• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Once you start to learn Jebus' circumstances, you start to see and understand where this painfully thick layer of bias comes from.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
We do get camped, but we're just as good at running away as the characters camping us are at camping us. We've got good air speed, awesome vertical mobility, planking, can crouch under projectiles, bucket, Uair, Invincible Up-B OOS for escapes, and the windbox on up-b, retreating bair and a nair that protects us on all sides except under us. We can force approaches by being slippery. It doesn't work on every character which is why we're not that good, but it severely changes some matchups that could be way worse than they are or even ones that could be potentially bad for us. We also have two extremely strong counterpicks in Rainbow Cruise (We do better than MK here) and Brinstar. We're definitely not terrible but we're borderline good. I do feel that we're about the same level of Fox, Wolf, and Peach. Except we don't have the whole Pikachu deal like Fox and Wolf, and we do better on more stages than those 3 characters do.

GW's moveset is too good to be average but the character is too bad to be good, sorta deal. He should always be the lowest high tier IMO

Edit: but yeah GW doesn't suck, people just aren't really familiar with a lot of the dumb stuff he has. The fact that people think we're on ROB and Kirby's level is just sorta ignorant. It's not 2008, we can do more than shorthop bair approach.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pretty much every nontoptier has some kind of an abusable weakness that keeps them out of higher tiers. G&W isn't the only one. Also when your opponent fails at camping us they get punished pretty well. Our crouch and bucket are also amazing. He is where he should be right now.

:phone:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
thats bad blanket logic and to be honest, you can apply that to almost every character thats not top tier.
Most if not all of the high tier characters can just wait for the kill to happen. The only kill move G&W can really rely on is F-air. He has no other fast kill moves and he has no kill options OOS

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
vinnie could learn so much from you, jebus. you should probably mentor that scrub

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
vinnie could learn so much from you, jebus. you should probably mentor that scrub
Vinnie is a smart player. He gets most of his kills from his reads. When I see more players do what he can do with G&W, then I'll change my mind.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Only the sourspot, which is significantly weaker than the sweetspot, but only if the opponent doesn't tech roll, iirc.

Steam

Smash Hero
G&W is an absolutely terrifying character that I hate having to play against.

that being said he's pretty easy to pick apart... but his stuff is so good he's probably correct to be where he is right now.

Judo777

Smash Master
I think I know more about G&W than you do. The only reason G&W looks like a bad character is because GW players get impatient and throw out high priority moves without thinking at all, and once their moves get beat they don't know what to do.
Fixed for you Jebus.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I meant to say starting. Low start up lag and long ending lag wouldn't really be a big problem for a kill move as long as it hits

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
honestly a kill move with high start up and low lag is scarier to me than a kill move with low start up and high lag.

the high start up move is asking you to try and hit it before it comes out, but if you arent perfect with your timing, you die. where as with the fast kill move, I can just play defensive pre-emptively and punish it should it come out.

Steam

Smash Hero
the high start up move is asking you to try and hit it before it comes out, but if you arent perfect with your timing, you die. where as with the fast kill move, I can just play defensive pre-emptively and punish it should it come out.
why I hate playing against G&W as lucario in a nutshell. I have to be really on point or I can be raaaped at 80% and die.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I used to main GW and then since coming back really haven't played him much, but I might have to pick him back up as a 2nd char, since I feel he counters many characters I struggle with, cept Marth of course...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
G&W smashes shouldn't hit you, but playing smart you can really bait with that stuff. It's not like you can just shield and his moves are blocked like pretty much everyone else.
This is not 2011, but turtle is still a good move guys. I don't see everyone SDI behind us the moment we use and punish us really hard.
Also we can land our killmoves on all characters from a downthrow.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Did I really say 2011? I just mindgamed myself D:
Obviously I mean't to say 2008, but that's what you get for thinking about stuff while writing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
honestly a kill move with high start up and low lag is scarier to me than a kill move with low start up and high lag.

Lol, the funniest part is, IIRC, the freeze frame on G&W USmash charge is different than almost every other smash in the game. Most moves (the only other one I know is Ivysaur's FSmash which is two frames) charge three frames before the attack comes out, but I believe G&W USmash is only one frame.

I also like the way that Jebus editted his post after Kuro called him out.

Judo777

Smash Master
GW's cooldown / IASA frame on dsmash is pretty ******** too. Also Fair is the oppoesite of his smashes (low startup larrger cool down).

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol even jebus has to admit when he's wrong about facts regardless of why he was wrong(aka typo or not).

Everyone is wrong sometimes.

I personally just dislike GaW nair...that moves properties annoy me :p

Doc King

Smash Lord
Yes, I find it hilarious.
but I also find it hilarious how you think bacon can combo.
Bacon can combo. Read Judo's post below.
It DOES combo. If it has hitstun and is that slow it can combo. Lob a bacon, wait for it to hit, 9 hammer. It's a legit combo if your opponent is dumb enough to get hit by the bacon (which happens more than you think).
Chuee, are you reading?
It's way worse than I had though it was. Jebus and Doc King might be related.
You gotta be the dumbest person to ever think that.

I think he gets this from you. You keep saying stupid stuff that doesn't matter like D3 without chaingrabs and you thought D3's bair was bad and you thought Puff could DI out of D3's d throw.
Isn't d-smash guaranteed for him out of d-throw on some characters as well? o-o
On lightweights if they don't tech.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I like playing Game and Watch, I shield a forward smash and then grab him anyways!

/lolshieldDI

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Not screwing up and playing safe are two completely different things.
Your posts still amaze me. My mind still can't get used to them.

I should take you out of ignore just so my brain can get used to this sort of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom