• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I don't think you understand how much this listing means to us, Gadiel. I think it really is inspiring, and we definitely couldn't have a better person keeping track and listening to us. Thank you for that.
That's not true :( many of these results inspire me. Like i look back at 08 and see danny wrecking Fl...brings a tear to my eye and makes me want to bring that terror back here again. And then i see how koolaid did at VC...your work definitely doesn't go unappreciated. It's like a historical encyclopedia of pits. :)
I appreciate the words yall. It took A LOT of time and effort to track down some of these results especially Danny's results, lol--but at least it's here to last and the day I pass this down(lol) the format is set up. If you want to check for yourself, just quote the OP and see how much work is in there, lol. Not to brag, but I believe the Pit boards have the best tournament thread :p in aesthetics, functionality, and simplicity

Hey guys!

I placed 1st on a smaller tourney going Pit and Diddy only. (~24 people)
Snopy was also there, he placed 13th.

http://forum.germansmash.de/showthr...ausen-Showdown-Results-amp-Shoutouts&p=500622

vids are probably coming soon ~
Nice job bro, and isn't that your second tournament? Lol :cool:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hot **** cyve!

gadiel, this thread is epicly involved in the pit history that we are writing. i always check this thread out when stuff is posted. it's important!

kuro, you should sitcky this

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it was my 2nd tourney. ^^

btw -> on CDLC I got 4th in teams with crifer (DK/Fox) and on Schrobenhausen Showdown I got 3rd in teams with Ravenlord (Lucas).

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Recent Results:

@ M&M Games weekly tournament (in Croydon, England)

25th August 2011 - 2nd in teams - Pit (Loz8Ichimaru) and Wario (Luigimitsu)
there was about 8-10 teams there (4 rounds then semis and final)

8th September 2011 - 1st in singles - Pit (Loz8Ichimaru)
there was approx 17-20 entrants (5 rounds then semis and final)

Wasn't sure if this kind of thing would count, but I've been doing well lately with Pit so thought i'd post it! :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i got 25 out of fifty. again. didn't learn until after i lost to slush that yoshi can't jump out of shield or attack out of shield and got 2-0ed. then when we played later when i had that knowledge i actually took games off of him. gonna get some matches recorded against Denti and whoever else goes to sync's tonight.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

25th August 2011 - 2nd in teams - Pit (Loz8Ichimaru) and Wario (Luigimitsu)
there was about 8-10 teams there (4 rounds then semis and final)

8th September 2011 - 1st in singles - Pit (Loz8Ichimaru)
there was approx 17-20 entrants (5 rounds then semis and final)

Wasn't sure if this kind of thing would count, but I've been doing well lately with Pit so thought i'd post it! :)
Awesome bro, how do you play Pit then? What kind of tactics do you like? I see that you are a consistent 1st placer so you must know those smarts...you could definitely help all of us. Who are the other top finishers and who do they use? And are there any well known EU players that you have beaten?

Also, on your profile--change the settings so people can you send you visitor messages!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ya well i never knew until after the match was over that yoshi can't jump out of shield and thus can't attack out of shield. after xyro told me that i proceeded to beat him a few times in row in friendlies, which i had never done until i knew that fact.

i mean it's not like i tried to lose to him, hes a good player and i've never ever studied yoshi as a character at all ever.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I could be wrong, Slush might be better now, but he didn't seem much to me at MLG. I think yoshis I've played it goes:

hades>Polt>Z'zagashi>Slush

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh wonderful. Texas is filled with so much potential. It was only a matter of time, especially since Slush was already a high level player. I hope I can play him again.

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Awesome bro, how do you play Pit then? What kind of tactics do you like? I see that you are a consistent 1st placer so you must know those smarts...you could definitely help all of us. Who are the other top finishers and who do they use? And are there any well known EU players that you have beaten?

