• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 5: No Escape - Thanks to everyone that watched ^_^!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mprime

Smash Ace
We should unban mk this tournament so we can get some more training against mk in a tournament atmoshpere before Apex.

:phone:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
but then the new css would be irrelevant!

Mprime

Smash Ace
It is just one tournament and our top players aka: "Tinman" and "Toronto Joe" are going there next month to compete and represent GTA. Do we not we want GTA's best to be sharp on not only the most difficult match up, but the most common as well? Less we forget the greater deal of experience you gain when you have to perform under the pressure of a tournament. I would certainly hope our best can take this match up as calm and relaxed as possible when they have to undergo the pressure of APEX.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I think we got this many people from the Meta ban.

No one really wants to be watching the same thing over and over again.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
It is just one tournament and our top players aka: "Tinman" and "Toronto Joe" are going there next month to compete and represent GTA. Do we not we want GTA's best to be sharp on not only the most difficult match up, but the most common as well? Less we forget the greater deal of experience you gain when you have to perform under the pressure of a tournament. I would certainly hope our best can take this match up as calm and relaxed as possible when they have to undergo the pressure of APEX.

thats why youll find me on wifi and in training mode!

Drekken

Smash Cadet
ESC will be on board to support and sponsor the stream for this event! We will feature the stream on the front of eschamp.com , look forward to seeing you guys on saturday ! I will post the schedule soon!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
In retrospect, I should have reserved another post on the 1st page, but oh well :awesome:

LIVESTREAM

I'd like to thank ESChamp for providing a Livestream for this tournament. I hope for this tournament to be the most successful Brawl Livestream in Canadian history. My tournaments have reached 60 people on stream simultaneously in the past and I want this one to get even more. The tournaments featured and stacked with plenty of competition. So we have a great product here and it deserves a lot of publicity!

Volunteers for commentary

If you want to commentate LET ME KNOW! Ideally you should be able to keep it professional, have confidence as an entertainer, and understand the game fairly well. We need about 5(ish) people since we need a commentator on at all times (ideally) and people will be in matches.

GTA Character Select Screen

I asked ESChamp if they would allow Cruxis' CSS to be on the livestream setup. However it has been decided that it will not be used. ESChamp feels that the CSS would be good as a temporary joke, however it would not be suitable for the entire duration of the tournament since only a small minority of people (the Ontario and Quebec players) would be able to relate to it and the stream is meant to appeal to a large variety of audiences.

TOURNAMENT EXECUTION

As you all know, this tournament's bracket will feature pools in loser's for more accurate results. I believe in my ability to run this tournament efficiently so that it's not running over time. There are also some measures that I'm going to take in order to help the execution of this tournament.

Please bring setups

TV's and Wii's + Brawl will be appreciated. Most people have them, so please bring them. I wan't to make sure every TV that can be used, is being used. Even if it means that some Wii's don't end up being used. The point is to have them there just in case. If they don't get used, it goes back in your bag and nobody gets hurt.STAGE AND CHARACTER TEXTURES ARE BANNED! AND PEOPLE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY ON A STANDARD SETUP (aka removing the SD card to play the game without the hacks).

Tournament Matches > Money Matches/Going out to eat/Friendlies

If you're in a friendly, and you have a match, you'll be expected to stop playing IMMEDIATELY. If you're in a Money Match, and you have a match you'll be expected to stop playing after the game is over and play your tournament match. If you're going out to eat, TELL ME so that I can account for it, and provide a solution for everyone. It would be ideal that you go out to eat before the tourney starts, and during the "down period". AND TAKE YOUR FOOD TO GO! This is all to ensure the tournament runs efficiently.

Tournament Schedule

I updated the OP with it. The idea behind running winners for both events first, then losers for both events is to make it easier to run the losers bracket. Since people will be knocked into losers bracket for Doubles, they will have time to play the winners bracket of the singles while Doubles winners is finishing, then Doubles losers starts while Singles winners is finishing, then Singles losers starts while Doubles is finishing.

and above all else...
HAVE FUN ^_^

I'm very excited to give this new system a try. The results are going to be more accurate than any other tourney in our region. This tourney is only 3 days away, so make sure you get all the practice you can get because you're all in for a lot of matches! And you'll want to make a good impression for the PR update that will happen after this tourney!

