• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ah, tonight was race night? Thought it was shooter night, regardless I couldn't make both since I was forced out of the house all day.
MKW Tournament? Man I wish my internet could handle the Wii's terrible online servers.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Race Night / the Mario Kart Wii tournament is Sunday (Today) yes. The tourney starts at 6:00 PM EST. Check here for more information regarding.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gatlin is correct, apologies for any misunderstanding I caused. Looking forward to hearing the results of the MKW tournament later tonight! :bee:

I'll update everything when I get home later today.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright guys, sorry for the delay but here is next week's events (September 26th - October 2nd):

Monday, September 26th will be shooter night. Play any shooter/FPS game online with other SWFers!

Game suggestions: Any CoD game, any Halo game, Team Fortress 2, Quake 3, Uncharted 2, Resistance 2 etc.

Tuesday, September 27th will be fighter night. Play any fighting game online with other SWFers!

Game suggestions: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Marvel vs. Capcom 2/3, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Street Fighter IV etc.

Wednesday, September 28th will be fighter night. Play any fighting game online with other SWFers!

Game suggestions: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Marvel vs. Capcom 2/3, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Street Fighter IV etc.

Thursday, September 29th will be arcade night. Play any arcade game on the 360/PS3 with other SWFers!

Game Suggestions: Castle Crashers, Magic: The Gathering, Fat Princess etc.

Friday, September 30th will be OMGPOP night. OMGPOP will be held at 7 PM EST. (Hosted by Twinkie)

OMGPOP details: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13333096&postcount=519

Saturday, October 1st will be Pokemon Online night. A Mystery Egg event will also be held and both events will begin @ 8 PM EST. (Hosted by Terywj and UltiMario)

Mystery Egg event details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311096
Gonna work on the postbits now.

Just as it's shown above, I'm hosting OMGPOP night again this Friday. All the details are the same, so I hope to see you guys join the fun again!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Also, no changes to the host postbit will be taken at this time. Thanks again for the feedback.

TF2 will take place tomorrow @ 8 PM EST.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Okay, just finished with the postbits for now. If I forgot anyone/made any errors, please let me know.

Gatlin

The tournament for Mario Kart Wii is beginning in 20 minutes.
If you are signed up, here is a reminder of the rules:

Tournament Details said:
Type: 2-Person Team Tournament (elimination)

Date: Sunday, September 18th / 25th

Time: 6:00 PM EST (Room open 15 minutes prior)

Rules: This tournament works just the same as an anything-goes GP like we have done in the past. There will be a suspected six groups of 2; and the teams will be purely choice, so you are able to team up with anyone you'd like! We will be using "Team-Tags" for this tournament, so please think up what your team-name will be and apply it to your Mii-name. At the end of each Grand Prix, whichever team has the lowest point-total will be eliminated from the tournament, and the next Grand Prix will begin. We will run through the tournament in random-cup-order, with a total of 32 races split between two weeks.

How this will work is:

1. Everyone will choose whatever stage they'd like
2. Gatlin chooses N64 Bowser's Castle and it is chosen
3. Seeing as N64 Bowser's Castle is in Lightning Cup, that will be the first cup to be played
4. The remaining three courses in Lightning Cup will then be allowed to be picked randomly
5. Once we are done with Lightning Cup, none of those stages will be allowed to be picked again for the remainder of the tournament.
6. Repeat process

The team with the most accumulated total at the end of the tournament will be crowned victorious.

Vehicle Choice: Any vehicle is allowed.

Character Choice: Any character is allowed.

Transmission: Any transmission is allowed.

Disconnections: In the case of someone disconnecting, it will be dependent on how far we were in the cup to determine the points you receive. If you disconnect on the first race, you will receive an extra 15-point bonus. Every race after that, your average points-per-race will be added onto your total.

