• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move X - Congratulations winners! MYMXI start date OCTOBER 10TH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think of this idea ?

After MYM X and before MYM XI, to celebrate ten MYM contests, how about having an All-Star MYM tournament sort of thing...

Take the top ten movesets of all the past MYMs and throw them all in a bracket and vote on them sorta like the Character Battles of GameFAQs.

A few examples of how the movesets would matchup in the first round:

#1 of MYM X would face the #10 of MYM I
#2 of MYM X vs #9 of MYM I
#1 of MYM IX vs #10 of MYM II
#1 of MYM VIII vs #10 MYM III​

...and so on and so on, shouldn't be too hard to understand, but just in case, I'll gladly give more matchups if more examples are needed

Eh? Eh? :estatic:

Smady

Smash Master
That's sort of the point of the definitive moveset list is the thing. That hasn't come out recently because of K. Rool being inactive, but as he is currently active, maybe he will help get a new edition of that going before he leaves again. I'll ask him. :yoshi:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
FA's Top 10 Sets of MYMX

Teferi
LegendofLink is one of the better MYMers to recently join us, with his potential showing from the moment he posted Sarkhan. His recent MTG set, Teferi, demonstrates how far he's come. Teferi can create a duplicate of himself, as we've seen several times before this contest, but his games with his duplicates are far different from how a lot of others play this contest. He instead uses them to control the foe, as well as creating large clouds of projectiles that become far more difficult to dodge as his numbers increase. He can also create various rifts through space, reuse attacks from earlier in the match as a separate hitbox, and even give the foe a duplicate that he can take advantage of. It's a lot to digest, but it is a fascinating set, and as someone who is very familiar with MTG, I find it very suited to Blue. That, and this is the closest I think we've come to a set that focuses around warping reality itself, which is a really impressive feat by someone relatively new.

Edgar
I may be slightly biased towards this set since Aristocats was basically my childhood, but this set is quite the feat if I do say so myself. I mean, you're making a set for a Butler who's not even particularly evil, mostly just wanting to get people out of the way, and one who has no magic or even real weapons to speak of. And yet Kupa gave him a flowing playstyle, complete with a fascinating KO method (get the into prone to force them to drink your soup and throw them off a cliff in a bag before they have time to escape), as well as a surprising amount of clever moves and ways to abuse prone. Certainly it's not QUITE as good as Kupa's peak efforts this contest, but really this set is still quality stuff and should be appreciated for what it is.

Rainbow Dash
I think I've already advertised this set, like one of the other ones on this list, so I'll briefly restate myself. The moveset is fun, full of character, manages to have a lot of depth while still being straight up offensive, and is one of the very few MYM characters I can actually see a casual pick up and enjoy. It's not as crazy as any of the other sets on this list, but that really only adds to the appeal.

Sid's Toys
We've seen approximately 4 takes on the Hugo set so far(give or take Hunter J), and I would say Sid's Toys is by far the best of them. Warlord has always had a love of suicide KOs, and now we have characters who are at least somewhat expendable. So what's the logical conclusion? Cage the foe in with 2-4 toys, and send them off the stage in a suicide mission. This is absolutely brilliant, and that's not even talking about the dozens, perhaps hundreds, of clever interactions in the set, both immediately visible and well hidden. The amount of things one can do with Legs really can cause you're jaw to drop, however lacking in detail it may be.

Dr. N Tropy
I really appreciate the return to Time based playstyles for this set. I felt that there was so much there to be explored, and we are just scared because it seems like such a terrifying and complex place. N Tropy though, goes ahead and uses it anyway, saving projectiles to slots on his clock and then manipulating them from there. As with a lot of the sets I like this contest, there really are countless ways to use these projectiles, one of my favorites is knocking the opponent back into a black hole hitbox while said hitbox is flying off a cliff. And really, why can't we just try a few more time based sets? Seriously, there's so much to be explored there.

Baron K. Roolenstein
Baron here is Warlord's favorite set of the contest, for a very good reason. The electric barrier is interesting by itself, being a single trap that can serve so many function, and surprisingly being cool enough to stand out among the sea of crazy traps MYM has these days. Baron doesn't even come close to stopping there, with basically every move in his set having a unique way of utilizing the barrier, allowing him to force the foe to repeatedly slam into it. Not to mention the whole High Risk-High Reward aspect of the moveset in that a foe can in fact combo you against the barrier. It's very well built too, it feels well balanced in a way that a lot of the top sets don't.

Mr. Banbollow
This set has become love it or hate it for god knows what reason. It's a hard pill to swallow, I guess. But none-the-less, Banbollow is an awe inspiring moveset, having an incredibly unique playstyle with the constant trailing wire behind him. He plays nothing like any character we've seen before, with this bizarre extension of his body. He can create gas clusters and the like in it, changing it into a constant hazard that he can utilize just by moving. Any mere shake and twist of the wire has hundreds of ways it could result with all the clusters and gas leaks he can make. Not to mention while using all these things he still has ways to fight traditionally, since he is, you know, carrying a flamethrower. Character and organization aren't the greatest thing in the world here, but honestly, this is one of the deepest and at the same time most unique movesets ever conceived, so such minor details can be overlooked I think.

Pennywise the Dancing Clown
What has to be said about this set has already been said, so I'm going to spare you the whole thing. This set literally has 5 ads and is the likely winner of MYM10. Seriously, what do you want me to tell you about it?

Gengar
Not number 1? Shocking I know. I do have a few things to say about this set though. First of all I'd say this is the most intuitive use of duplicates all contest, allowing them to continually hold out Gengar's various passive hitboxes for as long as they exist. It doesn't put them in the hands of a fallible AI or require some kind of horrifically complex control scheme. But truth be told, this set excited me in a way I haven't been excited since Dark Bowser. I love the way the duplicates can interact with each other, I love the ways Gengar can use his invisibility to sneak into the foes shadow and the millions of mindgames he can perform. So why isn't he number 1? Simple fact is that Gengar, while amazing in pretty much every way, has some blatant flaws, most notably the overly ridiculous throws (I seriously feel that bar the Down Throw they don't make him a more interesting character and come across as overcreative, really). The top set... well, we'll get to that.

Kabutops
This set is just spectacular. I mean, I've already given this thing an ad, but even still. I can't believe how much Khold managed to fit into such a simple looking set, and how it manages to have very few flaws. It's such an easy read and yet there's so much there, I mean I'm really speechless. Kholdstare may not post sets that often(or at least not ones of this quality) but damn am I glad he's still a part of our contest, because we get masterpieces like this. If you want to here about the actual set, go read my ad on Page 64. Or better yet, read the moveset. Seriously, read this thing, because it quite frankly deserves to win MYM10 more than Pennywise, in my honest opinion.

JOE!

Smash Hero
hint time!

can you guess the clues?

Truth and Ideals, which will be your Protector? But in the end, will you remember, and step into the mystery?

Smady

Smash Master
Eligible to Vote

Smash Daddy
MasterWarlord
n88_2004
BKupa666
Junahu

MarthTrinity
phatcat203
Katapultar
ForwardArrow
Davidreamcatcha
Hyper_Ridley
Nicholas1024
smashbot226
half_silver28
tirkaro
KingK.Rool
Getocoolaid
LegendofLink
ProfPeanut
Kholdstare

Peanut. :glare:

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
I know it's a bad time but I'm back.

Rumble

Stats
Similar height and weight to Donkey Kong.
Speed and Jumps like Charizard

It’s not that complicated.

Rumble is a big guy with long range.

Standards

Jab- Flail
Rumble punches forward quickly with his spike club. It reaches a distance of around Peach’s golf club. This will strike enemies and pushes them back a bit. It deals about 6% damage and has little lag on either end.

Forward Tilt- Flame stab
Rumble strikes forward with his flamethrower hand. This has range of one and a half stage builder blocks. It deals 6% damage and pops opponents up in the air. If flame spitter was used in the past 5 seconds the attack deals 10% damage and pushes the opponent away at a more horizontal direction.

Downward Tilt- Sweep
Rumble’s mech spins around in a circle very quickly dealing 4% damage to enemies in a small area on both sides. This move will push enemies away a little bit. This attack has small lag on the activation side but you’ll need a small breather before you can use the attack again.

Upward Tilt- Junk shot
Rumble jumps out of his mech a short distance in the air with a wrench in his hand. On the upward and downward sections you deal 5% damage and hit enemies away. However at the apex of Rumble’s little jump he swings his wrench which knocks enemies down at a diagonal direction dealing 9% damage. You’ll stay in the air for half a second and it’s easy to use this move in quick succession.

Smashes

Up Smash- Equalizer
Rumble looks up and fires a rocket from his arsenal. The rocket shoots up and then falls in a forward direction. At minimum charge it goes a bit higher then snakes minimum charge up smash. Depending on how much you charge the rocket will go higher and thus farther. At max charge this attack goes 5 stage builder blocks. This attack has 1 second of lag on the beginning and no lag at the end. The minimum charge deals 10% damage and KO’s at 120% while the max charge deals 27% damage and KO’s at 80%

Forward Smash- Electro Harpoon
Rumble shoots an electric harpoon from his chest area. This attack has a smallish bit of lag similar to Captain Falcons forward smash. It is the same size as a Samus charge shot but moves as fast as Link’s boomerang. What’s more is that if you press A after shooting the first shot he will fire a second shot. The first shot at min charge will deal 9% damage and stuns the opponent while at max charge it will deal 15%. The second shot deals 11% damage and knocks the opponent away KOing at around 130% the max charge deals 15% damage and KO’s at 100%.

Downward Smash- Yordle Blam
Rumble smashes his hammer arm and his flamethrower hand to the left and right of him. This serves mainly as a GTFO move and deals 10% damage at minimum charge and 14% at Maximum charge. It deals set knockback of around 3 stage builder blocks to the side that the opponent was hit on. It has quick lag on the beginning end of the attack but it does take a bit for Rumble to reorient himself after the attack.

Grabs​

Grab- Electro-Grappling hook
Rumble shoots his Electro harpoon a bit in front of him a short distance but the harpoon has a rope attached to it. If it hits an enemy it latches onto them and they will be pulled in and the Mech’s arms will grab a hold of the enemy. One important thing to note is that this move also functions as a tether grab.

