• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So....Reckoning came out today and you get a free/instant one of the 6 classes. I got the Geth Juggernaut and...holy crap. Sure, you can't run or duck under cover, but THE SHIELDS. And you can create a stationary cover PLUS a turret that heals shields. And those charges seem good, not to mention the whole bit about starting with 1000 health and 2000 shields, along with a final 75% shield boost for the whole Fitness path thing. I've far from been able to fully explore it in the 2 Silver games I played but...man.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, and I forgot to mention about the Juggernaut. His melee does SHIELD DRAIN, so you can literally zap a Phantom with it and force choke her to death like you're robo Darth-Vader.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Okay, couple of things;

Now that I can FINALLY post on Smashboards.

Now that I play on PC, I'm going to start work on In-Depth guides. Juggernaut is up first. I'm still deciding what I like as far as points.

I also won a place in the banner contest!

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/27/mass-effect-3-mp-banner-contest-winners/

Yours truly made this one. ^_^ It's going into the game (according to Bryan Johnson, who I've been talking to a lot as of late) by today, and under the Combat Mastery challenge. He's also going to set the banner for on both of my accounts since I made said banner.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i want my new character....although, i did use the free gift pack like 15 times already (not sure if glitched or not......oh well)

scratch that, i got every promotional weapon to level 10

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh wow, you made that? I saw an update of the ME facebook page or something and saw it there. Didn't know that was you.
Yup, that was me. ^_^

i want my new character....although, i did use the free gift pack like 15 times already (not sure if glitched or not......oh well)

scratch that, i got every promotional weapon to level 10
You may want to report that to Bioware, before they ban you for exploiting.

Sounds silly, but it can and will happen. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Can they actually track that kind of stuff?
Well, they have it so your Multiplayer Manifest is stored on a website too. Though, I remember with the Missile Glitch, they were asking people to essentially sell out their friends who were using it and report them so that they could ban their account from being able to go online. And of course people made a big fuss over something and sought to punish people for taking advantage of a Bioware mistake. They also tracked and tried to ban people for the initial money glitch that would insta-put you on Wave 10 of Gold at the start where you just had to do the objective, get the like 45,000 credits from that, die, and re-do the whole thing getting 45k in like 5 minutes every time.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
damn, 4 gigs!

the gf is pissed cause she can't watch bones on her laptop right now since i'm downloading "Citadel" right now
i'm such a douche

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that should've been in the trailer, that instant moment of gaming would've made this DLC sell like hotcakes

WHO THE **** DOESN'T WANT THIS

Atlus8

Smash Master
FINALLY! I have been putting off ME2 for a couple of months now and have just finished it! Such a great game! I think Pluvia recommended some DLC, so I'll look into those in the future! Wish ME3 was on Steam so I can pick it up because I'm still pretty hyped about ME2 and just wanna keep going! However, with Bioshock Infinite around the corner I'm gonna have to hold up on ME3!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Was going around Youtube, and I found some thing in the Citadel DLC taking some jabs at multiplayer stuff. I thought you guys might get a kick out of them because some made me laugh my arse off.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hope no one minds me necroposting in here but I would have to say ME is one of my most favorite game series; possibly surpassing Smash Bros. I first started playing ME2 and really enjoyed the game as a whole; even ME3 and that ridiculous ending.

Anyways, I think we need some more ME attention here.

?????????????

Smash Master
Mass Effect is definitely one of my favorite video game series. I just recently started an LP for the full trilogy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's funny how I ended up with all 3 games... I got a used copy of ME1 thanks to some left over cash from a trade in. I got ME2 as a gift from my grandparents even though I never asked for the game. >.> Despite the fact that I had never played them yet I saw ME3 was on sale at and I was like "meh already have the first two so I might as well."

So about 3-4 months ago I finally popped ME1 in to see what this thing was really about and I was hooked instantly. Soon as I finished it I went right into ME2 (which was even better in my experience), and now I'm currently in the middle of ME3. Being able to play these 3 games one after the other has been an incredible experience to say the least... I'd equate it to reading a really addictive and interactive book series that only got better and better as I kept turning the pages, but I was the one in charge of how the story plays out (it's pretty incredible to think that the choices I made in 1 are still relevant to my experience in 3). And as soon as one book was finished I could immediately dive into the next. I haven't been this engrossed in a fictional universe since I started reading the Harry Potter series when I was little. The lore, the characters, the gameplay mechanics... I'm just in love with it all really.

