• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

DC

Smash Cadet
I'm seriously playing firebrand. Afro copying my characters as usual.

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Inb4 kirby

Anyway if phoenix wright sucks I'm not playing marvel. If he's good then ill pick it up. I find it hard to play a game competitively where my favorite character isn't at least viable. Luckily for me almost all chars I pick in fighting games pre-release are decent enough

AfroQT

Smash Master
Inb4 kirby

Anyway if phoenix wright sucks I'm not playing marvel. If he's good then ill pick it up. I find it hard to play a game competitively where my favorite character isn't at least viable. Luckily for me almost all chars I pick in fighting games pre-release are decent enough

kirby = secondary BUT AIGHT

DC

Smash Cadet
Except we dont play any of the same characters in any game?
Bro as soon as I said I wanted to play Spencer, you started playing him lol.

That's why I quit.

ANYWAY the TSA called me back. Airport Assessment on Tuesday! I'm stupid excited.

DC

Smash Cadet
I also got the job at Lego and the job as a child counselor and I still work at a law office and I babysit every weekend and I'm a full time student.

STILL HOMELESS. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Bro as soon as I said I wanted to play Spencer, you started playing him lol.

That's why I quit.

ANYWAY the TSA called me back. Airport Assessment on Tuesday! I'm stupid excited.

***** when you said you wanted to play Spencer, i had already achieved godlike spencer status....da **** outta here...

Two-Ell

Smash Master
what do you know, it's been over a month since this was posted in. Anyway

@SFL I want to know when some of you are buying your Apex tickets. I'm going to buy mine around the end of this month. I just wanted to know if anyone was interested in flying together like when some of us went to KTAR6.

@rest of FL Also I'm wondering how some of y'all are goin' about getting housing for it. Anyone splitting a hotel room/suite?

:rosalina:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I planned to stay at a hotel I stayed at last apex. It's not the official hotel but it IS half the price. And a van can from the hotel to the venue was only 12-14 dollars per trip. So like 2 bucks a person

As far as when ill be able to get my plane ticket I honestly have no idea

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i just need somewhere to stay, i got a friend in NY, but it'd be nice if i didn't have to commute back and forth each night/day and i wana get some legit practice in... well seeeee

Two-Ell

Smash Master
who would be interested in getting an official Apex hotel room? post if you're interested. I'll give you guys a week or two and then we can decide on booking(how big, who to let in after booking, etc.).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I mean id possibly be down for splitting an official apex hotel room if all else fails. The other place is next door to a fuddruckers :laugh:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Speaking of which....ty for bringing Apex up, 2link.

So, as you guys know, Spring Semester starts the week after Apex. I want to bring my car up to Clemson for Spring so I'm not stranded and I can, y'know, actually do things outside of the school. Because of this, I will be driving to the Atlanta airport on either the Wednesday or Thursday before Apex, and flying out of there. It would be nice if people drove with me, and the tickets would probably be cheaper out of Atlanta (Due to being a major Delta hub. I actually need to check ticket prices). It would be a road trip, and I know Danny is coming with me. I would like 2 more people (4 people is more comfortable for everybody), so who is willing?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm looking at rooms.

The rate for a quad-occupancy room for all three nights will be about $530

A triple-occupancy will be around $450

Now obv after we decide what FL want to buy in, we can post the room as a listing in the Apex housing thread(if we don't already fill it up with peeps in this state). This is official hotel so we know there will be people who want in. Before that happens I'll give people time to ask OoS friend-smashers as they'll have priority over random people.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Speaking of which....ty for bringing Apex up, 2link.

So, as you guys know, Spring Semester starts the week after Apex. I want to bring my car up to Clemson for Spring so I'm not stranded and I can, y'know, actually do things outside of the school. Because of this, I will be driving to the Atlanta airport on either the Wednesday or Thursday before Apex, and flying out of there. It would be nice if people drove with me, and the tickets would probably be cheaper out of Atlanta (Due to being a major Delta hub. I actually need to check ticket prices). It would be a road trip, and I know Danny is coming with me. I would like 2 more people (4 people is more comfortable for everybody), so who is willing?
I am and I think the only way I'm going to Apex is with Danny.

M@v

Subarashii!
If you guys are interested, I am likely buying a room in the main hotel(the Hyatt). As of now, I only have me +1 confirmed for it. If any of the florida guys I know would be interested(or someone I know+friends) let me know. I don't know exactly what I'm doing yet, but I'm trying to get my housing for APEX straightened out by the beginning of november if possible.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
taylor, IMO, dont go unless U want to go, don't worry about what other people want

at the end of the day, you'd be spending the money you worked for, not the money others are giving you

Two-Ell

Smash Master
He's just saying the moment when you let go of that $200+ for that plane ticket, registration and housing. Do it and say because you wanted to go, not because all your friends want you to.

DC

Smash Cadet
I hope you all die.

Not on the plane though. (lol gdx)

btw last weekend tournament was ironically the worst tournament I've been to and some of the most fun I've had with Smash players!

Needless to say I will be at the next one with
A. Less intent to play videogames
B. More alcohol

Top Bottom