Pummel- Squishy champs
Rumble squeezes his enemy quickly dealing 2.5% damage. This is a bit slow but gets the job done.

Forward Throw-Bumper
Rumble drops his enemy in front of him and punches them with his club hand. It deals 8% damage and the enemy flies out of your in the front.

Backward Throw-Deposit drop
With his flame thrower arm Rumble picks up the enemy and throws them backwards in a large arc depositing them on the ground behind you. This deals 9% damage and leaves you in a good position to follow up if you are fast enough.

Downward Throw- Punt!
Rumble drops his enemy on the ground in front of him and then kicks them with his foot dealing 6% damage. They will slide a small distance in front of you and you can follow up quickly.

Upward Throw-Humiliation
Rumble lifts his enemy infront of his face quickly. He will then spit at them. This attack deals 0% damage but deals a high amount of knockback in an up direction when they get to higher damage levels.

Aerials
Neutral Aerial- Hair Gel
Rumble jumps out of his mech and winces while he hits opponents with his spikey hair. This deals a small 5% damage but is very good for juggling enemies.

Backwards Aerial-Lift off!
Whilst Rumble’s arms are behind his body his flamethrower hand will ignite for a small bit. This will be at the tip of his arm but is very deadly. This means a small hitbox will be dealing 15% damage and pretty good knockback to the backwards direction.

Forward Aerial-Pick up
Rumble will swing his club arm in front of him in a small arc upwards dealing 8% damage and small knockback. The cool thing about this attack is that if you press this attack quickly after wards Rumble will swing his other hand in a similar manner dealing and extra 9% damage.

Downward Aerial- Aerial Swipe
Rumble swings his flamethrower arm below him ala Samus. This deals 10% damage and is pretty slow. This attack will do a spiking maneuver in the event that you hit with the tip.

Upward Aerial- Rocket Shot
Rumble shoots a rocket out of his back a short distance upward after a small lag. This rocket will detonate in a smallish radius a short distance after going up. Rumble is also propelled a bit downward. If the Rocket explosion or the Rocket hits anyone they receive 13% damage and strong knockback.

Specials​

Neutral Special- Conduction
Rumble throws an electrified wrench forward at a speed equal to Luigi’s fireball. This means its slow. Also since the move is of a physical object, the wrench will fall as it flies. Rumble has a small lag during the move and enemies take 6% damage and will experience a brief stun.

Forward Special- Electro Harpoons
Rumble shoots an electro harpoon forward at a quick speed. This will deal 8% damage to whomever it hits. It also deals a small stun on any enemies that you hit. You can have a maximum of 2 harpoons on the screen at a time. From either this or your forward Smash. Another cool aspect to this move is that you can angle this move in order to hit enemies in the air or on the ground.

Down Special- Flamespitter
Rumble activates his Flamespitter. For the next 3 seconds flames start to shoot out of his flamethrower hand. These have a similar effect to super spicy curry except it will go in a forward direction only. Rumble can move whilst using this move. When your 3 seconds are up rumble needs to cooldown his flamespitter weapon for 6 seconds in which you cannot use this attack.

Up special- Malfunction
Rumble activates one of his rockets but this time it will malfunction and explode on him! This deals 10% damage and medium knockback in the direction that Rumble is facing and a bit upward. This means that if Rumble faces the stage and uses this attack he will explode, shoot forward and up a bit and then be on his merry way. One thing to note about this attack is that Rumble can activate this move multiple times on one jump.
Use it to recover.

Final Smash- OVER HEAT
Uh oh! It seems that rumble has used to much of his machinery and his mech has undergone too much heat! For the next 10 seconds rumble cannot use any of his specials in order to cool down. However all your basic attacks gain a bonus for the amount of time left in the attack.
10-8 seconds gives you 5% damage extra and your attack speed is increased by 1.3
8-6 seconds gives you 4% damage extra and your attack speed is increased by 1.3
6-4 seconds gives you 3% damage extra and your attack speed is increased by 1.3
4-2 seconds gives you 2% damage extra and your attack speed is increased by 1.3
2-0 seconds gives you 1% damage extra and your attack speed is increased by 1.3
When you’re done Rumble exclaims a sigh of relief and gets back to fighting.

Playstyle:
(I’m making this like 4 months from when I made this set. So yeah. It was Khold’s birthday and I remember that I had this lying around.)
Rumble is a brawler. He enjoys getting into the fight and does decent damage with his many attacks. You should use your basic attacks to deal damage to the enemy. All the while using you flame spitter to ensure you get as much damage as possible.
When you think you have enough damage on the enemy you can try to go for an up throw. Doing this will give you the best chance of KOing the enemy. Of course you should make sure that you do this when you are able to KO or you’ll have to rack up even more damage due to your massive move decay!

Recoveries should be simple enough. Just do it the same as a normal brawl character but be wary of hurting yourself too much.

Umm I think that’s it.

Extras
Entrance- Rumble activates his mech and warns his foes to get ready for a “Bandle city beatdown”

Taunts
Taunt 1- Rumble laughs and says “How’s it to be beaten down by a Yordle”
Taunt 2- Rumble and the mech do the robot until you use this taunt again or you are hit
Taunt 3- Rumble says “Hurry up summoner and stop taunting!”

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Yay, Kris! Yeah, you're a little late, but you can post it in MYM11 :D Thanks for getting back into MYM, dood :bee:

I have revised my plans, this is the concrete list I'm doing for MYM11:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't have silhouettes, but I have hints.

1. He's getting hungry... (Online-exclusive Capcom villain) (Time to call in the G.I.s?)

2. A Leaf Blade in one hand and a Secret Sword in the other? (There are 8 ninjas in this picture...) (Secret Sword's a decoy. :p)

3. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... (A blue bass- er, boss.) (X marks the spot...)

4. He's gonna roll you down Thunder Road... (A Capcom handheld villain) (Jin? ...No?)

5. Bring out the tanks! (Measured in Mega-bytes) (The first of four has been discovered...)

6. Pilot Wings? ... Maybe not. (A little slow and a little green, but on the whole I'd say...) (He's not a koopa.)

Good luck.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I... don't really have any secret sets, but I'll go ahead and hint at my next project anyway.

A set of four warriors, powerful guardians of their master...

Masters of flame, wind, ice, and shadow...

Commanders of an enormous robot army...

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
When there's trouble, you know who to call...

It all started with a mouse...

Ho,ho,ho...MWAHAHAHAHA!

My royal lips have touched common carnival fare!

Faster than a speeding bullet...

SMASH!

I will seek vengeance on those who betrayed my family...

Still just a bud...

Come and get some, punk!

I'm ready! I'm ready!

There are my plans in non-shadow pro-quotey form. Enjoy, although most are obvious as ****.

:phone:

Katapultar

Smash Lord
The very most I can tell y'all is that A = AWESOME. November the 4th could be a very special day; be sure to bring a present!

Smady

Smash Master
Just posting to inform everyone that ProfPeanut is voting and we're now going through the manipulation processes of the top fifty [tiebreaking and picks / kicks / shifts], so expect to see the top fifty within the week.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
I don't have silhouettes, but I have hints.

2. Who knew pinecones could kick ***? (A little bit buggy...)
Pineco

Just posting to inform everyone that ProfPeanut is voting and we're now going through the manipulation processes of the top fifty [tiebreaking and picks / kicks / shifts], so expect to see the top fifty within the week.
How does the tiebreaking process work any who? What if there was a thirty-way tie for that coveted #50 spot? lol

...and what would warrant a kick or shift ? :eek:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Pineco

How does the tiebreaking process work any who? What if there was a thirty-way tie for that coveted #50 spot? lol

Actually. I'm not doing Pineco anymore. So I'll have to get a new hint up there, because I'm doing a different pokemon.

2. A Leaf Blade in one hand and a Secret Sword in the other? (There are 8 ninjas in this picture...)

Junahu

Smash Ace

Tiebreaking is done in super-secret, with a brief vote between all of MYMX's Leaders.
Positions below #40 are considered volatile. Though actual kicking is much rarer now, most kicks end up being incidental, rather than deliberate (i.e. as we shift movesets onto the Top50, some movesets are inevitably bumped off)

:scared: I wish I could say nice things about the shifting process. The idea is simply to move sets up or down the Top50 (but nothing within the Top10) so that their positions better reflect the moveset's actual popularity, since voting is not 100% accurate in that regard.

In reality, we just shift whatever wherever.

In other news, I'm extending the time people have to vote for the Top30 MYminis/Top10 CosplaySets by another week, in the vain hopes that people will vote

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
Actually. I'm not doing Pineco anymore. So I'll have to get a new hint up there, because I'm doing a different pokemon.

2. A Leaf Blade in one hand and a Secret Sword in the other? (There are 8 ninjas in this picture...)
I hope I'm not the reason you changed your mind :embarrass:, so even though I'm 100% positive I know who this new selection is, I'll stay quiet ;)

Tiebreaking is done in super-secret, with a brief vote between all of MYMX's Leaders.
Positions below #40 are considered volatile. Though actual kicking is much rarer now, most kicks end up being incidental, rather than deliberate (i.e. as we shift movesets onto the Top50, some movesets are inevitably bumped off)

:scared: I wish I could say nice things about the shifting process. The idea is simply to move sets up or down the Top50 (but nothing within the Top10) so that their positions better reflect the moveset's actual popularity, since voting is not 100% accurate in that regard.

In reality, we just shift whatever wherever.
So it's similar to, but not the same as, popular vote VS electoral college

One more question, will the results of the MYM Awards will be given seperately or at the same time as the Top 50 ?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
The MYM Awards are a separate entity from the Top 50 and the MYmini top 30. I'll be posting the results of the MYM Awards late tonight, so yeah, it'll be a while before the top 50 is posted.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hope I'm not the reason you changed your mind :embarrass:, so even though I'm 100% positive I know who this new selection is, I'll stay quiet ;)

So it's similar to, but not the same as, popular vote VS electoral college

One more question, will the results of the MYM Awards will be given seperately or at the same time as the Top 50 ?
No, it's just that Forretress had been done already and I didn't want to try to do its prevolution.

And you can guess if you want. I won't tell you if you're right, but I'll tell you if you're really wrong.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
MYM11 MOVEMENTS

Duck Twacy

Ponies 2

Regular Show

Only joinable movements have been listed; if you have something planned, PM me about it or mention it in the chat for it to be posted here. However, it must have at least 3 people involved for it to count as a movement.

Click on each link to learn more about a movement.​

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Only joinable movements have been listed; if you have something planned, PM me about it or mention it in the chat for it to be posted here. However, it must have at least 3 people involved for it to count as a movement.​
Putting movement ideas on the thread to inform everyone is an epic sounding idea which I assume you'll be in charge of. I never knew there was a force out there with the power to wreck MYM. Scary. But I don't care about or like My Little Pony since it's a Western Cartoon so at least I'm free to make whatever I want without dying. Yay!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Welp, all the votes are in and counted. Here are the results of the MYM10 Awards!

Best Moveset Designer
1) Bkupa666 9 votes
2) KingK.Rool 8 votes
2) MasterWarlord 8 votes
3) Smash Daddy 7 votes
3) LegendofLink 7 votes
Junahu 6 votes
ForwardArrow 5 votes
MarthTrinity 5 votes
JOE! 5 votes
Tirkaro 3 votes
Nicholas1024 2 votes
Darth_meanie 2 votes
N88_2004 2 votes
Hyper_Ridley 2 votes
Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
Kholdstare 1 vote
half_silver28 1 vote
flyinfilipino

Best New Designer
1) ForwardArrow 10 votes
2) Davidreamcatcha 8 votes
3) HollowKnight 3 votes
Haylstorm 2 votes
ProfPeanut 2 votes
Blackfox 1 vote
mentholcase

Best One-Hit Wonder
1) Omastar by Agidius 9 votes
2) Mismagius by HollowKnight 8 votes
3) Ice Man by Haylstorm 6 votes
3) Drilldozer by Plorf 6 votes
The Iron Giant by Blackfox 5 votes
Team Pedestal by phatcat203 5 votes
Julius Rock by GibbytheCreator 4 votes
Storm by Tanookie 4 votes
Marina by gcubedude 4 votes
Gigan by Zook 3 votes
Tetra by ProfPeanut 3 votes
N. Oxide by Diamondfox 2 votes
Aidan by Chris Lionheart 1 vote
Hippopotas by Wrkngclsshr and N88_2004 1 vote

Best Pokemon Moveset
1) Gengar by KingK.Rool 9 votes
2) Slowbro by MarthTrinity 8 votes
2) Hoppip by ForwardArrow 8 votes
3) Omastar by Agidius 7 votes
3) Gallade by LegendofLink 7 votes
Garbodor by Smash Daddy 6 votes
Kabutops by Kholdstare 6 votes
Mismagius by HollowKnight 6 votes
Pokemon Trainer Joe by JOE! 6 votes
Haunter by KingK.Rool 4 votes
Gastly by KingK.Rool 3 votes
Wailord by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Yanmega by LegendofLink 3 votes
Victini by Junahu 2 votes
Team Pedestal by phatcat203 2 votes
Conkeldurr by flyinfilipino 2 votes
Roserade by flyinfilipino 1 vote
Cofagrigus by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Hippopotas by Wrkngclsshr and N88_2004
Caterpie by Nicholas1024
Thor by SirKibble
Zoroark by smashbot226

Best Comic Book/Manga Set
1) Krillin by Junahu 8 votes
2) Homura Akemi by ForwardArrow 6 votes
2) Clayface by MasterWarlord 6 votes
3) Spider-Man by Nicholas1024 4 votes
3) M.O.D.O.K. by smashbot226 4 votes
3) Clare by half_silver28 4 votes
Ghost Rider by Kholdstare 3 votes
Gamzee by ForwardArrow 2 votes
Two-Face by darth_meanie 1 vote
Venom by N88_2004 1 vote
Rocket Racoon by smashbot226 1 vote
Storm by Tanookie 1 vote
Satana by N88_2004 1 vote

Best Moveset Mechanic
1) Rainbow Dash by MarthTrinity 6 votes
2) N. Tropy by Smash Daddy 5 votes
2) Gallade by LegendofLink 5 votes
3) Clayface by MasterWarlord 4 votes
3) Krillin by Junahu 4 votes
3) Robo-Link MK III by tirkaro 4 votes
Baron K. Roolenstein by Bkupa666 3 votes
Vlad Plasmius by darth_meanie and MasterWarlord 3 votes
The Flying Dutchman by Davidreamcatcha 3 votes
Clare by half_silver28 3 votes
Sid’s Toys by MasterWarlord 3 votes
Team Pedestal by Phatcat203 3 votes
Trainer Joe by JOE! 3 votes
Edgar by Bkupa666 2 votes
Teferi by LegendofLink 2 votes
Dirty Bubble by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Aidan by Chris Lionheart 1 vote
Color Sonic by Chaos Swordsman 1 vote
Portal Man by Nicholas1024 1 vote
Victini by Junahu 1 vote

