• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu....

Town's goal is to find scum. It's called playing to your win condition. Making sure other people see you as town is something SCUM FACTIONS worry about. You know, playing to THEIR WIN CONDITION. When I scumhunt, I want to HUNT SCUM. Not ****ing get people to see me as town. That will come if it comes. If I am actually hunting scum it will happen anyways from honesty. Nothing to hide = people will view you as town eventually. I'm not about to change all the notes I had from before I replaced in when they STILL APPLY. What, do you expect me to change all my opinions when I get a role PM? Only as scum, I guess. But even then I'd post the same reads to LOOK TOWN, and I wouldn't say that they were from pre-game.

It's not like I said I was going to keep up being unreadable. I simply posted some reads and thoughts that I wrote before replacing in, and you find that a scum tell? Seriously....

Give me another scum pick.
Except how people view you is credibility. Look at Fire and Lightning, Look at Brosuke, everyone thought he was town so they believed him over Ryker or anyone else, and look how that turned out.

The problem comes from the fact it looks like you didn't think those notes were dead outside of showing that you read the game.

I find you not caring how people read you to be a scum tell. One of the quotes before shows you seem to not care how people can read you, aka your not being as open with yourself as you say.

Posting pregame notes and much of what else you did didn't impress me to show alignment well, except your defense of Nich but I'll be looking at that in due time.

You're an idiot and you're twisting my words.

By "not caring if people can read [me]", don't take it as "I don't want people to be able to read me". I know full well that reads will develop and I want people to get an honest read on me.

If I tried to pass off my notes as legitimate stuff that wouldn't be an honest read.
There is no difference with the bolded comparison here.

I like the last statement though, but I got something for ya regarding your interaction with Nich in a sec.

You're missing the point entirely. You accuse me of something. Gheb says you've been doing the same thing. So what's the difference between us? Apparently it's me hiding my points and you being honest about not giving them. Just so we're clear, I'm not masking my points, nor am I pretending to be doing something.
There is difference between us, especially considering Day 2 thus far.

Just wait until you and Raziek are done bickering and let the player-list judge you.

@Sang
Nobody is supporting a lynch in this early stage, and should not do so until we've heard from more slots.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oooooooh nooooo, the playerlist is going to judge me!? I'm soooooo scared.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is difference between us, especially considering Day 2 thus far.

Just wait until you and Raziek are done bickering and let the player-list judge you.

@Sang
Nobody is supporting a lynch in this early stage, and should not do so until we've heard from more slots.
I really don't want to beat around the bush and would like you to give Gova a straight answer about this.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I didn't even ask him anything. The "What's the difference between us" is rhetorical.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Forgot about it, Gova is posting less often, but even then he is scumhunting, infact far more than most players.

Even looking how he interacted with T-Block on calling him out the same stuff Nich did, reason I am looking at Kantrip hard atm.

Gova is bringing something to the table in each post, that's the impression of a townie over scum Gova whom uses his inactivity to hide.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
@Glyph. How did you get that Nich was scum from your gambit? If anything, I'd say his reaction was null at best. Also, what did you think of Ryker planning to tunnel on Kanty because Kanty was trying to save Nich? What are your thoughts on Kanty now? When Legolas says that you haven't blatantly scum-hunted, I have to agree. Almost all D1 you focused on Nich and, right now, I'm not sure who you're going for. If you have made it clear and I just do not see it, tell me and I will re-read. Otherwise, who do you think could be scum?
I was analyzing his tone more than anything else. He was already in an agitated state due to the Ryker back and forth, that much was very clear. I anticipated a shot pushing him over the edge as town and causing a big explosion of anger.

But instead all of his anger vanish and he was extremely laid back about being killed. It was a complete 180 from his previous MO. On top of that he made several posts that contained lines hinting he was suspicious the shot wasn't real, but never outright said it. All in all, seemed like he wanted to come off as town just in case the shot WAS fake.

I've actually addressed the Kantrip push in that giant post I just made, and I think Kantrip is extremely scummy for exactly that reason. As for not scumhunting, I worked with what was available to me when I was posting. That was almost entirely Nich and Ryker. Most other players would be sure to pop in and say 'yeah! go team' or whatever but rarely actually did anything worth analyzing. The few times that something caught my eye, I made note of it (Gova and Raziek come to mind, though at this point I don't want to lynch either of the two).

Right now I am looking hard at a Kantrip lynch, and have not been a fan of another player that I'm going to hold off on talking about for a bit.

Glyph I read that whole thing, it doesn't fix the issues people had with you. How the only person I've seen you make frontward progress was Nich and your reads during the situation didn't move fluidly. I can't tell much how you gained from your gambit of even why it was necessary in that situation. You didn't really attempt to scum hunt or look into other players for connections. Even when EE tells me to look for one scum at a time you should still pay attention to the roaster. Which I'm not sure about your reads on anyone else.
RR, I want you to tell me exactly what issues people have with me that I did not address. I want you to explain how my reads not moving fluidly (ie, not documenting every change in them) makes me scum. I want you to read my post where I explain EXACTLY why I did the gambit and why it was necessary for me. In said post, you'll also find answers to, well, everything else you are saying I didn't do here.

Alright. I don't know if pushing Glyph further right now is the way to go. Will have to think this over and come up with a sound game-plan.

Glyph, this snippet is from the response I had lined up for you

My Post said:
I'd also like to point out this post

Originally Posted by DtJ Glyphmoney said:
Likewise.

