• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Rate My Moveset!" :: Moveset Critique Thread

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Wow. Just...wow.

Yeah...

You obviously don't understand how good U-Turn is.

Or what type coverage is.

Or how fundamentally bad Baton Passing usually is.

But it's k. It really is.

EDIT: Or what getting locked into one move with no way to switch is, especially when said move isn't STAB.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
don't worry guys. remember when I was saying this guy didn't really know much of what he was talking about?

yup. there ya go.

new set so we can discuss something new.

Victini @ Grass/Electric Gem
60 Atk/252 SpAtk/196 Spe
Rash / Victory Star

V-create
Thunderbolt/Grass Knot
Psychic
U-turn/Brick Break

It's a straightforward lure set. V-create is there cuz it's his best stab move, Grass Knot is how he beats Milotic and Slowbro, Psychic is there for coverage vs. all of the FF pokemon running around to check Darmanitan and Victini and it has about a 50% chance to 2hko Arcanine with no hazards. Brick Break is there if you really want to hit houndoom on the switch, but U-turn is more solid and bluffs your set better. Speed beats +spe base 80s as well as stuff like Modest Roserade. The Gem is actually very important, as it lets Victini get the KO on Slowbro and KO Milotic if it comes in on an attack that isn't V-create (as victini will be outsped and 1hko'ed after the speed drop). Paves the way for water-type sweepers such as DD Feraligatr/Kingdra as well as other threats like Darmanitan and another companion sweeper idea of mine, posted below. Grass Knot has arguably more overall utility as it also lets Victini hit grounds, but Thunderbolt gets a KO on Slowbro that switches in on V-create without hazards, whereas the KO on slowbro isn't guaranteed with just SR when using Grass Knot...meaning you need spikes or you like gambling on a 75% chance on the KO. Milotic isn't 2hko'ed by GK without entry hazards anyway, but you can definitely cripple it to open a sweep for something else or give it a turn of setup.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers/Life Orb
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant / Technician

Bulk Up
Pursuit/Sucker Punch
Mach Punch
Aerial Ace/Bullet Punch

TechniTop with a twist. It tries to set up itself with its passable bulk by coming in on a resist and starting to set up Bulk Ups. It can easily sweep weakened teams with its priority. Pursuit vs. Sucker Punch is whether you want it to beat substitue ghost-types or whether you want it to be able to take out Alakazam post-setup. It lures burns and psychic attacks, which Victini loves switching into, and it can come in on unboosted water/rock/dark attacks, etc. Aerial Ace is a niche option, but it's one that lets him muscle past bulky Intimidate Hitmontop while keeping decent power and good coverage with fighting-type STAB, so it's another option to consider. First pair goes well together and is best for cleaning up bulkier teams, second pair goes well together in cleaning up more offensive teams.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
All I said was it's not good with Scarf. That's it. That would mean u get boosted SPD, but with the choice of one move. This means that Genesect would hit, then swtch, which is bad against Shadow Tag and Steel and Rock-Types. Good thing thing thread means absolutly nothing compared to Smogon and Serebii -_- And I know just how U-Turn is useful. Don't tell me I don't. U-Turn is great to use when you know moves like Close Combat, Overheat, Draco Meteor, and the listed above, V-Create, which is the good one, unless you can't pull off the U-Turn due to low SPD.

BTW I don't understand where I said U-Turn is 100% useless.Could you show me where I said that? Greatly appreciated.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
All I said was it's not good with Scarf. That's it. That would mean u get boosted SPD, but with the choice of one move. This means that Genesect would hit, then swtch, which is bad against Shadow Tag and Steel and Rock-Types. Good thing thing thread means absolutly nothing compared to Smogon and Serebii -_- And I know just how U-Turn is useful. Don't tell me I don't. U-Turn is great to use when you know moves like Close Combat, Overheat, Draco Meteor, and the listed above, V-Create, which is the good one, unless you can't pull off the U-Turn due to low SPD.

