• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yes I have reason to believe I was roleblocked but it's not because of Split Punch. It seems I just got blocked from only one thing, and that's all I'm saying for now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well Rajam saying he didn't get the PM made me think I was roleblocked as well I guess, but I was redirected instead.

Hold on, I have to ask the mod something. I think it makes sense now.

Rajam

Smash Champion
12. Mime- (no second class)

Mimic - Choose two target players. The first player you will mimic, using the same abilities they use (any and all, excluding Killing abilities) on the second targeted player (if it is not a targeted ability, it will still be used globally or individually). You will not be notified what ability or abilities you are using.
Claim: Town Mime

I targeted Gova (1st player, mimic'd) and me (2nd player, targeted) last Night, since I realized I was possibly gonna be vigged, and also because Gova crumbed Chemist in #591:

I think Nich as at L-1 so this is a good time to tell everyone that, much like Ryker, I need to be on the lynch wagon.
As far as I know, these have been the claims: Kantrip claimed to have targetted me with that Doom thing. Inferno claims he hastened Gheb, and Gova that he targeted Gheb with something. Inferno and Gova didn't refute Raziek's watcher results, so I'm assuming they're true. Correct me if I'm missing something or if I'm wrong. Let's see the chemist a little:

13. Chemist

(passive) Lv. 1 Maintenance - You cannot be roleblocked or redirected by other players’ abilities.

(passive) Lv. 2 Auto-potion - Should you be NKilled on N1 or N2, the NKill will fail and you will be voteblocked/roleblocked the following Day phase. Daykills will still work.
Restriction - You must be on a successful lynch every day. Should you not be on a successful lynch at the end of the Day phase you will lose your Chemist abilities. This still occurs during a No Lynch but does not occur if a Day phase ends for any reason other than a lynch (mod kill, special phases, etc.)
If I was actually "killed" by Kantrip, I should be voteblocked/roleblocked now, but I am not

Also, Gova didn't target Gheb with the execute thing, or else I should be included in that as well, I guess. Discarding Gova then, this is why I think Inferno is the one lying

Kantrip is only guessing he got roleblocked; never confirmed it. Something doesn't fit between him and Gova, or else I should be voteblocked/rblocked, or received some sort of message according to Kantrip, which I didn't. I have a theory of what may have happened here, but I want to hear Kantrip and Gova 1st

btw I didn't receive any result N1. I just targeted Gova and myself... and that was it

Inferno should be lynched anyways, Gova wasn't the one targetting Gheb with the execute thing

This is just ********.

Why do you assume Mime mimics PASSIVES when it says "using the same abilities they use"?
Why is everyone forgetting that Zeke also targeted Gheb?
Why is everybody thinking that the Execute requires a visit?

These claims are dumb as hell.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rajam you really shouldn't have claimed there. Nothing you said even makes sense.

You chose Gova for what reason? Because he had the Chemist restriction? For all you know that could be the level 1 PASSIVE ability OR the level 2 PASSIVE ability.

I think Rajam just slipped scummates with Gova. Either that or he did something INFINITELY STUPID.

I think... I think this may make sense.

Gova has a redirecting ability of some caliber that redirects off of target player and onto _______ (I'm not even going to try to guess at what ______ could be). Rajam mimicked Gova, targeting himself. This means that target player for the REDIRECT that he mimicked is himself, and the ability redirected onto Sang.

As a result, mimic Rajam redirects my Split Punch onto Seph.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This would mean Gova has a redirect ability that he used on Gheb, redirecting something OFF of Gheb and ON TO someone else.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also I thought I said I HAVE REASONS FOR THINKING I WAS ROLEBLOCKED BESIDES ME ABILITY NOT GOING THROUGH ON RAJAM. THAT IS WHY I ASKED RAJAM IF IT WENT THROUGH ON HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE. SAYING ANYTHING MORE, HOWEVER, IS A BAD IDEA AT THIS TIME.

Stop rolefishing.

Rajam

Smash Champion
even if my ability doesn't clone passives, it still should mimic the execute-ability. If Gova used that, then I should appear on the execute thing too. Basically that's what matters: Gova didn't target Gheb with the execute

Rajam

Smash Champion
Gova targeted Gheb with a redirect ability. I am almost 100% on this.
Explain. If this is true, shouldn't Gheb have avoided the execute thing? If the redirect was "slowed" (which could be an explanation), then shouldn't it have gone last, thus not-redirecting anything at all?

