your alignment ended up being.

Win Condition: You are town aligned, and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

[collapse=Town Cleric]Hello, Zen, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Celebi, Town Cleric!

You're like, a flying Grass/Psychic thing. Uhhh... yeah. You want to get rid of the bad guys, to protect your beautiful flower grove, and plan on helping the town by protecting them from harmful status effects!

Active Abilities: Safeguard- Each Night, you may choose to target any player, excluding yourself, with the command Safeguard: [playername]. That player will be protected from harmful status effects that Night.

Win Condition: You are town aligned, and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Town Ghost Commander]Hello, Soupamario, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Gengar dressed as Ringo Starr from the Beatles, Town Ghost Commander!

You are Gengar, one of the most famous Ghosts in Pokemon! Apparently, you're also dressed as Ringo Starr from the Beatles, one of the most famous entities ever! As such, you command a lot of respect. You may be a ghost, but you still disapprove of the murder of innocents, and wish to help the town out!

Active Abilities: Ghost Commander- You may send me a private message with the name of a player once every Day AND once every Night. If that player is a Ghost type, a quicktopic masonry will be opened between the two of you, which you may use to talk, and you will be confirmed town to each other. If your target is NOT a Ghost type, nothing will happen. You have confirmation that there is at least one other Ghost in the game, but here is the catch: they do not know they are a Ghost type, so asking around won't help you.

[collapse=Luxray VT]Hello, J/SangfroidWarrior, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Luxray, Vanilla Townie!

Luxray is one of sasukebowser's favorite pokemon! It's also one of the few pokemon I've found a shiny version of, thanks to the chaining method in Pokemon Platinum!
But enough about that! Luxray can be a ferocious pokemon, but you are loyal to your town and want nothing more than to get rid of the evildoers who are disrupting your peace.

Active Abilities: You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.

Suggested Posting Restriction: In the first post of the game, you (particularly J) should go into GREAT DETAIL about how AMAZINGLY HAPPY you are to have gotten town, and how much getting scum sucks. This is an inside joke from Bingo I planned on putting in your role PM, regardless of what your alignment ended up being.

[collapse=Luxray's actual role]

J/SangfroidWarrior, you have been targeted by Soupamario, Town Ghost Commander, and have realized that you are actually Froslass, Town Ghost! You are now confirmed town to each other, and may communicate in this quicktopic:[/collapse]
[collapse=Jynx VT]Hello, Gordito, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Jynx, Vanilla Townie!

Few pokemon are creepier than Jynx. Those eyes... and those lips... oh man. Anyway, you are a well-intentioned townie, even if you kind of creep people out. You were terribly saddened at the loss of the young ones, and plan to find the culprits no matter what!

[collapse=Town One-shot Executioner]Hello, Dark Horse, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Regigigas, Town One-shot Executioner!

Big. Strong. Slow. These would be words to describe you. You are Regigigas, one of the mightiest pokemon out there! You are a member of the town just like the rest of them, and you certainly will not forgive the bad guys for what they have done. When your Slow Start is over, you will be able to lynch the ones you think are evil without the help of the rest of the town, because you are THAT strong!

Passive Abilities: Slow Start- You may not use your ability until Day 3.

Active Abilities: Execute- On Day 3 or later, you may kill anybody who has at least half the required lynch votes with the in-thread command Execute: [playername]. This will count as the Day's lynch, and the game will proceed into Night. You may not use this again once it is used up.

[collapse=Town Part-time Cop]Hello, Inferno3044, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Dragonite, Town Part-time Cop!

Dragonite's one of the most popular pokemon around, and definitely gets all the ladies! You are a member of the town with a strong sense of justice. You want to get rid of the baddies, and to do so, you will fly around and investigate.

Active Abilities: Investigate- During the Night phase, you may choose to investigate a player with the command Investigate: [playername]. You will Fly to their place, and find out their alignment. You are confirmed Sane. However, everybody knows that Fly is a two-turn move, so you can only investigate every other Night, never two consecutive Nights. If your ability fails for any reason on a Night, you may try again the next Night.

[collapse=Dragonair VT]Hello, Vocal, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Dragonair, Vanilla Townie!

One of the most majestic pokemon to ever exist, Dragonair is respected all around the globe. Look at that picture, don't you just want one of your own?! You are a gentle natured townie, and were deeply hurt by the recent tragedies. You have vowed to avenge the fallen and bring the criminals to justice.

