• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Hated Charectors to Go Against?

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Mine would be

1. Marth, just never am good against him. They space me out too well.

2. Snake, hate all of the BOOMS and what not.

3. Olimar, for reasons

4. Diddy, I guess due to nanners but not that bad

5. MK, I guess just cause he should be on the list. lol

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Why do people hate Peach? I have never seen anyone mention hating Peach outside of this thread.

:phone:
I wonder this as well. And I have to sometimes go against one of the top Peach players who I usually lose too. Yet, she's not on my top 5 most hated list...

8Bitman

Smash Master
That's why Daboo wins tourneys. Catching those extraneous factors.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Top 5 MU's I suck at:
:peach: Floating is stupid. I hate her damnit.
:diddy: Honostly he could take all the spots for himself.
:snake: Dat u tilt.
:olimar: Hate this guy...
:luigi2: He's so fricken weird.

Ignore the sig, I pick up chars I suck against.

I don't hate many characters, but 3 just iff me yet 2 are more personal dislikes.

:olimar: IDK, I feel he gets away with many thing compared to other characters. No offense to any Oli mains, but I feel he's stupid LOL.

:yoshi: Boring to watch and play really unless it's Zudenka.

:jigglypuffbrawl: I'm not sure why anyone would really play her seriously or how she's supposedely 2nd favorite pokemon in Japan.

Cia

das kwl
"Charectors" lol

And why do so many ppl hate fighting peach? :ohwell:

1. Olimar

2. Falco

3. Ice Climbers

4. Mr. Game and Watch

5. Snake
-----

4 and 5 is kinda just filler. 1 - 3 just completely ruin brawl for me.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
:rob: Thou shalt spotdodge to dsmash
:jigglypuff: Aerial types always get me.
:kirby2: That dgrab combo makes my face mad.
:metaknight: What happens when satan mixes a pillow with a blender and gives it a mask.
:gw: Idk they make my soul burn with hatred slightly more so than anyone else when i see him 2D his way on the scene
:popo: Aka ***grabbers. One game each stock means you're ******. IC mains have no soul and truly give no sympathy.

Yeah i put six. Big whoop wanna fight about it? Just don't pick any of the above.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
:rob: Thou shalt spotdodge to dsmash
:jigglypuff: Aerial types always get me.
:kirby2: That dgrab combo makes my face mad.
:metaknight: What happens when satan mixes a pillow with a blender and gives it a mask.
:gw: Idk they make my soul burn with hatred slightly more so than anyone else when i see him 2D his way on the scene
:popo: Aka ***grabbers. One game each stock means you're ******. IC mains have no soul and truly give no sympathy.

Yeah i put six. Big whoop wanna fight about it? Just don't pick any of the above.
<3 R.O.B da bess~

1. Marth(a). **** F-Fair, **** U-Air, ****- U-Tilt. Shieldpokes for days. I actually think all R.O.B mains hate Marth. (Why can't we have Ike and Roy.)
2. Sonic. I'm too slow. /salt
3. Diddy Kong. I'm too slow. /salt
4. G&W. I die at like 11% from jab.
5. Falco. While I can't get CG'd...I'm too slow.

I don't see where all the peach hate is coming from. Fun MU IMO.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
olimar is a complete buttcrack. thuogh i beat most olimars i face(looks at quest :glare:) i still hate them
ddd is my 2nd most hated mu not only because of cg but because he's the only character who outweighs dk. another :glare:
peach ... turnip turnip dair utilt fair gg :| though ive been recently practicing with neon to get this mu down!
yoshi... who uses yoshi i mean .-. but yea dem eggs suck
tink/rob tie for 5th because they're both campy and one will bair/uair for a kill and the other will spotdodge->dsmash when inside

SxK

olimar is a complete buttcrack. thuogh i beat most olimars i face(looks at quest :glare:) i still hate them
ddd is my 2nd most hated mu not only because of cg but because he's the only character who outweighs dk. another :glare:
peach ... turnip turnip dair utilt fair gg :| though ive been recently practicing with neon to get this mu down!
yoshi... who uses yoshi i mean .-. but yea dem eggs suck
tink/rob tie for 5th because they're both campy and one will bair/uair for a kill and the other will spotdodge->dsmash when inside
You can DI out of downsmash.
Jussayin.
Then you get a free whatever.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Or like most of the time, DIing out of Robs dsmash sets you up for another dsmash.

SxK

not if done properly.
you can move away and be out of reach for another one.

But yeah, I've done that a few times.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
D3 because chaingrabs are awful and no fun to play against. Still have no idea how this is an even matchup for Luc.

Diddy because bananas are awful and no fun to play against. Also because I hate the character himself. F*** Diddy.

Meta Knight because Meta Knight is awful and no fun to play against. The worst part is that he's my favorite Kirby character.

Fox because Upsmash is awful and no fun to play against. He also has a reflector which means I can't derp with Aura Spheres

ZSS because I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing when I fight her and I get totally exposed.

:phone:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I guess the top 5 for me would have to be:
1. :toonlink: - In all honesty it's probably because I don't know the mu too well, but when I play against TL I just can never outcamp or hit him. QQQQ
2. :peach: - I just need to learn the mu and figure out how to deal with dair honestly lol.
3. :samus: - I don't know the mu and constantly getting zair'd in the face isn't fun either. ;(
4. :pt: - I don't know the mu, and Squirtle/Ivy are really annoying for me to deal with. >_<
5. :gw: - I don't really know the mu and that bair seems so safe. Q_Q

EDIT: In no specific order. BD

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I also don't understand what makes people hate Peach? I've never played a Peach that has played in such a way that he could make me rage. She is not hard to kill, her moves aren't that annoying as many other characters' and while she does have those low % strings they don't matter that much when lots of characters live to 200%+ on average against her.

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
Good idea roller :)
lemme update my dislikes
:popo: Just watching videos of the ICs scares the crap outta me
:olimar:
:metaknight:
:pikachu: Gosh he's just so impossibly annoying! (kinda makes me want to use him as my secondary though XD)
:snake:

Roller

Smash Legend
OK, Completed the content analysis!

(See Bottom of Post for Study Based "Hate Tier List")

Method:

-Responses in this thread used for subject pool.
-Reverse point scale (#1=5 points, #2=4, #3=3, #4=2, #5=1)
-If 2 characters were listed as tied, I gave each of them the value of one ranking below, and added .5 (or two values below and .333 if there were 3 tied; if 3 were tied for 5th, I still awarded .333 though)
-Took into account only top 5 listed characters for each player.
-If only 1 or 2 characters were listed, I granted that char the corresponding points for being a #1 or 2 pick, and awarded no other points.
-Troll posts involving characters not in Brawl were entirely excluded, (however one list of only pikmen colors counted as a #1 mention for olimar)
-I edited my ranking to be 5 characters instead of just peach, prior to analyzing data.

Results:

Character: # of Points (# of Mentions)

Olimar: 166 (43)
ICs: 95 (26)
MK: 92 (29)
Falco: 68.5 (21)
Peach: 52 (16)
DDD: 49.5 (17)
Marth: 49.5 (15)
Snake: 48 (18)
Diddy: 48 (16)
TL: 27.5 (11)
Pika: 26 (10)
Luigi: 26 (8)
Yoshi: 21 (6)
GW: 19 (9)
Sonic: 18 (6)
Kirby: 14 (4)
Jiggs: 13 (4)
Fox: 11.5 (4)
ROB: 10.5 (3)
Wolf: 10 (4)
Pit: 9.333 (6)
Samus: 7.333 (4)
PT(Squirtle): 6 (4)
Wario: 6 (3)
Lucario: 4.333 (4)
Lucas: 4 (1)
Ike: 4 (1)
Ganon: 3 (2)
ZSS: 3 (3)
Mario: 1 (1)
Sheik: 1 (1)

Interesting facts to note:

-31 total "hated" characters
-Ganon is more hated than Sheik and Mario
-Samus is more hated than Zero Suit Samus
-ICs have 2nd most points by 3 over MK, but MK has 2nd most mentions by 3 over ICs

Possible Confounding Variables:

-No standardized criteria for "hate"
-Regional bias not controlled for
-Bias based on main character not controlled for
-Player skill not controlled for
-Player duration of time in community not controlled for
-Player tournament experience not controlled for
-Player involvement in community not controlled for
-Relatively small subject pool

Given "Point" and "Mention" distribution I propose these results be broken into tiers:

:mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad: BRAWL HATE LIST :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

F*** YOU: :olimar:

D-Bag: :popo::metaknight:

Hated: :falco::peach::dedede: :marth::snake::diddy:

Dumb: :toonlink::pikachu2::luigi2:

Not a fan: :yoshi2::gw::sonic:

Meh: :kirby2::jigglypuff::fox::rob::wolf::pit: :samus2::squirtle::wario: :lucario:

Not so bad: :lucas::ike: :ganondorf::zerosuitsamus: :mario2::sheik:

Liked (No Hate Mentions): :zelda::link2::falcon: :ness2::bowser2::dk2:

And there you have it.

Question for thought/Further research: Could this data be related in any way to why the URC failed?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Also interesting to note, Wario is the only Top Tier character below the Dumb tier, making him the best character to use if you want to place well, but not have people hate you. Next best in that regard would be Lucario or ZSS :awesome:

Top Bottom