• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Neon!

Smash Lord
Never in my life have I desired to be black, until now.

No longer will I be called "Neon," behold my new form:

From this day forth I shall be called:

UTD Black!

FK1

Smash Journeyman
We can be default team mates if neither of us can find a partner...i.e. Friend Zone.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The next party is going to be on 2/18/2012 after Batou's monthly is over. Here's what I've got in mind for it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash Bros Brawl Grand Prix

A Four Game Event Featuring:

• Duelist
  • Random Teammate Doubles
  • Highlander
  • Ivysaur/Gannon/Metaknight Challenge

This is going to operate like a Mario Kart grand prix - each player who plays in each event will receive a number of points (both of the players of the doubles event will get points) and at the end of the four events the player with the most points will receive a giant *** bag of candy as a prize.

Each event will reward points in a different way. Here's a breakdown for each event:

Duelist
  • Will be played 4 people at a time. If 4 people are not available to play then we'll play as many as possible.
  • Games that go to time will play out the Sudden Death. (Anyone who actually manages to time out on this game is going to get slapped by everyone in the room. Hard.)
  • Dead last will receive 1 point and 1st place will receive points equal to the total number of entrants (if 16 people enter then first place gets 16 points).

Random Teammate Doubles
  • I'm going to put everyone in to a singles bracket in Tio and generate a random bracket to determine who teams with who. Whoever you get paired up against in the singles bracket will be your teammate for this event.
  • Same thing as Duelist, but the points will be doubled and then split between teammates. (If 16 people enter, 32 points are awarded to first place and both players get 16 points)

-----
The next two events reward points independent of placing
-----

Highlander
  • Two games will be played with 4 players at a time. This means everyone gets two games.
  • Games that go to time will play out the Sudden Death.
  • One point for each KO you get.

Ivysaur/Gannon/Metaknight Challenge
  • One game will be played against each character.
  • The top three available players on the Texas Power Rankings will be your opponents.
  • Two points for each KO showing at the results screen (this way you don't get credit for Gannon's suicide kills, muahahahaha).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any players from Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Amarillo or San Angelo (basically anyone out of city) that attend both Batou's Monthly -and- this party then there will be a cash prize. I'm not saying how much but I'll make sure it's worth it. This whole event is, of course, absolutely free. Unless you guys want chicken, then there will be like a $2 venue fee to pay for it. Feeding 15 people ain't cheap :p

Also - Metaknight is banned in every event except Highlander since it's random and all.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Top Bottom