• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

DC

Smash Cadet
LOL I'm kinda glad the **** **** *** tournament didn't even happen correctly because alcohol always takes precedence!

2Link stay hatin on my buzzed driving

SHOULD I UPLOAD THAT VIDEO OF A DOZEN SMASH PLAYERS ****TING ON THE TOURNAMENT? LOL HOLY **** THAT VIDEO IS MEAN AS ****

Xaltis

Smash Hero
LOL I'm kinda glad the **** **** *** tournament didn't even happen correctly because alcohol always takes precedence!

2Link stay hatin on my buzzed driving

SHOULD I UPLOAD THAT VIDEO OF A DOZEN SMASH PLAYERS ****TING ON THE TOURNAMENT? LOL HOLY **** THAT VIDEO IS MEAN AS ****
Yo playing brawl minus with you DC was fun. **** Kirby lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I have As in all of my classes right now, and as long as I get at least all B+s this semester I can go to Apex lawlz. Just sucks I can't buy my ticket now while it's still hot...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Apparently there's a sale now but I don't get paid until Friday. Even then I doubt I'd be able to buy it this weekend

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'll post it here too

If you go to southwest airline's page, they have a 3 day sale (ending thurs at 11L59pm) thats 65$ for Orlando - Newark.

I bought my tickets, because they're cheap as ****.

You guys should act now. Solidify your plans.
And come on my flight so we can go together.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm sorry Taylor. That's not a good enough answer right with this being so close(the rooms will go out fast around mid/late-November). I need to know for sure and you been so iffy about it lately. I don't know why you're so unsure about this trip lol. I'm not trying to offend you here, but I just need to see you registered for this before I add you as an interested party.

You have about a week or two to decide I suppose so maybe I'm being a bit too strict about it. I'm just a person who likes to take of these things early and at the best time lol. Today should be about a full pay period from the time when I want to book this room, people need to have they're money ready and such.

I'm going to start talking to the people who I know are interested and going for sure during this weekend. We might see about doing more than one room as the number of confirmed people grow.

:rosalina:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah Xaltis, considering you would be going in my car...you have to figure your **** out soon, ESPECIALLY if you are going with me because then you would be flying out of Atlanta.

I'll be booking my flight tomorrow.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
2Link, how much is it??

Maybe i'll stay in the FL hotel if it's cheap.

edit:

I told dapuffster i'd stay with him for a day or a few.
But i also get into town on Wed.
IF the hotel is rather cheap i'll stay with ya'll.

But, it was hard enough for me to afford this lol

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm looking at rooms.

The rate for a quad-occupancy room for all three nights will be about $530

A triple-occupancy will be around $450

Now obv after we decide what FL want to buy in, we can post the room as a listing in the Apex housing thread(if we don't already fill it up with peeps in this state). This is official hotel so we know there will be people who want in. Before that happens I'll give people time to ask OoS friend-smashers as they'll have priority over random people.

^this

with enough people in a room(six-eight in a quad), it should actually be pretty decent. With more people, we can plan out more rooms.

Actually, how many people would you guys feel comfortable buying into a room before we get another?

Eight people in a quad would mean $67 for the whole weekend(Fri-Sun night).

Basically $23 a night.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
A quad? Me no comprende

Also I'm going but I havnt bought anything yet. I wonder if I can convince anyone to buy me a ticket now and I pay them back >.>

And also 23 a night? Sheesh how big is a quad? I'll link the hotel I'm talking about when I get home tonight

Two-Ell

Smash Master
A quad is a four-guest room. It has two very large beds. It's basically like the suites we were in for KTAR.

is $23 a night expensive? Lol. That seems pretty reasonable for the hotel we're getting. Unless you want to put more than eight people into a room.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
No funds for apex atm. As of right now im not goin to apex until I can manage my money better

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i definitely dont want more than 8 people, just wondering at the size of the room

the one I planned to go to would be 23 for the whole weekend, but its farther away, and probably isnt as big

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
why wednesday? Tourney starts friday...brawl part of the tourne starts saturday

and also, id buy a ticket if i had $180, but i spent in on medical-related stuff last week

whatever garret you can count me in for the hotel room if we get the 8 people

M@v

Subarashii!
Just vouching for the hyatt rengency here(The official apex hotel)

Place is really nice, has a decked out bar in the lobby area. The only drawback I remember is I'm pretty sure you can't plug in wiis to the stock tvs :(. This was a year and a half ago though.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Just vouching for the hyatt rengency here(The official apex hotel)

Place is really nice, has a decked out bar in the lobby area. The only drawback I remember is I'm pretty sure you can't plug in wiis to the stock tvs :(. This was a year and a half ago though.
Damn. Legit.

How much is this?

And GDX, i wanna see NJ and NY. lol.
I'm staying with Dapuffster for those two nights if i'm not mistaken. If i am mistaken, i'll work it out.

For the weekend, i want to do the cheapest option. I would gladly like to call dibs on that 8 people for the time being.

How much would it cost if we carny style in the Hyatt?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
whatever, im down for the nicer place. Garret you can count me in

I don't drink so I dont care about the bar. Might as well look up what other nice things they may have

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I laid out all the prices earlier. $23 a night, eight people per room(which will be a Quad). Any more than that and we'll establish a new room.

I'll probably make a thread and I'll make out slots for the rooms and people can buy in from there.

Here's a description for the Quadruple-Occupancy room:

Beautiful views in these New Brunswick accommodations combine with a warm, modern decor in a spacious 247-square-foot room. Relax upon two double Hyatt Grand Beds, fitted with luxurious linens, a down throw and plush pillows - piled atop an irresistible pillow-top mattress. Enjoy deluxe amenities including a generous work area, wireless high-speed Internet access, dual-line speakerphone with voicemail, new deluxe baths with Neutrogena products, and complimentary morning newspaper. Take advantage of cable / satellite channels and video-on-demand on the 32-inch LCD TV, a coffee maker, video checkout, a roomy separate sitting area and an iHome clock radio and iPod dock.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nah, this time im definitely getting bed

I literally never get it unless I accidentally fall asleep on it while everyone else is playing something

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Why don't we just have 2 people per bed?

It's not too hard lol. When i go to tampa we have 3 people per bed, and those are queens.

I'm just sayin'.

I'd like to avoid spending so much for the weekend on a hotel. But i guess if it's nice enough i'll do it.

The world isn't ready.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Why didn't you buy Southwest?

If i stay at the FL hotel, i hope someone is goin' home monday morning too. XD

Sunday's only for the top 8 right?
I'd like to go to NYC on sunday.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah Sunday is Top eight and Allbrawl I think. I'm going to NYC on Thursday and yeah I'm leaving Monday lol.

nah Southwest is barely any cheaper than anything else right now actually. It didn't make much difference to me.

Plus I heard JetBlue has blue peanuts. I def want those. You all know how much I rock the blue. This airline seemed fitting~

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If you want to go to NYC on thurs, tell me. Me and Dapuffster may tag along.
That'd be cool :)

I also wanna do whatever FGCU decides to do.

Idk if you heard, but Viper got FGCU to sponsor them for APEX, with a hotel and gas and entry. XD because he's in the video game club.
Pretty epic.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
If anyone else is coming on thursday we could go to NYC as a group and tour the city lol.

also yeah I remember him mentioning it somewhere. He's actually looking to fill one more spot in his van of ten right now iirc.

Top Bottom