Nich lynch is pretty much set at this point, I don't see any reason to push it any more than it already has been (hard to push it further than Ryker has). A lot of what I'm looking at is going to depend on Nich's flip, so I'm down for ending the day a bit early to get that information.
BUT HE DIDN'T ACT ON IT AT ALL THUS FAR. False ****ing promises, Glyph.
So yeah, give me more on that. I'm giving you the space to scum-hunt and give stances here, Ryker asked for something similar. Provide.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Did I say it could go somewhere? If I did I meant to say it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. Glyph honestly I don't have a real good read on. I know he's here but nothing of his play sticks out to me.
Ah, then I must have read it wrong. Went back and re-read it and it wasn't worded as a question so I guess I mixed up the words.

@Sang
I was merely commenting that my previous suspition of Glyph has waned a bit. If you are referring to my comment to everyone then that was just a warning if it does come down to that.

I was analyzing his tone more than anything else. He was already in an agitated state due to the Ryker back and forth, that much was very clear. I anticipated a shot pushing him over the edge as town and causing a big explosion of anger.

But instead all of his anger vanish and he was extremely laid back about being killed. It was a complete 180 from his previous MO. On top of that he made several posts that contained lines hinting he was suspicious the shot wasn't real, but never outright said it. All in all, seemed like he wanted to come off as town just in case the shot WAS fake.
Alright. I guess that's where we differ. Regardless, what's done is done. Thanks.

Glyph said:
I've actually addressed the Kantrip push in that giant post I just made, and I think Kantrip is extremely scummy for exactly that reason. As for not scumhunting, I worked with what was available to me when I was posting. That was almost entirely Nich and Ryker. Most other players would be sure to pop in and say 'yeah! go team' or whatever but rarely actually did anything worth analyzing. The few times that something caught my eye, I made note of it (Gova and Raziek come to mind, though at this point I don't want to lynch either of the two).
But you could have been doing other things, like prompting people into making their own comments or analyzing players that hadn't done anything but post comments like "Yeah! Go team!". In fact, that there is worthy of analysis because they don't feel the need to work for themselves or put their own input.

Glyph said:
Right now I am looking hard at a Kantrip lynch, and have not been a fan of another player that I'm going to hold off on talking about for a bit.
I eargly await your information.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Been playing smash at a friend's place all day. I'm looking into the stuff Gova wants to know from me first.

:059:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hmm, okay then. I was one of the people who visited Gheb last night.

That's all I'm saying for now.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Also, I forgot to ask. Is there a way to tell that it has been used? I.E Chemist lv 2 Auto potion where you would be vote-blocked the next day if you were targeted.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So who was the third then? I'm really anxious to hear more about it considering more than 1/4 of the game's roster thought it was a good idea to use their ability on me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I forgot to ask. Is there a way to tell that it has been used? I.E Chemist lv 2 Auto potion where you would be vote-blocked the next day if you were targeted.
I don't think there's a way for you to get confirmation that it has been used. I'm really reluctant to give any more info than that about my role though ... I don't see why you'd need to know it in such detail right now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And unless you / Raziek have a legitimate reason to assume that the other player that targeted me tried to kill me N1 I'd rather proceed to just do "regular" scumhunting for now.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I don't have one but I get the feeling that other people seem to think you were the target for a NK.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It will be important later when I claim.
So ... do you consider your questions answered now or is there anything more you'd like to know? I'm really not sure how much I can tell you considering I have no reason to trust you atm.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Lol... so? Visiting Gheb doesn't make me scum. I don't know why you claimed either.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
How do you know scum was one of those people? You shouldn't unless you are one of those scum.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'll map out my logic for you:

-Ryker and Gheb are in their own special vote in which one of them will die.
-Both of these people were seen as town generally by the end of D1.
-Therefore scum visited Gheb.
-I visited Gheb last night.
-In conclusion the other person who visited Gheb was the one to set the vote on him aka you Gova.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
How do you even know that the execution vote thing requires a player to visit someone? Please enlighten me as to how you would know this.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll map out my logic for you:

-Ryker and Gheb are in their own special vote in which one of them will die.
-Both of these people were seen as town generally by the end of D1.
-Therefore scum visited Gheb.
-I visited Gheb last night.
-In conclusion the other person who visited Gheb was the one to set the vote on him aka you Gova.
So would that mean someone visited both Ryker and Gheb last night?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Educational guess.
Inferno, there are too many holes in this "educational guess" of yours. I'd like you to try to think of a few and get back to me. It doesn't pay to jump the gun. I have my own theories but I'd like you to think of a few before I point them out.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Kanty, I have a quick question for you. Well, a few, actually. Something about your ability is not adding up. Do you know if you are the only one with "Doom" or "Split Punch" or whatever it is? If you are the only one with it, do you think it could be redirected onto another player? How delayed is the kill, or are you not told?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gova is not responsible for the choice between Ryker and Gheb.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sang are you implying what I think you are?

How do you expect me to know the answer to the first two questions? I'd assume I'm the only one with it considering it's not one of the public choosable roles. I'd also assume it can be roleblocked/redirected/reflected. I don't have the chemist level 1 if that's what you're asking.

The ability would kill on n4.

=/

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I might be, but I might not. I was wondering if you did have that information, but I guess not. And, no, I was not asking that. Apologies if that's what you got from that. Regardless, don't divulge anything else just yet. I need to think on a few things first.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno, there are too many holes in this "educational guess" of yours. I'd like you to try to think of a few and get back to me. It doesn't pay to jump the gun. I have my own theories but I'd like you to think of a few before I point them out.
Well I'm going by assumptions which haven't actually been proven. For example I am going by the assumption that Ryker and Gheb were visited which hasn't been proven yet. It makes sense though. To do something to someone you gotta visit them right?

Gova is not responsible for the choice between Ryker and Gheb.
Why do you say that?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I repeat, Gova is not responsible for the whole incap scenario between Ryker and Gheb.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its clearly because of night actions. Concerned you couldn't make that connection.

:phone:

Top Bottom