• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Morin0

Smash Lord
Really? I just checked and I think the prices are even higher :urg:

edit: I just checked what you were talking about. That's only for flights taking place April 17 through May 23, 2012.

If this tournament was a week later, I would be saving a bunch of money. 69 bucks? Eff yeah.

I don't think I'd be going anymore if the price is too high :/

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea. Lowest price I see is 320. Train or bus a good option perhaps? Maybe a carpool.

Train: $230

Bus: $206

They both take the same amount of time to get here.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Yea. Lowest price I see is 320. Train or bus a good option perhaps? Maybe a carpool.

Train: $230

Bus: $206

They both take the same amount of time to get here.
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. The Greyhound bus seems cool. 15 hour ride? My body is ready.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
any chance of making teams payout at least top 4? jw since singles is top 8 payout.

getting pretty hyped for this

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Elvis, we can use my setup for livestreaming if you'd like... (although tai's computer may be better than mine now) but I do know since Taj, nor I are entering (If Taj still shows :(

Guess I'll be the livestream/commentator thingamajig/whatchamacallit..(Taj please show, I like commentating w/you)

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
You can still sign up for NYTE at the tournament on the 6th, it'll just be more expensive with less pool priority correct?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Elvis, we can use my setup for livestreaming if you'd like... (although tai's computer may be better than mine now) but I do know since Taj, nor I are entering (If Taj still shows :(

Guess I'll be the livestream/commentator thingamajig/whatchamacallit..(Taj please show, I like commentating w/you)
Ya I wanted to jump on commentary with Taj :( Show up damn it!!!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. The Greyhound bus seems cool. 15 hour ride? My body is ready.
Sweeeeet.

any chance of making teams payout at least top 4? jw since singles is top 8 payout.

getting pretty hyped for this
Stole this from GEN2's thread. How this look to you all?

Teams:

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Sure Tim. It sucks Taj is only gonna be there for one day. Seriously, who makes a ***** work on Easter?

You can still sign up for NYTE at the tournament on the 6th, it'll just be more expensive with less pool priority correct?
Yes sir. Ask it says on the first post:

"If you must absolutely have to register at the door, we need to get a few things straight:

I am not responsible for putting you into a possible "deathpool" due to the fact your lazy hindquarters showed up after Pre-reg (after March 31st). You've had 8 months to sign up, you won't get 5 minutes from me."

Don't worry, I'm not that mean, its just to prove a point that I really want time to be on our side.

Hopefully you guys stream 64 :awesome:
:colorful: WOULDN'T THAT BE AMAZING? SOMEONE GET AN EXTRA HOOKUP SO WE CAN BROADCAST THIS SHEEEET! :colorful:

Ya I wanted to jump on commentary with Taj :( Show up damn it!!!
Well you can do DOUBLEWIN'T COMMENTARY with your bro. :D
lawl.

Bing, mind clarifying once more what the top 2 Southwest Melee Singles winners get if they win?

Oh yea, I forgot to state. After the tournament, we will decide the "Best in the Southwest". :p I will make the trophy for it after the tournament tho. Financials and what not.

The top 2 winners from Melee singles and Brawl singles from the main tournament fight it out in a Grand Finals scenario to see who is the Best in the Southwest on that Sunday.

We have 22 people signed up for the tournament as of now, with more growning. :D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
If you're from San Diego, just convince some other San Diegans to go as well:
-Ky
-Jun Kim
-Rickety
-Pnoy
-Radical Dreamer
-Azn Lep
-George Tracy

I know I'm missing some. But yeah, it's only a 6 1/2 hour drive from San Diego along the 8 free way. (It takes me 7 1/2 cause I come from Orange County)

And I can probably stream or record...but my laptop needs to be elevated and plugged in as well. :/ (And it has to use Google Chrome since Firefox freezes my computer)

Morin0

Smash Lord
LOL. San Diego is notoriously known to not travel to tournaments outside of San Diego :troll:

I don't think a lot of the SD Smashers will be here anyways because this tournament is in the middle of spring break and they'll be at home.

:phone:

:phone:

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
nice i hope its great commentary since i want to learn to be a better smash commentator i use to do SFIV back in the day on alot of streams.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
COVER ALL THE BULLETIN BOARDS

Derp, Rave, send me your email addys so I can distribute your tickets

EDIT: NVM Guys, I just facebook stalked yall. Fill out your forms that I sent to you all in your emails, you too Herro.

Attendee list updated on the first page, second post.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ah, about that. Could you finish your registration form I reminded you about in your email, please? Your name is covered with glaring INCOMPLETE FORM in my logistics spreadsheet. XD

I will put it up there. I definately do have your registered though.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Just completed my forms. :)

Btw, I'll be bringing an N64, a GC, and a Wii (all with their respective versions of Smash Bros), 4 power strips, 3 extension cords, 2 3-prong outlets, and a TV. :)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I know Bing, but my mail inbox is being bombarded currently with registrations. It will be fine. I am still missing a big chunk of AZ's and NM's and they are 50 strong. We should see a bigger list by Saturday when the last day of Pre-reg is up.
If you've never been to a big tournament before Bing, smashers take forever to Pre-reg. You will notice when you run IMPULSE.

Top Bottom