• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno, what do you think of Lego's case in #880?
Definitely some good points, but not fully sold yet. I do think Glyph hasn't committed many stances if any and he points out a lot of fluff, but I wouldn't say Glyph is pinned. If it were close to the deadline, I would be willing to vote him. Unless Legolas has more information/reasons to share, I don't wanna vote him just yet.

I like that you're at least attempting to catch up, but youre still a couple hundred posts behind. I want you fully caught up by the end of the weekend, okay?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Definitely some good points, but not fully sold yet. I do think Glyph hasn't committed many stances if any and he points out a lot of fluff, but I wouldn't say Glyph is pinned. If it were close to the deadline, I would be willing to vote him. Unless Legolas has more information/reasons to share, I don't wanna vote him just yet.

I like that you're at least attempting to catch up, but youre still a couple hundred posts behind. I want you fully caught up by the end of the weekend, okay?
Awwwwwww ****, let's play the really open statements game.

What do you think of Glyph's response?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That feel when the first post I read after taking a day off is asking for my result.

Yeah, Gova and Inferno were the visits. Continuing to catch up.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Should have kept reading and held that confirmation!

Oh well. I'll need some more time later for more detailed comments, but I'm back and current for the moment.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Awwwwwww ****, let's play the really open statements game.

What do you think of Glyph's response?
Looking at it again, I see where Glyph is coming from. I do agree with him that one-liners are not fluff. He's just annoyed by Legolas scum goggling him and basically considered a vast majority of his posts fluff just because he didn't decide to use walls.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gova, tell me as much as you can about you night action without actually saying what it was

:phone:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, because it's so simple that describing would be the equivalent of me claiming.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Perfect, thats all i needed to know.

Post incoming asap

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1. Raziek - Null. - might be willing to lynch if inactivity is a problem, but otherise sits at null for me. Can't remember much play wise.

2. Legolas - Leaning town. - Can't see why he is scum at all. I think his pushes on Glyph are entirely warrented along with the general pushes at everyone who targetted

3. Ryker - He is town. I refuse to beleieve otherwise, Nich killed himself, after reading all the stuff Ryker posted to get him lynched I refuse to beleive he would do this as scum with this much effort.

4. Orbo - Null - Sitting here atm, not much to say.

5. Inferno3044 - null, Got to remember how he plays, he's fine but I can't get a good read on him from his posts, would lynch but not someone I prefer to go for.

7. Kantrip - Scum - Please kill him. I hate his D1 play and his nonexistant D2 play is enough to make me want to kill him.

8. Gova - Leaning town. Why is this guy scum? Every post when he comes back to post is content. No fluff, no deflection, it's just pure content and thought. This isn't Gova from Ragnarok.

9. Red Ryu - :lucario: :peanut:

10. Rajam - Null, ignoring activity it's not a scum tell, would lynch if it was necessary but not to the point to of others like Kantrip and Glyph.

11. Sangfroid Warrior - Null, is he/she playing?, sorry can't remember gender atm, If she posts more I can get a read, need to look at question wise.

12. Glyph - Scum - hate him, he has no town motivation from what I can see from his responses outside of deflection to his past posts.

13. Gheb - town, even with his suspicion of me I like his posting style to look around at the roaster, and contribute a fair amount.

~

Still working on my reread of Gheb and Ryker, Kantrip can wait, I got my play for the day

unvote
Vote: Glyph

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
RR you're dumb.

Gova, on second thought I need a bit more from you. Tell me, did you select your ability or was it assigned to you? I figure thats safe to answer since it doesn't narrow it down for scum at all, right?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh and Ryker, just hold on as tight as you can for this next bit bbz

Rajam

Smash Champion
Pretty sure Inferno is lying. I have to check yet his claim regarding Gheb in detail to confirm, but I'm almost positive Inferno is lying. Can't explain further now since I have to leave soon, so don't lynch in the meanwhile :p

Before explaining though, I need to ask something... Kantrip, are you sure you got roleblocked, or are you just guessing because your NKill didn't work?

Rajam

Smash Champion
In the meantime, people should evaluate if it's convenient or not that both Inferno and Gova do full claims (except for stone, which probably just has to do with some indy's wincon). Although not 100% assured, I think I can offer A LOT of clarification regarding which of them targeted Gheb with the execute thing.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
11. Sangfroid Warrior - Null, is he/she playing?, sorry can't remember gender atm, If she posts more I can get a read, need to look at question wise.
Not sure if serious... Actually, I'm not sure if this entire post is you being serious or not. Have you not read D2 at all? (I'm a girl, btw)

Moving on. Gheb, you know that thing I was gonna think about? I've thought about it and I can't reach an understandable conclusion. There's no reason for me to keep this information as it doesn't hurt town or help it.

If I am alive on N4, I will die. It cannot be protected or prevented.

Now, this leaves three possibilities (and maybe more): 1) Kantrip is lying. 2) Kantrip's power got redirected. or 3) There's another with his ability.

I find 1) Highly unlikely simply because I think Kanty is town. 2) s likely but it wasn't one of the roles to choose from. 3) is entirely possible but not likely.

I'll go back and read what I missed after I eat dinner.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I doubt Kantrip is lying about the ability ... but I can easily see him lying about whom he used it on. Redirector is kind of likely in a set-up stacked with different abilities though so I guess it's another dumb situation where any possibility is just as likely as the next one. And really, at his point I'm starting to question the point of claiming abilities at all other than to hopefully catch somebody in a contradiction. So far, all ability claims we've heard could be assigned to any faction and the only way to actually dissect the whole mess is to actually gain a result aka flip of somebody who was involved in these night action shenanigans.

I'd rather just throw out the idea of relying on roles, claims and abilities at all [at least for now] and declare that my mains scum picks - purely based on play - are Ryu, Kantrip and Raziek, with Lego and Ryker being null reads / not worthy of trust.

:059:

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
OKAY not sure how long I'll have access to the internet so here goes everything.

Allow me to clarify what my good ol Lv. 1 Hellcry Punch does.

Dring the night phase, I pick a player. Said player loses their first active ability used that night (IE, roleblocked). But, and here's the good part, factional night kills are not affected or observed. Oh, and the next good part? My ability is classified as factional night kill despite not killing the targeted player (meaning good luck stopping it nerds)

SO, what does this mean for us?

Well if you haven't figured it out yet, I targeted Gova with this ability last night. And yet, there he is having visited Gheb! Considering that there's only one type of ability that could have gone through, it seems pretty clear that he wasn't visiting Gheb out of the kindness of his heart.

AND on top of that, I went ahead and clarified that his abilities come from the ones listed in the OP. Lets look at them all and consider what could have interfered with my power, shall we?

1. Calculator - Silence. He could have silenced me as well as Gheb. Odds of me and Gheb both having a divisible number AND Gova thinking roleblocking a bunch of townies as town are so close to zero its negligible. The other options from calculator would not have an impact.

2. Dragoon - Does not visit, solely self preservational junk

3. Ninja - Could not have targeted me and Gheb. Plus why he would want to be immune from Gheb I don't know.

4. Priest - My ability counts as a NK, so GG Priests

5. Time Mage - I wasn't notified of being stopped, that would have been the only thing that would have messed with me

6. Thief - Doesn't have an impact

7. Geomancer - Would have had to target both myself and Gheb again

8. Summoner - Aww yee NK-status ability. Good time to mention that while it is classified as a NK, it still doesn't effect bulletproof and junk

9. Dancer - No effect

10.Oracle - Could have used silence on both myself and Gheb. Would be very interested in the logic behind that. Also, not sure why we wouldn't get a notification from this version of silence. And that's assuming NAR puts that above my version of the roleblock.

11. Samurai - Only way this could have gone through is if its (surprise) the Vig shot. Which we don't want going through, considering Gheb was one of the stronger town reads of most everybody.

12. Mime - See: Oracle

13. Chemist - Does not visit players

14. Archer - Not applicable again

15. Monk - Does not visit

16. Wizard - Gogogo NK stat

17. Worker 8 - Bodyguard. If someone used bodyguard on Gova, you need to speak up like NOW. This is the only thing I could see having actually interfered with my action, but then I expect a damn good reason for picking Gova over Ryker or Gheb.

18. Mediator - No way in hell is that above a roleblock in NAR. Also, the mediator cannot be protected from NKs, which means my roleblock is a guaranteed hit.

So there's that. Gova should not have had a means of getting to Gheb with my roleblock in play.

vote: Gova

Oh and guess what I have for you guys.

Gova is not responsible for the choice between Ryker and Gheb.
I repeat, Gova is not responsible for the whole incap scenario between Ryker and Gheb.
Its clearly because of night actions. Concerned you couldn't make that connection.

Inferno....

This is one of those times where you let it rest for now....

Assuming Govascum (which I think is a pretty safe bet right now), then who's going to be the one wanting to ensure my point of keeping Gova safe doesn't get mucked with?

I'd have to give that to good ol Kantrip, who incidentally is probably Gova's scummate.

Get at me.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Wow Glyph you're ******** lol. Did you forget that players get to pick two abilities?

The reason I'm asking is because your original list was (iirc) Raz/Gova/Inferno. That had no Kantrip.

Nope, remembered wrong.

Also, Gova,

Everyone will be receiving a role PM. Some may get a “class” in their role, or part of a class, chosen for them. Those who have a “blank” role PM will be able to choose two classes, a Level 1 and a Level 2. You may choose the same class twice.
But wow. There are some things to think about here.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Legolas, what does that have to do with anything? And what is there to think about? The only thing this is going to accomplish, as far as I can tell, is me claiming to show Glyph's lack of foresight.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Glife, you didn't even consider that simply you might've been roleblocked by somebody? I mean there are a lot of possible other roles that can interefere with your NA too and thy don't necessarily have to be locked to a certain class. I think at this point it's rather hard to take NA results at face value anyway unless they're like confirmed from more than one side. It's almost impossible to accurately estimate the odds of a NA being 100% trustworthy before we have some sort of confirmation via flips.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think nobody in this game should vote for anybody purely based on NA at this point. Unless you have a reason to suspect somebody that is not related to NA, claims or something like that you shouldn't vote for him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gheb, why even be a killjoy right now? Seriously, I'd MUCH rather let Gova play out the scenario instead of supplying him with an alibi. ESPECIALLY seeing as he has claimed that his role would show GLife's lack of foresight rather than simply mentioning roleblocker.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh man, it's fun to call out people who leave the thread without explaining themselves.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can't believe you actually felt the need to point that out. Like, wtf were you hoping to achieve by doing so?

I hate you Lego. Seriously, what POSSIBLE town motivation would you have for saying that?

Oh, you think that this conversation based on a misconception like this would possibly result in something which town can use? Because how I see it, this conversation would've been ultimately useless and based on confusion and wrong ideas. Which is especially useless when it can be solved with information known to everyone reading this thread.

Ending such a useless conversation is the best for town. If you had ANYTHING you wanted to get out of where this conversation was going, please do tell. :glare:

Now get your damn vote off Gova because leaving it to sit there is grimy as hell, I don't know what you hope to achieve with that either.

Top Bottom