• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't understand what's going on.

@Xonar, are you saying you chose to activate auto-potion? And your Night Sword thing results are worded as "Player ______ is ______?
I think you misread horrendously because I figured out what he meant easily enough.

Essentially, I'm holding ALL the pieces to the puzzle at the moment.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Rajam. For Thief, if I am on a successful lynch, I get that person's last used active ability. RR must have used his Pitfall ability N1 and I used it N2.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Explain then? Because you can't choose to activate auto-potion. It's a passive...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Explain then? Because you can't choose to activate auto-potion. It's a passive...
He's talking about if anyone was protected, then his ability being redirected could be an alternative suggesting someone else could've been targeted instead of his auto-potion activating.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Continue with the mass claim.

We are getting this taken care of. Glyph still needs to die, just maybe not today.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
No, it is not a passive ability because I had to choose to use it. If you read that thing carefully, it looked like OS was trying to separate the first ability from the second, passive one. It says nowhere that that ability is passive. I can ask, if you'd like. Or you can ask. Either way, I'm not lying.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Pitfall doesn't appear to be a passive. It says it underneath that, I'm assuming that's referring two the level 2, being Attack Up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Passive is in parenthesis after the second ability. That heading doesn't appear on Chemist either. Get OS to clarify.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
It says (passive) over the first two abilities for a chemist but does not specifically say a chemist is passive. My thief ability is a passive ability, though, and I don't necessarily choose to use it.

Now, if you're going to make Glyph fess up, don't be a hypocrite. Why do you think I'm lying?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not being a hypocrite, so you can ditch that line right there. There's a good reason that both of you are higher on the claim list than me and I'm going to wait until we've gotten the information out. That includes GLife's.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
What? I'm pretty sure that if it has (passive) in front of it means that that ability is passive.

Also, I get what he means now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Wait are Inferno and Gova not claiming character? :glare:
My PM says what my stone is and that I'm town.

My stone is Aries; I am a townie; I am a Thief Lv.1 and Dragoon Lv. 2. First night (when I replaced in) I was asked if I wanted to use my Jump ability and I did not. I wasn't fully aware what it did and was nervous about doing something I didn't understand. Last Night, I got the Pitfall ability from RR and used it. If there's anything else, give me heads up. Otherwise, I need to finish my read to give you an opinion, Ryker.
What does pitfall do? Don't remember right now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is another prime example of why everyone should pay attention to and remember their restrictions.

If Legolas is legit, he should have remembered that obtaining Auto Potion would give him the Chemist Restriction, which would mean he needs to be on a successful lynch. If memory serves, he wasn't which is why he was blocked.

I'm also confused about him having no stone, and that part worries me because you'd think the one player without a stone would be the indy who uses them for their wincon (though that has always been a hypothesis and this devolves into WIFOM and spreads FUD so I'll leave it).

Just got back from a haircut and my claim's up. Sorry about the slight delay.

I am Agrias, Town Holy Knight. My stone is Gemini.

I have two one-shot abilities for my level 1: Split Punch, which I used on Rajam on N1, and a straightforward Investigate that I used on Glyph N2. I'm really ****ing confused about his claim of miller status because I got a town result. I suspect he is lying about it and I want to know his reasoning for that on top of why he targeted Ryker with his roleblocking ability.

My level 2 is called Lionsguard Servitude. I pick a player and they are protected from dying AND from roleblocks/redirects. The restriction on this ability is that if I fail to succesfully visit my target I will be notified that I will take two less votes to lynch.

N1 I tried to protect Ryker with Lionsguard Servitude and I used Split Punch on Rajam. I got a PM saying I would take two less votes to lynch because I broke my code. This is what led me to believe I had been roleblocked. But then Sang claimed to have received the Split Punch targeted at Rajam. I asked the mod to clarify on the condition of my ability, and asked if being redirected to someone else would trigger the restriction. It would, since it counts as "failing to visit my target".

N2 I investigated Glyph and tried protecting Raziek.

Before I replaced in, T-block sent a question to the mod to clarify how long the -2 votes to lynch restriction would last (is it just for the next Day phase or until the end of the game) and Overswarm replied that he wouldn't give any extra information on the ability. SO BASICALLY I don't know if I'm still double hated or not.

Last thing I want to address is that I think Town has a lot of investigative abilities. Ryker presumably has one, Raz apparently has one, Legolas claims to have one, Nicholas DID have one. To be honest, if there's one claim I'm suspicious of it's Legolas's. There's a lot of blips where they either messed up (forgetting restrictions) or things don't make much sense (I wasn't voteblocked when they investigated me), and there's the thing where they are the only ones without a stone. In addition, they claim to get alignment results, something BOTH NICH AND MYSELF have a one-shot investigate to find out. I doubt the existence of a [pretty much] cop and two players with a one-shot cop.

And wow this is a big wall.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Lv. 1 Pitfall - The first ability used on you in the NAR after this ability goes through will fail, regardless of its source.
The "after this ability goes through" implies that the ability is actively used. Even if it is used each night, it's not passive and so Sang's claim of stealing it makes sense still.

Any suspicion on Sang is kind of redundant anyways unless she doesn't die on N4.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Uh, he was on a successful lynch D1 and presumably was shot N1 which activated his auto-potion and making him voteblocked/roleblocked for D2.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Uh, he was on a successful lynch D1 and presumably was shot N1 which activated his auto-potion and making him voteblocked/roleblocked for D2.
I'm talking about why he was blocked N2. I don't recall if he was on the RR lynch and/or the execution or not.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
You don't become roleblocked if you fail to meet the chemist restriction, you just lost the ability.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You don't become roleblocked if you fail to meet the chemist restriction, you just lost the ability.
Oh okay I got the restriction wrong then, I was operating off of memory. I guess it doesn't really matter for Auto Potion on N2 then, since that's the last Day it applies anyways.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Any passive ability is one that you don't have to send in to use; any active ability is one that you have to specifically use.

-MOD

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh. Thanks for the clarification mod :)

So it is a passive ability, and Thief specifically says it can't steal passive abilities. Sang=lying.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wha-?

That's really weird. From my understanding Pitfall is usable every Night and it happens on yourself, so the point of it being sent in seems non-existant. I guess for targeting/roleblocking purposes and stuff. Alright, I'll take your word for it though.

Rajam has practically claimed fully already. All we need is stone, and character if applicable.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Claim: Town Mime

I picked this role because it looks funny, it doesn't have restrictions (well... other than being unable to pick a second class), and helps in checking role claims if I target myself, or even if I target someone else

Character claim: I'm just a townie. No name

N1 I mimic'd Gova and targeted myself.

I did that after picking on Gova's breadcrumb in #591, and realizing I was a likely vig target, so I wanted to protect myself. My bad on not realizing my ability shouldn't mimic passives ._.

N1 Results: Nothing happened to me afaik. I didn't receive any results/notifications of any sort.

N2 I was between picking either Raz, Gova or Lego to mimic. I asked OS what would happen if I mimic'd Raziek: would I receive the watcher results? OS told me I had to find out by myself -_-. Then I analyzed Lego, because he wanted me to mimic him; he claimed he couldn't vote nor execute in #795, so it hinted me either Samurai or Geomancer. Then, in #1310 he claimed he's hated, which hinted me either Calculator or Summoner. Considering the possible townie combinations, nothing really called my attention stronger than Gova's claim-hints on him being a protective role (#973 + #1087). He shouldn't have lost that anyways despite losing his chemist ability last Day (chemist hints in #591 and #1112 + #1113; loses chemist by not being on the execute wagon). So, with town having the upper hand, I decided on not-going risky trying to mimic Raziek, and decided instead to play it safe and keep town's advantage, by mimic'ing Gova, and targeting him. The higher chances of being less NKills would also help in an eventual necessity of checking SW' claim of dying N4 if needed.

N2 then I mimic'd Gova, and targeted Gova.

I didn't protect Raziek because honestly I think he has a high chance of flipping Indy. Didn't protect Ryker because that's supposed to be Gova's and Raziek's job. Didn't protect Lego because despite I have a town read on him, I think between Lego and Gova Lego is more likely to flip indy, also because Lego claimed hated and hence could be a liability late-game, and also because I realized there could be some chance of Gova or Raziek protecting him. Overall I decided to play it safe and save the claimed doctor, which also was a likely mafia/indy NKill target in my eyes if they wanted to aim to a non-obv target (like Ryker, Raz or Lego). Saving the doctor would also allow me to work as a second doctor in future Nights.

N2 I didn't receive results/notifications of any sort.

I guess that's it. Do I really need to claim stone? I insist it's unecessary and potentially only help indies...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, so Glyph is indy. Fun stuff.

I'm a Thief Lv.1 and Lancer Lv.2. Might switch those as I dunno if it's right, but I've got Steal and Jump. Our restriction is that I cannot be protected from night kills.

Night 1 I jumped, removing ourselves from NAR.
Night 2 I inherited TWO abilities from yesterday.

I inherited a Day Jan that Janitors the target if they are lynched (I declined to use it) and I got an Oracle roleblock WITHOUT THE ORACLE RESTRICTION! Because I didn't pick the Oracle class and only recieved the ability, I was essentially able to roleblock any two players, which I did.

That being said, I was pretty sold on my scum reads and didn't fancy dying a stabby death, so I found them at their lockers and nerd shoved Glyph and Inferno into them. Glyph landed on his sandwich and his butt is now covered in mayonnaise.

I bull****ted tracker completely because Raz was a question mark leaping off the page at me. After he claimed Watcher, I reasoned out that he had to have targeted Gheb because his action would have failed if I had jumped away. As such, I was essentially able to play out the situation as the tracker because there was no reason to make scum suspect I may not have picked Auto-Potion, the ability being a pretty solid choice to stick around with a track.

Gova's ability failed because we're a Thief, not because of his restriction (I think).

Kantrip

Kantplay
So both Auto-potion and Tracker were calculated fake claims?

Clever.

You're right, things ARE lining up Ryker. Your jump accounts for my failed N1 action on you, too. The subtraction of Tracker lessens the investigate-heavy town a bit more.

Alright, so since the Oracle ability you stole came from Red Ryu's lynch, I'm assuming the Janitor thing came from the execution? That means that mafia has a ****-load of abilities.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Indy Glyph would be really convenient and line up really well, imo. The execution and the day kill would both be presumably his doing. Maybe the weird messages being sent around too, though those could be mafia's. What I fail to understand is why he is claiming miller status but is coming up inno to me. That is something that makes no sense.

Glyph, you need to come right the **** in here and clarify things. You got what you wanted and Ryker claimed before you, so spill all the beans.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So, I'm PRETTY SURE this town's got a terrible case of the Glyphindys. Look at what he's done.

Roleblocked Gova. Ok, I guess. Not a terrible pick, but not my number one. This isn't the issue.

Roleblocked me. Whoa now, slow your roll, hombre. I believe you bro, I really do. But why? Why do you block the guy who just butt devastated scum? Answer? You never expected anyone to know.

I wasn't very loud with Glyph suspicions yesterday. However, today, he found himself on top of the claim order proposed by the goddamn tracker. He couldn't lie about his target, so he had to set himself up at odds with me.

Look at what he did after his claim. He withholds explanation of why he did what he did until after claims are over. His role yields no results, so the only thing he does is stall out until the investigatives out their information so that he can see if he can add or edit his claim to something he can get away with. Sorry, not gonna fly.

In addition to sheer role speculation, you have his play.

He sidelined the hell out of Day 1 aside from the gambit on Nich, which was null in any case.
On Day 2, he came out and tried to catch Gova, failing in the process. Other than that, he reacted to Lego's case and hopped onto my wagon instantly when Orbo claimed.

That's, quite literally, all he's done of note in the game.

Inferno is probably the last mafia. We should definitely have Lego investigate him tonight. I'll lynch him tomorrow.

Top Bottom