Best Playstyle
1) Gengar by KingK.Rool 8 votes
2) Pennywise by Bkupa666 6 votes
3) Mr. Banbollow by Smash Daddy 5 votes
3) Krillin by Junahu 5 votes
3) Fluttershy by Junahu 5 votes
Kabutops by Kholdstare 4 votes
N. Tropy by Smash Daddy 4 votes
Baron K. Roolenstein by Bkupa666 4 votes
Wukong by Hyper_Ridley 4 votes
Rainbow Dash by MarthTrinity 4 votes
Sid’s Toys by MasterWarlord 4 votes
Edgar by Bkupa666 3 votes
King Barbovor by MasterWarlord 3 votes
Garbodor by Smash Daddy 3 votes
Homura Akemi by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Gallade by LegendofLink 3 votes
Slowbro by MarthTrinity 2 votes
Concrete Man by Nicholas1024 2 votes
The Flying Dutchman by Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
EED Soldier by JOE! 2 votes
Clare by half_silver28 2 votes
Galaxy Man by Nicholas1024 2 votes
Clayface by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Mr. Mime by Smash Daddy and Nicholas1024 1 vote
Malzahar by N88_2004 1 vote

Funniest Moveset
1) Julius Rock by GibbytheCreator 9 votes
2) Robo-Link MKIII by tirkaro 7 votes
3) Sonic and Tails by LegendofLink 5 votes
Sakurai by Bkupa666 4 votes
Goomba by N88_2004 4 votes
Emidus by Majora_787 4 votes
Edgar by Bkupa666 3 votes
Hostile Elder Oak by MarthTrinity 3 votes
Pennywise by Bkupa666 2 votes
Dixie Kong by mentholcase 1 vote
Meowth by lordvaati 1 vote
Caterpie by Nicholas1024 1 vote

Most Improved Designer
1) Smashbot226 8 votes
2) Nicholas1024 5 votes
2) Davidreamcatcha 5 votes
3) Kholdstare 3 votes
3) gcubedude 3 votes
ForwardArrow 2 votes
Majora_787 2 votes
SirKibble 1 vote

Most Helpful MYMer
1) Smash Daddy 8 votes
2) MarthTrinity 6 votes
2) KingK.Rool 6 votes
3) Junahu 5 votes
Davidreamcatcha 4 votes
Nicholas1024 3 votes
ForwardArrow 3 votes
MasterWarlord 1 vote

Funniest MYMer
1) TheSundanceKid 8 votes
2) tirkaro 6 votes
2) MarthTrinity 6 votes
3) GibbytheCreator 5 votes
3) Kholdstare 5 votes
MasterWarlord 3 votes
KingK.Rool 2 votes
Junahu 2 votes
Bkupa666 2 votes
Majora_787 2 votes
Phatcat203 2 votes
Plorf 1 vote
Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
Katapultar 1 vote
Smash Daddy

Best Commenter
1) MarthTrinity 7 votes
2) MasterWarlord 6 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
3) KingK.Rool 5 votes
Bkupa666 2 votes
Nicholas1024 2 votes
gcubedude 2 votes
Hyper_Ridley 1 vote
half_silver28 1 vote
ForwardArrow 1 vote

Best Leader
1) Bkupa666 7 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
2) Junahu 6 votes
3) MasterWarlord 4 votes
N88_2004 2 votes

MYM10 WINRAR
1) Bkupa666 8 votes
2) KingK.Rool 7 votes
3) Smash Daddy 5 votes
ForwardArrow 4 votes
MarthTrinity 4 votes
Davidreamcatcha 4 votes
MasterWarlord 4 votes
Nicholas1024 3 votes
Junahu 3 votes
GibbytheCreator 3 votes
JOE! 3 votes
N88_2004 2 votes
Kholdstare 2 votes
LegendofLink 1 vote

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer
1) Chief Mendez 10 votes
2) TWILTHERO 7 votes
2) Darth_meanie 7 votes
3) Tanookie 6 votes
Wizzerd 5 votes
Goldwyvern 5 votes
Thrice 4 votes
Cheap_josh 4 votes
Pelikinesis 3 votes
Iron Thorn 2 votes
Spadefox 2 votes
KoJ 1 vote
HeoandReo 1 vote
GreatClayMonkey 1 vote
RWB

And there you have it! I'd like to thank you all for the nominations and votes as always!

And as for that whole hint towards leaving, I kind of am I kind of am not. I'm not going to read every set in the contest anymore, nor will I invest months into drawn-out set plans. I've got a joint set with Kupa in the works, and other than that, I might throw in a quick solo set. Of course if you want me to preview a set or something, I'd be open to it if sent a nice PM. As for the awards. . . it depends. I might ask one of the leaders to carry on the awards for me, I might still do them myself. Either way, thanks for giving the awards so much support over the contests. Just like the top 50, the MYM Awards wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the MYMers themselves. (HUG)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Best Moveset Designer
MarthTrinity 5 votes
Yay. I certainly do enjoy me some votes for best moveset designer. But you're all terrible terrible liars and I don't deserve them ;P Cheers though for the appreciation!~<3

Best Pokemon Moveset
2)Slowbro by MarthTrinity 8 votes
To come so close to tying with what is considered by many to be one of the greatest movesets of the last few contests (Gengar, duh) is a great honor. I'm quite fond of my little Slowbro so I'm glad he got recognized!

