• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I can tell you what you need to do with Mordin in the suicide mission. But I'll only spoil it if you ask me too.
No thanks, I'd rather hear him sing. :smirk:

Also, that joke that EDI said was pretty funny.

EDI: "I like to see humans on their knees."
EDI: "That was a joke."
Joker: "Right."

And controlling Joker was fun. (I did die once...ran into one of the enemies...) :p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No, I just started it. I have Miranda and Grunt backing me up. (Just landed and we're gonna save the crew.) I'll finish it tomorrow.

Busy doing stuff right now. x_x

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good luck with it tomorrow, F8AL. The whole thing's just an awesomely cinematic experience for sure. Man...and to think ME3's going to be 10 times more cinematic too...crazy.

Also, would somebody tell me the difference money/exp wise between Bronze/Silver/Gold?

Like with Silver do you get double what you would for Bronze, and double that for Gold?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Whats funny is just from the demo I can already see how ME3 ****s on ME2. Which is amazing considering ME2 is one of the best games I've played.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Good luck with it tomorrow, F8AL. The whole thing's just an awesomely cinematic experience for sure. Man...and to think ME3's going to be 10 times more cinematic too...crazy.

Also, would somebody tell me the difference money/exp wise between Bronze/Silver/Gold?

Like with Silver do you get double what you would for Bronze, and double that for Gold?
About 1.5 the amount of XP, over twice the amount of credits.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
No thanks, I'd rather hear him sing. :smirk:

Also, that joke that EDI said was pretty funny.

EDI: "I like to see humans on their knees."
EDI: "That was a joke."
Joker: "Right."

And controlling Joker was fun. (I did die once...ran into one of the enemies...) :p
The joke is a lot funnier if you know who Tricia Helfer is and what her other famous tv role is.

Hint;

Another hint.

Granted, that's not what the joke was for, but tying the two together was still nice. :awesome:

You should watch Battlestar Galactica if you haven't. It's a great show.

Pluvia, you want OP of this thread? You seem the most knowledgable of the ME series IMO.
Dude. Why you gotta break balls?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
At most all I would do is adjust the title when need be, as I don't really want to edit the OP as it's a nice insight into the past I think.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So you aren't in smash anymore? Mass Effect Now? :cool:.

and yeah it sucks because that sig was the most epic one on the boards:(

It's good to see you still exist though. After the whole FF Fanboy war got played out I haven't seen you around much.
Nah I still smash, I just don't post much. and tbh I never played any ME games but I heard a couple of my friends complain about the DLC content and figured I'd get the low down here. Turns out it's not that big a deal.

I don't recall the fanboy war, but it probably happened awhile ago. :laugh:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Well...I'm fine with either you or him. :(
I could careless who. ;) Just givin' you ****.

At most all I would do is adjust the title when need be, as I don't really want to edit the OP as it's a nice insight into the past I think.
If you think I'll be more active in adding things (this directed towards you and F8AL), I don't have a problem taking OP, but I'm just as lazy. But I think it's clear we're both just as equally passionate about this game. :)

But it's outdated...
You're outdated! Like your bagged milk. :troll:

I don't know what that means...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Nah I still smash, I just don't post much. and tbh I never played any ME games but I heard a couple of my friends complain about the DLC content and figured I'd get the low down here. Turns out it's not that big a deal.

I don't recall the fanboy war, but it probably happened awhile ago. :laugh:
Yeah it was awhile ago now that I think about it. And it's good smash is a fun game. So is ME Although I get the feeling I'll like the 3rd installment of this a little better.

@Everyone. I wrote a little something just out of boredom....idk

The Classes of Mass Effect 3

Just some random thoughts on ME3 Classes, their roles, and why people play the classes they do. Feel free to agree/disagree with anything I say considering as of right now this is all speculation.

Adept - Much like the word itself implies, adepts are experts in biotic abilities. Unlike in ME2 (where you were using more bullets than powers). I now believe this class(If made a certain way) can become almost completely dependent on biotic powers alone. I feel the end goal of anyone who plays Adept should be to become 'a biotic god'. I feel this class is best suited for someone who wants to feel above the average human. Using such things as throw, warp, shockwave, and singularities with repetitious regularity should give adept players more than just the feeling of a hero but a super hero....or Super Villain depending on the choices you make.

Engineer - This class seems a bit duel natured to me. Depending on the opposition they can have an easier time or have to work really hard in combat situations. This class does give a sense of evening the odds on the battlefield. With the ability to turn foes into allies and call turrets and drones to the battlefield all at the same time a battle that is 10 on 3 suddenly becomes 9 on 6. All classes require a bit of thought but I believe Engineer more so then other classes a thinking persons character. Players who use them aren't exactly looking to blow everyone away with biotic power or fire power but to simply explore their intelligence and tactical precision in the world of Mass Effect.

Infiltrator - Infiltrators are what I call a Jack of some trades and the master of one. They don't have Biotics and they share a few small traits of the Engineer. However, They can do close-combat from stealth in spurts of action or Doom enemies at a distance with snipers to do massive amounts of damage on the battlefield. I feel this class is for players who enjoy a sense want their Shepard to feel like an elite solider. Like the leader of a Special forces team rather than the savior of the world. Move through missions quickly and cleanly without knockdown drag-out battles or all out shoot outs. Get in, take care of business, get out. The mark of ME3's assassin/guerrilla Warfare class.