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
alrighty!!! Guys it looks like ill be able to get out of the appointment and show
So beware of team smexy!
Sad part is since viva is a bish and still on strike i have no way to get there/back anyone willing to drive up to Richmond hill????

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I don't recall your tournaments getting 60+ ever. And who gives a **** if people can't relate to textures? THe characters WILL LOOK like the originals. Besides that's more entertaining and would probably attract more heads. But do what you want for your tournament, I just don't see the good reasons to remove such fun that someone has made for us. I'll enjoy the tournament regardless.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
wtf i made a censored version for nothing? lol

Patches

Smash Master
Btw tin. I understand tournaments have time restraints and ****. But you've got to ease up a little. Tournaments are supposed to be fun where people can play games, as well as hang out and chill. Even outside of the venue. You've got to be a little less commanding about all this ****.

Mprime

Smash Ace
I agree with ally about the textures. I doubt anyone will give a **** if they see our funny and awesome character select menu, it is all about the matches in the end.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
[QUOTE='[YRSF]
GTA Character Select Screen

I asked ESChamp if they would allow Cruxis' CSS to be on the livestream setup. However it has been decided that it will not be used. ESChamp feels that the CSS would be good as a temporary joke, however it would not be suitable for the entire duration of the tournament since only a small minority of people (the Ontario and Quebec players) would be able to relate to it and the stream is meant to appeal to a large variety of audiences.[/QUOTE]

are you fuckin shittin me i spent so many god damn hours and effort into that only for it not to be allowed on the stream?! thats lame as fuck bro who gives a shit if people watching the stream cant relate, this is OUR scene and this is OUR pride, its about US not about them, they can LEARN to relate and they can learn who we are.
honestly, if i was watching a stream of an american tourney online, and i saw a similar looking CSS with that region's players, i would think "that is pretty cool, who are these players, id like to know more." i wouldnt focken sit there and say GRRR I CANT RELATE DISLIKE GRR
so little pride is shown in GTA Brawl and this CSS is a humorous way of showing that pride. no offense to dreken but if he doesnt support that then we dont need his stream.

I don't recall your tournaments getting 60+ ever. And who gives a **** if people can't relate to textures? THe characters WILL LOOK like the originals. Besides that's more entertaining and would probably attract more heads. But do what you want for your tournament, I just don't see the good reasons to remove such fun that someone has made for us. I'll enjoy the tournament regardless.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Btw tin. I understand tournaments have time restraints and ****. But you've got to ease up a little. Tournaments are supposed to be fun where people can play games, as well as hang out and chill. Even outside of the venue. You've got to be a little less commanding about all this ****.
exactly, while i understand you want to look professional tin in the end its all about the fun we had. what wll players remember in the future, some focken matches, or a hilarious custom screen featuring our players? seriously man

Patches

Smash Master
^^^

We understand it's all professional and whatnot. But like I said. Give us a bit of freedom. Lol. When I go out and eat, I wanna go out and eat and chill. Not bring it to a crammed venue and not even have a chair to use

Edit: regarding the stream. Swf classifies this as a major tournament. People are gonna be watching no matter what. So why not use the CSS. Show off cruxis' skill and ability to do what He did. Give them some lols. They'll be jealous and envious of our community.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Considering how there have been issues in the past with people ****ing around and not playing their matches, and given the format of this tourney, I think that being strict is pretty necessary.

I know how it is, having to run things for a large group of people - anytime you introduce any sort of change, or reject an idea, you get a wave of **** in your face even though you're just trying to do your best to get things done for everyone.

Lay off, and try to enjoy the tourney, seriously. Cause it's gonna be good regardless.