The only thing I'm worried about is ME3's ending since I keep hearing how terrible it is. Really hope it doesn't somehow tarnish the experience as a whole, cause it's been a hell of a journey so far.

But since I haven't finished ME3 I just ask everyone to keep this spoiler free as they can. Otherwise I'm totally down to discuss anything ME1 or 2 related. :)

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I was never disappointed with the ending, but I've never played it without the extended cut.

For me, I've always been a Nintendo exclusive guy; not out of hate of other systems, just out of finances; I could really only focus my funds to one system, and I grew up and stuck with Nintendo. My roommate, on the other hand, has had the XBox, and he got the Mass Effect Trilogy. I watched him play it for a while, and I loved it. He let me try it out, and I wound up playing it far more than him. I was absolutely enthralled. I kinda hogged his XBox for a bit...

In any case, I recently got my own XBox 360, pretty much for the sole purpose of having Mass Effect.

Last edited:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't think it's as bad as they say, though it does benefit from the free Extended Cut DLC you can get, so I'd really recommend that. There's also a really interesting theory about Mass Effect 3, that I really like.

However, as for Multiplayer, I can't speak on it lately, but I know that I essentially quit the Multiplayer around a year ago because I got so pissed off at the vocal/top 5% of the people playing it that literally did 12 hours a day on it to max EVERYTHING complaining that it was too easy. The result was the enemies constantly getting buffed and the players constantly getting nerfed to the degree that any newbie trying to play Multiplayer would be completely boned unless they were playing on Bronze. In a CO-OP MULTIPLAYER at that.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I've never tried the multiplayer, actually.

My playthrough(s) of the game were borrowed from a friend, so I didn't really have the opportunity to try it then. Right now, I'm still on ME1; going at a bit of a slower pace since I'm LPing it.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Who did you guys choose to romance?

I swear I had THE hardest time choosing between Liara, Tali, and Miranda like I was literally bouncing between the 3 of them every time I had an interaction with one of them. lol

I went with Liara in ME1 and after her initial bitchiness I went with Miranda for ME2 but then I played Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC and got all of Liara's backstory and bounced back to her in ME3... Poor Tali has always been on the outside looking in even though I do think she has the most compelling backstory and personality of anyone else in the game.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I used to play a ton of online but stopped after taking a break from ME. I'm currently in my 3rd play through which is going slow.

@ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer . I suggest downloading the Extended Cut DLC. It adds A LOT more in the end.

However, the Citadel DLC was amazing. I loved every minute of it

?????????????

Smash Master
I think Citadel was the greatest DLC for any video game ever.

I have, uh...actually done 6 playthroughs of ME; one for each class. I'm on my 7th playthrough now for the LP.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd just go for the opposite of how you're normally used to playing.

Like as an example I've been doing a full run through of a Male Paragon Shep who romances Liara/Miranda on the 2nd hardest difficulty and was a Soldier in ME1 converted to Vanguard in 2 and 3. Somewhere down the line I'd love to do a Female Renegade Shep who romances Garrus or something just to see how differently the story would play out. Then for a different gameplay experience I'd make her a Tech while playing on the hardest difficulty.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In terms of who I romanced, I went with Ashley the first time (I never really noticed her being spacist or whatever), and went with Liara the second.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Her being a spacist (if that's the right term for it lol) is one of the main reasons I saved Kaiden instead of her in ME1.

To be honest I thought her and Kaiden were 2 of the most bland squadmates in both ME1 and 2 combined. Jacob and Miranda made up for em though as far as human squad mates go... Especially Miranda. <3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Maybe so, but Ashley can just freaking be a murder machine in Mass Effect 3, and Kaiden's kind of overshadowed by Liara and Javik. Of course, there's always room for Garrus in the party.

Top Bottom