• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Mafia - Game Over! Who's King of the Jungle?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was just sad that i was bp. Your plays were amazing, i just played it right by not claiming BP.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you could have gunned for a KuzEE lynch instead of lynching John if you weren't BP tho. If I were you I WOULD have bet the lynch on them at that time tho... Cuz like john/sokr were cleared to me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount 5.1 - With 3 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

th3kuzinator/Evil Eye [2] - Gorf, Sokr
Sokr [1] - Evil Eye/th3kuzinator
Gorf [0]

Not voting:

:banana:

- - -

After a long and tiring week, the Kongs sat down for their final meeting. One Kong immediately burst out:

"I'm actually dead!" The other two turned towards this outbreak. "I am only the ghost of the Kong I once was, and I've been dead ever since Donkey Kong Country 3! That explains why there were no casualties last Night."

"It's true, I Watched it with my own eyes." Another Kong piped in. "I also saw the perpetrator! It was him!" The Kong pointed a large finger towards the third figure in the room. "Look at him, he's not even a Kong! This should have been obvious all along!" The Kong made a convincing argument, but it wasn't convincing enough. The others did not waver from their decision to execute him.

"You're not even Chunky Kong, are you?" The third member chimed in. "Let's see who we're really dealing with, here." The Kong stumbled backwards and tripped over a stool as the others ripped his mask from off of him. A collection of empty vials fell to the ground, along with a bushel of ripe, yellow bananas.

[COLLAPSE=""]

th3kuzinator/Evil Eye, Cranky Kong, Independent Potion Master has been lynched![/COLLAPSE]

"Cranky Kong?!?!"

[COLLAPSE=""]

Gorf, Wrinkly Kong, Jungle Bulletproof has won in endgame![/COLLAPSE]

"Well this just got really awkward."

[COLLAPSE=""]

Sokr, Snide, Jungle Weasel has won in endgame![/COLLAPSE]

"Yeah, it was me. In my prime I could have pulled it off in less than an hour with only one stock, but you good-for-nothing apes finally made a good decision for once. I mean, I had to take care of one of them mafiosos for you!"

"You... Cranky, you... tried to kill us."

"Yeah, and I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling Kongs and your weasel!" The Kong and the weasel dropped the platform and riddled the jungle of yet another Kong. At last, there was peace. The rhinoceroses and the parrots and the swordfish frolicked once again.

Game over! The Jungle wins!

:banana:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Role PMs

Kantrip said:
Hello John2k4, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Diddy Kong, Jungle Cop!

You are a crazy whimsical Kong who is used to playing the second banana. You can fly real high with your jetpack on, and your myriad of jungle gadgets can give you the edge in finding danger.

Abilities:

Investigate: Once per Night phase, you can send me the command Investigate: player to discern your target's innocence or guilt.

Alignment: You are jungle aligned and win when all of its threats have been eliminated[/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Mockingjay, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Candy Kong, Jungle Vanilla!

You are Donkey Kong's flirtatious girlfriend. You are a sexy Kong and make it your duty to tend to the barrels when someone needs to save their game.

Abilities: All you have is your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

Alignment: You are jungle aligned and win when all of its threats have been eliminated. [/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Auspher, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Donkey Kong, Jungle Protector!

You are Donkey Kong, and you're finally back to kick some tail. You're bigger, faster, and stronger too! You're the first member of the DK crew! As the leader of the bunch, you make it your duty to ensure the other Kongs stay safe.

Abilities:

Protect: Once per Night phase, you may send me the command Protect: player to protect your target from death for the Night.

Alignment: You are jungle aligned and win when all of its threats have been eliminated![/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Sokr, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Snide, Jungle Weasel!

You were originally a member of the Kremling Krew, but you were kicked out and have since decided to help the Kongs in their endeavors.

Abilities:

Weasel (passive): You will appear guilty to any investigations directed towards you.

Alignment: You are jungle aligned and win when all of its threats have been eliminated![/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Super Vegito, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Lanky Kong, Jungle Vanilla!

You have no style. You have no grace. You're a Kong with a funny face. You are also a crazy orangutan who loves adventure and swinging from the treetops by your abnormally long arms.

Alignment: You are jungle aligned and win when all of its threats have been eliminated! [/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello BarDulL, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Swanky Kong, Mafia Game-Show Cop

You are the rich member of the Kong family, and you love running random enterprises. Having done a reality questionnaire and a carnival in the past, you have returned to scam the Kongs out of their money with your latest game show.

Abilities:

Questionnaire: Each Night phase, you may send me the command Question: player. You will then receive three "answers" in the form of three randomly selected pieces of information about your target's role, abilities, alignment, flavour, etc.

Night Kill: The mafia has a factional Night Kill that either member may send in each Night phase.

Alignment: You are mafia aligned and win when your faction overpowers all other players, or it is logically impossible for you to lose.

Your partner in crime is Soup~, and the two of you may use the following quicktopic for communication purposes: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/iQnwASYm9Rh8[/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Gargaglione, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Dixie Kong, Jungle Vanilla!

You are Diddy Kong's spontaneous, fun-loving girlfriend. You can spin your ponytail around like a helicopter rotor, and you are a killer guitar player.

Kantrip said:
Hello Evil Eye/th3kuzinator, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Cranky Kong, Independent Potion Master!

You are as your name implies: cranky. Back in your day, you were sweeping up maidens and tossing barrels left and right, but you've grown into an old codger. You maintain that you could take on any challenge with only one life in under and hour, and mafia is no exception. Without any outside help, you intend to show these Kongs your true power and give them what for!

Abilities:

Potions: Each Night, you may send me one of the following commands to use one of two potions: Simian Slam or Banana Blend. Simian Slam cannot be used on consecutive Nights, however.

Simian Slam: One of your most infamous concoctions. You may send me the command Simian Slam: player during the Night phase. Your target will be killed by your omnipotent brew! Remember that you may not use Simian Slam on consecutive Nights.

Banana Blend: You may send me the command Banana Blend, and you will be protected from all harmful actions for the Night.

Alignment: You are independently aligned and win when you are the last Kong standing, or when nothing can prevent this.

Safe-claim: Should you choose to use it, you know that Chunky Kong is not in this set-up. You are the only playerslot that has this information.[/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Soup~, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Funky Kong, Mafia Roleblocker!

You are the island's primary source for transportation through your barrel plane business. You also hold the island's largest store of weaponry. You are a resourceful Kong who can make the most out of any situation, and this time you've chosen to annihilate the other Kongs.

Abilities:

Roleblock: Each Night phase, you may send me the command Roleblock: player to prevent your target from taking any active actions for the Night.

Night Kill: The mafia has a factional Night Kill that either member may send in each Night phase.

Alignment: You are mafia aligned and win when your faction overpowers all other players, or it is logically impossible for you to lose.

Your partner in crime is BarDulL, and the two of you may use the following quicktopic for communication purposes: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/iQnwASYm9Rh8[/COLLAPSE]
Kantrip said:
Hello Gorf, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Wrinkly Kong, Jungle Bulletproof!

Though you died some time ago, your ghost lives on to help the Kongs in their darkest hour. You are wise and intelligent, and your ethereal form provides particular benefits when being faced with mortality.

Abilities:

Bulletproof (passive): Any attempts to use a killing action on you will fail.

Kantrip said:
Hello Chaco, and welcome to Donkey Kong Mafia! You are:
[COLLAPSE="Role"]

Donkey Kong Junior, Jungle Vanilla!

You are rumoured to be a lot of things: Donkey Kong's son, Donkey Kong's younger self, or just some kid. Regardless, the fact is you're on the island and you're dead set on helping the Kongs out.

Note: Mockingjay and Gargaglione were not informed of this, but they were back-up roles. If the Jungle Doctor were to die, Mockingjay would have been informed they could then protect players (uninformed nurse), and if the Jungle Cop were to die, Gargaglione would be informed that he could now use the investigate action to look for Independently aligned players (uninformed FBI deputy). The first of these to occur would have triggered, not both. However, that chance never arose as Candy Kong and Dixie Kong were dead before their significant others'.

Note 2: th3kuzinator/Evil Eye's restriction in which they could only use their Simian Slam ability every second Night was removed before it could come into play. This was a calculated decision (for which I contacted Sold) in order to make the set-up more fair for the Indy faction. The initial set-up did not include this restriction, and it was added for basically no reason except for that worst-case scenario had Town in a Kingmaker scenario after 2 mislynches. It wasn't realistic for that to occur, however, so the amendment was implemented.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I take full credit for town's victory.

They say that exemplary indy play should just be considered honorary town anyway :smirk:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I take full credit for town's victory.

They say that exemplary indy play should just be considered honorary town anyway :smirk:
Except when I was the kick start to the 4 hour D1. That was totes a partnership, and I was looking to come in swinging with Soup's "please gaiz accept me" whiny baby attitude lol. But yea, I can't believe you'd go for me :c

#HBC | Gorf

Nah I agree with either no MVP or my MVP. Even leniency on both solely cuz of how good both of our plays were... But I suppose if I were to lean one way I'd say no MVP. I never bought the watcher claim yo lol, I just wanted to engage it. The answer was terribly obvious after yesterDay.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You do realize that you bought the watcher claim long enough for me to go into a killing position to win the game, which I could have easily done if I had just shot Sokr.

Also here's my rationale for shooting you over Sokr: "I feel so bad for Gorf for losing both DK and FLC, I'll kill him now so he doesn't have to be endgamed and feel even worse" lol. Still wub you gorf.

Questionable use of two BP players in an 11 man as well.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Good all around play tho Gorf. Not trying to be a **** by saying this game isnt mvp worthy. It's just not. I think you're definitely good enough for red dice but I don't want this to be that performance. I want to see you kick *** and take names, multiply that D1 performance by the whole game :)

#HBC | Gorf

I guess my argument is that there would be no doubt about who to kill had I made the gorftarded move of claiming BP, and yes I bought your watcher claim long enough to put town in a losing position, but I also played my role well enough to win town the game, which is something you can't deny. Is it MVP worthy? Meh, I'm not sold either way and you know if it was a biased thing I'd be doing a lot more to fight your anti MVP position. Had this been a worse player, though, I think you'd grant the MVP, not gonna lie. Am I wrong?

Axel

J|Zεη
KuzEE were pretty scum the whole game. No idea why Gord didn't lynch them over John.
Overall though Gorf had pretty great reads and his push on Bardull d1 ultimately lead to town's victory.
I think Super Vegito played the most townie and had the most accurate reads however.

MVP: Super Vegito

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
If there's an MVP it is Gorf, because he kicked Bardull's *** in and his BP literally scraped the game out of the gutter and then he didn't listen to our scrumbling. Period.

With that said, the issue I have is that Gorf wasn't trying to bait BP shot or anything, he just hid it because it was a smart thing to do and he was in no danger of lynch. He bought into the claim hook, line and sinker and we got the mylo ML. I wanted to kill Sokr because I was completely confident that he was, in fact, town miller and there could be no unusual surprises. Kuz wanted to kill Gorf in a jokey silly umad kinda way and even told me to change my kill (I had sent a kill: sokr command). That is what won the game. Or, well, it's what UNwon the game for us.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Like, killing Sokr was the "real" slot decision in the sense that I wanted to do it as a calculated decision to account for worst case scenarios. I was still in "I'm playing mafia" mode.

Kuz wanted to kill Gorf for no reason other than silliness, "lolgameova". Gorf being Gorf or anything he did or etc didn't really have anything to do with him getting killed, which is what blew up the win while we had it literally in our hands. Gorf was great other than in mylo but that was the definition of dumb luck.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@kuz: Yeah, when I saw things play out I realized there was far too much protection for an 11 man game. Indy could protect (at the stake of their kill), doctor could protect (with a back-up in the case doc died early), AND there was a BP. Definitely bad design on my part, and I apologize for that.

Also, watching both mafia be literally the two first roles dead really spun this game in a strange direction. It made it an uphill battle for the indy, for sure, moreso than it already was. This game could have turned out drastically differently.

I can do some shoutouts based on stuff I remember:

Mafia: It's a shame how fast you guys got knocked out (I think the entire mafia faction was gone in approximately 24 hours total). Bardull, you had some unfortunate pressure that snowballed as you couldn't react to it in a town mindset. I'm really not sure what you could have done to change that, to be honest. Soup, you did pretty well with distancing yourself from Bardull considering your circumstances. I was surprised when the indy aimed at you, which was an unfortunate case of "nothing could have been done". :(

kuz/EE: You guys played well. There's really not much to say, as your play was pretty solid in general. Nothing was really a stand-out from it, but you guys were a force in D1, pushed on scum (then knocked out the other one :p), and continued to ride through the game just looking townie without much pressure at all. The Watcher thing was ballsy and was just enough to secure a nice MyLo lynch. Sorry again about the BP, but without it you guys had a secured win so yeah. I probably won't do that both of you posting without a hydra thing again as some people were kongfused and stuff.

Sokr: I just want to say I was proud of your level-headedness in endgame. When kuz/EE pulled out the huge Watcher gambit with a very clear crumb, you didn't buy it right away and you really thought about it, I could tell. You spotted the Godfather mistake and didn't sheep along. It's really great to see you have a mind of your own out there, but I'd like to see you be more confident in things and PUSH for stances that you can get behind. You're pretty in-the-background otherwise, and without your miller claim (of all things to alleviate suspicion :p) I feel you could have been a pretty easy ML. Keep going bro! :)

Super Vegito: Just want to say you guys did a good job in the active position you took up. The Soup suspicion was good, and you even had some kuzEE suspicion during D1 that you voiced. You guys didn't jump onto Bardull like the rest of town was seeming to do, but it didn't matter. Solid play.

Gorf: Right from the start of the game I was really happy to see you come out swinging. You were playing your role extremely well during the very short D1, and you were the first to jump on Bardull. I was rooting for you drawing a NK because I could tell you were trying for it. Had your D1 play kept up through the game, you would be MVP no problem. I feel like when Super Vegito and kuzEE made themselves forces as well, you kind of faded away and didn't keep it up. Your trust in kuzEE caused you not to look at them much until the VERY end, and under normal circumstances it would have been too late. You played VERY well during D1, and you brought the heat in LyLo, but I didn't feel you in between, and the lucky end of a 50/50 NK is really what saved you. As a result, I am deciding on No MVP for this game.

Everyone Else: Good job on winning, you probably either died early or didn't have anything I could remember to say to you.

zapp brannigan

Ranmaru|Vanderzant
Kantrip:

We thought KuzEE might have tried to connect us to Bardull so we denied suspicion of it. Partially.

Good games guys. This was the funnest game I have had, and the quickest. And I laughed really hard. Let's do this again sometime shall we?

Also any tips on improving/getting better at finding indies would be nice : D

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Hey kuz, I was wondering: if you guys didn't auto-win after John's lynch, why would you vote for Gorf over me? Or were you not thinking about that?

Great game btw, kuzEE and Gorf.

zapp brannigan

Ranmaru|Vanderzant
We were lucky that Auspher/John/Sokr turned out to be pr's.

I still had my doubts on John so I understood Gorf's pov with that.

Suchhhh a very good game. Like I'll re-read it just to have a good time. I do the same with Time Travelers at times.

zapp brannigan

Ranmaru|Vanderzant
I agree on this. .... Maybe.

Like the best short D1 of all time.

TT is like... LOTSA buildup to a AWESOME CLIMAX of D1 bull**** that made me LOL.

nah. I think you are right.

John2k4

The End of an Era
As I stated earlier, my Cop power was useless; I saw random as the best choice atthat point.

John2k4

The End of an Era
The first one with Gorf was thought out. I liked how I laid out the innocent crumb as a phone error with other crumbs around it.

Top Bottom