BTW I don't understand where I said U-Turn is 100% useless.Could you show me where I said that? Greatly appreciated.
You WANT to hit and switch against Shadow Tag, ESPECIALLY Chandelure (which is the only one that U-turn doesn't hit very well). I have no idea what you're talking about with Steel- and Rock-Types.

U-turn's power lies in its ability to deal damage AND scout your opponent. It's BRILLIANT for Scarf Pokémon. Obviously it sucks not being able to stay in against some Pokémon, but really, stating that it's not good with Scarf is just incorrect.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How is it bad against any of those? U-Turn allows it to actually SWITCH against Shadow Tag and Magnet Pull, and it can be used to ease prediction tremendously while getting free damage. ANY SITE you go to will tell you Flash Cannon is worthless on Genesect, especially Scarfsect. U-Turn is basically the ENTIRE GODDAMN REASON Scarfsect is a good set, sort of like how CB Scizor would be significantly less important without U-Turn. It also rounds off your coverage by doing Physical damage to Tyranitar and getting you out where otherwise TTar could easily take Flash Cannons and KO you with Fire Blast. Flash Cannon doesn't even HIT ANYTHING other than TTar (which, as I said, U-turn does much better) with your other coverage.

Right Here:
No, I facepalmed because u don't teach Scarfsect U-Turn -_-
Outrage bad? LOL Ok, man. Tested, and I swept an Uber team with it. Curse was my weakpoint. Not sure what to replace it with... Maybe a new attack like Ice Punch or Stone Edge.

Have you ever met an Uber user of Substitute? Just askin...
Substitute is everywhere in every tier lol.

Also, Outrage is terrible. Waterfall and Earthquake do more damage neutrally, and Ice Punch hits almost every Dragon 4x. Taking out an Ubers team means nothing BTW, seeing as most of the ****tiest players end up in Ubers, with stuff like Hyper Beam Zekrom and ****. Get to 1300+ on ANY ladder (preferably Smogon's) and come back with this ****. It ain't gunna work.

If you really have to use Swampert AT ALL, it would be the CB set. Choice Band with Waterfall/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Superpower. Hits pretty hard with Rain Support, albeit not that great still.

Also, I'm in a group on PO that discusses these things. We test b4 we submit. Now, I'm not gunna state that this is the best Swampert. There are weaknesses. Grass, Haze, Taunt, Dragon Tail, etc.. But this is what mine runs on. I've alrdy been thinking about curse. Ice Punch is too late for it. Stone Egde and Brick Break are the next options. (I usually have it Baton Pass'd neways :laugh:)
If those sets are what this (probably nonexistant) group is coming up with, then I can assure you Smashboards is MUCH better of a place to get information. Hell, when it comes to competitive battling we are certainly a much better source than the earlier mentioned SEREBII (of which caters to the casual audience).

Also, why the **** would you waste a baton pass to a Swampert? It is a slow weak *** **** with only moderate bulk. There are much better things you can be passing to, or hell, even better. There are better things you can be doing with Team slots than baton passing.

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE

Victini @ Grass/Electric Gem
60 Atk/252 SpAtk/196 Spe
Rash / Victory Star

V-create
Thunderbolt/Grass Knot
Psychic
U-turn/Brick Break
I freaking love this set. I almost want to make a new OU or UU team just to play with this. This set really looks like it should always net a kill in somewhere. Applause for you Kirbyraeg.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I know his Smogon username by chance. I wandered into his profile just to find he recently asked how to make social groups, and is trying to make a social group right now to pretend that this PO group exists.

What a fairytale wonderland he lives in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@UltiMario Fairytales? How about telling what REALLY happened, UltiMario, instead of making stuff up?

@RealGamer That's a sad way to challenge someone. Fail on you.

If you guys keep it up, you will be reported. Drop it and move on. BTW The social group is actually a Pokemon Online group. Not a Moveset discussion. I don't have time to waste with the likes of you people. I got to get ready for the tourny that's happening in Elmira.

No, I'm not mad. I'm just annoyed that you guys always point the "U suck" finger at me everytime I say ANYTHING on here.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That's because you ARE wrong.

Flash Cannon is fundamentally worse than U-Turn in every possible way.
Swampert is mediocre at best. Outrage is especially terrible on it.
Baton Pass is overrated, and especially bad if you're passing it to FREAKING SWAMPERT.

Also he lies at every turn lol. He tells me one place it's a Serebii group he's in, another a PO Group.

Can this guy PLEASE get the same fate as lashing leaf? lol

Still waiting for you to show up to the battle, too =p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
God DAMN Ulti, I'm really impressed by how you're actually trying to help this guy. Massive props.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Actually we just told you why certain things in your sets were bad, and you got mad insulted and said we didn't know what we were talking about because we're not an important Pokemon-related site that talks about competitive play and stuff, and basically ignored us and gave anecdotal evidence about how your set is baws.

I will admit that Ulti went the wrong way with telling you why the move choices were bad, but his points were right nonetheless.

Understanding the importance of U-Turn on a Scarf user is understanding the importance of having more knowledge in any given situation than your opponent. Even if you're running Timid and no Attack EVs, you still want U-Turn on Genesect just because of that advantage. Genesect's scarf set has solid type coverage in the other three moveslots, so Flash Cannon is completely unnecessary; STAB or not. The only thing your three other moves don't let you hit for at least neutral is Lanturn, which Flash Cannon isn't helping you with anyway. You might as well just run the most useful STAB move that Genesect has in the last slot, which due to the natural utility that U-Turn brings to the table, it's the choice.

Also, the Download Attack boost you'll probably get about half the time. STAB U-Turn coming off a 372 Attack stat (at absolute minimum after the Atk boost; this is the same as your Attack stat when running max Atk EVs and a +Atk nature, in case you didn't know) is devastating, and it puts your opponent in an extremely bad position almost every time the situation arises. This is a situation that you will almost never have with Flash Cannon, because it deals with a situation where it's almost impossible for the opponent to actually make a decision that will leave them at an advantage; both in knowledge and in played Pokemon.

Also, just to note. A condescending tone from a falsified sense of status is just going to get you laughed at. I would try to leave that at the door if you want to get positive feedback here, or anywhere else.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's because you ARE wrong.

Flash Cannon is fundamentally worse than U-Turn in every possible way.
Swampert is mediocre at best. Outrage is especially terrible on it.
Baton Pass is overrated, and especially bad if you're passing it to FREAKING SWAMPERT.

Also he lies at every turn lol. He tells me one place it's a Serebii group he's in, another a PO Group.

Can this guy PLEASE get the same fate as lashing leaf? lol

Still waiting for you to show up to the battle, too =p
Ok, now ur spamming. Keep it up, and I'm reporting u.

No ur not helping me. Ur telling me that I suck, which isn't helping me or anyone.

I nvr lied. I joined a F***ING CLAN on SEREBII T_T And I made a PO group cause I'm planning on quitting the clan SHEER FORCE.

How did this start..? U-Turn right? So I'm U-Turning away from this. If u respond to this, I'm reporting u.

I'm just forgetting this... Pokemon is a video game, not a war. I wonder why I should even respond to this when I could just go play Halo. I got critique, but I got mad when u put words in my mouth, ULTIMARIO -_-

You can slam my movesets, I don't care, but don't just SUPPOSE that's why I got mad. Enough's enough. Drop it.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Let's just drop it. Honestly.

I think the only way we'll stop talking about this is if:

1: asage stops responding to everything everybody says
2: i post other stuff to talk about

since i can't control 1, i'm going to do 2.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 SpDef
Modest(Timid) / Insomnia

Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
HP Flying/Substitute
Heat Wave

In RU arguably the most threatening pokemon is Sub MoxieKrow. Its checks are Rhyperior, Steelix, faster Substitute users, etc. Now, watch as they all melt away after one turn of setup or the proper coverage move. Steelix needs hazards or residual damage to break Sturdy, but Heat Wave is an easy 1hko, Dark Pulse 1hko's max HP Rhydon at +2, and HP Flying breaks the bulky Fighting types like SpDef Hariyama. Yes, it gets "walled" by Munchlax, but who the hell would switch Munchlax in on an expected BB? To top it all off, +2 Dark Pulse is extremely close to a 2hko on 252 spdef careful Eviolite Munchlax after SR, meaning the #1 special wall has to rely on a Whirlwind or lucky paralysis to beat you, and it can't be walled forever. Substitute protects against revengers, as the only two things you lose coverage on are Hariyama (who you now lose to) and Sharpedo (who you can 2hko with an unboosted Dark Pulse), while giving you a chance to strike back vs. faster, bulky pokemon. Again, geared towards eliminating physical walls for other physical sweepers, can take advantage of Lilligant to set up, can beat Steelix, etc.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lol obviously I'm still living in 4th Gen.

Talking about a 5th Gen Pokemon. WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH ME?!

But yeah anyway Asage, I do want to ask something. What purpose does Flash Cannon serve on the set specifically? And I want an answer outside of just STAB. STAB *insert power move here* is a good place to look for a move when you just need something for those situations where you don't really know how the opponent is going to react, but that only works in situations where the STAB move in question has good neutral type coverage on its own; this is something that Flash Cannon doesn't have.

So yeah. I just want to know what running Flash Cannon on Genesect is bringing to the set that is going to push it forward. More specifically, what its advantage is over running U-Turn in the last slot, in particular.

EDIT: Oh god kirbyraeg your bait sets are amazing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
To be fair to the guy, it's pretty common to put STAB moves on all your offensive guys, since pretty much everyone does it, bar maybe Jirachi and Heatran (terrible type coverage) and Tyranitar (anti-metagame).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Jirachi always packs Iron Head, but that's not for coverage.

Also Kirby you're making me want to go into the lower tiers again lol.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, most Steel-types don't use Steel-type moves unless the move fills a specific niche that the set wants/needs or it's just that much better than every other option they could conceivably run in that slot.

I really need to not think my posts over so much. ;-;

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Looks like the argument is over now, so I'll try not to stir anything up again, but people need to calm down.

Don't post your moveset in a "Rate My Moveset" thread if you aren't prepared to take some criticisms on it, asage. You seem pretty positive that your sets are some of the best movesets to use, which makes me wonder why you posted it in this thread in the first place. As the OP says, you post your movesets here to help improve them, not just to show them off.

And keep the tone down with the advice, too. I understand that you got a very unreceptive response to your initial criticisms, but responding like that is only going to make the person you're giving advice to even less receptive to what you're saying.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm sorta new to Pokemon B/W competitively, but I love Starmie and gave it a semi-normal set with a little twist:

Starmie @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid (Natural Cure)

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Camouflage

This is probably a little strange, but the move Camouflage is great imo. Though I question if taking out Recover/Rapid Spin is a bad idea.

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
It depends on wether you are vulnerable to stealth rock or spikes imo. If so, you should probably not take out rapid spin.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Here the moveset for my Torterra on Platinum:
Item= Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Leaf Storm

Description: Leaf Storm is more of a finisher move while I usually increase his/her speed with RP, then Earthquake away! Stone Edge is to deal with pesky Flying and Ice-Type Pkmn.

Here's the moveset for my Rayquaza on SoulSilver:
Item= Dragon Fang
Outrage
[HM] Fly
[HM] Surf
Drago Meteor

Description: I usually attack with either Fly or Surf if it's a Double Battle. Drago Meteor is pretty much a finisher. And if it's a Single Battle with a Trainer? One Word: OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! *Machine Gun fire and explosions behind me*

... I cut through the Elite Four like a Chainsaw through Hot Butter. Speaking of which--

WILD ZUBAT APPEARED!
YOU DARE TRY TO STRIKE ME WITH THAT STUPID BITE ATTACK?

YOU MUST DIE!

*More Machine Gun Fire and Explosions*

THIS IS MADNESS!
Madness? Madness refers to a Zubat trying to Rick Roll Me. You Want Madness? I'll Show You Madness! IMA FIREN MAH LAZAH!!!

O_._O__
/------------------
|BLLLLARRRGH!
\------------------

So How's My Mains?
:awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, the V-Quaza is to be released soon... I plan on making him work like this (I'll be getting him from a friend, if anyone's wondering)
Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Air Lock: Jolly
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
V-Create
Outrage
Shadow Claw
~~
So, Dragon Dance covers V-Create's sad Speed lowering, while powering it up. Outrage covers (in the uber tier) all Dragon types, ultimatly always being on. Shadow Claw halts Mewtwo, Giratna, and Ghost-Arceus. V-Create, with DD, can KO almost anything in the Uber tier, except having problems with Kyogre.

If replacing need be, I think it's Shadow Claw. I need some sort of Physical move. Any thoughts of what move to replace Shadow Claw with? I have another ideal set I might run:

Rayquaza @ Choice Scarf
Air Lock: Adament
4 Hp / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
V-Create
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge

I wanna avoid this moveset... But V-Create/Choice Scarf is so badass... Help?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It depends on wether you are vulnerable to stealth rock or spikes imo. If so, you should probably not take out rapid spin.
Not too bad, though I also have Forretress with me. Thanks for the feedback!

I do love how on wifi Camouflage makes you Ground.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Surf just doesn't hit hard enough anymore. Run Hydro Pump. The loss of accuracy sucks, but you need to get the crucial KOs.

Camouflage I guess has SOME practical purpose, but is basically invalidated by having good team Synergy, and ultimately Recover is the better option.

Also Asage, replace Shadow Claw with EQ or Stone Edge. Outrage hits everything Shadow Claw does, Harder.

venustas

Smash Rookie
Good day good day I like to know how good my move set is in regards to all 5 legendary's. Like I said prior I have read all of pokemonofthedaychics reviews in regards to the legendary dogs and I have to disagree on raikou I used him at level 43 to paralyze and capture lugia and he withstood 3 hyper pump attacks before any healing was required witch aint bad at all considering water is one of his weaknesses .move set for raiko is zap cannon spark lightning and quick attack I removed quick attack for reflect a defensive move I do not even use none of the pokemon I have has defensive moves I believe in the offensive period. Entei move set flamethrower strentgh rocksmash and hidden power effective against just about any pokemon I've come across from psychic to water types .suicune move set aurora beam icy wind bubble beam and a useless move I never use or even know the name of, still looking for a set to use for suicune. ho-oh move set fly fire blast gust and flash fly and flash slave moves I know but effective in battle and yes I removed recover cause its an unused commodity as far as I am concerned. Now for my starter tododile fully evolved and maxed out iron tail ice punch water blast and cut another slave move but effective when used to catch pokemon at level 48 up. So what is my rating?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Good day good day I like to know how good my move set is in regards to all 5 legendary's. Like I said prior I have read all of pokemonofthedaychics reviews in regards to the legendary dogs and I have to disagree on raikou I used him at level 43 to paralyze and capture lugia and he withstood 3 hyper pump attacks before any healing was required witch aint bad at all considering water is one of his weaknesses .move set for raiko is zap cannon spark lightning and quick attack I removed quick attack for reflect a defensive move I do not even use none of the pokemon I have has defensive moves I believe in the offensive period. Entei move set flamethrower strentgh rocksmash and hidden power effective against just about any pokemon I've come across from psychic to water types .suicune move set aurora beam icy wind bubble beam and a useless move I never use or even know the name of, still looking for a set to use for suicune. ho-oh move set fly fire blast gust and flash fly and flash slave moves I know but effective in battle and yes I removed recover cause its an unused commodity as far as I am concerned. Now for my starter tododile fully evolved and maxed out iron tail ice punch water blast and cut another slave move but effective when used to catch pokemon at level 48 up. So what is my rating?

venustas

Smash Rookie
Pokemon: raikou @ Item amulet coin
Nature: passive aggressive p/o | Ability: thunder
EV Spread: atk115 def 114 specl.atk 143 specl.def 127 spd 148
~Move 1:spark
~Move 2:thundershock
~Move 3:zap cannon
~Move 4:reflect(not in use).
Pokemon: entei @ Item: charcoal
Nature: passive aggressive | Ability :lava
EV Spread: atk 173 def 138 specl.atk 136 specl. Def 138 spd 146.
Move 1 hidden power 2 strength 3 flame thrower 4 rock smash
Pokemon: suicune @ Item: never melt ice
Nature: docile p/o | Ability aurora
EV Spread: atk 104 def 152 spcl. Atk 132 specl.def 159 spd 110.
Pokemon: ho-oh @ Item
:ash Nature: aggressive p/o | Ability
:fire/flying EV Spread: atk 182 def 122 specl. Atk 146 specl. Def 201 spd unknown
~Move 1: fire blast
~Move 2: gust
~Move 3: fly
~Move 4: flash.
Pokemon: lugia @ Item: mystic water
Nature: lame but powerful | Ability: diving/flying/psychic
EV Spread: atk 131 def 165 specl. Atk 117 specl. Def 194 spd 141. Please rate
~Move 1:waterfall
~Move 2:surf
~Move 3:whirlpool
~Move 4:recover. Please do rate these legendary's I have read pokemonofthedaychic's reviews on these legendary's but I have to disagree.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Raikou:

Amulet Coin is a terrible item. In fact, it's worse than having no item, because having no item makes you immune to Trick and Switcheroo. Use either Life Orb or Leftovers. You have no nature, go with either Timid or Modest. Your EV spread is invalid. You have a total of 790 EVs, and you can only use 510. Give your Raikou 252 SpAtk and 252 Speed. No other stats are relevant if your goal is to hit hard. Get rid of Reflect if it is not in use. "Thunder" is not an ability in the Pokemon games, use Volt Absorb. There is no reason for it to be there if it is not in use. There is no reason to use Spark and Thundershock, they are inferior to Zap Cannon. Zap Cannon is in turn inferior to Thunderbolt. Use Hidden Power Ice in order to hit Dragon-, Ground-, and Grass-type Pokemon super effectively, as they resist Electric. Use Extrasensory for additional coverage against Grass-types, as they are commonly also Poison-type. Your fourth move is up to you. Substitute, Calm Mind, Volt Switch, and Aura Sphere are all solid choices.

Charcoal only boosts the power of one of Entei's moves, use Life Orb instead. You have no nature, use Adamant to take advantage of his high Attack stat. "Lava" is not an ability in the Pokemon games, use Flash Fire. You have too many EVs again. Use 252 Atk and 252 Speed. Flamethrower relies on Entei's lower SpAtk stat. Use Flare Blitz instead as your STAB move. You did not state Hidden Power's type; use Grass or Ice. Strength is inferior to ExtremeSpeed, replace it. Rock Smash does not give you significant type coverage. Stone Edge is more powerful and hits Fire-types that resist Flare Blitz.

Your Suicune should not use NeverMeltIce. It is not Ice-type, so it will not be able to utilize it very well. Docile does not help Suicune's stats. You can use Bold if you want to be defensive, or Modest if you want to do more damage. "Aurora" is not an ability, use Water Absorb. You have too many EVs again. Your EV spread will depend on what moves you select, which you have none of.

Your Ho-Oh has no item. Use Life Orb in order to hit hard. You no nature, use Adamant in order to hit hard. You have no ability, use Regenerator. You have too many EVs again. Use 252 Atk and 252 Speed. Gust is inferior to Fly, drop it. Fly is inferior to Brave Bird, so replace it. Fire Blast hits with Ho-Oh's lower SpAtk stat, use Sacred Fire instead to do more damage. For your last two moves, you can use Flame Charge to increase your speed, Roost to heal off damage, or Earthquake to hit Rock-type Pokemon who resist Fire- and Flying-type moves.

Lugia should not have Mystic Water, Leftovers increase its defensive ability. You have no nature, use Bold in order to increase your defenses. You have no ability, use Multiscale. You have too many EVs again. Use 252 HP, 176 Def, and 80 SpDef in order to get a mix of physical and special bulk. Whirlpool is inferior to both Waterfall and Surf, drop it. Surf is stronger than Waterfall, so get rid of Waterfall. Recover is inferior to Roost, as it allows you to cancel out your weakness to Rock-, Electric-, and Ice-type moves for one turn. Your remaining two moves could be Ice Beam for type coverage against Dragon- and Grass-type Pokemon, Thunderbolt to hit Water-type Pokemon, Calm Mind in order to boost your defenses and offenses, or Toxic for residual damage.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wave like legendary dogs don't have DW abilities yet

Also you must be PRETTY bored to respond to a post like that so seriously.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So I used to run a sun team (gen 5), and had a lot of success with this Umbreon:

Umbreon (M)
@ Leftovers
+Def, -SAtk
252HP/252Def/4SDef
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Payback
- Curse

Everything was dumped into physical defense because of how much more common physical attackers are in the current metagame. Umbreon has pretty good SDef anyways, so it can take the hits without too much of an issue unless it's something really OP. Moonlight heals 2/3rds HP in sun, so this set really benefits from it. I'd actually use it to check dragons provided the sun was up and they hadn't already started setting up hardcore lol, switch in and curse until they outrage, then heal off the damage until they hit themselves. Worked pretty well, and my team didn't have any steels for some reason, so I made do with this. Anyways, main idea is to curse up on things that think they can take you out, and then destroy them with payback. Basically anything that's not STAB fighting/bug coming from a boosted 130+ attack stat can be cursed on and then healed off next turn with sun.

Unfortunately, this thing gets destroyed by taunt/torment, has the standard mono-attacking woes, and is slow as molasses. Also, lolcrits ruin everything as usual. The rest of my team was Ninetales, CB Arcanine (flash fire), spinner/priority Hitmontop (technician), Venusaur (I think? Idk, I changed this slot around, but it had to be able to take special/water attacks), and Gliscor (type synergy and other stuff).

Thoughts, feedback etc?

:059:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The only problem I see is that +6 Payback won't really do much damage. You aren't Suicune, who can plow through Pokemon who resist Water just fine. Even frail Dark-resistant Pokemon can take multiple Paybacks; even Infernape is 3HKOed.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I actually almost never run into that problem, only somewhat frequent issue is Conkeldurr who I shouldn't be staying in on anyways :x I think it 2 or 3HKOs Scizor at +6? Although it does kinda rely on my opponent attacking me, because otherwise payback's not taking anyone out ever lol. Never ran calcs, but just put some in and it'll deal about 150 on 0Def Scizor without factoring in the 2x boost from it hitting me first, which is a pretty solid 3HKO without the boost.

:059:

IceArrow

Smash Lord

Scizor (M) @ Steel Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

This set works very well because they don't expect Scizor to have a flying attack. It also OHKOs a lot more pokemon with the steel gem.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The point of SDRoost Scizor is to set up Multiple SDs. The Steel Gem is pointless once you hit +4, and leftovers would be more helpful. Technican Bug Bite is more powerful and Acrobatics anyways- and you still only get the win against Jellicent, but not Skarmory, of which usually wall the SDRoost set. And now Rotom-W, Reuniclus, and various steels will **** all over you.

Basically it's a worse SDRoost Scizor.

Top Bottom