[collapse=Dragonair's actual role]Vocal, with the death of Dragonite, Town part-time Cop, you have realized your full potential and decided to make use of it for the good of the town! You know you have the abilities, so you will put in your best effort. However, you will go about it a different way from your predecessor... you are now Dragonair, Town Tracker!

Active Abilities: Track- Each Night, you may send me a PM with the command Track: [playername]. You will find out who that player visited that Night, if anyone.[/collapse]
[collapse=Town Barrier Doctor]Hello, Gheb, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Porygon2, Town Barrier Doctor!

You're a member of the town, and even though you're a virtual pokemon, you still felt a twinge of emotion when those poor townies were killed. You will help the town find the culprits, and you will do so by protecting them from the murderous clutches of the evil ones!

Active Abilities: Barrier- Each Night, you may target a player (excluding yourself) with the command Barrier: [playername]. They will be protected from night kills. If you target the same player two Nights in a row, they will gain bulletproof status for the rest of the game. However, if you make someone bulletproof, you will be informed that you ran out of PP, and may no longer use your ability. The bulletproof player will receive a PM stating that they are now bulletproof.

[collapse=Lucario VT]Hello, Red Ryu, and welcome to Upick Pokemafia!

You are Lucario, Vanilla Townie!

The ever popular Lucario has a strong sense of justice, and the steely body of resolve. You are a member of the town, and you vow to help your townsfolk in any way you can, as you search for the murderers who disrupted the tranquility of your town.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
night actions and stuff

Action Resolution:

-Mafia flavor hunt
-Mafia tailor
-Town Cleric (unless Cleric specifically is targeted by paralyze or confuse)
-Mafia poison
-Mafia paralyze
-Mafia confuse
-Town doctor
-Town cop
-Town tracker
-Town Ghost commander
-Town sucker punch
-Mafia kill

Day Actions:
-Town Ghost commander
-Town Executioner
These will only be affected by confusion or paralysis.

Action list:

D1: Soup targets SilphCo, not a ghost.

N1:
WashedLaundry: Voyeur Soupamario, result: Soup is Gengar, nobody visited him.
Panta: Tailor Ryker, no result
Zen: Safeguards Ryker, no result
Ryker: Toxics Panta, Panta becomes badly poisoned
Gheb: Protects Inferno, no result
Inferno: Investigates Zen, result Innocent
Soupamario: Targets Zen, not a ghost.
Mafia kill: Panta kills Gheb, successful

D2: Soup targets Ryker, not a ghost.

N2:
Joey safeguards WL
Ryker confuses Vocal
WashedLaundry voyeurs vocal (Dragonair, visited by nobody)
WashedLaundry kills Joey

N3:
WL (Raziek): Voyeur Red Ruy, result: Red Ruy is Lucario, he was visited by Dragonite.
Ryker: paralyzes nobody
Inferno: Investigates Red Ruy, result Innocent
Mafia kill: Raziek kills Circus

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mafia kinda threw all of it's strength out the window in exchange for what the **** why would you ever do that ultimate WIFOM armor. And town bit that bait hard.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
btw circus, i tried to balanced the game around the mafia's strong points: having an extra kill, and having a one-shot tailor.

something i forgot to mention about the poison, though it's in ryker's role PM: his poison kill doesn't work on poison/steel types.
Red Ryu, Gengar, and SilphCo were all immune to poison.
The kill was also nerfed by the fact that it killed at the end of the Day, so the player gets a chance to keep playing/claim etc.
And the fact that Zen/Joey's role protects against status (HERP DERP GUYS)
And then Ryker (with panta's permission, for the most part) used it on panta to create wifom that actually let him win.

also the green room QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/bTiPGtyiK2X

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Ryker: No ****. There was absolutely no way you were scum in my mind. Though Raziek became all but certain after Sang died. Thought it was going to be him and Vocal though.

I can't believe scum actually got a second kill. But what's even worse, they used it on themselves, and town still ****ing lost.

Good game, scum. Abysmal game, town, myself included.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vocal's a jerk, by the way. Just ignoring this game made it way too easy for scum to push that mislynch.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
scum's a jerk, by the way. i asked them to kill vocal instead of you because he was going to be inactive/replacing

and they were like no :troll:

and i was like :urg:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't really know why they killed me. Ryker had me wrapped around his finger. I totally would have helped lynch Vocal.

Although me getting NK'd the first Night I exist in a game is becoming a problem. I got killed N1 in HP Mafia, and I got killed N1 in my last Broom game, and I got killed the Night after I replaced into this game. I better not become the new Gheb.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
The worst part of this is that I hated how Ryker played but he bussed his scummate with his 2nd kill so I believed he was town. I really feel like an idiot noob that got played. Pierce would be most upset with me and would probably tell me to quit because of what happened.

Can someone help me with what I did well (if anything) and what I need to improve on?

EDIT (because I can now): the best type of milk is chocolate

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Ryker: No ****. There was absolutely no way you were scum in my mind. Though Raziek became all but certain after Sang died. Thought it was going to be him and Vocal though.

I can't believe scum actually got a second kill. But what's even worse, they used it on themselves, and town still ****ing lost.

Good game, scum. Abysmal game, town, myself included.

You were fine, especially considering you replaced in.

Honestly, I never thought of scum using the poison on their own teammate until I realized that I gave the role to Ryker. Then shortly before he asked if he could I thought to myself "I wonder if..." and then he did >_>
Panta was a trooper.

I'll do player shoutouts later probably.

MVP will be decided by majority vote because I don't feel like having that burden. I think it's obvious who (or what teammates) should get it, if anyone.

I think Gheb would have done well, but he died N1. ..especially since he could have made someone bulletproof if he just lived past D2.

If I would change any role, off the top of my head I think it would be Gheb's. I would've made his bulletproof stuff into 1-shot, and given him the ability to self-protect one time, at the cost of the ability to make someone bulletproof. His role was pretty swingy.

ANYWAY Circus, I honestly think Town was overpowered in this game, if anything.

Mafia has:
-onepoison kill, which is weak in itself but could also fail if used on a poison/steel or if the Cleric protects it.
-One-shot tailor, which is very powerful if used on the right person. They get the ability to use their tailor every night until they succeed, then the one-shot is used up.
-one paralyze, which is like the Witch role (50% roleblock) and Actor role (can only vote if Hammer) combined. Also can be used for WIFOM because you could use that on mafia buddy.
-one confusion, which is sort of like a roleblock except it makes you target a random player.
-Flavor Watcher/voyeur, the entire purpose of this role was to mesh with the Status role, basically so you don't waste poison on a poison/steel type. Also would be good for PR hunting.

TOWN had:
-Sucker Puncher. SUPER powerful role lategame, could literally endgame the scum if there's only one left, they try to kill you, and you have a good idea who it is. Weak earlygame role.
-Cleric. Basically put that in there because Zen wanted "not VT" :p protects against Ryker's stuff, only the poison protection really matters, other stuff is meh.
-Ghost Commander. Inside joke from a DR game, the Sold hydra got it hahaha. I wish Glyph had been here to play this game.... anyway. Another powerful lategame PR, he could clear a townie and himself and have a masonry. Woo!
-VT/Ghost. The thought behind this was simple. The Ghost Commander was seeking this player, but they didn't know who they were. The entire point was that THIS IS UPICK and MOST PEOPLE SENT IN MULTIPLE PICKS. The J/Sang hydra only sent in Luxray and Froslass as picks, but they just got Luxray, VT. I was really hoping they would see Soup's claim and be like "hmmm..." but they didn't :(
-Jynx VT. haha too many PRs x3
-One shot executioner. ANOTHER powerful lategame PR. For flavor, he was Regigas and had Slow Start, so he couldn't use his ability until day 3 or later. But imagine how powerful that role would be in LYLO where the lynch is between the executioner and the scum... town would win by the executioner's vote/execute itself.
-Part-time Cop: one thing I DIDN'T want in this game was a follow the cop scenario. That's what the every other night aspect was for, as well as the tailor. This was balanced by the cop being confirmed sane, and...
-(uninformed) Deputy Tracker: if cop died and Vocal was still alive, he'd become a Tracker. Woo!

ALSO

Gordito was Jynx, was replaced by Circus. Dark Horse was Regigigas, town one-shot executioner, who requested a replacement shortly after. In the interest of fairness, I swapped roles and modkilled DH who flipped Jynx. I only did that because the replacements were so close together, if they had been at the same time I would have had circus replace DH and modkill Gord.

Top Bottom