• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Halberd's claw can't kill you at 60 in normal brawl with it's dumb momentum cancelling if you know how to DI.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ah, I must be thinking of Melee yeah.

I never get Bob-Ombs when I'm using Peach.

I get plenty of Mr. Saturns. And shield breaks too.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I set a stagelist for our next tournament:
01. Battlefield
02. Final Destination
03. Delfino Plaza
04. Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
05. Frigate Orpheon
06. Halberd
07. Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
08. Lylat Cruise
09. Castle Siege
10. Pokémon Stadium 2
11. Smashville
12. Pictochat
13. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
14. Jungle Japes
15. Rainbow Cruise
16. Brinstar
17. Pokémon Stadium (Melee)

And people doubted Pictochat before Mushroomy Kingdom...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Actually, his thread made me realize it isn't a bad stage at all.
Fixed camera even helps to be a little more conscious on the boundaries.
Is for testing purposes anyway.

I'd even add Rumble Falls if I weren't trying to add stages slowly. Also I guess I'm a little biased because it's a terrible, horrible stage for Zelda. Nobody would ask for its legalization anyway.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I have waaaaaay too much free time.

For you guys.
[collapse=Food random data]There seems not to be any kind of pattern on their spawning. Every spawning point for food is aparently random. Stage-specific spawn does not affect their apperance rate. As in, you may have very few food on FD, but you can have food everywhere on Mushroomy Kingdom if you hit the blocks.
I may test this even further later.

Food can be dropped if you get hit within few frames upon getting it, and you won't get the regain.

Every different food recovers different amounts of healt but each different piece of food always recovers the same amount. It apparently works the same at any stage, on any character and at any time.
Strawberry - 1%
Heart Cookie - 2%
Coffee - 2%
Bread - 3%
Grapes - 3%
Apple - 4%
Energy Drink (?) - 4%
Green Drink - 5%
Pineapple - 5%
Weenies - 5%
Donut - 6%
Chocolate Bar - 6%
Lollipop - 6%
Yogurth - 6%
Pie - 7%
Cheese - 7%
Melon - 7%
Burger - 7%
Wonton (?) - 7%
Watermelon - 9%
Strawberry Shortcake - 10%
Beef Steak - 10%
Ice Cream - 11%
Ramen Bowl - 11%
Chicken - 12%

Some may be wrong, it was late last night.
After more than 2 hours of play and testing, those are all the data I got, I'm unsure if there's any more. I may test more later.[/collapse]

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sure Chicken might seem broken if you are a Donut or Apple fanboy, but anyone who wants to be competitive can still do well with Ramen, Ice Cream or the occasional Watermelon.

I guess chicken is why GnW 1 Judgement does so much damage.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I really, really don't recommend the smashfests on wednesdays at A&C. A couple people are going Monday though, which looks like that or Friday will be the new day we go there.

I only really play - and Melee anymore though, personally.

*EDIT* Also posted in wrong thread but w/e

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
dude me too

nice data kyokoro. didn't know you can drop food if you're hit within those frames o.o
It took offguard, too.

That said, gathering this data was interesting and now I'd like to become part of the Smash Lab.
Do you know where (and how) can I apply?

So I was thinking

It's very unlikely that we're going to get more stages added to the URS, but it's still possible to add more starters to the list (Hint: FLOSS). What should we do to get this idea passed? Perhaps a video?

Also, FLOSS = Full Legal-Only Stage Strike
FLSS = Full List Stage Strike

I'm making that official.

Judo777

Smash Master
said I'd be in here more, than I forgot, time to try again.

Also twink you never told me the Norfair pattern you found.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So most Finnish players are wanting to adopt the Japanese ruleset. I am a major TO here. Should I let them have what they want or do something else? It's a really hard decision since I am against the Japanese ruleset, but it might hurt attendance so I'm not so sure what to think. Would a compromise like using the common EU ruleset be a good choice?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My ruleset is actually tbh quite liberal even when compared to American rulesets. I will consider the EU one. Maybe that way we can get more recognition from EU too. Though we won't be unbanning MK anytime soon. Not as long as I can do something about it.

BSP

Smash Legend
We have a tournament this weekend with MK legal and MK banned brackets. I'll let you all know how that goes.

As for stages, most of my state is against brinstar and RC. I almost don't care at this point whether they are legal or not.

said I'd be in here more, than I forgot, time to try again.

Also twink you never told me the Norfair pattern you found.
Every time I work on that Norfair thing, I run into a problem that forces me to push everything back.

I found that one pattern that I told you about, then I watched a match that violated that slightly violated the pattern (by like a second or two).

I was butthurt.

BSP

Smash Legend

COME AT ME BRO, I AINT AFRAID OF YO MOD POWERS :cool:

except forum support would have to be my knife lol

LMAO That is the best response I could've ever ask for!

I ain't even mad. :awesome:
+1 BSP for using a Rochelle gif <3

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So now I reach 3000 posts...

"but I have 10k what's so great on your 3k?"
Well, I don't have a regional board with actual activity (and boards I use to post in are not as active as expected). I have no salt at all, I make no callouts, no trashtalk, I do not even hold a grudge against anyone
even though I've been in dead end discussions against a lot of people due to almost nobody sharing my love for Pictochat...
I can firmly state that a big majority of my posts have been in actual debate threads, more specifically, debates involving Stage discussion.
Is hard to believe I actually spend time debating the insights about a game.
It is even harder to believe I really like doing so.

I've learned a lot in almost 3 years of being part of this community (despite my join date, I only started posting until a while after that). From character specifics, all sorts of random data, how to play under certain circumpstances, how diverse can points of view be.
I learned that Smash (specifically, Brawl) community is wide, variated, and can always come up with all kind of surprises -either good or bad-
But most importantly, I learned that there's still a lot to learn about pretty much everything, inside and outside the game.

As for now, I'll just keep lurking as hard as I can, participating when I need to, and moreover, learning as much as possible from everyone.

Thanks a lot to anyone reading this far into my post.

Top Bottom