• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You get a PSP-3000. For more than just PSP games.

You get Vita if you want an expensive paper weight with touch enabled density modifier.

:troll:

No, seriously. Wait for the Vita. There's nothing about it worth the price tag it's going for, and you would likely fall into Early Adopter syndrome. You will verily want to avoid that, I'm sure.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You get a PSP-3000. For more than just PSP games.

You get Vita if you want an expensive paper weight with touch enabled density modifier.

:troll:

No, seriously. Wait for the Vita. There's nothing about it worth the price tag it's going for, and you would likely fall into Early Adopter syndrome. You will verily want to avoid that, I'm sure.
If I get a psp it'll be tommorow so I can play MHFU with my girlfriend :)

Vita..my problems:

-Almost EVERY game coming out this year is a port/on ps3. it's like "Why?"
-Battery
-It'll take a good year to pump out apps
-nearly double the 3DS price atm to get it going

I know Sony can barely afford to drop the price, but I think they're going to have too tbh.

Now...why I want Psp3000:

FFIV Complete
Dissidia
MHFU
Crisis Core
PS1 Classics portable (prolly play FF8, Chrono Cross)

Idk what else a 3000 can do, but yeah.

I have a 32GB iPod, soon to have a Smartphone, and an iPad..The "Specs" of the Vita outside of gaming barely impress me it seems. And...the ps3 is utter trash to my PC, so where does the Vita Stand? Lol

Iunno, it's still a hard choice. I was looking at it like this: "~170ish to get my psp3000 going, 250 for Vita" then I realized Card+Game+etc its well over 300+...

On top of that only mhfu and CC are on psn. Like Blegh mayne

Early Adaptor Syndrome?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sounds like you know what you want, my friend.

Also, you might want to reread what it was I said towards the end. ;)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ohh Adopter... lmao.

I was thinking that was a battery joke, lolz. Yeah, my gf is happier too... we wanna play portable third... which is going to be annoying cause its 60 bucks D:

Vlade

Social Outcast
I am currently in Japan and have been thinking about getting a PSV but after reading the last couple of pages I think I might get a PSP 3000. There's not even ONE game I am interested in playing on the PSV yet - I feel that for me to buy any gaming device/console there has to be a game I'm getting it for e.g. buying the game boy colour for Pokemon or getting the Wii for SSBB.

Is the PSP 3000 a decent music player?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
psp3000 is fine for music, but really a memory card device is bad for music. Wait on the Vita, XD.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Haha yeah I get ya, I used to use the original psp for an mp3 player forever man.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Nah I have a standard nokia phone which I could use as an mp3 player but it has a silly headphone jack - it's not 3.5mm or whatever the standard is, which means I'm stuck using the crappy earphones that came with the phone unless I buy an adaptor of some sort.

Once you go headphones you can never go back imo :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dude FA8L please play MHFU. Me, kraivenous, and my gf play. She is mad good at it, kinda scary really.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I got a chance to play the PS Vita today. The handheld is pretty cool and I was quite impressed!

I'll post my hands on impression tomorrow. Might even upload some photos that I took. ^^

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so here is my hands on impression with the Playstation Vita.

So I spent most of the day yesterday in downtown Toronto with my older bro and we went to the GameStop (Playstation Lounge) on 267 Yonge St Dundas St W.

As some of you here may know, they were holding a special 3-day event where if you went to this location, you could try out the PSV a month before it's release next month in the US. (2.22.12)

Thankfully when we arrived there, the store just opened so there was no one there. Got to try the PSV for about an hour.

Anyways, so here is what I think of the hardware/the PSV itself:

- Very light
- Feels very good in your hands
- The buttons feel good
- Very bright screen
- The rear touch pad works very well

I played the following games:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Plays like the PS3 versions of Uncharted. The demo had two levels available, the part one started off with Drake waking up in this house which was on fire. You had to climb up some boxes, then use the Sixaxis motion sensing system in the PSV to balance yourself over this wooden beam. Then you climb up some poles on the walls and eventually, you escape out of a window. Then the second level starts where you have to pick up a sniper rifle and protect this girl named 'Chase' escape. A lot of enemies spawn up top near these villages and at the bottom in this jungle. Snipers and truckfulls of enemies spawn. You could use the motion sensing to aim the sniper scope but I preferred to use the analog sticks.

Little Deviants - This game really shows off the PSV's capabilities. The demo had 5 games. The first one, enemies open up windows and you have to either tap the robots when they're facing you and if their backs are turned to you, you had to use the rear touch pad to push them. The second game had you in this meadow full of grass and you had collect stars and keys while avoiding the robots and other enemies. You had to use the rear touch pad to make mountains to push the orange like creatures to safety. The third game had you in an ocean going deep into the ground and using the Sixaxis motion sensing system to move in all directions. The fourth game was basically a copy of "face raiders" on the 3DS. And the final game had you jumping out of this plane and moving the PSV around to go through rings in the air.

ModNation Racers: Road Trip - Reminds me of Mario Kart. Very hectic but I did notice some frame rate problems while playing.

I'll try and get the photos that I took uploaded.

Is the PSV an impressive handheld? Yes.
Is the PSV worth $250? (Wi-Fi model) No.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sony should seriously reduce the price already I'm not spending 400$+ on a handheld that ends up being hundreds more expensive than its console counterpart

:phone:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've also noticed Capcom has followed a pattern with Monster Hunter. 1st Gen was Sony Console, ps2. 2nd Gen was Sony handheld, psp. Third gen was Nintendo Console, Wii. See the pattern?

Of course third gen spinoffs came out on 3ds/psp, but I'm talking about the main games.

Also, Tri did better in sells than any MH before in America, Europe, and some other places. They probably didn't mind putting it on the 3DS (Especially since Sony handhelds suck at first, I'm talking about you, Vita)

Minato

穏やかじゃない

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So I got to try this thing out at a local best buy.

The L and R buttons feel like cheap plastic, and the front of the Vita (like, the screen) looks like cheap plastic.

The display is what I thought it would be. Nice and clear, and I got to play little deviants. Seems alright.

The games are being handled like the 3DS - in proprietary SD cards, and then there's the separate SD card slot for memory.

This machine doesn't take video recordings, so that's annoying to me. But it takes pictures. Better than my cheap phone, so I like that.

The control sticks - Yes,guess they're nice to have, but I personally feel the nub on the 3DS would have gone better with it than those things. They're small, convex, and small. They're just uncomfortable. Maybe something I'd have to get used to. But if they had them like that, it would have been nice they allowed us to use them as buttons too to click.

I would say hold off on it until there's killer software, because everything else can literally be found on your smartphones.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I can't imagine putting the PSV into your pocket. The control sticks might get caught on something or break off. Buy a case or something IMO.

Top Bottom