• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

john!

Smash Hero
lol omg you guys

aren't there other threads for atheists and christians to throw their baseless beliefs at each other?

i mean... their baseless beliefs that aren't about the tier list?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Since when believing in something has to be based on something? You don't need anything to believe in something, just hope. This is normally how powerful people come to pass, they have the courage to go through things "normal" people do not even dare to delve into.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
lol omg you guys

aren't there other threads for atheists and christians to throw their baseless beliefs at each other?

i mean... their baseless beliefs that aren't about the tier list?
As a theist myslef(and I think others will agree with me), I don't feel like my beliefs are baseless, because I can feel god(albeit slightly). For better or for worse he has worked his way into my life, and disbelieving him at this point would take more faith than to believe in him.

Also something about religion is that if we could prove it then I believe it loses all value. Why would God care if we believe in him once we know he's there? The entire point of faith is that you don't KNOW. Faith would be meaningless and uninspiring if it was knowledge instead of faith.

john!

Smash Hero
you don't have to base it on anything... but you can only justify your beliefs with evidence... and as you gather more evidence, your beliefs become knowledge.

maybe i'm skeptical because i've never seen any religious debate convince anyone of anything.

but that discussion is over and we should get back to talking about the tier list. you can PM me about it if you want i guess

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you don't have to base it on anything unless you go around talking about it and then people ask you to justify your claims.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Honestly, I think Peach loses to everyone in the top seven except for Falco. I think that MU is dead even for her.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, I think Peach loses to everyone in the top seven except for Falco. I think that MU is dead even for her.
Yeah, exactly. And she doesn't actually win any of the matches in top 7. It's kinda silly for her to be placed above Falcon.

In addition she as a much harder against most lower tier characters than falcon does.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I agree with that too too. I think peach has a small disadvantage to fox, marth, sheik, falcon, jiggs (worst to jiggs)

but peach is definitely better than falcon is still. Falco vs falcon is almost unwinnable if the falco is playing well (that's what me and hax think anyway), because of death combos (Dair combos last above 40% which is freaking crazy), and it's easy to dair spike falcon more than any other character. ICs might be better than falcon too, I don't know. Doc is definitely 9th, after these characters, without question. Pikachu is most likely 10th.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I agree with that too too. I think peach has a small disadvantage to fox, marth, sheik, falcon, jiggs (worst to jiggs)

but peach is definitely better than falcon is still. Falco vs falcon is almost unwinnable if the falco is playing well (that's what me and hax think anyway), because of death combos (Dair combos last above 40% which is freaking crazy), and it's easy to dair spike falcon more than any other character. ICs might be better than falcon too, I don't know. Doc is definitely 9th, after these characters, without question. Pikachu is most likely 10th.
You'd say Peach is better than Falcon because he loses to Falco worse than peach does, despite the fact that Peach also loses to Fox, Shiek, Marth, Puff and Falcon? That one match up is all Peach has over Falcon, so how can you say she is definitely better than he is?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I can't think of a good reason why Peach is better than Falcon in terms of character matchups, but I should think that it would be obvious when we look at character attributes, perhaps? I'm not entirely sure.

If we were focusing on character MUs alone, then one would have a very convincing argument for Falcon being above Peach.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i agree with m2k on those placings

interesting how the meta has evolved. i really can visualize now how puff has the advantage vs peach

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well what I meant was that perhaps Falcon isn't as good of a character as Peach because of his moveset/mobility/options, as opposed to his performance against other characters. But I'm not sure if this makes sense, either.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Damn I missed the religion discussion, that would have been the first time I knew what I was talking about in a tier list discussion.

Mind you that entire discussion was a joke, it's clear none of you had read any sophisticated literature on theology and the philosophy of religion.

Anyway, if any of you guys want to discuss religion, come to the Debate Hall.

Teh recruitingz.

:phone:

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Damn I missed the religion discussion, that would have been the first time I knew what I was talking about in a tier list discussion.

Mind you that entire discussion was a joke, it's clear none of you had read any sophisticated literature on theology and the philosophy of religion.

Anyway, if any of you guys want to discuss religion, come to the Debate Hall.

Teh recruitingz.

:phone:
You have your hands full as it is getting smacked around by me. Go back to the Proving Grounds until you learn more about applied Ethics.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I'd have Ganon above Samus, he actually has kill moves, priority and range. Samus got mad get-backs and tricksies but if you know how to deal with those things she is quite naked underneath that armor.

And yea I def agree about Beat!'s placement of pika though. That rat is underrated.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Samus has kill moves and range... And a much better shield game than ganon. And better mobility/speed. Ganon is much more of a gimmick and abusable character than samus is. Doc is probably better than them both though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Ganon should be number 1 on the tier list, because he is the best character in the game. Here is my extremely well thought out reasoning for this:
  • Ganon has strong attacks, which clearly means he has muscles. Many girls find this attractive.
  • Ganon has purple attacks. Purple is the color of royalty. Clearly, Ganon is a king. But he's not just any king, he's the king of Melee
  • Ganon can make himself purple. These further proves that he is the king.
  • Ganon's attacks produce smoke. Some people would refer to him as being "Smoking Hot".
  • Ganon has a beard.
  • Ganon has a purple slow motion Falcon Punch. Sure, Falcon can use the falcon punch too, but he doesn't get to feel like he's in the matrix.
  • Ganon's attacks, especially the Dark Dive, create electricity. This shows that whenever he meets a girl, there's a spark between them.
  • Ganon actually beat Link in every Zelda game - they had to censor the ending because Link made too much of a scene when he lost.
  • Ganon gets "*****" by Shiek. Who wouldn't want that?
  • Ganon has a Wizard's Foot. That's way cooler than that Wizard's Wand Harry Potter was stuck with.
  • Ganon can use the Gerudo Dragon. Six more and he gets a wish.
  • Ganon has a Meteor Smash. Now we know what happened to the dinosaurs.
  • Ganon can spin around when he taunts. Now we know where Link got his Spin Attack from.
  • He's Ganon.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
John, your...ah...reasoning, has left me quite speechless. I think that, as a Peach main, I shall agree, and say that Peach should be number 1. Your argument is seamless.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was going to be indignant, but then realized that there is probably truth in that, to some degree.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok i want to give this a go

S tier
Falco
Fox
Jiggs
Sheik

A tier
Peach
Marth
CF

B tier
IC's

C tier
Doc
Ganon
Pika

After this i am not sure if it should go mario then samus or samus then mario. (I dont think samus is that great of character but thats just imo)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
http://www.philoonline.org/library/smith_4_2.htm

When arrogance and ignorance to the highest degree combine: New Atheism
This guy is an atheist by the way.

That statement won't serve much purpose here, because the majority of the people who debated religion here probably haven't read enough relevant literature to know what new atheism is, and probably aren't educated enough in that literature to know why that's an insult, especially coming from another atheist.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
interesting how the meta has evolved. i really can visualize now how puff has the advantage vs peach
You don't need to visualize it. Armada vs Hungrybox, Grand Finals.

@Leffen. That reply to PP was legit. Make more of those posts and less stereotyping and yet simultaneously calling people ignorant. The hypocrisy makes my brain hurt.

Little late but while we're on Yoshi, that character is interesting as ****. Like seriously, really underutilised big deal stuff going on in that character's development. And I don't just mean parry, though that's ******** in its own right.

Top Bottom