Wrong Course Selection: In the case of a wrong stage-choice, the room will immediately be closed, and we will continue where we left off on the correct course. All scores will be kept the same.
1. Gatlin
2. Airgemini
3. Aria♪
4. Fluttershy
5. Supermetroid44
6. Dikastis Shok
7. GreenKirby
8. Ulises3000
9. Camerino1
10. Link2thelost90
11. BSP
12. Phantom Gamer

The room for the tourney will be opening in 5 minutes, first come first serve.

Any questions? Please ask in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296058

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The PO Server will be:
Machamp's Pants

It's IP is:
76.114.141.123:5080

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We're working on how to assemble tournaments directly from the server, so hang tight.

Just a reminder that if you're looking for Pokemon battling aside from the Light House game nights, check out the Battle Tower for competitive Pokemon events, like the newest Imperial II tournament. Don't forget about the postbits you can win!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Arcade night - does it count if I get video somehow of me spending 30 minutes on my arcade cabinet? :bee:

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
So I've been attending the TF2 nights since they began. Shouldn't I have the cool postbit by now? D:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Depends on the game, but whether that's setting up a server (Minecraft, Pokemon Online) or overseeing the festivities (fighters, OMGPop) it's pretty straightforward. You'll have to talk to F8AL beforehand, obviously.

Gatlin

Good turnout for Race Night.

Tourney Results:

1. Team [SP] - Dikastis Shok + SuperMetroid44
2. Team [SWF] - Gatlin + Airgemini
3. Team [WeG] - GreenKirby + Ulises3000
4. Team [FiM] - Phantom Gamer (Solo)
5. Team [FEL] - Link2thelost90 + Camerino1
6. Team [?!?] - Aria♪ (Solo / Drop)

Good Games. :)

-

Tournament hosted by Gatlin
Dikastis Shok also hosted about an hour of friendlies after the tournament.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Thanks, Gatlin! Will update my logs! Congratulations to Dikastis Shok and SuperMetroid44 for winning the tournament! :)

This week's events (September 26th - October 2nd):

Monday, September 26th will be shooter night. Play any shooter/FPS game online with other SWFers!

Game suggestions: Any CoD game, any Halo game, Team Fortress 2, Quake 3, Uncharted 2, Resistance 2 etc.

Tuesday, September 27th will be fighter night. Play any fighting game online with other SWFers!

Wednesday, September 28th will be fighter night. Play any fighting game online with other SWFers!

Thursday, September 29th will be arcade night. Play any arcade game on the 360/PS3 with other SWFers!

Game Suggestions: Castle Crashers, Magic: The Gathering, Fat Princess etc.

Friday, September 30th will be OMGPOP night. OMGPOP will be held at 7 PM EST. (Hosted by Twinkie)

OMGPOP details: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13333096&postcount=519

Saturday, October 1st will be Pokemon Online night. A Mystery Egg event will also be held and both events will begin @ 8 PM EST. (Hosted by Terywj and UltiMario)

PO details: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13410049&postcount=975
Mystery Egg event details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311096
We will be playing TF2 at our usual time, which is 8 PM EST.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I will try to make TF2 tonight to give it one last go.

I would be down for Fat Princess on Thursday.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'll probably play a shooter tonight.

I'm really excited for the new computer, well, new to me, computer I'll be getting. It ran cod w@w on max settings np, so tf2 should be a breeze. :D
When are you getting your new computer? TF2 doesn't require high specs to be played. (You can adjust the settings to your liking.)

I will try to make TF2 tonight to give it one last go.

I would be down for Fat Princess on Thursday.
Okay, hope to play with you tonight, CK! :)

I'll be on for TF2 tonight as always.
Awesome, see you at 8!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good. I want to hit five because the 1-4 games postbit is so ugly.
Haha, I suppose the purpose of the postbit is served then.

NES wasn't very pretty in the first place.

But if there's enough of a problem . . . maybe we can get a change?

And community suggestions. I unno. It's up to fate.

Top Bottom