Also, on your profile--change the settings so people can you send you visitor messages!
Well i've only played one singles tournament as Pit so far... but there's another on thursday and i'll post how it goes (even if it goes terribly). After that there's another tournament there the following thursday and the London monthly two days later.

how do i play pit? depends on what character i'm against and what stage (i'd almost always choose smashville), but generally i'd use arrows alot, if characters have a reflector i'll jump then arrow alot (so if it's reflected it won't hit me), If against ness/lucas/GnW I try to be more careful with arrows, as they can do more harm than good in those cases. arrows tend to force the opponent forward from which i use n-air and f-air alot, if i can force them in the air then i use aerials, especially u-air and attempt to juggle them if possible. If they're offstage I'll either fire arrows or attack with f-air or b-air - it can be hilarious - like repeatedly shooting fox with arrows once he gets to a height where he has to up b instead of side b, the other day a wolf tried to hit me while i was planking - i ended up using b-air twice and then ledgeguarding as he used side b. Generally i'll play as defensive as possible if i get a life up (and i'm at a high percent) , use arrows, mirror shield (depending on character i'm against), retreating n-air and retreating d-air, as well as planking - using u-air and firing arrows. I try to use WOI as little as possible since it's pits greatest vulnerability, but i can usually get away with using it and going under the stage (it depends, but smashville, battlefield and final destination get used alot, and I avoid Yoshi's Island whenever possible). I use the glide attack sometimes, but it can be predictable, other times I might just glide past them then attack immediately (with f-smash) if they try and punish my landing, i use f-tilit or d-tilt when they're just beyond my a combo or f-smash range (prefer d-tilt, seems less punishable and i find it easier to use).
I need to work on pivot grabs and using u-tilt (far too often i use u-smash by mistake) and also using kill moves more sparingly, gets annoying when sheik survives to around 180% 0_0

The top four last week were: Me, Professor Pro (Marth), Luigimitsu (Wario) and Lucas (Pikachu)

The only person i've beaten that might count as a well-known EU player is professor pro, but even then he's mostly known for melee (best fox in the UK)

Nonetheless Luigimitsu is a great player and mains Wario, he won the two previous singles tournaments at m&m games and I only barely beat him in our semi, he's also the guy I practice with most.
one of his final wins (to give you an idea of how good he is): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glGi_Rs0iyY

wish i had videos for the semi and final i had last week, was epic matches!

I've edited my profile now, tbh I didn't realise people couldn't post visitor messages on my wall unless they were moderators or contacts (Still pretty new to the site)

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Results:

22nd September 2011 - Equal 1st in singles - Pit (Loz8ichimaru)

Other top finishers: Equal 1st: Luigimitsu (Wario / Diddy Kong), 3rd: Alpha Dash (R.O.B) 4th: Professor Pro (Marth)

The weekly tournament at M&M games changed to a double elimination bracket layout, which was first tested the previous week, but ran out of time on that occasion after just the first round

This time around they timed it better but still not perfect and the event went over time, to the degree that all matches just barely got played... except the grand final! (hence the equal 1st)

16 entrants, would upload a picture of the bracket but I don't know how :S

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
There's a new Japanese Pit on the block: Thundaga--he got 13th out of 110--that's pretty good! He must be Masashi's apprentince, lol

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
New Pit mains are always great! :D

Yeah, I'm picking up some momentum. I came in second place in a tourney today using Pit. It was at an anime convention, so it doesn't really count for much if anything, but there were a few tough contenders there.

So at least I've got progress! :) We all have to try and boost Pit's respect a little, ehe. He doesn't get enough.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
New Pit mains are always great! :D

Yeah, I'm picking up some momentum. I came in second place in a tourney today using Pit. It was at an anime convention, so it doesn't really count for much if anything, but there were a few tough contenders there.

So at least I've got progress! :) We all have to try and boost Pit's respect a little, ehe. He doesn't get enough.
Nice job bro! :D Keep it up!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm at SiiS6 now, did decent with Pit today in pools . . . I got 1st seed using mostly Pit except like 4 games total I think (in a 6-man pool). I lost to Sorasin's Falco on Brinstar game 3 using Pit unfortunately, he knows Brinstar very well from being CP'd there so much, so I don't think I'll be going brintar and just stick to basics for CPs.

I may go all Pit in bracket tomorrow, wish me luck brothers, 70 entrants in bracket, with the likes of Shugo MJG Ripple Y.b.M., Infern, Hadesblade, Coney, and a few other good threats. No M2K or Ally.

As always, I'll pray about everything worry about nothing and have fun, I can't wait til tomorrow!

Top Bottom