This isn't me ****riding a tio, or hating on our scene or anyone in it, cause quite honestly, everyone in our scene is awesome, especially cruxis. I just know how it is to get a whole bunch of bs from people when you try to do something good for them.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
ive been showing the CSS to ppl who are like "wow my region needs one of those"

outside of swf but still

showing the css might get more ppl to react the same way, even people who don't know ANY of us except me and cruxis still think this is the greatest thing ever and want to get in on it

plus it wouldnt hurt for viewers to see a pic of the player before the match begins if that player uses whoever theyre designated as ;)

but w/e scrub opinions lol

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Get told Tin.

But yeah I understand the strictness of getting the matches done fast and stuff since well... Of all the times I've been at T.Dot tourneys its true that people slack a whole lot and never get the matches done till 20-45 mins later(causing a hold up in brackets) but concerning the textures... I don't see how it has to do with anything since it's only on the character screen. Everyone already said what had to be said about that so I don't need to say it all over again.

I'm down to try commentary again.

Mprime

Smash Ace
I strongly agree with all u guys as well. We should have a vote, it isn't just tinmans scene after all it is everyones

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Another miscommunication.

For the record, this is a rule Drekken has, not me.

MEANING IF U MAD NO ABOUT CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN, TALK TO DREKKEN, IT'S HIS STREAM.

Sorry ya'll :ohwell:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
just because drekken said it doesnt mean you have to listen. talk to drekken, you are the TO, tell him about the complaints. or find another stream. ESC is not the only stream in GTA.

tin u always talk about wanting to enlarge the community and make it healthier, the CSS is honestly a great way of doing that. when people watch the stream and see the CSS they will see our players' names, get to know our characters and everything and not to mention they will just see the charisma of the scene and how we actually made something so epic as the CSS.
i mean which other region do u know that actually has something like this?? for all we know it could spread and more regions could want to do it, when we started this.

Patches

Smash Master
The least you could do is talk to him about it tin.

Take suggestions from the community. Remember, we're a family. You're not the only one in it

Tin Man

Smash Hero
just because drekken said it doesnt mean you have to listen. talk to drekken, you are the TO, tell him about the complaints. or find another stream. ESC is not the only stream in GTA.

tin u always talk about wanting to enlarge the community and make it healthier, the CSS is honestly a great way of doing that. when people watch the stream and see the CSS they will see our players' names, get to know our characters and everything and not to mention they will just see the charisma of the scene and how we actually made something so epic as the CSS.
i mean which other region do u know that actually has something like this?? for all we know it could spread and more regions could want to do it, when we started this.
You're under the impression that I don't want the CSS. This isn't true. I even asked someone to make a sensored version of it because professionalism is objectively better (and I stated why in the 1st post).

The least you could do is talk to him about it tin.

Take suggestions from the community. Remember, we're a family. You're not the only one in it
Stuff like this could be changed to "Please talk to Drekken about the CSS since many of us want it to be used". Of course I know I'm not the only person in the scene, and again, I don't have any problem talking to him about this.

Back to what Cruxis said, the only other stream in Ontario for Brawl is Neko's stream. That doesn't get as many hit's as Drekken's stream would. And exposure is the most important element of all of this.

Also, thanks to those that support the efficiency I'm lookin for <3.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Tin if u simply say "drekken's choice, too bad" itmeans that u dont care enough about the CSS to work for it to be on the stream. you claim that you cant change his mind but you havent even talked to him, you havent even tried. maybe drekken isnt under the impression that a lot, if not all of our players are against his decision.

and sometimes it is about more than just exposure. you are gonna post the link to the stream on this tourney, whether its drekken's stream, or neko's stream, so people are gonna see it one way or another. this is about our scene's pride not exposure, as cheesy as this sounds, its true.

i want people in US to see this CSS. I want them to see we are proud of our community and we want to represent every single one of our players.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
btw Dirt, we should do a $2 Random button MM.
I know you enjoy using the whole roster probably as much as I do

Anyone else interested in one, hit me up @ the venue

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
if youre actually wanting to talk to him about it Tin i could back you up if it means anything & im sure others would too...

1 of my friends in the US wants to make one of these for his region now and im sure if i showed it to more people id get more reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom