• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Mafia - Game Over! Who's King of the Jungle?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Gorf. Stop thinking you're so ****ing slick or good and get your head out of your ***. Look at this from other perspectives. I know whats going through your head and I know what you must be thinking. I've been in this exact same spot, thinking I had it figured out.

God how the **** am I gonna convince you of this. Gog****ingdammits

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Maaaaaaaaaaan you tripped on yourself with claiming that Sokr followed me bro. You'd have had a better shot saying no one targeted Sokr tbh. This is just like the whole perma tailor shiz in FLC. EXACTLY like it with the "ninja that sometimes gives ??? back as results."

It's not about thinking I'm hot ****, it's just about knowing that there's no other logical explanation. I'm fine with giving you time to try and scrap up reasoning for it but ultimately I don't see my vote going anywhere else. But I'll look from your POV, notice where my vote is.

:126:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm reading up, but seriously. Gorf.

Man, after getting bamboozled by both Kuz AND EE in FLC I get the privilege of lynching BOTH of them in one blow?! SWEET!
Read this snippet and try to tell me that you're not a little too eager to jump to this conclusion. Yeah, it would sure as hell feel good. If it were true. Which it isn't. But how good that would feel and that prior ****in' game is really clearly influencing your opinion in ways that it should

that being "at all"

#HBC | Gorf

Man I haven't even really gotten much except for "you're wrong." I mean, I don't think I'm wrong. It just sucks that you guys are stuck with the only person in this playerlist who'd have the balls to lynch you :ohwell:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Maaaaaaaaaaan you tripped on yourself with claiming that Sokr followed me bro. You'd have had a better shot saying no one targeted Sokr tbh. This is just like the whole perma tailor shiz in FLC. EXACTLY like it with the "ninja that sometimes gives ??? back as results."
Don't you think I would be smart enough to figure this **** out immediately if I was scum? The only reason I told you this is because, as unlikely as it looks, its the fking truth. I wouldn't make up some bull**** story that contradicts itself or even claim watcher in the first place for that matter if I was an indy playing to win. That would make my life so much fking harder. I'm telling you what my gogdam results are, despite the contradiction, because they're real.

God I hate that its coming down to this. **** me. **** me. **** me.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Man I haven't even really gotten much except for "you're wrong." I mean, I don't think I'm wrong. It just sucks that you guys are stuck with the only person in this playerlist who'd have the balls to lynch you :ohwell:
But you are wrong. I know from your PoV it looks like we're just spewing the **** to save our *** but I'm being fkin serious here. You're. Making. A. Huge. Mistake.

#HBC | Gorf

Dang! Adorable is pretty good, sprinkled with current displeasure. You got me in a tizzy. I mean I don't wanna do it yo, you're both fellow toasters and MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, I'm gonna get toasted before I make a decision.

(Hint: Toasting usually happens during weekends)

:126:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gorf, I'm just telling you to consider your mentality, because the goggles are on. Don't say I didn't have a point with what I quoted, man. That is so clearly influencing your thoughts right now.

So here's what I think:

I think Sokr really IS a ninja. Independent Ninja maybe? **** if I know. I'm not going to tell you that i can explain away the miller aspect, because I can't. There are possibilities, but that's all baseless speculation.

But think, instead, about the point of a ninja. It's to make an action and not be held accountable. This in turn creates false accountability for others. I've never played with a Ninja before, but I have always understood the check they represent for watchers and trackers, which can at times be OP without said checks.

If we saw John and ??? visit Auspher, the gain is diminished. In fact, John would basically be autocleared because the ??? would so very obviously be the kill.

Instead, Sokr the Ninja kills Auspher on a night that John investigates him. Because another person has targeted Auspher, that person is the only one seen. Thus, you have false accountability. The kind that has to be puzzled through with scumhunting.

Which we were trying to do, but John was a little busy being as scummy as humanly ****ing possible, in spite of our both our attempts to give him a chance to show town colors.

With no one left to be seen visiting you last night, however, we see ??? instead of no one. Why ??? instead of "no visits"? Because if you were anything but a BP, you'd be dead. Seeing a "???" visit someone that is visited by no one else makes the Ninja an actual viable role for the game, because this can result in town finding out that there IS a Ninja. This is how you design roles like this to be viable worries, instead of crazy conspiracy theory bogeymen.

Sokr is a Ninja, and he's a bad guy.

I don't know why he's a miller. Obviously he knew he'd investigate as a bad guy. It could really be as simple as his being a mafia ninja and ALSO a traitor, which suddenly makes the gameshow cop make a whoooole lot more sense. That is the best I've got for you there.

He targeted and killed Auspher on the same night John investigated him. It's not hard to see. Sokr is intelligent enough, and what did John do last time someone claimed a role that in no way whatsoever justified an investigation (Sokr himself, miller)? He investigated it. So he goes two in a row from flailing, clueless John, killing Auspher. And he's right. And it paid off in spades.

Sokr keeps his hands off of John the moment kuz and I claim and lets town sort out how they want to play John. This keeps his hands the cleanest, even though John is by far the most likely lynch. Then he tries to kill Gorf to seal the deal, I guess banking on massive WIFOM if something goes wrong, or hell, maybe he didn't even think he could be seen by a watcher at all. Either way everything lines up quite nicely for him to cruise through 3man lylo even in the worst case scenario, which is 3man lylo happening at all.

Remember when I was holding back from John? Trying to read John? Wanting to talk to Kuzi about concerns? Those concerns were Sokr. Sokr was iffy. But John just got worse, and worse, and worse. To borderline trollscum territory. Reread that ****ing day and tell me I had any other plays to make, man.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
So I'm the indy ninja miller? Are you sure it's not ninja mafia? Which one's more believable Gorf?

Ok, seriously:

Gorf, you make a good case against kuz/EE. Although you're eagerness is making me hesitate. I'm not seeing how this night could've gone by without a bulletproof. I'm not bulletproof. kuz/EE haven't claimed it. I know I'm town miller. By process of elimination this leaves kuz/EE.

Also, a bulletproof in this setup is much more believable than a watcher.

Also they're claiming that ??? result on Gorf. I know I didn't target him. Heck if I was scum I'd go for the watcher because out of the two left, they'd be least likely to be a BP or something, and with the doc dead.

Gotta say it's looking pretty bad for kuz/EE from my PoV. Gorf lemme know when you wanna vote 'em.

kuz/EE, see any way Gorf could be scum outta this? Because you obviously aren't convincing me.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I've looked through the night kills and eliminated my speculation that Gorf can only kill every __ nights. So unless he's stupid didn't want the game to end lastNight and wanted to carry it on toDay, he can't be scum. kuz/EE, you haven't claimed anything that would explain Gorf being scum so I am 99.5% leaning towards you guys as scum. Gorf, I'm just waiting for you so we can lynch them (unless you'd prefer town loses and lynch me on the speculation that I'm... what was it? Some kindof indy ninja miller?)

#HBC | Gorf

Funny. I was told something very, VERY interesting by one of my teachers today:

"Sometimes, we allow our minds to dig too deep when the absolute answer is on the surface."

Kuz/EE claimed that they only saw John go to Auspher. The numbers are too stacked to be 8 v 3, and I'll never believe indy miller.

Vote: Kuz/EE

Funny, I accidentally typed Sokr's name and was hovering over post quick reply when I realized OH SHIZ!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gorf, seriously.

Mafia Traitor. Power role: Ninja.

Possible conditions: Doesn't count toward mafia ratio unless the others have died. Another possible condition is that the killing power isn't unlocked until a mafiat has died. Likely doesn't know identity of mafia, forcing them to scumhunt themselves (more often than not the case with traitors).

Hints: ??? result on watches where the visited individual is only visited by the ninja. Mafia Cop. The idea that you think a mafia cop being able to catch a miller is enough for verifiability is craziness. At the end of the day all mafia cop would have contributed is a guilty on a townie, for better or for worse. Being a mafia cop that can catch an actual mafiat is so much more likely.

With a cop, watcher, and doc, it remains all the more balanced. Mafia having a cop puts stress on the cop to play well and also town to scumhunt, rather than clear-by-claim shenanigans. Doc can cushion the numbers game very significantly. Watcher is checked by the ninja.

The fact that you let Sokr boil a perfectly reasonable theory into "indy miller" and treated the claim as such is craziness.

Look at WHAT HE IS DOING. Keeping his options open. He is still holding out the possibility of Gorfscum, even though Gorfscum won last night by killing Sokr or KuzEE.

He did the same **** yesterDay, trying to insinuate little things and get someone else to run them for him. Why do you think he was so hesitant on John's lynch? Because he's a bad guy and he got scurred of pushing the lynch (particularly when he knew you and probably Kuz and myself would be doing so), because as a bad guy he KNOWS John is legit, no matter how it looks.

Please unvote. Seriously. I'm at uni right now, but I'll be back later this evening to talk it out. I want a dialogue. You owe us that much. In the meantime reread D4-5 and look at Sokr. Look at Kuz and myself. you can very obviously see efforts by both of us to read the situation and give John benefit of the doubt. Sokr is just leaning back waiting for the path of least resistance to appear. He did it yesterDay and HE'S DOING IT NOW.

Gorf damn it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Look at him trying to appeal to US for God's sakes. We said we watched you, we said we saw ??? visit you (on the night of a NK, just following mylo, and after which you claimed BP).

and yet HE ASKS US IF WE CAN SEE GORF SCUM. Why? Why would he do that? WHY would a TOWNIE do that? You obviously didn't ****ing visit YOURSELF. His POV shows NOTHING to indicate that Gorf could be scum, because if he believes us that means you were targeted for death.

But he still hangs back. Because he's keeping his options open.

Because we're the ****ing watcher and once again he is afraid to take a definitive stance against a town PR. Just like with John.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
EE, I was keeping Gorf as an option because I really didn't want to kill the wrong person. It would be foolish to blind yourself to other options.

:phone:

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Gord my soul was like.... reaching to you mang. Like I was trying to tell you to vote KuzEEEEE in the QT. I just yelled as loud as I could so you could hear me. <3

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Bardull dying d1 ****ed me over. Me posting randomly late at night was even worse.
Good to know the Indy killed me though, no idea why.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Bardull dying d1 ****ed me over. Me posting randomly late at night was even worse.
Good to know the Indy killed me though, no idea why.
Also. It's sort of obvious that you are avoiding the thread when you are johning alot dude. Especially because you came back in thread saying you didn't read cuz you woke up or something?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Also. It's sort of obvious that you are avoiding the thread when you are johning alot dude. Especially because you came back in thread saying you didn't read cuz you woke up or something?
no i was tired making excuses and trying to last second distance bardull on any effort i could

Top Bottom