I'm confused o_O

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sorry Legolas, I got excited because I thought I was onto something that explained what's going on and redirector is rarely a town role.

Rajam: That's a good point. The only way it would work is if the execute isn't the targeted ability.

So I guess we have two scenarios here:

One is that execute is a targeted ability which means Inferno did it and is scum, and the other is that execute is not a targeted ability and you mimicked Gova's redirect.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well, Inferno and Gova both confirmed what Raziek claimed. If Raziek has a watcher and a execute thing ability, then I don't really know what to think... yeah I'm excluding Raziek
Actually, iirc, Raziek confirmed what Gova and Inferno said.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yeah you're right about that. Even though he didn't claim the people he had the number.

Alright so it's very likely one of Inferno or Gova are scum.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Kanty, Inferno already some something to that respect (although he was the town and Gova was scum) and you see how well that turned out. What have we been saying about not focusing on roles and such to pick out scum? Go back and read what I said to Inferno when he started on that. Not everything is black and white and those people don't necessarily have to be scum.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos

This is ridiculous.

@Rajam, if you could keep up with the thread you would have seen the fact that SangfroidWarrior claimed that the shot had affected her. You also would have seen Kantrip's explanation on how it works because it isn't an instant kill, meaning that you wouldn't have been killed today even if it had hit you. You also would have seen the catastrophe that happened a few pages ago which goes against your assumptions. Which means that you wouldn't have had to claim.

@Kantrip, words can not express how dumb you are. If you even thought about things for even a bit, you would realize it is impossible for me to be a re-director. Because I was confirmed visiting Gheb, that means he would have to be one of my redirect targets; Rajam being the other. So when Rajam mimic'd me, if I was a re-director, he would have either targeted himself with your kill or switched it to Gheb depending on whether or not I redirected Gheb to Rajam or vice verca.

I'll read Ryker v Kantrip later.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't think you understand what I was thinking earlier, Gova.

Imagine with me for a moment:

Redirect: Choose a player. Any action performed on that player will be redirected to _________. My thoughts were that the blank could be a random player, a player through some sort of criteria (next highest number of posts after your target, for example. Or next fewest. Or least posts in general. There are options here), or maybe something the mod decides on. Idk.

Now, imagine this is your ability and you have used it on Gheb as your target.

Now, Rajam mimics your ability and uses it on himself as a target.

Now we have something being redirected OFF of GHEB and ON TO ________.
Also, something is being redirected OFF of RAJAM and ON TO ________.

Do you understand now what I was getting at?

Kantrip

Kantplay
WHEN the **** did I say you have to target two people? ESPECIALLY Rajam? Did you miss the part where he mimicked what you used on Gheb and used it on himself?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think Gova thought I was saying he was a bus driver who switched Rajam and Gheb.

Not even close. In fact the reason my Split Punch got redirected to Sang would have been as a result of Rajam's targeting himself. The only reason Gova would even be involved in this scenario is because Rajam would be using his ability.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, just in general a re-director requires you to target one person; the person who's abilities will be directed, to another person; the person who is going to be affected by those abilities.

If it had something dumb like "targets random player" it would be unreliable and not worth using.

Kantrip

Kantplay
In Overswarm games I'm pretty sure what I had in mind is a possibility.

Not RANDOM player perhaps, but based on something other than targeting. Something related to post count, probably.

Either way, the premise by which you called me "too dumb for words" is flawed because you misunderstood what I said, regardless of how you tell me I'm still dumb now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Besides, it would certainly not be a very pro-town role. That's why I was calling you scummy if my speculation was true....

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
EBWOP: Which would mean that If I was a redirector, I either re-directed Gheb's abilities to someone else, or re-directed someone elses abilties to Gheb. So if Rajam targeted me and himself; he copies what I did, meaning that he would either redirect something to himself or to Gheb if I understand the mimic ability correctly.

You're still dumb.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Anyways, I would like Glyph to respond to Raziek's questions from a while ago.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
All of the speculation you've put forward has been horrendous and is full of flawed assumptions.

Gova, comment on the post I put up prior to Kantrip trying to put his head on the chopping block. Lego is the one who needs to go, so the focus shouldn't be on me vs. Kantrip.

Top Bottom