• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Lmfao my work schedule is Tuesday-Friday 12-9
Saturday from 10-6.
So I got Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday and Tuesday off. Sunday and Monday being my weekend days. <--- sucks balls
You should try working in the food industry. My work schedule changes every week basically :(

Also, finally got confirmation from my boss that I have off for this, so I'll pre reg on Tuesday (aka when i have money in the bank)

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's time spiral. Anything goes.

And, no, I don't still play. I will if someone hands me a deck though.

:phone:

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Bah. They want me to pay for the venue before the tournament. Not a problem, just a pain in my arse. With that being said, please, and I mean, PLEASE pre-reg before the 31st (or the day after when I get 5 extra dollars for every pre-reg).

Venue layout. There are 20 tables. I suggest a max of 40 tvs. lawl. Anyone would like to change the number of chairs we may need?

Corigames

Smash Hero
And spectators.
Also, did you hang fliers up around UofA?
If not, you should hang up fliers around UofA. Even if you could get 1 person extra to pay, it'd probably be worth it.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
im gonna try to get Lucky to go to this

we were hanging out this weekend and he was like "dude i think i might go to that arizona tournament"

hype???

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Extra chairs might be nice if we have a screen for grand finals.
I think so too. I'll order 15-20 more chairs.

And spectators.
Also, did you hang fliers up around UofA?
If not, you should hang up fliers around UofA. Even if you could get 1 person extra to pay, it'd probably be worth it.
Not yet (I live in cool Sierra Vista). I will do so the week of the 31st tournament. I think the U of A sweeps their flyers on Sunday nights though. Anyone can confirm?

lol Elvis.... nice time to change your pic to the Saints logo....

KK cartoff time gogogo
Damn skippy! Bounty or no bounty, I stand in solidarity to my Saints.

is light coming to this?
Yes.

im gonna try to get Lucky to go to this

we were hanging out this weekend and he was like "dude i think i might go to that arizona tournament"

hype???
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAPPPPP.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

It ain't too pretty, but it gets the job done. U of A peeps. Pass this EVERYWHERE.

Not too many, HAZE. I should have a better picture by the 31st.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Nice flyer overall, Elvis.

And FYI, there's a serious lack of a Facebook event page link in the tourney description. ;)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
and if you're going to want the poster to appeal to random students, you should make the words 'SUPER SMASH BROS. TOURNAMENT' at least as big as 'NYTE'

I mean I know the logos are on there but it's all too easy to ignore a flier at a glance *shrug*

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
You make a good point, Derp. However, I think the Smash Logos also take a huge notice on first glance as well. The flyer was made in 100% MSpaint, so feel free to edit it as you think it should be.

Also, Jane, your payment failed to go through, again. XD I can just get the Cash from ya next week.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
how is the attendance looking for this so far for melee? like oos, pre-reg numbers, notable players? i would really like to know this please! thanks

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
how is the attendance looking for this so far for melee? like oos, pre-reg numbers, notable players? i would really like to know this please! thanks
On the front page, you will see the people who have OFFICIALLY registered. However, there is more people coming OoS than which has registered. Notable people is up to your personal opinion of notable. I am NOTABLY the best luigi in the Southwest. Period. :D Axe, Tai, Wobbles, Stab, and I hear Lucky is interested. You never know until the last...week....Personally, if you want to know who will be there, I suggest you come in person.

New Mexico

people from NM who are 100% going

fuck the cars we'll figure that shit out the day before like we always do

Me (Neil)
tekkie (Niall)
Tarmagoyf (Walker)
Napos (Victor)
Dekar173 (Casey)
Twin_A (Kyle)
Tw1n (David)
Light_ (Brad)
Havox (Lewis)
SamTheGlide (Sam)
Erich (Erich)[/COLLAPSE]

SoCal

6. MaizE

OKSASOGLU's house
1. Likewise (myself; Adam)
2. Scott Pilgrim (Ben)
3. Jocelyn Murillo (Ben's girlfriend)
4. Stabbedbyanipple (Matt) :falcomelee:
5. Morino
So yea. I expect we will still get a crapload of people. Arizona's smash community is 40-50 strong in itself.

does someone know something about Saffy?

She was going to buy my pre-reg venue fee :(

I know she was moving to AZ, but I haven't seen her since 2 weeks ago.
I would suggest contacting her Facebook page, or doing some searching in the Arizona Brawl Rankings Page.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Not as notable as mine.

READ THIS IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON BRINGING EQUIPMENT!!!

I will need many extension cords and Power strips since one side of the venue has NO PLUGS. I will discount $1 off venue or spectator per piece of electrical equipment, to make sure we are up and running.

All people bringing setups, PLEASE COME BY 8:30am Saturday, April 7th so we can make this go fast and I can refund you accordingly!! Time management is KEY.

I will refund people on an ON NEED basis. Once we do not need any more, the discount is removed.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Just using the above post for referencing.

Yea. I am in full fledged administrative mode for the next two weeks starting today. If anyone wants to know how staff is going to be set up, it's going to be like this.

Me, the boss/ 64 boss.
Vectorman, Co-Tournament Overseer.
Rubyiris, Co-Tournament Overseer.
The Melee and Brawl Bosses will be established next week at the Tucson 31st tournament.
I will assign pool leaders during the tournament to encourage tournament speed and discourage unneeded friendlies.
I will also assign 4 volunteers picked amongst their peers at the tournament for general monitoring and rule checking. They will have free venue.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Oh, also, since I will most likely not be entering, I would be more than happy to assist with running brackets/pools, etc.

Top Bottom