Best Moveset Mechanic
1)1. Rainbow Dash by MarthTrinity 6 votes
My little pony, my little pony, ahh ahh ahh ahhh… But seriously! Big thanks to everyone who voted Dashie up to number one on this award! I couldn't have done it without Junahu's inspiration (as her mechanic was influenced by Victini's earlier in the contest. But yeah! Thanks so much for this one guys; personally...Dashie's probably up there as my favorite set. Maybe I should do my self ranking tomorrow...

Best Playstyle
Rainbow Dash by MarthTrinity 4 votes
Slowbro by MarthTrinity 2 votes
So awesome /)^3^(\ <-Link

Funniest Moveset
Hostile Elder Oak by MarthTrinity 3 votes
People actually read my tree?! Le gasp! T'was a fun little one day set and I'm glad it was enjoyed ;P

Most Helpful MYMer
2) MarthTrinity 6 votes
Pshaw. I'm not helpful in the slightest, even less so now that I no longer do the Recap. You're just trying to butter me up. Or get in my pants. Or both. <3

Funniest MYMer
2) MarthTrinity 6 votes
Cheers everyone! At least I'm mildly entertaining to you guys instead of just being mildly annoying ;P

Best Commenter
1) MarthTrinity 7 votes
I would've been an even better commenter had I actually gotten all those promised comments in! With next contest rolling around however, I'll be commenting all the sets as they come...or if I continue M.Trinity comments it'd be as they cum. Either way, glad my comments were enjoyable/helpful and I'll hopefully be getting a ton more out next contest!<3

MYM10 WINRAR
MarthTrinity 4 votes
O u guiz~<3

Smady

Smash Master
Best Moveset Designer
3) Smash Daddy 7 votes
Thanks for all the votes in this category, everyone. This is certainly not a category in which I'd expect to place highly. Kupa's definitely the most deserving person to win this.

Best New Designer
1) ForwardArrow 10 votes
2) Davidreamcatcha 8 votes
3) HollowKnight 3 votes
A handful of excellent newcomers this Make Your Move. Welcome aboard. :bee:

Best One-Hit Wonder
1) Omastar by Agidius 9 votes
2) Mismagius by HollowKnight 8 votes
3) Ice Man by Haylstorm 6 votes
3) Drilldozer by Plorf 6 votes
Seems about right.

Best Pokemon Moveset
1) Gengar by KingK.Rool 9 votes
2) Slowbro by MarthTrinity 8 votes
3) Omastar by Agidius 7 votes
3) Gallade by LegendofLink 7 votes
Again, pretty expected placings and not undeserved. Was cool to see Garbodor almost place and Hoppip do so well from a newcomer.

1) Krillin by Junahu 8 votes
2) Clayface by MasterWarlord 6 votes
3) Spider-Man by Nicholas1024 4 votes
3) M.O.D.O.K. by smashbot226 4 votes
3) Clare by half_silver28 4 votes
Aw, Gamzee didn't even come close to placing. Though yeah, all of these are good sets and again, awesome to see MODOK placing from a newcomer, smashbot. Was actually not too fond of this section in the voting period, but we did get a number of great comic sets.

Best Moveset Mechanic
1) Rainbow Dash by MarthTrinity 6 votes
2) N. Tropy by Smash Daddy 5 votes
2) Gallade by LegendofLink 5 votes
3) Clayface by MasterWarlord 4 votes
3) Krillin by Junahu 4 votes
3) Robo-Link MK III by tirkaro 4 votes
Entropy always wins. Except to ponies.

Best Playstyle
1) Gengar by KingK.Rool 8 votes
2) Pennywise by Bkupa666 6 votes
3) Mr. Banbollow by Smash Daddy 5 votes
3) Krillin by Junahu 5 votes
3) Fluttershy by Junahu 5 votes
Cool to see Banny so high up here. And yeah, duplicates abound! I'm surprised by the lack of symmetry between best mechanic and playstyle. It's very illuminating.

Funniest Moveset
1) Julius Rock by GibbytheCreator 9 votes
2) Robo-Link MKIII by tirkaro 7 votes
3) Sonic and Tails by LegendofLink 5 votes
Great to see Sonic & Tails up here. Finally some joke winners and they aren't my sets.

Most Improved Designer
1) Smashbot226 8 votes
2) Nicholas1024 5 votes
2) Davidreamcatcha 5 votes
3) Kholdstare 3 votes
3) gcubedude 3 votes
ForwardArrow 2 votes
Majora_787 2 votes
SirKibble 1 vote
Very, very big improvements from everyone here. Though as always, I'm not sure I agree with newcomers being on this - they have no context from which they may improve.

Most Helpful MYMer
1) Smash Daddy 8 votes
2) MarthTrinity 6 votes
2) KingK.Rool 6 votes
3) Junahu 5 votes
I think this is one of the few times I've won anything, period, so huge thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Funniest MYMer
1) TheSundanceKid 8 votes
2) tirkaro 6 votes
2) MarthTrinity 6 votes
3) GibbytheCreator 5 votes
3) Kholdstare 5 votes
Whoo, go Sundance. I'd also like to point out that I'm the only person who received no votes here. My failure at this award is becoming somewhat of a running joke. :bee:

Best Commenter
1) MarthTrinity 7 votes
2) MasterWarlord 6 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
3) KingK.Rool 5 votes
Sweetness. Though to be honest, my commenting did sort of dry up at the end there, so I'm not completely happy about it either. Still, cheers for the support and well done MT.