Sentinel - Jack of all trades and the master of none? hardly, Sentinels Tech Armor gives them a sort of defensive Mastery rivaling that of a krogan. Their only major drawback being powers are 80% slower while in Tech Armor. Still, They are possibly the most balanced class over all. With the right combination of Biotics and Techs this class can take on all challengers. With that said this class seems like one for those players who specifically like the idea of being able to thrive in any situation no matter if the enemies are organic or techs.

Soldier - Basically the head on rambo class of ME3. This class has no biotic or tech abilities but makes up for it by doing significantly more weapon damage. Equipped with special ammo for any enemy and concussive shots that could knock over a bus this class is the ultimate soldier class. In my personal opinion I feel this class is possibly the most real experience of any ME class. Why? well....we as humans can't use shockwave or biotic charges but we can shoot things up during adrenaline pumping and heart stopping action sequences that really make you feel like a soldier of modern times. People who want that feeling as well as the feeling of the ultimate feeling of weapon damage will surely pick up soldiers.

Vanguard - I would also refer to them as the jack of some trades although I'm not sure they are the master of one. They are in a sense the most exciting class in ME3 because they feel like they are in more danger than any other class. Charging into enemies and not being sure if their is a potential ambush waiting for you or using skills such as Nova which leave you without a shield for a time exposing you to a greater risk of death. I would say Vanguard is a very high risk but very very high reward kind of class. This class is probably most fit for players who like excitement, want to live a little dangerous and are just plan thrill seekers. People who can't swim with sharks or jump out of an airplane most likely settle for playing with Vanguard who seem to be the zero to hero underdog of the other classes in Mass Effect 3.

These are just my thoughts on the classes heading into ME3. Again, feel free to agree, disagree since right now nothing is 100% sure until March 6th.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Giving it more thought I've realised that Vega, Liara and spoiler squadmate 2 are the only ones guaranteed to be in your squad in ME3. Meaning that you will always have combat, biotics or tech to choose from.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The nerfs to Sentinel make me so sad. I can understand dropping the recharge rate by 20% or making it so that the damage from powers is dropped by 30% to make up for a potentially shorter charge time, but yeah...80% drop is way too much.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The nerfs to Sentinel make me so sad. I can understand dropping the recharge rate by 20% or making it so that the damage from powers is dropped by 30% to make up for a potentially shorter charge time, but yeah...80% drop is way too much.
I agree. At rank 6 it is made a little better but it's not good enough imo. They are still a good class overall. Potentially the most balanced I just hope the Tech armor nerf doesn't **** them as a class.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
ODIN, regarding the DLC squaddie:

There is a high probability that Javik (the Prothean) wont be mentioned, refered to or seen without the DLC.

While he did have a massive part in the leak it was just that one mission, but that mission did cause some dramatic events to unfold, though they were more personal to Shepard rather than important for the galaxy it seemed. I really want to see what happens without him there seeing as though big stuff happened, but to be fair he could technically not be there and the scenes could unfold more or less the same, so that's what I now assume happens if you don't have him.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
@Everyone. I wrote a little something just out of boredom....idk

The Classes of Mass Effect 3

Just some random thoughts on ME3 Classes, their roles, and why people play the classes they do. Feel free to agree/disagree with anything I say considering as of right now this is all speculation.
Is your information/opinion based off the demo, or the single player classes?

Pluvia, I'll write a response later, but for now... Yeah. :/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I just beat ME2 and holy ****, what a great game! The final boss was pretty easy but I wish they'd give you more ammo. :v

I also destroyed the base, **** you Illusive man!

ME2 is one of the greatest games of all time! /kanyewest

If I were a professional reviewer, I'd give it a score of 98/100, the game only has a few MINOR flaws IMO.

And yeah Pluvia/ODIN, you guys were right. The game told me that now I can finish other missions/assignments/play DLC content now or start a new game with everything I have.

I saved everyone btw and I lived. :)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So I just beat ME2 and holy ****, what a great game! The final boss was pretty easy but I wish they'd give you more ammo. :v

If I were a professional reviewer, I'd give it a score of 98/100, the game only has a few MINOR flaws IMO.

And yeah Pluvia/ODIN, you guys were right. The game told me that now I can finish other missions/assignments/play DLC content now or start a new game with everything I have.

Glad you enjoyed it. I remember that whole final stretch just feels...wow. Like the first time I went through it, I was like "all right, this is what I worked through the whole game for" and all that jazz.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post in the thread.

Now you only have to tell the Council about one thing;

a bit of both you could say.
As long as it's both. There's a lot that doesn't carry over to MP, but that's my own personal opinion.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Great that you had a great time, lol. I remember my first time completing it.

I was screaming 'LIVE, MATES, LIVE!'. You really don't know what's going to happen, even if I did save everyone in both of my playthroughs, lol.

Now we don't have to spoiler tag ME2 stuff now, yeah? YEAH!?

http://kotaku.com/5888121/very-tall-tree-wins-free-copy-of-mass-effect-3

^ LOL

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Finally.

My mate got Tali, Thane and Jack killed on his playthrough because he never upgraded his ship, and my other one got Miranda killed even though she's the hardest person to kill during it, which was incredibly strange I have to admit.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The doc can't die unless you let her walk back to the ship herself.

One officially released pic of the spoiler squadmate:

We need to stop spoilering him now, as he's been confirmed by Bioware and a trailer is supposed to be out today or tomorrow for him. Plus he's pretty well known by now. Also, he's shooting the Collectors???

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

We need to stop spoilering him now, as he's been confirmed by Bioware and a trailer is supposed to be out today or tomorrow for him. Plus he's pretty well known by now. Also, he's shooting the Collectors???
I was going to say maybe it's from the MP but I don't think you can use SP characters in the MP so.....what a twist!

Top Bottom