• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

StarGalaxy777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarGalaxy
SG, it seems that you've made huge progress since January (I think it was January?).

I want to play against you :p

Rizen, I've not watched your playstyle yet, I focused on SG.
I haven't got much time right now :/
I'd like to do that sometime soon but not at this moment

-Played MaTA yesterday very enjoyable (He took majority of the wins :p)

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the connection be horrible since you're so far away?

It was quite enjoyable Star.
My connection is often worse with French people than with American people.
I've already had very good connections on AiB, and I don't often lag. http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/history.aspx?id=74086
Only 2 lag johns (and I didn't lag AT ALL against one of them)! :p

We could try anyway, if you don't mind. :)

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Its all good haha. just the lag :p Good games!

One thing I noticed is you have do SDI out of flamethrower a lot faster haha. And to many Usmash with ivy! but other then that good stuff.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't understand why, I'm usually very good at SDIing (I SDI almost every single move, multi hit or not), but against the flamethrower, I don't know D:

Most U-smashes worked though. And I spamed it against Squirtle because it kills at ~30% and it's awesome to see haha

StarGalaxy777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarGalaxy
Heres some of those dubz I said I would upload (just a little something something)

SG777(PT) Pikruchu(Jiggz) vs Wucus(Wario) Cpt.OrangeFox(Fox) I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cKyCuKPTSY

SG777(PT) Pikruchu(Jiggz) vs Wucus(Jiggz) Cpt.OrangeFox(Lucario) II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY5Eo_pJwnw

SG777(PT) Pikruchu(Jiggz) vs Wucus(Fox) Cpt.OrangeFox(Wolf) III
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHPbrn6xDKo

SG777(PT) Pikruchu(PT) vs Wucus(G&W) Cpt.OrangeFox(Fox) IV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXhGDUnCyxQ

Jigglypuff seems to have good synergy with PT, or is that just me?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I would never mind a critique but I know I tend to overcommit and use options at incorrect %'s.

I just finally wanted you to see my PT but please I would love a Myo critique and/or anyone else here COUGH COUGH T-BLOCK.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^You're really good.
I suck with PT but 2 things I noticed in game 1:
Pit gave a lot of damage with arrows because you were playing spacing games far enough away that you couldn't punish him.
Pit's Uair has crazy sideways range and Pit players love to plank with that. He got you a few times with Uair.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Ok, so :

As Squirtle, don't land with a Fair if your opponent is standing on the ground unless you are sure to hit with it. This is highly punishable (0:36, 1:58, 5:44, etc...). You can Fair to punish though (0:53, 1:03).

Don't use shellshift + UpSmash with Squirtle unless it can kill (you got punished at 2:40, you had almost nothing to win ; DSmash would have work). DSmash is better in most situations imo.

You avoid Arrows like a boss! :p

3:28 : Why watergun?
2:06 and 3:56 : Awful spacing <3
4:30 : Don't use FSmash with Charizard unless it can kill. Maybe that was supposed to be a Bair?
4:36 : Never Glide against a Pit/Falco. They can hurt you really bad with their quick projectiles. I'm not sure but I think a Glide Attack can clank with an Arrow (or outprioritize it).
4:46 : I believe that was a wavebounced RS (to hit behind you with the shards)? If not, you suck. :p
You didn't use Ivy at all. You don't like her? But why using Zard during the last stock and not switching to Squirtle?

Also, don't airdodge into your opponent, you got killed a lot because of this. Remember, airdodging isn't all about the invincibility frames, you can also use your mobility to escape during it. ^^

On Frigate Orpheon, I didn't understand why you choosed to die with Ivysaur and not Squirtle. Weird switch strategy, but it's okay, I guess. :p
Remember that you can zero switch on the moving platform (2nd transformation)
Also, you can SDI Pit's FSmash.

You seem to have some problems against Olimar. He shuts down your approaches, so you keep getting punished.
Try tricking your opponent into thinking you're going to Fair while landing (airdodge + retreat / double jump instead), and try to punish. If he tries to pivot grab, don't fall into it and force him to pivot grab until he has no room to pivot grab, then punish his roll or watergun him to the edge so that you can punish his ledge options. And hopefully get a lucky Fair/Dair for the gimp.

Nair is good at killing pikmins on you. You don't care about having pikmins on you, if you can punish him for using his SideB next to you, do it!

11:05 : Use BReverse OoS!
11:20 : ... Yellow pikmin throws have almost no hitstun... Don't keep mashing after you're throwed!
I think that's about everything I can say, I don't really know the Ivy/Zard MU against Olimar.

I really really like your PT, especially your Squirtle. :)

Edit : Oh and I'm sorry, bad english is bad...

CoonTail

Smash Lord
MYOO!!

Thank you very much for the critique and I was sitting on the left in the green shirt! Also your english is just fine since you have to remember at APEX I was hanging out with Karamity (A japanese player) who spoke very little english at all and we got along just fine. So a little broken english never hurts!

I would never mind a critique but I know I tend to overcommit and use options at incorrect %'s.
As I saw a lot of in your critique I figured I'd quote myself because I deffinitly pick incorrect options and misclick sometimes, hence the random F-smash at the end of game 1.

The critique you gave was awesome and on a sidenote I chose to die as Ivy because I like having a fresh Zard and it greatens my chance of having a fully fresh squirtle. I chose not to die as Squirtle for the same reason because once Squirtle gets fatigued against Pit it is just a nightmare to do anything against him. To me if Squirtle is at that high % that means Ivy is not going to get gimped and the little turtle has done his job, so I give him a break unless the oppnent is at low % for silly combos.

I am just glad you guys can finally get to see my PT again and I am glad you guys like my Squirtle so much!!! Please feel free to critque the vid or just list what you liked about it guys!!

Myollnir

Smash Ace
You're welcome. :)

Also, something that might be useful against Falco + Pit : (Shellstall?) Shellshift + true pivot + crouch = safe approach? You slide a lot while crouching. :)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
You're welcome. :)

Also, something that might be useful against Falco + Pit : (Shellstall?) Shellshift + true pivot + crouch = safe approach? You slide a lot while crouching. :)
Not a bad idea after thinking about approaches while ducking against both Falco & Pit. I am beginning to like Shellshift -> shield since it nets me a grab almost everytime.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ok guys so it is finally happening, today Vinnie will be uploading sets from last night so I should have at least 3 full sets being uploaded.

That being said I am going to be overhauling this entire thread to update it with all our CURRENT videos of all users posting actively. So if you could please help me by either posting links to all your videos again or just sending me the page numbers you posted videos on in this thread. It is going to be a good amount of work to get this thread updated and Vinnie will be helping me, so any other help is appreciated!!!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Haha thanks Myo, you're always one of the first to respond in a very clean and organized manner.

Also I totally have a reverse shift U-smash kill recorded that I want you to see!

And hey I just noticed you never said anything about the zero change to foot-stool in my replay yesterday......o.0 What do I need to do to impress you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
None of my vids so far are worth linking.
I am starting to remember PT's spacing and moves better. The only decent performance I have saved is vs someone playing random and got Yoshi. It's mostly Charazard, critiques are welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKosZlMcdM&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&index=1&feature=plcp
(I'm proud of the 2nd KO)
Whenever Yoshi is anywhere near you, you default to spotdodge/rolls. You need to fight. Most of the time, you can put in an attack between two of the opponent's. U-Smash out-of-shield is awesome for that, and so is Charizard's excellent grab range. You should pay attention to what move they use to pressure your shield and try to punish them accordingly. Single-hit move that puts them next to you? Grab. Multi-hit move that puts them above you? U-Smash. Those are things you have to pay attention to.

I noticed that you have a match against my older brother's Yoshi from the same day--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXZRefXJKC0

This is what you'll have to watch out for. Charizard can't do much to a Yoshi who runs away with Up-B and pivot grab efficiently.

It seems like you rely on spotdodges and opponents' bad spacing to land moves. You shouldn't play like that, because the better your opponents get, the fewer times you'll get an opportunity from those. Learn to anticipate their moves and punish them before they get a chance to do what they want.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thanks for the critique

^Oh, I didn't you were brothers. The G&W game was my first vs a good Yoshi; I got the feel of the MU near the end and played much better than the beginning:ohwell:.

Does Yoshi have a CG on any of the pokemon? When Char Dsmashes will that hit opponents jumping up through the platform or just grounded ones?

PT has an unnatural style for me. I like spacing oriented characters with distinct landings (Link/Wolf/Zelda/G&W/Ganon). With PT it's not that I can't read opponents so much as I don't know how to use PT with out being super obvious:c.

The spot dodging is a Link habit, also I was scared Yoshi might CG me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNIa7vsMYQ
I hate CGs. My comfort zone is probably farther than PT needs to be. I did try to grab and flamethrower punish more and be more aggressive with my aerials. I guess my big thing is I need to learn to space PT and each pokemon's preferred fighting. Like, is Char a SH character, should squirt dance in the air like G&W or use low aerials and ground rushes more like Wolf, what's Ivy's spacing and is she a combo-er, and so on?

I never planned on being great with PT but he's fun, a good learning and understanding the game experience:bee:, and I want to have a presentable PT at least.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Ok guys I have quite a few videos to put up here so lets do this......for MYO!!!

vs Problem :snake: :sheik: :fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBeE...DvjVQa1PpcFNl-9xyq9saqFVvqvE-HRZLjZWtt_QQq70=

vs Problem :fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCO...DvjVQa1PpcFNl-9xyq9saqFklQEViBbwTUvod0b1Mi80=

vs Vinnie :pit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA3t...DvjVQa1PpcFNl-9xyq9saqHtIAicA4BD1HqwGAvNA9j4=

These are friendlies between Vinnie, Problem, and I that will be occurring alot in the upcoming months. The usual plan is we record that night then upload the day afterwords, so expect more in the upcoming hours from last night.

The MU's might get a little redundant since Problem currently mains :fox: :sheik: & :snake: and Vinnie mains :ice climbers: and seconds A lot of characters as follows :gw: :metaknight: :wario: :peach: :pit: just to name some.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
im wondering why you switched out of ivysaur in the first game after getting like 50 free damage in and completely turning the tide of the game in your favour (and then fox ended up taking your second stock first anyways as charizard to give him the lead)

i think you ended up winning the game anyways but i was just wondering why you insist on not using ivysaur even when its working, and if its a comfort thing thats cool and totally understandable but how else are you gonna get comfortable with ivy if you dont use it in friendlies, right?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
im wondering why you switched out of ivysaur in the first game after getting like 50 free damage in and completely turning the tide of the game in your favour (and then fox ended up taking your second stock first anyways as charizard to give him the lead)

i think you ended up winning the game anyways but i was just wondering why you insist on not using ivysaur even when its working, and if its a comfort thing thats cool and totally understandable but how else are you gonna get comfortable with ivy if you dont use it in friendlies, right?
It is a habit from being a rookie and knowing my Ivy gets bodied by good players. You have a point and I am going to make sure I work on that, so thank you for pointing that out!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
It seems like you rely on spotdodges and opponents' bad spacing to land moves. You shouldn't play like that, because the better your opponents get, the fewer times you'll get an opportunity from those. Learn to anticipate their moves and punish them before they get a chance to do what they want.
I tried to integrate your advice into my game and (hopefully) did much better. My big weak spot was I couldn't figure out how to approach Snake with Squirtle. The platforms, Snake's ridiculous reach and explosives killed Squirt's game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNT2fT8niRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoQMQfekjBM&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&index=1&feature=plcp
@ anyone: Please critique if you have spare time. I need to figure out the pokemons' games and stop my bad habits. Thanks:)
...habits like Fsmashing with Char.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got replays worth showing this time:

These are both vs Sheik. My technique still sucks and I keep forgetting that PT doesn't use smashes as freely as I'm used to. I really do feel improvement and understanding each pokemon's dynamics enough to use them and not fake their game and spam (besides several smashes that were habitual and not thought out).
Please critique these instead of my previous posted games. Thanks:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYd...DvjVQa1PpcFPp7mPw2t03wIJ7dIXK5b-tsKgJsWzZ52E=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9T...DvjVQa1PpcFPp7mPw2t03wCDESorhtMnYjGMc4KPTEug=

When I play vs good people I play better myself:smirk:.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I will edit this post soon but Vinnie finally put up the next string of videos.

If you don't want to wait for me to post them *COUGH*MYO*COUGH* then you can find them on the following channels on youtube..

1337pgn
IceCoon45

EDIT****

Rizen and unsound I will do critiques on your vids ASAP I am just currently stuck in work.....

Top Bottom