Best Leader
1) Bkupa666 7 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
2) Junahu 6 votes
3) MasterWarlord 4 votes
Kupa definitely upped the ante with his leadership involvement this Make Your Move with plenty of previewing and far better commenting, so it's great to see him win this. And yeah, thanks for voting me too.

MYM10 WINRAR
1) Bkupa666 8 votes
2) KingK.Rool 7 votes
3) Smash Daddy 5 votes
Just barely hanging in at third, but very awesome to get high at all in this category. And I'll say at this point, just thanks in general for all the votes in the awards, everyone. You guys are too nice.

1) Chief Mendez 10 votes
2) TWILTHERO 7 votes
2) Darth_meanie 7 votes
3) Tanookie 6 votes
And Mendez sweeps it after seven contests of absence and hating on the contest. Bah, humbug. I voted for Thrice. :c

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Best Moveset Designer
ForwardArrow 5 votes
MarthTrinity 5 votes
JOE! 5 votes
Well, I can't exactly complain about this, being tied for 5th place with two people who made some rather exceptional sets this contest.
Best New Designer
1) ForwardArrow 10 votes
Comes from being a long time lurker I suppose. Still, I can't say I'm upset about this, though I really do think David would have outperformed me if he made another set or two pre-Pony movement.

Best One-Hit Wonder
I didn't HAVE anything in this category, but still Omastar is a pretty deserving winner. The rest also seems pretty good.

Best Pokemon Moveset
Wailord by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Cofagrigus by ForwardArrow 1 vote
I really do think Cofagrigus was a better set than Wailord, but I'll take what I can get. Hoppip placing so well against some pretty darn tough competition is really something that makes me happy. That said, Kabutops really deserved higher on here.

Gamzee by ForwardArrow 2 votes
I'm not surprised Krillin won, though I don't think it was the deserving winner here. I also TIED what I thought was the deserving winner, but I can't complain. Also, not enough of your people read Gamzee. :mad:

Best Moveset Mechanic
It's funny to see how much moveset mechanics no longer coincide with being the best set. And IMO N. Tropy deserved to win, but that's just me.

Best Playstyle
Homura Akemi by ForwardArrow 3 votes
I think the fact that I was even in this category was an honor, let alone getting a few votes. Also, it's interesting to see Gengar win here, maybe it really does have a shot at taking the contest.

Funniest Moveset
Robo Link MKIII and Julius were pretty hilarious, so not much to complain about here. Good stuff all around, though Emidius is definently funnier than Sonic and Tails.

Most Improved Designer
ForwardArrow 2 votes
Since I apparently started off really well I shouldn't be surprised I didn't do so hot here. Also Nicholas was the deserving winner here, though I'll admit it was cool to see Smashbot step up his game so much.

Most Helpful MYMer
ForwardArrow 3 votes
Funny to see myself place on here at all, though I can't complain. Also Smash Daddy and MT both did REALLY well helping people out this contest, so props to them. Rool did too... though I'll admit his comments were a bit too cryptic at points for some people to figure out.
Funniest MYMer
Eh, not much to talk about here. Sundance winning is expected and correct, as is

Best Commenter
ForwardArrow 1 vote
...why was I even IN this category again? I mean, my comments were alright and there were a lot of them, but most people just said what I did better. Also yeah MT deserved the win and Warlord, Smady, and Rool also made really good comments.

Best Leader
I'd say BKupa did a really good job this contest and honestly I can't complain about him winning, even if his commenting trailed off at the end. I'd personally say Smash Daddy and Warlord did better, but with all the controversy in the SBC I can see why they didn't win.

MYM10 WINRAR
ForwardArrow 4 votes
I think this is a sign Warlord needs to step his game up next contest. Really though, happy to get up this high, and Kupa won this MYM easily. I mean, you can't complain about how much better the guy became with Pennywise and Baron.

Thrice being on here is still hilarious.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Most Improved Designer
SirKibble 1 vote
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I would just like to thank the academy, my loyal fans, and all the little people who got me this far. I won't forget you, little people. :p

As for the other 999 votes listed, they all seem about right to me. The sheer number of ties within the top 3's ought to tell you how much good quality movesetting there was in this contest. Congrats to all who won or placed high. You certainly deserved it.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
2) TWILTHERO 7 votes
Aww, really guys? You're the best! <3 Yes, I am returning to MYM now, but seriously...this means a lot. Thanks to all that voted for me!

Anyway, congrats to all the other winners! Y'all deserved it. :bee:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wow, to be honest, I expected maybe Top 3 for MYM WINNAR, but definitely not Best Leader. I guess leading by example is more powerful than I previously thought...

Gengar seems to have a leg up over Pennywise in the playstyle section, which is interesting, because it reveals more about the set preferences of the demographic who votes in the Awards (yes, one exists). Whether this affects the Top 50 at all, I'll leave you all to determine when Smady posts it either tonight or tomorrow. Get hype!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Totally not surprised about my placings as this has been my most inactive MYM by far (I've been biding my time). But I'm definitely glad that Gib's Julius Rock rocks in the eyes of MYM; hoping to see it get a high place in the Top 50 as the Colonel Sanders of MYMX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom